Dranix ... Abbil d'natha Ilythiiri

Share your original RP stories here.
Nilan
Sojourner

Dranix ... Abbil d\'natha Ilythiiri

Postby Nilan » Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:16 am

Nilan casually strode through the murky streets of Zhentil Keep, his keen drow senses ever alert. His eyes darted in and out of the shadows surrounding him as slender ebon fingers fell over two deadly blades at his waist. Nilan saw no benefit in hiding his heritage and quickly tossed back the hood of his black cloak. Stark white hair and a visage as black as night, clearly defined who and what he was. Those that saw the drow approaching quickly gave him a wide berth, lowering their gaze allowing the deadly adversary to pass. Nilan snickered and an amusing smile crept over his dark face. He reveled in the fear his race brought to these pathetic surface fools.

“Yibin shinduago rothen” , the drow assassin spat in disgust and continued toward the darker alleys that housed the foul city’s sewers.

A sconce set high upon a dilapidated building marked the entrance Nilan had been looking for. The gold he had paid the goblin rogue for directions to the sewers entrance appeared to have been worth it. The drow only hoped it was as unguarded as the rogue had assured it would be. Scanning the area to be sure he was not followed, Nilan cautiously approached the street entrance. He paused briefly, recalling the reasons why he had come…”Vengeance”…. The word rolled off his tongue easily, for this was a reason the drow assassin knew all to well. He felt a surge of excitement flow through his veins as his fingers closed tightly around his dagger’s hilt pulling it from it’s sheathe.

“Evermeet,” he groaned coldly, “mith darthirii vlos pholor l'velve d'ussta keeshe”.

The sound of approaching footsteps tore Nilan from his dark thoughts and he quickly entered the darkened alley, blending into the shadows of a near by wall. Peering into the darkness, the assassin saw nothing. Nilan waited for what seemed like an eternity before emerging from his hiding place.

“Dranix”, he whispered under his breath, “this is your vengeance I seek, for the one you loved. The giant known as Ghind shall feel the bite of your blade…not mine.”

Nilan thought long and hard of the druid whose name he had just uttered. A half-elf that he had dared to call, “Abbil….” A half-elf who would be waiting for him and the information he gathered, in a tent just below the druid’s grove. Pulling the other dagger from it’s sheathe, Nilan ran down the darkened alley, his graceful step not making a sound.

A thick layer of fog marked the entrance to the murky sewer. If the goblin’s information was correct, Ghind’s network lay within the slime filled caverns. Pulling back the grate, Nilan clasped a hand over his House Insignia clasp upon his cloak. Closing his eyes, the assassin invoked the words and felt himself float lightly off his feet. Slowly and cautiously, Nilan gently descended into the depths of Ghind’s lair. When he reached the damp stone floor, Nilan briefly scanned the area. Nothing moved, and Nilan strained to make out even the slightest sound. He shuddered involuntarily when he realized his beating heart was the only thing he heard within these dank dark walls. Shaking the cold feeling off, the assassin proceeded warily through the twists and turns that were Zhentil Keep’s sewers.

The pathway was virtually unguarded as the goblin rogue had predicted. Nilan was unsure how long he had traveled and was beginning to think the foolish rogue had tricked him when he heard the cry of pain coming from somewhere up ahead. Nilan triggered the catch on the hilt of his stiletto allowing thick green poison to fill the center groove of the deadly blade. As quick as a cat, the drow ran off in the direction of the cries. Nilan rounded the corner and spotted wooden boards thrown in a heap up against an algae covered wall. Light filtered through the cracks in the wood and Nilan could make out several guttural voices within. The assassin crept closer placing his back against the wooden boards and turning his head so as to peer within the lighted room.

A goblin dangled helplessly in the grasp of a huge giant-like creature. The pitiful thing squealed with terror.

“Ghind, I beg you, the drow, he …he forced me to tell him..i…”

Nilan gazed into the room at the mention of the giant’s name, and recognized the pathetic goblin as the rogue who had sold him the directions to this foul place.

“Drow!!!,” the giant Ghind roared in anger.

He motioned for two of his guards and said something in a language Nilan did not understand. Nilan edged closer to the hole in the wooden board daring to get a closer look at this Ghind that Dranix so desired to eliminate.

The goblin squealed suddenly and Nilan’s eyes grew wide with horror. Ghind, or whatever he was, roared maniacally and began to transform. Nilan shuddered as he heard bones crack and saw leathery wings pierce through the back of the huge giant. Great horns sprouted from what was once the giant’s forehead. A gaping maw lined with rows of teeth and gums that dripped acid suddenly closed over the goblin’s skull silencing it forever.

“A demon”, the words pierced Nilan’s addled mind drawing him from the shock he had just witnessed. The sound of footsteps followed by the beat of wings filled the corridor. Nilan staggered backwards scampering towards the exit. The drow assassin realized that this was indeed an opponent that he could not fight alone and hope to win. All that mattered was that he bring the information to Dranix, before it was too late.

Nilan ran down the slimy alley. Twice he lost his footing on the algae covered stone floor. The sounds of his pursuers grew faint, as the drow put some distance between them. Nilan saw the fog ahead of him and recognized it as the entrance to the surface alleyway. Breaking into a dead run he rounded the final turn to freedom… straight into the waiting arms of a lesser pit fiend…

The fiend sent an acid dripping claw raking down upon the lithe drow. Nilan barely managed to dodge the fatal blow, his run had placed him off balance with little time to react. The claw shredded through the assassin’s cloak piercing dark flesh beneath it. Nilan groaned in agony as the demon’s claw tore into the back of his shoulder, acid burned his skin and ran down his back. Nilan reeled from the vicious blow but maintained his footing and more importantly his run towards the exit. Grimacing, he sent a barrage of daggers in the direction of his target. The small blades did nothing to slow the advancing fiend, and Nilan staggered toward the stairs leading upwards toward the open grate. The fiend roared and advanced on the wounded elf. Nilan parried the attack, his dagger piercing the demon’s forearm. Acid sprayed from the wound bathing the assassin’s dagger and glove in burning agony. Nilan screamed dropping the blade and clutching his blistering hand. Scampering up the stairs, Nilan uttered arcane words that plunged the entire area in total darkness. He didn’t stop running until he exited the eastern gates of Zhentil Keep.

Sweated beaded on his forehead and Nilan winced visibly by the time he approached the druid’s grove near Waterdeep. Nilan cradled his wounded hand and his shoulder hung limply at his side. The drow saw the tent up ahead and staggered toward the candle light within. Pain clouded his vision.

“Dranix…” he called hoarsely. “Deshan…”, he fell to his knees and groaned loudly.

The flap of the tent opened, and he heard Deshana gasp. Looking up he saw Dranix running towards him. He tried to stand but only managed to stagger into the arms of his friend.

“Abbil….Ghind ….demons….”

Darkness surrounded him…..
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:18 am

Enjoy,

Just something I thought up to aid you Dranix. Seems like we have quite the adventure ahead of us.

Until we meet again, Dranix and Deshana, stay safe

Nilan
Deshana
Sojourner

Postby Deshana » Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:43 am

I most certainly did enjoy it. Excellent writing, at this rate The Formian Chronicals are gonna be one excellent saga. *g* you just KNOW Drans gonna blame himself for you getting hurt my A'keeran.. we'll have to talk sense into him.

Deshana, Druid of Eiliastrae
Lazus
Sojourner

Postby Lazus » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:54 pm

Very nice story Nilan. I absolutely cannot wait to see where this story winds up. It'll be interesting to see its progression, and possibly new allies to join the fray. *grin*

Lazus Al'Medin
Cleric of Lathander, the MorningLord

------------------
You are now a member of Mori's Funky Chickens
You shout 'Help! Moritheil is trying to kill me at A Wide Dirt Road!'
Shevarash shouts 'What else is new?'
Zanvazez
Sojourner

Postby Zanvazez » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:31 pm

once again. you rock. love your storytelling and... of course, like eeryone else... i want to read more... sigh.
stop doing this to us!!

------------------
Zanvazez Ark'Henneld
Qu'ellar Ark'Henneld Velg'larn
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:06 am

!kifle = !the best.

You all will learn one day, the key to a bestseller/classic is to add at least one valliant/sneaky deed that kifle pulls off effortlessly.

all joking aside, lovely story Nilan, you always keep me wanting more Image...err...of your stories that is.

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:48 pm

Very nice story Kyrend. Indeed you coming upon me as I made my way back to the tent was a blessing. I had no idea I was followed, and too hurt for any kind of a fight.

Thank you, old friend

Nilan
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:38 am

*snicker*

Of, course you werent there to protect me , human. This I know already.

I thank you, none the less. Your motives are your own of course.

And, so are mine.....

Nilan

ShadowStalker - Drow Assassin
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:49 am

Once again, the lack of kifle makes this story only mediocre...

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'

Return to “Stories”