Hunger

Share your original RP stories here.
Wuva
Sojourner

Hunger

Postby Wuva » Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:24 pm

This is my first story so bare with me Image

The every shifting weather always seems to be a factor in my travels. Today the snow lightly covered the surface of this world I wander upon. The wind blows in rhythms of deep chills, the armor and leathers upon my flesh don’t stand a chance of keeping my flesh sealed in warmth. I am lucky that my senses allow me to feel its shift and approach, as I duck behind large trees along my walks. My hair ruffles and beats my face as the wind sneaks around tickling my flesh as I sit braced and bundled, the feather that hangs on the braid of my red hair has to be held steadily in my shaking hands to keep it from becoming a sharded blade from the wet winds that blow. As the winds subsided, I feel the warmth burn deep within taking control of what was just taken, the sting is annoying, but gratifying. Hmmm where does this path lead me today? A question I’ve asked myself many times before. Will I be lucky to stumble upon a fight, the twinkle and grin upon my face shows how much pleasure this would bring to me. I look down upon my favorite sword, oh she’s a beauty; the colors of the spectra surely amaze me as I slowly move the blade side to side, almost hypnotized into her powers, I glance back and recall all the times in battle that she was driven deep into the pry and her magical process sucked the life from their souls. The visions of flames race upon my brain, as I look upon my flaming valk. I clinch tightly at my shield, and recall the number of times I have brought it down upon the hideous head of victims, one after another, bashing them to their knees to accept the death that awaited them. The power of the feel of control, I take a deep breath of the cold air and pause to listen. Silence. The only thing that seems to bother me deep in the woods seem to be giants, muttering thinking of the beasts, hideous creatures so large that even my shield cannot reach. Feeling the heat rise from deep inside me as I think of these beasts has me sweating so quickly, my heart races, as I take deeper longer steps, deep in thought of how
to make my attack stronger, faster to over power the beasts. Knowing that my strongest defense would be to get the first blow. A twig snaps, quickly I turn gripping the pommel of prized valk, peering around in the whiteness. Another snap, then silence. My emotions driven knowing I couldbe the victim, to take defense. Gripping and positioning my sword and shield I sit frozen, even as I hear the winds approaching. Don’t duck away or move I tell myself, knowing that if I turn my
back and do so, it could mean an instant death. The winds howl grows louder, and I start to feel the warmth being sucked from my flesh; suddenly I see a sight of movement, then its gone. Searching again, nothing, moving slowly backing up to the large cypress tree I stand, never looking away, waiting. The moments of time seems like days, the wind chill calms, and I haven’t heard a sound in a long while. Could it be I’m seeing things? Scolding under my breath, and hearing also. Shaking my leathers off, I stand and take one last look around. Taking a few steps away from the large tree and listening again, silence once again. Shaking off what it could be, I continued along the path. Walking many steps, embracing the wilderness around me, the beauty of the white blanket the gods have laid down, and scolding such beauty for making it harder to find food that I needed. My stomach growls loudly, as I bring my hand to it, whispering *soon* I feel the rumble increase then subside. Snap! Freezing once again in my walk, I feel the grip of my sword tighten as I peer around. Nothing is seen from my eyes. The noise moves to behind me, growing closer. Frozen in time, I stand ready to kill. The excitement and fear race through my veins, with each approaching snap of twigs and leaves. Hmmm hearing the breaths of the creature now behind me, trying to sort out the sounds. I slowly turn my head to see nothing in my sight. Now hearing it almost beneath me, draw my focus downward and peer into the eyes of the beast. Raising my shield high and bringing it down hard upon its skull. The beast looks into my eyes, bewildered and dazed as I bring down my sword and make a path to its very heart. The beast goes lifeless and falls upon the
snow, the white of the blanket soaks up the red blood as it seeps from it. I cackle and
thank my gods for delivering such a fine beast to me. Grabbing the horns and pulling the goat to the nearest tree I begin to lace it up to be cleaned. Mmmmmmm the meat is warm and satisfies the calls of my hunger. I feel the need for rest soon, grabbing the fleshy slabs of meat, placing them into my pack, as I continue on my walk looking for shelter. I recall a small cave lies ahead , before I approach it, I realize I left my rope still bound to the horns of the goat, reversing my path back to the remains, I suddenly see a dwarf sobbing, a warrior, hidden I watch as he grumbles louder and sobs. The winds carry the sounds of his voice to me as I hear "My beloved goat, who could of killed my beloved goat" Looking down upon my pack,
gasping softly, a warrior who has compassion for a goat, shaking my thoughts from my head I watch and listen even more as the words of hurt turn to bitter revenge. He grabs the horns and unties the rope I had left bounding them into the tree, I watch as he studies the rope, and see him growl into the winds, as he screams out my name...

Wuvvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

------------------
Wuva *Wildchild* EagleBlade

[This message has been edited by Wuva (edited 10-09-2002).]
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:14 pm

Uh oh...a dwarven warrior that loves goats? You mean Gormal has competetion?
IS NO GOAT SAFE IN THIS WORLD???!!!

Kallinar....it does a body good.

Return to “Stories”