Evils Magazine (L.F.I. for October Issue 2003)

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:47 pm

Things I've learned that might help others on how to benefit at an evils EQ split.

Things NOT to do: :(
1) Complain while in the zone.
2) Spend most of your time playing your evil character off alone solo'n.
3) Log on late in the evening after zoning has already started and whine about how you never get to zone.
4) Go AFK without giving notice while in a zone.
5) Log a goodie character immediately after a reboot instead of your evil.
6) Complain about splits. Doesn't matter how good your intentions are..
7) Don't pay attention while in a zone.
8) Harp on other people who play primary classes needed by evils, when you don't, and whine at eq splits when they are favored.
9) Tog tells when someone is talking to you.
10) Ignore the leader after you've spanked the group.
11) Don't do what the leader tells you.
12) Take what a troll says seriously. They're all a bunch of goofball players who are just fucking with you.
13) Get mad when other people don't bid on an item for you when you never asked them to in the first place.

Things TO DO: :)
1) Your class job at the best of your ability. If you find yourself lacking, ask others for help in doing so. If new at it, remind people of this.
2) Whatever is asked of you by the leader, and do it immediately and to the best of your ability.
3) Keep communication with the leader in the event what you're doing for him/her isn't going well or such.
4) Be ready for a spank, know what you're probably going to be doing when it happens, and move on it when it does.
5) Roll a cleric, enchanter, or shaman. You'll be swimming in handouts.
6) If you are a mage: MAKE BACKUP BOOKS NOW BEFORE YOU ZONE!!
7) After you spank, grab your backups and get remem'd so you're ready even before they are ready to ress you.
8) Don't bid on items your character doesn't currentlly need when others in the group do need it.
9) There is no rule that says you have to bid everytime you goto a zone.
10) There is no rule that says you have to win your bid everytime you bid.
11) Assign the group to the leader after a spank if you have it by chance.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:26 pm

Good job Llaal, i'd just like to add one thing:

Make a consent tell trigger. I'm so tired of all these damn red shapes consenting me and not telling me who they are!
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:44 am

Yasden wrote:People in reference I won't bring up but it's always been people from a particular evil association.

*-* Clan BloodLust *-*?!

Handouts promote higher ptimes, and encourage players to improve their skills. In addition, it serves as a useful culling mechanism in a !PK environment, where purging is not an option. The sort of players who would be opposed to the system are naturally discouraged and leave, and those who support it are rewarded.

Handouts also put equipment to it's best possible use, that is, where it can help the group in future zoning. Because prime pieces of eq therefore go immediately into active play for the side, rather then being stored for later trade, the group's ability to do larger and more difficult zones will increase quickly.

I have yet to see people denied equipment simply because they are unpopular. The main cause is usually lack of skill/inability to pay attention.
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:07 am

Xisiqomelir wrote:
Yasden wrote:People in reference I won't bring up but it's always been people from a particular evil association.

*-* Clan BloodLust *-*?!

At least get the ANSI right :P

*-* Clan Bloodlust *-*
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:34 am

so are things changing?

I used to zone quite a bit. it didnt seem like that to some, but i didnt hang with just one particular group. I have been there when someone's new level 35 alt got the ellie ring, and t heir spider ring - of which iw as the only caster in the group with no hp rings at all and was in my 40's - was given to someone else for an alt that wasnt present.

it was that incident that put me off handouts for a while, and i only followed edak who diced everything. seemed i had better luck that way.

not to say i was the victim. no one can say i was a crappy enchanter. i kept you spelled up and never flaked. i just didnt have the best attitude and of course i was punished for the politics, the skill never mentioned.

i did daoc and after 7 level 50 chars it bores me. been doing swg but the constant nerfage and changes to ever yprofession i keep trying on my two accounts getting annoying. i've seriously considered coming back here, but i dont know as what. i dont have the time like i used to deal with the insane level grind. is there a place for teyaha?

i guess we'll see.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:03 am

< 1789h/986H 170v/170V Pos: standing >
<> frag guild

-= Top Guilds =-
---------------------------------------
*-* Clan BloodLust *-*
Total Guild Frags: +1163.24
Top Fragger: Spadez +131.74
Members:35 frags/member:+33.24
---------------------------------------

Ok so you were right about the !bold, but I was right about the capital "L".

We'll call it a draw ;)
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:15 pm

Bah, they can't even get the ansi right over on Duris? That's sad :(

(I am right... I guess they're wrong on Duris, and I'm only having a bit of a laugh, not a go at you)

Besides, The Void looked better.

Finally managed to find some old logs showing CBL ansi, current Duris is wrong :P

And I searched some more... old Legion page is dead as is old CBL, but google still has the legion battle logs cached, and it turns out that for all of Duris 2 CBL had the wrong ansi :P Duris1 it was BloodLust, Duris 2 it was Bloodlust, and whatever duris is now it's BloodLust again.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:09 am

'Stamm'

"Dear Slim,
I wrote you but you still ain't callin . . ."

:?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:14 am

(September 2003)

Evils Magazine (September Issue 2003)

The influx of new players rolling up evils has slowed down as of late, but an encouraging new group of established players have decided to roll up evil lately. They are frequently found in the midst of doing repeated Exp jaunts, allowing for some of us old evil-heads to help them and ourselves by leveling an alt with them, or simply using p-leveling tactics. One of them is very cute too! Not saying who, but watch out ladies. Meow! With this upcoming addition to our ranks, and school starting back up again, the promise of returning to more regular zoning is looking good.

This month’s Evil of the Month Honorable Mention goes to two people, Yud and Omussix. Both these guys have shown great dedication to the game, and their fellow evils, while keeping true to the evil spirit. Always eager to come and help out, both are also extremely slow to frustrate or anger. Welcome guys and thanks again!

Some more old evils have returned to us once again! Both Myrsss and Izisayyin have been found haunting Dobluth Kyor and evil groups. Welcome back guys it’s great to see you again!

Gyrx/Xassis/Korris, Gura, Targsk, Wobb, and Ushug have all been doing their best to take time out to lead evils in zoning whenever we can be torn away from those stimulating EXP groups. :P

The RP sphere recently held a treasure hunt for all. Many evils could be found racing around DK and Mir searching every room. The participation was better then the Easter egg hunt. Every evil that participated was apparently pleased to receive the platinum and exp rewards. Nice job Quest Folks!

Evils recent event of note would be: the surprise Orbdrin D'oloth received when they traveled up to Jot to get some equipment needed for guildies, after a 40 hour uptime mind you, only to find out that their sexy Invoker managed to gate them to an Invasion filled Jot! Targsk felt very proud to lead a 15 person Invasion group with only 3 non-guildies. It was a positively exhilarating event! Congratulations OD!

And this has been your monthly evils update.

Sesexe - Sham'aroth Ra'ri - Orbdrin D'oloth (Drow Elf) (RP)
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:44 am

nobody loves my goofy troll
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:50 pm

I have yet to see any mention of thankage for Oosh. WTF is up with that?
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:56 pm

Oosh I did it again . . .
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:07 am

If at any time any evil would like to suggest someone or something to be talked about or added into forthcoming updates, my mmail and ears have always been open. It's why I normally ask around before I start writing an EMU.

This months update I found more difficult then usual and had asked around even more so. It was mainly Gura's input that helped the most and allowed me to do this months.

Furthermore:
The EM is about the Brotherhood of all evils. Evil Pride for each other and its' continual promotion to strengthen us. I don't understand why an evil would think that any part of this is in some way evils trying to show up other evils. I mentioned OD doing Invasion, because for anyone to be in a guild and having almost their whole association doing something like that, it is exciting and looks good as a whole. It looks good for Evils too. If you want to know the truth, I didn't want to mention it. I had a terrible time that night that has left me constantly questioning myself. Ironically it was my idea to do jot in the first place. So if anyone thinks I mentioned it because it was a platform for myself or OD to shine other evils on, you couldn't be more off base. I did it because it looks good that an evil guild did invasion.

You’ll also notice I never nominate myself, even though it’s been suggested to me 3 months in a row. It’s now about me or him. It’s about us.

Sesexe - Sham'aroth Ra'ri - Orbdrin D'oloth (Drow Elf) (RP)
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:50 pm

Looking For Input (L.F.I.) for the next (Oct) issue of Evils Magazine.

Any input or ideas plz mmail to Sesexe.

Thnx!
Cruk
Sojourner

Postby Cruk » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:27 pm

Could we have some hot drow chicks on page 3?

Cruk(I miss drow 'glamour' models)
No I am not Crukk from Exile. He now plays a girly hooman palydork :P
Orku
Sojourner

Postby Orku » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:26 am

AM i the cute one?
Zissa OOC: 'orku i will go to class for you if you go to work for me'
You OOC: 'if you don't mind me going naked'
Zissa OOC: 'sure its a bunch of sailors'
You OOC: 'got screwed on that one'

Senosa gets a bright green pillow.
Senosa says 'Pillow fight.....'
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:13 pm

[quote="Llaaldara"]
12) Take what a troll says seriously. They're all a bunch of goofball players who are just fucking with you.
[quote]

hehe dat rux all rite!!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:37 pm

Cruk wrote:Could we have some hot drow chicks on page 3?

Cruk(I miss drow 'glamour' models)

Cruk should know where to find Ellie, Sesexe and Telina pics :P not to forget the hottie Silvine!
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:57 am

Ambar wrote:...and Telina pics :P...

*stare*
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Cruk
Sojourner

Postby Cruk » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:14 pm

Drow hotties, drool! :wink:

Cruk
No I am not Crukk from Exile. He now plays a girly hooman palydork :P
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:42 pm

I actually wanted to do that once... the "Women of Sojourn" calendar, with character sketches drawn by the players.
Azenilsee
Sojourner

Postby Azenilsee » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:32 pm

Can you please list the minimum 12 hot MUDchicks that'll make up the calendar? 8)
Azenilsee - Faern Dalharil
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:39 pm

1) Gura
2) Wobb
3) Braggo

Those should be the top 3 at least.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:48 pm

BABWWWAAAAHHH

Braggo is THE hot mud chick!
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:54 pm

Heh, I said character sketches, not pics of the real people!
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:03 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Heh, I said character sketches, not pics of the real people!

I didn't say pics either. But we'd have to make sure their shim'ness carried over into the sketch.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:31 pm

Every month I keep looking but can't find it.

Where is the Noodie Newbiez sextion?

-Caedym Shadowank
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:49 pm

hrrm hotter .. Ambar or Telina ... prolly Ambar!!!

o feh can see it now ..

www.hotornotmudchicks.com
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:01 pm

OMG Ambar... that's almost too tempting to pass up. Mmail me your descrip?
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:47 am

done :P

and for the record ..

Dark brown eyes are almost hidden beneath a tangled
mass of weeds, dirt, and fur this creature calls hair.
Pale skin is barely visible through the filth on her long,
muscular arms and tree-trunk sized legs. A hunched
back makes this creature seem smaller than the
gargantuan heights of her kinfolk. A small birthmark,
shaped like a small sea creature with many tentacles
is emblazened on her right thigh.

this is my amby squish squid :)
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:18 pm

Anyone I've contacted about submitting material for the next issue, please get your submissions to me as quickly as possible. I'd like to compile everything together tonight.

Danke
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:09 pm

took an early day yesterday and forgot my partially written *thing* is at work .. will try finish up tonight and get it to ye .. pm me with your email addy??
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:20 am

Check your icq!

mount dragon

Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:39 am

this shall be interesting, someone who hasn't played evil in ages was asked to submit something :p
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:05 am

damn how come other people can cross back and forth and I can't? Just because I am more open about it?? I like people from both sides, and I'd like to level a new character or two that are good race .. so i can play with both sets of friends .. and I recall going to two or three zones as my evil lately, and I always come over for resses, spellups, or whatever else is needed ... hell I have no guild anymore besides a very very few ...
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:47 pm

Ambar wrote:damn how come other people can cross back and forth and I can't? Just because I am more open about it?? I like people from both sides, and I'd like to level a new character or two that are good race .. so i can play with both sets of friends .. and I recall going to two or three zones as my evil lately, and I always come over for resses, spellups, or whatever else is needed ... hell I have no guild anymore besides a very very few ...

Poor Ambar, her Elite Evil Card has been REVOKED! No Expired?! Doh! It was tainted with a goodie virus and had to be destroyed! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut. No zone for j00! NEXT!!

Oh I'm just f'n with you like a troll war is supposed to do. So don't get your panties in a bunch. In fact, you should just take them off right now! Free yourself from the oppressive tyrannical yoke of silk and cotton! Girl power! Say it with us! Burn those panties! Show you're pride!... or just do the laundry already.

-Caedym Shadowhock
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:23 pm

Now I am scared ............... Caedym rolled an evil?? (kidding .. evils rock!)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:43 pm

Ambar can come get her panties twisted with the elven contingent any day!
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:18 pm

dang someone's supa touchy on this topic :p

I was just making a comment i noticed chilllllllll :p
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:52 pm

Ambar wrote:Now I am scared ............... Caedym rolled an evil?? (kidding .. evils rock!)

An 8-Mile moment:

What do you mean 'rolled'? Caedyms been a battlechanter since this shet begun. That's right, I'm still level 1. Like a crash, do I need to tell you loudly? Here. I'M A PIECE OF POOR ORC TRASH! I say it proudly. You ain't no real Evil, see? I know everything you're goint to say against me. "Uhh Uhh Um. You're a goodie. You're a bum. You're not elite. You have small pipi. Thanuk did your mom." Pay attention meathead, you're saying the same shet every other Evil said. You need some real material. Get a paper and a pencil, work on a lyrical, but this time make the shet suspenseful. Don't come back until you have something new. F*ck it, you can take the mic home with you.

--

Well yeah, troll warriors are easy to level. Don't even need eq's! Wonder what Orc warriors are like. No extra fire damage. Infravision. Don't take massive damage like ogres do. Cand they dual ebonies?

-Caedym Shadowhock
Orku
Sojourner

Postby Orku » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:04 pm

Dire Dual WIeld good, cept they tank like the shizzzznitt, thats the bad kind.
Zissa OOC: 'orku i will go to class for you if you go to work for me'

You OOC: 'if you don't mind me going naked'

Zissa OOC: 'sure its a bunch of sailors'

You OOC: 'got screwed on that one'

Senosa gets a bright green pillow.

Senosa says 'Pillow fight.....'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:29 pm

actually dires tank pretty good. go practice mounted combat
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:04 pm

Who's laldara?
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:02 pm

*gig* thanks for the chuckle caed ...

sorry jas ... have heard the same thing from a couple diff people ... you just happened to catch the brunt of it ... btw your kids are friggin hungry, you deadbeat dad!

-Italian Proverb
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:56 pm

I think I just fell in love with the battlechanter class. Read that guide on Todrael's site, very nicely done. It seemed to be more informative then all the others. I didn't realize bards/bchanters had so many options open to them now. It's very exciting.

So I rerolled b/c I had uber crappy stats from that roller from 3 years ago, or whenever it was. All I can say now is DEAR GOD!!
STR: average AGI: average DEX: mighty CON: mighty
POW: bad INT: mighty WIS: average CHA: perfect

While rolling I had seen things I had never seen before. 2 perfects right off the bat, and I don't mean just once, but multiple times again and again. Wow!

-Caedym Shadowhock
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:38 am

sorry jas is out trying to get with a different girl. kids are yours house is mine

jas > ambar
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:37 pm

bahaha sorry for stealin the thread llaald :P

Gyrx sucks :P
(u know I giggle my ASS off every time I peep those babies?)

-Italian Proverb
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:56 pm

Jegzed wrote:Who's laldara?

Dunno. Where'd you see someone playing as 'Laldara'? What race/class was she/he?

mount dragon

Return to “General Discussion Archive”