Mounts riding etc

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Pril
Sojourner

Mounts riding etc

Postby Pril » Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:54 pm

Seeing as Paladins are relatively usleess without horses i think they should be able to ride horses everywhere since they are "mounted experts"

Pril
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:43 pm

How about having the mud determine if you can ride or not based on the height of the room instead of simply checking to see if it's indoors or outdoors. A giant can walk where a knight cannot ride atm.

On a related note, can mounts be made to use the players saving rolls whenever they are being ridden, instead of checking for a seperate save. Essentially treating the player and the mount as one unit when ridden would eliminate a lot of silly situations where the mounts get roared out or blown away etc and the rider does not.

-Zen
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:41 am

Wow. That roaring as a unit is a sticky issue. I can see that it should be done for the sake of simplicity/nonannoyingness.

On the other hand, it's entirely possible that the rider is not scared but the mount is, or vice versa (n00b with warhorse). But what should happen when that happens? Perhaps a horsemanship check could be made that would result in paladins retaining their mounts most of the time (when at master level)?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:52 am

In the pen an paper version the mount and the rider share saves and immunities. For purposes of simplification I would suggest making the mount use the riders save when it's being ridden. If the Knight saves against fear or spell, so does the horse IF he is on it.

-Llan

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”