Alchemist

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Alchemist

Postby Thilindel » Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:09 am

Any chance for this type of class? Perhaps could make potions even.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:40 pm

Suggested previously, many MANY times, and summarily rejected each time.

Reason given was essentially that either the class is too powerful, or if nerfed, it's totally useless. Middle ground would be insanely hard to find.

Hmmm...

Actually, what about making an Alchemist who was like a watered-down enchanter, and had a long quest to make potions?

The kicker is that all potions made would be NORENT. This would help cut down on abuse by a lot, I think. Also, each attempt to brew potions should cost platinum and lag, whether or not it's successful.

Perhaps some spells like stone or haste could have their brew success rate set very low.

This is the only way such a class could work within the existing balance, that I can think of. Still, it doesn't sound any fun to play.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
irta
Sojourner

Postby irta » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:08 am

moritheil wrote:Actually, what about making an Alchemist who was like a watered-down enchanter, and had a long quest to make potions?

This is the only way such a class could work within the existing balance, that I can think of. Still, it doesn't sound any fun to play.

Umm. there too many mage classes as is. Give this alchemist ability to enchanters after doing a hard quest, not by making more mage classes.

the Irta
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:13 am

Yeah, after thinking about it, may actually work against other mages...

This was more of a spontaneous - Oh, I think that'd be cool . only to reconsider later :P
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:04 am

Be a badass class till you tried to drink that 8th potion and were turned into a leedle biatch while exping.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”