Naked Dragons

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Naked Dragons

Postby Hyldryn » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:07 pm

I was thinking how dragons are kinda naked in the mud. Even thought, we've got a spell named after their supposedly great outer covering. However, all these years we've been fighting against naked dragons who sometimes carry a single scale hidden somewhere in their folds of naked skin!

So, I was thinking dragons should get perma dragonscale. Game mechanics wise, some may think this would be a super melee nerf. But, I think most of the high level hitters would be able to hit past the dscale damage threshold with relatively little trouble. Besides, dragons need an couple upgrades anyway.

That ain't no pink dragon! Just an embarassed naked white one!
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:27 pm

lol assuming dscale block limit is 75hps (which I think may be even low), you're not going to see many people hit through that except on a crit.
Hell even stone is like 50hps, and that would make most useless :P
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:52 pm

I think scales is around the 40 range
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:05 pm

I don't know, but I'd be amazed if it is that low, because high level mobs would always hit through it.
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:56 am

It can vary a lot... I don't have any stats compiled or examples logged (that I know of), but scales may stop hits that would be expected to land up around 100, and it may let through hits as low as 30. With as many hits as a group of well-equipped melee classes would expect to get, I'd bet a reasonable fraction could get through.

That being said, render is pretty hardy with his feeble perm stone, but I think this idea is pretty cool, and quite appropriate. In exchange though I would like to see dragon actions not be executed -every- round. Say, for the first half of the fight, they perform on average 1 breath/sweep/buffet every 4 rounds (casting not included).. then when they start seeing trouble could be near, they become a bit more frenzied.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”