Old unfinished story.

Share your original RP stories here.
Vilix
Sojourner

Old unfinished story.

Postby Vilix » Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:41 pm

Ok, so I suck at writing, but here's this little tidbit.

----

A merchant from Amn nervously slid his hands over each other as his eyes darted around his surroundings. Clearing his throat, he said, "ahem, well you see. I.. er.. we...."

As the fist of the swordsman behind him slammed into the table he was sitting at and growled. "You had better gotten the item I requested or I shall be refunding the gold I advanced you with your hide."

The merchant quivered slightly and dared to glance up at the swordsman. He wore a fine mesh chain mail shirt, what appeared to be studded leggings, and some black boots made of some sort of scale, as well as a sword clasped at a belt loop seemed to be of the darkest black, and absorbed the light around it, distorting images.

The merchant had an involuntary shiver and continued "No, no, no. Do not misunderstand me.. We have the item, truly! But, we ran into a slight problem... You see, we were...robbed..It was a band of thieves! There were hund-.." He never saw the fist that slammed into his temple as he fell limply over onto the table.

"Hundreds?” He laughed. “Tymora save me. With such incompetence, How will anything ever get done as planned" The man growled and walked off out of the tavern.

Idly walking through the bazaar in Waterdeep, Vilix took a deep breath and smiled at what was around him. Having come from Westgate and being an ex-member of the ever-infamous Night Masks(Which wasn’t by choice) he had to grin. MY how things change! Just two tendays ago he was on the run from the city watch in Luksan, he had barely managed to escape the carnival with his life. It wasn’t his fault the mages spell book had ended up in his possession, was it?

He shrugged the thought off and asent-mindedly checked the leather strings on his wrist sheaths. Such a handy invention these were. While in Westgate he sought the temple to Gond where he inquired about an item he wished to be made. It was a simple enough task, it was a leather sheath which wrapped around the under side of each
of his wrists, each sheath concealed a very sharp dagger, which at the flick of his wrist would come out of the sheath and into his waiting hands. The only real downside he had noticed was after a few amount of uses the daggers more often than not caused too much damage for the sheath to be usable. He wasn’t worried, for he had packed extras. Eyeing shops as he walked down the road he heard some commotion coming from the outskirts of the bazaar and began to walk towards it.

After all he was never one to pass up a bit of excitement. Smiling a bit to smug he started over, then before he had a chance to react a halfling walked out of the crowd
grumbling all the way. Something was very peculiar about this halfling. On his back he had a sword that had to be three sizes to big for the little creature to use.

Chuckling he kept on his way not noticing the glare the halfling gave him at his obvious laughter and that sent the halfling in a roar of rage and proceeded to rush Vilix as he jumped, he slammed his head into Vilix's abdomen which sprawled him backwards. Dazed Vilix shook his head slightly, looking at the impudent halfling who was muttering to himself about Humans with heads two sizes to big to hold such a small brain and continued to walk off.

Looking dazed, Vilix clambered to his feet and kept on his path to where the noise had come from. He noticed a group of watch guards standing over a small lithe form of what appeared to be a little girl. “Ha! Thieves. What do you think Barsk? Should we take her hands?” Grinned the guard as he commented to his friend. “Naw, I think we should take ‘er to the jail, and let her sit there for the next tenday!”

Laughter erupted from the three guards surrounding her. Vilix stood behind one of the guards and stood up on his tiptoe’s peering over the guards shoulder looking on the girl. He figured she was around eight, and dressed in rags. On the ground was a loaf of bread, apparently the item she had taken.

Tapping the guard on the shoulder as he stepped back he placed his hands behind him, checking the hilts of two concealed daggers in his belt and smiling broadly at the very angry guard he had just bothered. “Excuse me kind sir. Might I ask what this young lass has done to deserve such treatment?” He questioned the closest guard.

Eyeing the man he had never seen in this part of the city before suspiciously before he spoke, “This ‘lass’ was caught stealing food from a merchant! She will be punished for that” He glared at the man as he finished.

“Well” Vilix began, “If that is her crime if I pay for the item will the matter be forgotten? She hardly deserves such a harsh penalty for such a trifle of a crime” He glanced at the little girl and winked, as she tried to smile at him.

Growling the guard shot the girl a look that sobered her sufficiently. “You see, me and me men here are going to enjoy this, so I’m afraid we cant let you do that stranger. Barsk!” He yelled. “Yes sir?” A thinner man said from behind him. “Hold the girl, and extend her hands so we can remove her problem for her!”

Grabbing one of the daggers in his belt he coiled his arm and flung it out, blade spun end over end as it sunk hilt deep in the earth before the guards’ foot. Not waiting for any reaction, Vilix burst into motion dropping to the ground and kicking one of the stunned guard’s feet out from under him causing him to tumble to the ground. Rising back up he drew his remaining dagger and in the blink of an eye pressed it against the commanders throat and whispered into his ear, “You will let the child go, she meant no harm, and none shall be given to her” Tilting his head to look over the commanders shoulder to look at the girl he said “Go.”

Without hesitation the girl picked up her bread, then surprising Barsk punched the unexpecting guard in the groin and shot off like a dart. The commander snarled at Vilix as he took his dagger away from his throat and plucked the other out of the ground before him. Giving the guard a wink and a sly smile then proceeded to take off running the other way. He was never one to miss excitement…even if he had to make it himself.

[This message has been edited by Vilix (edited 09-18-2002).]
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:59 am

Very well done... but why does it seem awfully familiar for some reason?

Return to “Stories”