The Journals of Kelthas Oraen

Share your original RP stories here.
Gormal
Sojourner

The Journals of Kelthas Oraen

Postby Gormal » Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:28 am

-Its been a while since I contributed anything to the Story forum so I thought I'd get back into the swing of things with this thread.

I created this guy to test rangers out, but I missed roleplaying a human as well as a dwarf. I thought that I would try something different then just writing stories.
Last edited by Gormal on Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:33 am

[An excerpt from the writings of Kelthas Oraen]

The sun always rises and the sun always sets. Isn't that what you said mother? One of the few truths in life you said. I am hard-pressed now to think of another. I watched last night as a young woman was drug away from a skirmish with a small band of drow. The next morning the sun rose alongside a broad elm tree. The bloody corpse swaying gently from one of its thick limbs was nearly blotted out by the bright dawn behind it.

Nothing I could do. No matter how hard I fought there were always more between us. She was healing our wounded, not fighting. Why such cruelty? What does the world gain from such as this? I prayed to Mielikki, she she has been silent in her replies.

It has been twelve days since I last saw a tree that was still green. My heart longs to be away from these blasted lands, but alas my will drives me farther in. We promised to find proof that the dark ones are beginning to work in unison. We promised to bring them proof...
Last edited by Gormal on Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:16 pm

Last night I dreamt of Shanri again. Those crystalline green eyes staring at me through a pane of glass. No matter how I tried, I couldn't break through to her. My sword shattered against it, the shards biting into my face. I fell to my knees in tears to see the flames lapping at her ankles. As they crept up ehr skirts, she mouthed a single word, my name.

No matter how many times I suffer this nightmare, I still wake screaming, trying not to recall the fires that gutted our home and took her from me. The others do not ask, and I am glad for it as I have no wish to share my shame with them. I miss you Shanri, and I will not stop until you are avenged.

Return to “Stories”