Summon Familiar (or Magical Companion)

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Caedym
Sojourner

Summon Familiar (or Magical Companion)

Postby Caedym » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:22 pm

If you could summon a familiar for one of your characters, what would you summon and for who? What kind of powers would you want it to have and also what kind of powers do you think it could be given in order to not be unbalancing?

For example:
Would a paladin like to have a Ki-rin that has the same stats as their current mount but with permanent fly and a form of magic resistance?
Would a Lich like to have a Nightmare mount that is little more then a permanent flying Wight they could mount?

Would you want to have such a minor rentable pet that could die and never come back unless you requested another, because it wasn’t based on an item you had but on your character completing a quest?

Questions. Questions. Questions.

-Caedym Shadowhock
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:10 pm

As a duergar cleric I would summon an Avatar of Laduguer. Because Laduguer loves me.

Laduguer also loves you.

Stats could be that of the normal Laduguer, but then also fly like the Ki-ren. Why should clerics have less than paladins.

------------------------
As a troll warrior I would summon a 2nd head as familiar. Thus becomming an ettin, then I would also have someone to talk to and many more head + earring slots to wear eq on.

Disoputlip + Puh
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:48 pm

I would summon Kobe Tai and find a saddle that let me stay mounted around the clock
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:33 pm

I think this has been discussed before, in many forms (yes Daz, we hear you) but never really resolved. So it's fair that you brought it up :)

Let there be discussion!

(Personally, I think treants are cool. I think necros could use some heftier casting pets, and an earlier immaterial warrior pet, but everyone screams bloody murder on imbalance whenever this gets suggested.)
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:44 pm

I'm talking about something about as pathetic as a pet you'd buy in a store on the mud beefed up slightly with an RP theme to it based on the individual's class.

Something that is for RP more then anything else. You wouldn't really want to take these things zoning with you for the most part.

And no. Sorry Disopultip, no Barneys for Duergar or Trolls who are off to see the wizard for if only they had a 2nd brain.

-Caedym Shadowhock
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:40 pm

Caedym wrote:.....

And no. Sorry Disopultip, no Barneys for Duergar or Trolls who are off to see the wizard for if only they had a 2nd brain.

-Caedym Shadowhock

Hmm, guess goats that shoot laser is also nono.

Then I would prefer not to have a familiar.

Avatar summoning is else a big thing among evil races. And some trolls do grow a 2nd head.

/Disoputlip
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:11 pm

I'd like a giant fresh water squid that shoots blasts of ink to blind everyone.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:40 pm

8)

As a lich, I'd probably summon up an imp, who could deliver items from me to other players, or bring items from other players back to myself. Anything under 5 lbs, probably.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:09 pm

All I want are some sharks with some frickin lasers on their head!

Seriously, I'd love to have a swarm of squirrels, rats, or spiders as a pet. I always saw Trel as one of the more tactically minded rangers that would send a bunch of vermin to raid the goblinoid camp's food supply a few days before attacking it.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:43 pm

I think I'd like

a cave bear for Ambar
a black panther for Telina
a small horse for Karikhan
an owl for Narra
a cat for Shalia
a ranger for Aerisia (ooo got one .. Thalidyrr)
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:09 am

Treladian wrote:All I want are some sharks with some frickin lasers on their head!

But you're not evil enough. You're the margarine of evil.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”