Old items

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Kifle
Sojourner

Old items

Postby Kifle » Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:53 pm

Will the old items like rewts belt be now all set to the downgraded version, or is every piece of eq going to stay the way it was and we just get the new items from zones now? If the case will be that my diamondine will go down because downgrades, how will the fairness of the situation of the rewts belt be justified? If you will say that the rewts belt was a single downgrade a long time ago, it still wouldn't matter because I'm sure it would have been downgraded to what it is now, or worse, when the downgrades actually do get put into effect.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:59 pm

If existing gear wasn't going to be changed, there'd be no need of a code patch to make sure the changes apply to everything...
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:33 pm

Does that mean that all rewts belts are going to be downgraded rather than just the new ones if they are even on the list of downgrades...and if they are not on the list, will all the old ones be turned into new ones to go along with the rest of the eq downgrades, or will these still be under pseudo-artifact stature?
Ranor
Sojourner

Postby Ranor » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:44 pm

How will restrings be effected by the changes? If you're going to downgrade the old roots belt to bring it into line with the new one thats fine but you'll have to change these as well. Going to suck if someone wasted a re-string on something that was uber but ends up being junk after the changes.
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:47 am

Both roots belts will be the same again.

If I'm thinking correctly, all restrings will be changed when the object they were strung from changes since they are still the same object.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:53 am

Restrings granted since the destruction of bloodstone will be given the opportunity to be re-chosen for a short time.

For restrings granted prior to that, the same policy will not apply. I'm sorry.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:52 pm

gayed
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:21 pm

will the prior restrings have a chance to be returned to their normal state for use in quests etc..?
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Savras
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Savras » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:41 pm

Gura wrote:will the prior restrings have a chance to be returned to their normal state for use in quests etc..?

Doubt it, its a restring after all, which is purely cosmetic... unless you do a quest that warrants an artifact.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:47 pm

Savras wrote:
Gura wrote:will the prior restrings have a chance to be returned to their normal state for use in quests etc..?

Doubt it, its a restring after all, which is purely cosmetic... unless you do a quest that warrants an artifact.

Where do i sign up for doing a quest that warrants an artifact?
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:12 pm

8)

I don't think you can get artifacts in Sojourn3. At least, I haven't seen anyone with an artifact yet. Has the gods' stance on artifacts changed and they will be available again?
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:16 pm

Yayaril wrote:8)
I don't think you can get artifacts in Sojourn3.

Well then its a good thing this is TorilMUD: A Sojourner's Home.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:26 am

Regardless of the poor excuse for play on words Miax used, there was indeed at least 1 artifact in SJ3.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:40 am

so ur saying ur gonna nerf my eq. then take away the item also if i chose to use it for something else. hrmmm thanks? :x
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:52 am

Salen wrote:Regardless of the poor excuse for play on words Miax used, there was indeed at least 1 artifact in SJ3.

8)

If you're referring to the crown rewarded to Gormal as the artifact, then I laugh heartily. That crown is nothing NEAR an artifact. Unless you are referring to something that I don't know about, then I await to be enlightened as to the artifact that was released into Sojourn3.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:01 am

by definition its an artifact

Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:18 pm

Gura wrote:by definition its an artifact

8)

Actually, by definition, it isn't an artifact. Miax posted about this some time ago and listed off the different categories of items. This item falls under the 'unique' category. Artifacts tend to have 2-3 times the power of the best items out there and this crown fails to weigh in as such. I'm sure if you think back to the times of Toril and Sojourn, you may remember items that were considered 'artifacts'. These items had powers far beyond any other item in the game, not limited to: the ability to blind foes at will, the ability to relocate on command, the ability to create extradimensional rooms on command, the ability to heal everyone in the group with a not too uncommon proc. An item that has 1 hitroll and a few more points of sv spell over the next best item is not comparable to an item that can blind on command with no limitations. So get your terms straight!
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:01 pm

artifacts, uniques, whatever. i want one!
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:44 pm

sorry..not to knock miax or anything but i definitely consider a restring unique. same stats as a normal item but different because of the ansi and name or whatever. an artifact however would be something that has stats that nobody else could obtain and until a crown like that is put in the game well then its an artifact. It doesnt have to have overwhelming power over all other items like the days of old but since its unattainable by everyone in the game...yes its an artifact and i'll redirect you to this website because well frankly todrael can say it better than me.

http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopi ... highlight=

Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:51 pm

So... am I the only one who learned long ago that GOD given items of power greater than the normal is an artifact?

I forgot, I actually played D&D and assumed since he was using it's terminology, it'd be used correctly.

Oh, and a relic... it's nothing more than an artifact that has a religious significance.

When you make something bigger than everything else and hand it to an individual, it's an artifact. You can play symantics all you want, but that's what it is.

Again, I made the mistake of believing a game with everything named for D&D was actually BASED on D&D, my bad.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:25 pm

Gura wrote:sorry..not to knock miax or anything but i definitely consider a restring unique. same stats as a normal item but different because of the ansi and name or whatever. an artifact however would be something that has stats that nobody else could obtain and until a crown like that is put in the game well then its an artifact. It doesnt have to have overwhelming power over all other items like the days of old but since its unattainable by everyone in the game...yes its an artifact and i'll redirect you to this website because well frankly todrael can say it better than me.

Too bad what you 'think' is irrelevent. The gods have explained what artifacts are and this doesn't fall into that category, so give it up.
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:36 pm

If Gormal's crown was an artifact, then how come it wasn't in the bag of fun stuff during any of the chaos times with known artifacts? How come you or other people weren't asking to have that during chaos?

Let it die already.

-Caedym Shadowhock
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:57 pm

Upon meeting with Auril, we have decided to honour all existing restrings for the option to have the original ansi restored and another item they own restrung.

There will be a limited time for this to happen though. For one month after the equipment changes anybody with a restrung object can contact a member of the qsphere. You'll need to have your new item on hand and ready when you do so; we're not going to issue tokens for you to get back to us later.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:59 am

Eilistraee wrote:Upon meeting with Auril, we have decided to honour all existing restrings for the option to have the original ansi restored and another item they own restrung.

There will be a limited time for this to happen though. For one month after the equipment changes anybody with a restrung object can contact a member of the qsphere. You'll need to have your new item on hand and ready when you do so; we're not going to issue tokens for you to get back to us later.

Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:58 pm

so if i have .. say 5 restrings .. now I can have 6 ??? and does this incluse god-run quest days?
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:13 pm

One restring will be exchanged for another. You will receive the old item back, in its original strung state, and you will provide us with the new item to restring plus what you want. There are no bonus restrings from this.

Currently, this will apply to any object that has been restrung and has stats. Badges will not count, nor will any of the !stat pieces of equipment that have started to be won/collected through a couple of more recent rp-quests.

There have been some items created by the sphere recently as the new reward system starts to generate results. These are wands/staves or potions and will also be ineligible to trade in for a different restring.
Ranor
Sojourner

Postby Ranor » Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:45 am

Eilistraee wrote:One restring will be exchanged for another. You will receive the old item back, in its original strung state, and you will provide us with the new item to restring plus what you want. There are no bonus restrings from this.

Currently, this will apply to any object that has been restrung and has stats. Badges will not count, nor will any of the !stat pieces of equipment that have started to be won/collected through a couple of more recent rp-quests.

There have been some items created by the sphere recently as the new reward system starts to generate results. These are wands/staves or potions and will also be ineligible to trade in for a different restring.

Snap, I so wanted to trade in my easter basket.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:46 am

Caedym wrote:If Gormal's crown was an artifact, then how come it wasn't in the bag of fun stuff during any of the chaos times with known artifacts? How come you or other people weren't asking to have that during chaos?

Let it die already.

-Caedym Shadowhock

HAHAHAHA YOU JUST GOT OWNED BY CAEDYM
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:57 am

Please note this policy is not set in stone, and we are still working out some minor details, such as what to do with some of the holiday themed items, such as the easter baskets, paired holly and snowflake rings, and similar. I expect that once the code patch is complete, we'll have a full policy ready.
Jhorr
Sojourner

S3 Arti

Postby Jhorr » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:02 pm

Dornax had an artifact on S3, may Aerlinn R.I.P.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:32 pm

If my crown counts as an artifact then what about the vampire equipment we won on fight night and crap like that? Stats != artifact. There were no artifacts in S3, get over it.
Ebgar
Sojourner

Postby Ebgar » Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:44 pm

Kor had an earring that was an artifact. Or whatever Miax's mortal was named.

i pwned this thread.

3nj0y
Dhurn
Sojourner

Yeah, sure there werent any artifacts in Soj3

Postby Dhurn » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:31 am

Hrmm, I just loved it when after we had a not so successful Avernus run and Kor got ressed.....then Kor's axe was laying on the ground....so I picked it up and IDed it.

Here was the results :

<> rec scroll axe
You recite a vellum scroll which turns to dust in your hands.
You feel informed:
Object 'battleaxe ancient double bladed kor axe', Item type: WEAPON
Item will give you following abilities: PR-EVIL INFRA DET-EVIL
Item is: MAGIC NODROP BLESS ANTI-EVIL FLOAT NOBURN NOCHARM NO-CLERIC NO-THIEF NO
-MAGE NOBITS
Weight: 1, Value: 0
Damage Dice is '4D4'
Sex Allowed: All
Classes Allowed: All
Races Allowed: All
Combat Bonuses: +4 To Hit, +3 Damage
+8 To Hit, +6 Damage against Dragons
Special Effects: Fury of Tempus
Combat Critical: Reverse Swing

Your eyes tingle.

In this one item he had managed to pretty much sew up the whole artifact bit for me....artis were ok...but only for him.
Ebgar
Sojourner

Postby Ebgar » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:46 am

there ya go! i couldn't remember which item it was. I think it may have been an earring too. But yeah that axe.
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:24 am

Curious if this policy is all setup now that the equipment "changes" are in.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:26 pm

We're allowing some time for the changes to be considered and debated before starting with restring swapping. We want players to be absolutely certain they want the particular item restrung over a different one.

Soon. We aren't going to revoke the idea.
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:28 pm

Heh, yeah, I expected that. Just was curious if the policy was already set out, and if so, if holly bands/snowflakes are going to be on the list of allowed restring changeovers?

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”