elite without the ego

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Turxx
Sojourner

elite without the ego

Postby Turxx » Sat Oct 13, 2001 1:20 am

i would just like to take this opportunity to say something ive been thinking about saying for quite some time now, props to Nilan, not only one of the badest bad asses in the game, but one of the coolest, so many of the "elite" players, the ones who do know the game better than the rest of us, the ones who are without question better players, have the ego to boot, impatient, intolarant, somehow expecting either you know this without having done it befor, or just deciding they been around too long, they are too skilled to waste their time with the commoners, im not saying im mad at those who play this way, i would just like to dedicate this post to the most humble elite i know, you may be the best but you still treat others as equals, even tho we are not, cheers Nilan, this ones for you.

you are still the only person Turxx has bowed to and as near as i can see into the future you will always be

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 10-12-2001).]
Uggard
Sojourner

Postby Uggard » Sat Oct 13, 2001 2:21 am

Nilan is a pretty good guy and knows the game just as well as some of the older players. Now me personally I havent played soj3 in about 4 months because of the inflated egos out there. Me miss playing, but me dont miss dem highbie attitudes (also dont miss goodies playing evils to gimp EQ, but thats a different story :-) )
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Oct 18, 2001 3:11 am

Nilan is, and has been, l33+ in ways that I shall not achieve. His going evil made me pause and think about doing so myself. (well, added to the likes of Knet, Nerz, etc already being evil)
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Thu Oct 18, 2001 4:41 am

I love RPing with Nilan. He's the best. No one but he will randomly start bantering with my ranger outta the blue. Its damn fun. He wins the RP award on the evils side.

Ya know who I like on the goodie side? nOkIe! No one beats his RPing and great attitude. Two thumbs up both of ya!

Izzy / Raev

[This message has been edited by izarek (edited 10-18-2001).]
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Thu Oct 18, 2001 4:45 am

Aw thanks guys, I was just reading boards and came upon this thread. You guys are real nice to say those things, but ya guys are the best bunch of pals i got you deserve the credit *smile*

*ruffle turxx*

Thanks all you guys that are making this game alot of fun for me to play this wipe Image

Nilan
Somerled
Sojourner

Postby Somerled » Thu Oct 18, 2001 5:03 am

AMEN to that Turxx, Nilan is in every sense of the word a true Elite player, considerate, obviously very experienced, and ..... most importantly, he has a somewhat rare quality on the mud .. MATURITY. Nilan clearly takes the mud for what is is .. a game .. not a life ... a game.

Best Regards

Somerled
Faerlien
Sojourner

Postby Faerlien » Sat Oct 20, 2001 6:35 am

Just wanted to add Lilithelle on to the 'elite without the ego'.

Right now I'm in that mid 20 rut. That's the spot where you finally feel like your making your way up, and then stop levelin. *sigh* It really helps to be recognized by a level 50. Someone who ask how you are doing, and actually seems sincere. Lilithelle is one of those people that gets us newbies to keep playing, building our playerbase.

Besides just being friendly I also frequently see him on EM, helping out us elves by giving barks away to anyone he comes across, along with small equipment. Seems most elves get 20, and never come back to help their smaller brothers.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know you are appreciated. Wish more were like ya.

Faerlien
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Sun Oct 21, 2001 5:17 am

yall know who else is cool like nilan and them. Wobb hes always been more than kind and sociable twards me, ive never met anyone who thought he treated them unfairly. Wich i cant say about most mudders including myself. OHHH yeah and i couldnt say this without adding Ossis in. Ossis IMHO is the single coolest mudder ive ever met. hehe Narsliss is up there too. dang id better go before my list takes up a few pages there are just so many of you guys.
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Sun Oct 28, 2001 7:04 am

Nilan is dearly loved. Image

He rocks.

And also, Lilithelle! She rocks also!

(Funny, two great people. Two different ends of the rainbow. Huh. Image )

Elisten <Insert Last Name Here>
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Oct 30, 2001 9:06 am

If you are going to start a thread like this, then I should speak about 3 people who I rarely see anymore, but who all were uber elite in this sort of way back in the day.

Liran, Xyd and Bailen. Always helpful, intuitive, sensitive, patient, fun and a great person to ask for help with many different aspects both in game and out.
I never felt as if I was bothering them when asking them something, and never felt as if they didn't have time to help me.

I appreciate all the help they offer'd to me, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Twyl/Celinon who was later Finlaria/Tasan/Tkik/Shemerilith

Elves unite.
Ssarra
Sojourner

Postby Ssarra » Tue Oct 30, 2001 1:22 pm

Ya know, I've been playing here since 1995, and I've never made it past level 36, but I do keep my eyes open, and have noticed cool things about nearly everyone mentioned here. One more I'd like to add to the list is Styxar. I'm not sure if he's still around, because life has temporarily dragged me away from my journeys, but he was always willing to give me a hand with just about anything. On top of that, he was just a good friend all around. You're the ones that make this game an excellent social experience and a lot of fun.

Oh, can't forget the gods here, without them there would be no Sojourn.

Kudos to you all, you do a fine job!

Ssarra/Cordan/Galkar/Iltavera
Owner of 10,000 low level chars
Cerlayne
Sojourner

Postby Cerlayne » Tue Oct 30, 2001 9:39 pm

Bailen is playing again... and i have to agree that bai is a great guy... was an honor to be not only be friends with him but cofounders of our guild... bai you rock!!!

Cerlayne 'SwordDancer' L'ytria
Vylare
Sojourner

Postby Vylare » Thu Nov 01, 2001 2:30 am

Well, there's Fura, who spends countless hours at 3w pressing people's corpses, in many cases those of people she doesn't even know.
There's Rylan, who spends many hours ressing people.
There are a lot of others too Image More than I can even mention Image
Nikelon
Sojourner

Postby Nikelon » Thu Nov 01, 2001 4:44 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vylare:
Well, there's Fura, who spends countless hours at 3w pressing people's corpses, in many cases those of people she doesn't even know.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, I have to say thanks to Fura as well. She has been there for me always even though I can't mud 24/7. It's definately the genuine kindness and friendship of people like Fura, Zala, and Zazure that keeps me hooked and coming back for more. Image

-Nikelon
Frensolith
Sojourner

Postby Frensolith » Sun Nov 04, 2001 9:42 am

Nilan... He has a HUGE ego!

Scum thinks he can kill our queen! Feh!

Frensolith, Elven Warrior!
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Mon Nov 05, 2001 8:53 am

ROFL Frensolith Image

I dont think I can, I know I can *wink*
Guess you walked in on our lil attempt in the making last week, perhaps.

Serve your Queen well, elf....Kingdoms fall, and royalty has a very nasty habbit of getting assassinated *grin*

See you soon,

Nilan *bow*
Aderon
Sojourner

Postby Aderon » Mon Nov 05, 2001 10:56 am

I saw this thread and just HAD to post...
Since Nilan is one of my dearest friends on this mud, I am glad that other people have had the pleasure of his company. If you have not spent time with him in the past then now. Also, if you have not met him yet, you should.

Aderon

P.S. I can think of several others who should get this l33t without the attitude title but this thread is about Nilan Image
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Sun Nov 11, 2001 12:36 am

Well one must reply here sice it's my buddy Nilan your all talking about.

Nilan and I been good mates for amny many years, we almost never talk about mud things, the usual hi, what ya doing every so often (I dont who evils much). But mostly we tak about real life, thing that affect us and what has been happenig in our lives. Nilan is one of those great peolpe that you dont have to group with to be his friend, there are way way way too many arrigant assholes on this mud that cant even reply to you or acknowledge you even tho you have zoned with them or talk to them any other day.... It's guys like Nilan that keep my faith in this place, friends can be friends no matter what side they on or even if they mud together at all. I'd rather have a great mate like Nilan then all the elite wankers that might be able to get me some spanky item but are too arrigant and selfish and have their heads too far up their own ass to see there are others in this mudding world, you dont have to play with us but if you can't even acknowledge someone that makes the effort to say hello or bow then well you nothing more then a selfish ignorant asshole :P

If you can't reply to a lvl 1 that askes you the way to the fountain or to a lvl 50 that askes you if it's raining in your part of the world then the odds are I think your a prick, and so does the rest of the mud, save for a small small handful of people that tolerate your arrigance.

Stay cool Nilan and all you other good people with heart and soul.

Jasix "Defender of the Meek" Prowlingwolf

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”