The Black Tyrant: Part One

Share your original RP stories here.
Quinelain Dembrovia
Sojourner

The Black Tyrant: Part One

Postby Quinelain Dembrovia » Sat Nov 23, 2002 9:31 am

As the lanky man withdrew his blackened steel blade from the chest of the young man, he made sure to utilize the mans robes as a means to remove the blood from the sword.

"And that, young man, is my answer to that." admonished Quinelain while booting the corpse of the man off of his Calimshite rug to keep any blood from coagulating there.

The man had been the most recent tithe collector from the King. His problem was that he failed to show proper respect to the Baron of Dembrovia. His only mistake was that he looked the 23rd heir to the Barony of Dembrovia directly in the eyes and talked to him in an even manner. Big mistake.

The Baron made his way to his large polished mahagony desk and briefly touched a pearl white orb there and began speaking to it.
"Please send someone to remove the King's man from my chambers, and make ready the shipment of grain."
He removed his fingers from the orb and circled the desk to take a seat. Quinelain began pouring over the scrolls sent to him by his collectors. The harvest had not been a good one this year. Hell, the harvest's in the past four years had been sorely lacking and his pockets were not as fat as they were when he murdured his father. The only thing he could think about was how to punish the serfs for their poor maintenance of his lands and crops. Didn't they realize that those crops are the reason they have their homes? Had the measures he had taken not been enough?
"Perhaps", he thought to himself "my efforts to weakan their wills have not been enough. Perhaps I should make a few more examples."
He set the paperwork aside and grabbed a tumbler and filled it half full with brandy. He quickly belted back the warm liquor and prepared his quill and a scroll for the King:

Your Magesty
My humble apologies for your servants untimely demise. From what I am told, he was found dead in an alley here in Dembrovia about fifty paces from a rather squalid tavern in the pesant sector. I was told that he was rather full of drink and apparently made some off-color comments about another man. The other man has been apprehended and confined to the stocks for a tenday's time until judement is issued unto him. If you so desire I can have this man put to death, but if you will allow me to carry out sentence on the man, i will be sure to make him very miserable and wish for a quick death instead of the labor I have in mind.

Your most obsequious servant,
Baron Quinelain XXIII of Dembrovia

After writing the message he rolled it up, and stamped a gob of green sealing wax on its seam with the stylized Q stamp of his heridetary office. Shortly after finishing this task, there came a short knock on his chamber door and a boy entered to remove the corpse.
"Be sure to box the Kings man up and send him and this letter with the tithe" said the Lord of Dembrovia as he watched the young servant vork with a canvas sack and the corpse.
"Y-y-yes m'lord" stammered the young man as he plainly stared at the floor in front of Quinelains feet as he was speaking. The boy looked to be no more than possibly fifteen, and he contained surprising strength for one of so small a frame.
"I will have to keep my eye on that one" thought Quinelain to himself.

After the boy and the corpse were gone, Quinelain walked across his office chambers to the altar situated on the wall oppsite the chamber doorway and knelt in front of it. The altar was a masterpiece of craftsmanship. It was carved of black marble and inlaid with stylized gold runes. The runes contained protective healing magics that served many of the Dembrovia line for centuries. The blood of the first Lord of Dembrovia had been used in the magics contained in the runes so only one of the line of Dembrovia would be affected by the altars healing properties. The altar was approximately 1.8 meters wide and 1.2 meters tall. A plush green cloth lay across the altar and hung off the front and back. The cloth was dark black but the fringes were adorned with lace of the same color green as the sealing wax he used on the King's letter. In the direct center of the altar and the cloth were a pair of green eyes. This was the banner of Iyachtu Xvim.

"Great hateful one, give me your guidance" intoned the Lord of Dembrovia as he placed his hands on the altar and felt the wounds in his hands heal slightly with a warm, itchy feeling.
Quinelain had been doing this much in the past few years due to the unhealthy state of his treasury and generally poor quality of life within the Barony. He had not recieved any direct answer from the Lord of Tyranny in the five years he had been Baron. His last communication with his diety was the thing that made him the man he is today.

To be continued....

------------------
--------------------------
<B>Sir Quinelain Dembrovia
Servant of Iyachtu
Hater of all things Good.</B>

[This message has been edited by Quinelain Dembrovia (edited 11-23-2002).]
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:11 am

"Great hateful one, give me your guidance" intoned the Lord of Dembrovia as he placed his hands on the altar and felt the wounds in his hands heal slightly with a warm, itchy feeling.

The fact that I am a worshiper of Iyachtu has no bearing on the healing magics of the altar just FYI. as I will later unfold in my story, the origional religion of my family line was Helm, and later in history Oghma, until finally the corruption of the kingdom spread to my faimly. The itchy comment was ment in no way to be a pun. Image

I would appreciate any feedback from you folks tho considering that this is my first try at composing something of this sort.

Thanks Image

Kal

Return to “Stories”