Is it War You Desire?

Share your original RP stories here.
Nilan
Sojourner

Is it War You Desire?

Postby Nilan » Fri May 31, 2002 4:00 am

Laugh Toarn,

Go back to your drinking and butchering small animals in the northern wasteland you call home. I know much of Imphras, as I walked along side many, though I will never have called them allies.

I know the cowardly acts of many that serve under the dying banner of King Imphras. I know that they would use a woman, as a pawn and shield, to protect their worthless hides. Tell your esteemed leader, Dornax, that if Elisten is to be his "insurance" as he so casual puts it, then I call you all cowards!!!! Hiding behind the fair Lady Elisten as if she were some kind of shield. Any man that claims righteousness of this action , is no better than the foul Kiyre, who would kidnap her in an attempt to see me executed.

So wave the banner of Imphras high if you dare, support a leader that would use a woman as an insurance policy. What noble the actions you serve, barbarian. What honorable achievements you are destined for. *spit*

My wife took me into her arms and said - "If you must die because you have dared to love me, die proudly, my husband"

When I die, Toarn, I shall die proudly, and with honor. Not you, not Imphras, nor the gods above can ever take that from me.

You , my cowardly friend, can not say the same.

*bow*

Nilan,

Drow Assassin
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Fri May 31, 2002 5:07 am

Any creature that loves a worthless drow such as yerself holds no weight in me eyes, dark one. Ye can lurk about and say what ye will, but simply know that ye in fact do have a weakness. Ye have let yerself go in yer old age, the assassin I once knew was far more cunning and wise than to allow his marriage to be known.

Know that if ye betray yer word, there will be consequences, lad. Ye are not outside of the reach of the might of Moradin nor of the Shadows of Imphras.

Tolerance is a splendid thing, but treachery will ne'er go without due recourse, dark elf.

As for the Vengeful Hellion, I wish ye the speed of flight in yer journeys to inner peace. Ye will be missed, but ne'er forgotten.

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Fri May 31, 2002 6:49 am

Betray my word? What word have I given that you so wish me not to betray?

I have made no promisses to you, Dwarf of Imphras, save one...harm my wife to get to me and a war you will thus start.

Leave her out of our affairs, she knows nothing of my dealings or those of my people.

As for making my marriage known...that was never my intent. A secret wedding was held because I feared for Elisten's safety, following her kidnapping at Kiyre's hand. But since then, the realms now know of the story of a Noble Grey Elf Prietess and her love for a Drow Assassin. I do not hide from it, on the contray I admit it openly.

I am not afraid. Your dwarven god can not harm me and your underlings have no control over me.

Until we cross paths, Dwarf of Imphras...

Nilan

Drow Assassin
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Jun 12, 2002 7:51 pm

You'll never know when... Nilan. It could happen at any time. Your dear wife may be sitting at peace in the woods and out of nowhere, a dagger will emerge from her chest. A gloved pair of hands may wrap a wire around her throat and choke the life out of her. Be afraid, Nilan. Know that you can't protect her at all times. Know that although your love has given you strength in the past... it is also your most dreaded weakness. Feel fear.

------------------
-Yayaril
Fura
Sojourner

Postby Fura » Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:41 am

The old shamaness read the letter, then turned away. A single tear slipped down her weathered cheek before soaking into a stray tuft of elk-fur yarn woven into her hair.

Closing her eyes briefly, she thought of her husband and was rewarded with a vision of him, could see his pride as he hunted beside his friends. And as she could be linked with her husband, she knew one other could reach her husband similarly. She was there when it happened, after all...

Was it months ago? Years? Time passes differently in the Dreaming. We gathered in our physical bodies to witness a union some deemed unholy, but the shamaness knew otherwise. For the truth of their spirits, their oneness, she led the party into the Dreaming - to Undermountain, to Evermeet, and to an unknown place near Dobloth Kyor. It was a hazard, with dangers all about. The drow ranger from Griffon's Nest somehow entered the Dreaming, offered himself to protect the party. Perhaps none at the wedding had known what the risks had been to their guide - but no matter.

"I know much of Imphras, as I walked along side many, though I will never have called them allies." The words rang with the crystal sharpness of the Mirar as it passed under the ice bridge. Fura didn't know who was the more betrayed - he who was a member of Imphras and pledged himself as friend and guardian for the wedding between Nilan and Elisten, or the one who was even now shunning his old friend.

Chewing on an exotic fungus to hear the Dreaming a bit louder, the shamaness pondered the evils in a world where even the long-lived races forgot their recent history with such rage and disdain.
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Sat Jun 15, 2002 5:48 am

Often I wander through the forests of Evermeet, thinking back on old times. Remembering when I met the friends I now have and even the friends that have been absent from my life.

I am a simple person. I had the simple idea that Nilan and I would be the start of something new, something better. My simple mindedness ran away with me, so it now seems.

However looking back now and knowing what I know, if I had it to do all over again, I would choose Nilan. There was never any other choice.

I realize now, that nothing is ever simple. I suppose if it was, then what would be the purpose of living?

Anyhow, I might have ran off on some tangent. I really meant to speak some words to Fura and Sylvos.

You two.. you are my angels. I mean that. You were there when so many others were not. I love you both more than you can imagine.

Please know that my heart is with you always. I am sorry for any pain that has been thrown your way. I fear feelings have been irrovocably hurt and for that I am ever sorry.

As for the rift that is ever widening between two friends... I cry.

Now it turns late, the sun is setting. I must find my bed.

Always,

Elisten

------------------
Anar caluva tielyanna.
- "The sun shall shine upon your path."

[This message has been edited by Elisten (edited 06-15-2002).]
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sat Jun 15, 2002 6:47 am

Yer a foolish one, drow.

Take what I say as I say it. I'm no fool and I don'a dance around with me words. I say it plain and that's how it is. Fear not my wrath or that of my Shadows, only know ye are vulnerable. Ye have allowed yerself open and yer anger at me noticing it is amusing indeed.

Take what I say to heart as ye do yer elf maiden. Ye are kept in check through yer love for her, and until that love dies or one of ye do, I advise ye to keep yer trap shut. Or I'd be happy to shut it for ye.

Grave times are happn'n in the realms, and I fer one am most certainly going to do me best to do the will of Moradin and me people as well as my duty as a Shadow. I advise ye to stifle yer petty emotions and find a way to do what ye can to keep yer own from falling victim to whate'er darkness may arise, lest ye be engulfed by it.

Dornax

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:03 am

Dornax,

Are you as blind as my people are in sunlight that you do not see the actions of your Imphras slaves?
Are you a deafened by your false sense of justice, that you do not hear the words that your slaves speak?

I see them, I hear them. But I will not cower in some dark cave because this is what "mighty" Imphras decrees. I will proudly step forward and defend what i hold dear to my heart...what i hold true. And if that gets in the way of the little "insurance game" you and your followers have planned, then I am sorry. Do not expect me to turn away from the odds, no matter how many of your people I will face.

I will stand proud for my believes, I will not see my wife as a pawn in your pety games. To those that stand behind you, Leader of Imphras, know that never shall you take that from me.

And to the Ranger that once stood beside me as both guardian and friend. It is you that choose to shun me. I simply have given up trying... If you truely believe that my wife be used as this "insurance policy" by your leader, then i understand your reasons for lack of contact. But if you do not and your heart tells you that it is wrong, then why do you stand silent?

Why....Abbil? Why?

There is indeed a growing evil in this world...and you Dornax, you Imphras, have no idea where I stand in it. And for that, I am sorry.....

Nilan

ShadowStalker - Drow Assassin
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:14 am

Leave it to a drow to paint himself the victim when it is 'is blade that ends up in so many innocent's backs.

As far as where ye stand in the time of troubles we seem destined to endure, I wager yer on the side that profits ye the most.

Dornax

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"

[This message has been edited by Jurdex (edited 06-15-2002).]
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:28 am

Perhaps I'll take that bet....

Nilan
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:00 pm

I like that yer a gambler, but careful lad.. get too close to the fire and ye will get burned.

Dornax

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:34 am

You assume I fear the fire and getting burned. If you know anything of me, Dwarven dog, you know that i do not. A soul forged in hell need not fear its fire.

Nilan
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:38 am

Careful of yer words, dark elf, this dog might just bite ye in the ass one day.

My statement stands still. Ye have proven to serve only fer yerself, and until ye show otherwise, I'm sayin ye are in it for yer own hide.

Dornax

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:36 am

I do not need to prove anything to you dwarf, not to you, nor the slaves you command, nor any that walk the surface.

I have my own agenda. I care not for your approval.

I do not fear these fires you speak of, for they can not burn my skin.

In time you will realize your errors, until then, i pity you.

Nilan

ShadowStalker - Drow Assassin
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:45 pm

Aye, dark elf, ye pity me 'cause that is about the only thing ye can do to me. Ye say alotta things, but not once have ye ever done anything.

All ye do is play yer word games and repeat the same tired phrases, perhaps the rumors of ye going soft are true after all.

Dornax

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:40 am

Perhaps you will think otherwise in times to come. Perhaps you might soon even thank me...we shall see.

That my friend, is worth the price of vengeance.

Care to take that bet, my wagering bearded friend?

Nilan
Drow Assassin
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:42 pm

Whut is the wager, dark elf?

Dornax

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:39 am

A soul....

Nilan

Drow Assassin
Deshana
Sojourner

Postby Deshana » Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:30 am

Feh.

Cowardice, threats, empty boasts.
Yayaril you would threaten an innocent woman?
Dornax, where is your balance?
Elisten, I stand beside you. Always.
Nilan, walk your path and know that most of... these... are beneath your notice, for they have lost the balance and seek to unbalance others.

In short gentlemen, seek not to threaten Elisten, for she is innocent and needs not be embroiled in your petty feuds and squabbles. This goes on too long.

Brightstar.

------------------
Cold Fire Frozen Spirit
IcePhoenix.

The salesman says 'I tell you this bastard is of the finest quality.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sat Aug 03, 2002 6:53 pm

Deshana,

You are an honor to your people and your god.

We shall meet soon enough. Thank you again for arranging that time for Elisten and I in the comforts of that tent on the outskirts of Waterdeep. It is rare indeed that I get to see my wife. These realms are harsh....

I wont forget it.

*bow*

Nilan

Drow Assassin
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:01 pm

An elf siding with a drow?

Aye, now I recall why my brethren despise yer race so. Even the woodland fairies are only focused on themselves to see the hypocrasy of their ways.

Apparently I misjudged ye the few times when I traveled with ye before druid, rest assured I won't make that mistake again.

If ye think I would hurt another without just cause, ye are more delusional than the drow who is "above" us.

As far as balance goes, me hammer is perfectly balanced, and that is all this spineless dark elf and you 'is poor excuse for a druid defender need know.

Dornax

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Deshana
Sojourner

Postby Deshana » Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:25 pm

Dornax,
Please note twas yayril whom I berated for the threats to an innocent woman, However your caustic attitude in this case makes me wonder if i have misjudged you. I thought you a man of honour, and a servant of Toril.

However that is neither here nor there.
I stand beside anyone that wishes peace, and seeks to overcome the foolish foul predjudices of the world. No matter how many fools seek to prolong the foolish hatreds.
All creatures have their places.
Perhaps it is time the people of toril sat and took stock of their hatreds.. and considered if they are really serving to make the world safer.. or serving to bring the destruction of us all.

Consider my words carefully. I watch.. I listen.. and most of all. I Serve the Balance, and my Goddess to the death.

Consider well Raven of Wisdom and show that wisdom in your words.

Brightstar.

------------------
Cold Fire Frozen Spirit
IcePhoenix.

Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sat Aug 03, 2002 9:04 pm

(ooc: rofl, woulda helped if you had addressed yaya by name, although I did bring Elisten into it, which is why Dornax assumed you meant him)

Aye, the wisdom is there, druid. I gave the drow the benefit of the doubt. Alas, Nilan is a dark elf true to the image most have. Deceitful and without honor, he boasts many things, but backs it up with no action, rather with more words that he twists to suit his mood. I simply called his bluff, which is what his words are. He is nothing but hot air!

His tongue is sharper than 'is blade.

Dornax

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:06 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jurdex:
Alas, Nilan is a dark elf true to the image most have. Deceitful and without honor </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honor.

Who's to say that one man's idea of honor is any better, or any worse than, another man's idea?

Everyone has their own honor. Whether others deem it legitimate or not, is rather inconsequential.

I know you are an honorable person Dornax, and I know Nilan is honorable as well.

Just because two people do not see eye to eye, does not make either of them "without honor".

Deshana, sister.

Thank you. What more is there to say? You understand me, you understand the situation. You've taken the extra step to try to understand. For that, you deserve the deepest gratitude.

Always,
Elisten
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:07 pm

You know nothing of what you speak, Dwarf. Or of the world around you? Can you not sense destruction? Or has greed and the precious metals your folk mine, blinded you?

Perhaps, your illustrious guild and the rangers you so guard, pay homage to the coming evil and don't even know it?
For the sake of a coin in your purse and a baubble on your neck, yours and those so called "honorable" rangers aid the very force that will soon destroy your very world....

Ironic that Waterdeep aid and raises the very force that will soon destroy it.

Weak pathetic little fool.....

Nilan

Drow Assassin
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:08 am

Nilan, you are proof that just because something is capable of speaking, doesn't mean it should do so.

------------------
-Yayaril
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:11 am

And you are a fool....

Die with the rest of the fools

Nilan
Deshana
Sojourner

Postby Deshana » Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:18 am

Feh

Wise man say, "Shut your mouth and open your eyes, you just might see somthing." The troubles are bigger then these petty pissing contests. Perhaps it is time for you to look at the larger picture Yayaril, and stop fussing with your primitive male head butting urges.

Brightstar.

------------------
Cold Fire Frozen Spirit
IcePhoenix.

Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:47 pm

Yayaril begins to gibber softly to himself and then dives at you, slamming his forehead into yours!

------------------
-Yayaril
Deshana
Sojourner

Postby Deshana » Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:06 pm

(ooc *snicker*)

She stands up and gazes at the foolish human laying unconcious on the ground.

'Yayaril, You're a rogue, that was a stupid warrior trick.'

She calmly fills a bucket from the well and dumps ice cold water on Yayarils face.

'Silly rogue, headbutts are for meatshields.'

Brightstar.

------------------
Cold Fire Frozen Spirit
IcePhoenix.

Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:09 am

Deshana, ye are a traitor to your people for standing next to this dark elf assassin. Yer own people are s'posed ta hold life so high, yet ye place yerself next to one who takes it without regard.

A dark day indeed.

Dornax

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:17 am

Darker Days are soon to follow, Dwarf of Imphras......

Of this you can be sure

The druid Deshana makes her own choices. I do not force her. I never have. Just as Elisten has made her own chioce.

Can you not sense what is coming???....Or are you blind to the treachery that occurs on the surface, right under your bearded nose?

Nilan

Drow Assassin
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:31 am

I am blind because the quest staff is on temporary hiatus!

Okay, sorry, I had to.

(end ooc)

I never said ye forced them, but it makes them no less of a traitor. As far as what is happenin' here, I am not blind, thanx for askin.

Dornax

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Tue Aug 13, 2002 4:33 pm

We Shall See....

I know what side I aid. I know the goal that must be acheived. I know where my people will stand once all is accomplished.

Do you?....

Nilan

Drow Assassin
Deshana
Sojourner

Postby Deshana » Wed Aug 14, 2002 4:07 am

Feh,

Enough bickering. You sound like children fighting over whos father could best the others in fisticuffs. Foolishness.

Dornax, perhaps we needs must meet, you and I, but I cannot and will not jeapardize myself for one who does not place Toril and her future above petty squabbles and racial differences.

Desperate times are ahead.

Consider well, and send me a missive, be thee feeling reasonable. otherwise, pray, do continue this... discusion, as you have been.

Brightstar.

------------------
Cold Fire Frozen Spirit
IcePhoenix.

Thanuk group-says 'btw u all get to tell everyone u popped my cherry now:)'
Zanvazez
Sojourner

Postby Zanvazez » Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:24 pm

Nilan, my brothers speak highly of you.
I do not presume to speak for them nor do i presume to understand you but, from what i can see, we are similar in the way that we both do what our hearts tell us to.
I do not condone the path you have taken nor do I oppose it for it is not my place to do so.
From what i've heard, you honour your word. If you need my blade, do not hesitate to call upon it.

Vel'drav nindel klew'ar raq'te, ol zhal tlu ninta draeval ulu el.
(When that moment arrives, it shall be their time to die.)

------------------
Zanvazez Ark'Henneld

Return to “Stories”