pwipe/rust storm

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.

Do you have any feelings about pwipe?

Pwipe Now
33%
Eq-wipe now
12%
Pwipe within a year
4%
Pwipe after I finish a few more quests
No votes
None, please don't pwipe, my life would end as we know it.
51%

Total votes: 81
Wobb
Sojourner

pwipe/rust storm

Postby Wobb » Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:21 pm

Perhaps now would be a good time to have a pwipe or a eq-wipe (rust storm).
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:27 pm

Should've eq wiped before the changes went in and made us figure out all the new stats. That way we could've bitched gradually instead of all at once:)

BTW - eq wipe is the most unfair thing you can do. Melee is useless without eq, casters aren't.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:27 pm

eq wipe = daily spob
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:57 am

pwipe yerself if ya want to pwipe.

some of us play this game have put lot into our characters and rplay. wasting time and energy pwiping after people try to develope characters is a slap in the face.

if you like pwipe, pwipe yerself, duckpond yer gear and start over if yer bored.

some of us enjoy playing

nilan
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:07 am

I love how these stupid little polls always have the one selection that the poller disagrees with has a 'cute' little add on to the end. "my life would end". *roll*

Lost.
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:17 am

this mud needs a pwipe like bush needs a slap in the face

very badly
<I>When a man lies, he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?</I>
Joth
Sojourner

Postby Joth » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:13 pm

I think a pwipe would be good now. But it would be smarter to get guild system in and economy system in before that. In addition the game should also increase the amount of players they have until it hits like 200 players during peak time, or atleast 150 players.
I voted pwipe after 1 year.
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:40 pm

this is what the 107th pwipe thread in the past 6 months?
it aint gonan happen, get over it, duckpond your eq and del or give to a noob and leave us alone.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:52 pm

Is it just me or do the only people who want pwipes have !uber eq and rarely play (or never on who list)?

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:37 pm

shrug. i voted for a wipe
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:59 am

The only way I'd play if the mud pwiped was if XP needed for all classes to level was halved.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:41 am

Agree dalar, they rarely play an/or dont have fun :)

heh

Nilan
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:31 pm

Nilan's still mad I left his guild.

I don't play because the game is going downhill. That's pretty much all I can say.

Dalar, I do have nice eq, has nothing to do with it. Too many people have left, I have put years into my character too Nilan.

Hey nilan, get out and lead something. Don't start trash talking me until you have walked in my shoes.

Wobb
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:36 pm

8)

I think your shoes are far too big for a drow to walk in, Wobb. He could probably fit both of his feet in one of them.
Kurtok
Sojourner

Postby Kurtok » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:48 pm

A pwipe would only temporarily solve all these "problems". The way that people know this mud, we would be back at the same "problem" within a few months. If you want to play a mud that pwipes frequently, go play Duris.

So, just what is the terrible "problem" that only a pwipe would solve?
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:52 pm

Wow what they hell are you talking bout Wobb!!!

Ijust said I'm opposed to a pwipe for the reasons I stated. Where the hell does your animosity come from? Do I care you left OD? Heck I even reguilded you after you left OD the first time. No, in fact I wished you the best of luck and everything. And everyone know that. You even know that. So lord only knows where that comment came from? Perhaps your just angry for whatever reason.

As far as your mean comment about going out and leading something. You know why I can't and don't lead. I dont think I need to go into personal reasons here for your benefit. And there is no ones shoes I need to walk in but my own. I have nothing to prove to anyone, I play this game for fun.

That being said Wobb, I really see no reason to continue your desire to flame people for their opinion when this is your damn poll. If you didnt want opinions on it your should have only posted one choice. The one you desire best. See me online if you desire to persue this further. Making this a flame war is stupid, and this isnt the place for it.

Nilan
aka
Stabby
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:23 pm

damn, Wobblie .. i'm hella disapointed in that response ...

you know stabby is one of the best guys ever .. always kind. always decent to people .... always wanting to go adventure ... always willing to lend a hand ...

i hope you just had a bad day or something ...
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:06 pm

Yeah i'm having a crappy day.

I took it as a flame sorry nilan. (pwipe yourself etc...) thought you were saying to go take a hike.

In the words of Bilbo, "I need a holiday, a very long holiday." Sorry again Nilan. I'll eat my shoes next time I see you online.

Wobb

:?
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:21 pm

hug bro,

ya no need to eat your shoes :) Besides do big green trolls even wear shoes *wink*

I was confused by your post , im glad your ok. Got me worried there a second. heh ;)

I never have hard feelings bro and ya need not apologize :)

see ya online for fun :)

Nilan
aka
Stabby
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:59 am

Wobb wrote:Nilan's still mad I left his guild.

I don't play because the game is going downhill. That's pretty much all I can say.

Dalar, I do have nice eq, has nothing to do with it. Too many people have left, I have put years into my character too Nilan.

Hey nilan, get out and lead something. Don't start trash talking me until you have walked in my shoes.

Wobb

The game is going downhill? I'm tired of people like you saying this. If you're getting tired of the game fine, but saying that on public boards will only discourage someone new not to play. What's the point in pwiping again? You don't play. Will you get the sudden drive to play after one? I highly doubt it because the game is going downhill right? Just quit.

Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:16 am

imo the best times to play are right after a wipe. its the most fun. when ur sitting around stuck waiting for a reboot cuz the 3 zones that have worthwhile eq are already done it kinda ruins things. and yea yer gonna say go quest soemthing...well the quests worth doing are nerfed. erlan is removed indefinitely im sure so um...yea there's my 1 cent cuz im too poor to give u the other one.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.

Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:10 am

Dalar, you are in no position to speak.

You are walking around with multiple tiamat items, while several hundred other players never even got the chance to kill the mob. You have some of the most uber gear in the game. It's people like YOU that are always whining "don't wipe I have some really great stuff I don't want to lose" I'm tired of listening to that!

Get the point? There are 2 sides of the coin. The truth is I have great gear too. But it isn't the EQ to me, its the grouping. People don't group anymore, unless it means they get something in their pocket. (echo what gura said)

Right after a pwipe, people let go of the greed to some extent, and group together with less contention than they do now. Now, people walk around and post on the board, hey Plevel me and I'll Plevel you (that dalar was a pathetic request btw that I'm surprised even made it to the boards).

This is the last post I'm making in this thread, because now its turning into flames. I dont mean to flame you Dalar, but you have more than most people will ever see on the mud, and I don't blame you for wanting to keep it. But realize that for everytime you post something like "i'm tired of you people ..bla bla...." there is someone who is just as tired of YOU.

Wobb
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:14 pm

I have to agree with wobb and gura totaly. The most fun I ever had with the mud, was striving to get to 50, doing zones for the first time, being the first to finish a quest, and the first leader to do a zone. I have wanted a pwipe for a while, not because I don't care about my eq (I have a tiamat item too) but because the most fun has always been in the journey. When the journey is over, and it's just the same stuff over and over, it's very boring. Second, a pwipe levels the playing field and creates new leaders. All those that had some insight in zoning might suddenly after a pwipe be inclined to try leading a zone, or two. They might bud into a great leader. Eq is wiped, so the newbies have the same start, and the same chance to get eq that they see all the experienced people with.

The ones that don't want a pwipe are either A) on top and want to flaunt their stuff, and show off (aka male peacock), or B) those that feel that with some more time, they will get that last item they were striving for to be the perfect eq set. Both of those are valid, but In the end a pwipe is healthy for the mud, because it allows newbies a chance to integrate rather then just latch on and hope for the best on the ride.

While this subject has been brought up before, that was almost exclusively under Miax's domain. Now that Shevarash and Cyric are in charge, they are fully capable of deciding and formulating their on thoughts and ideas on the possibilities of a pwipe sometime in the near future.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:20 pm

I think if you were gonna pwipe, the time to do it woulda been the same time as when you put the eq changes in. now THAT woulda been interesting.

Oh btw, you forgot the largest portion of people who don't want a pwipe, which is the "I spent a crapload of time getting this character where he is because i can only play twice a week and i dont want to have to start over now" crowd. You'd be surprised how many of those there are.

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:24 pm

Then, there's the third type that don't want a pwipe. The ones who find themselves having less free time than they used to. While at the moment, they can enjoy an occasional group, they cannot see themselves spending the pdays re-leveling/re-eq'ing if there is a wipe.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:26 pm

Hyldryn wrote:Then, there's the third type that don't want a pwipe. The ones who find themselves having less free time than they used to. While at the moment, they can enjoy an occasional group, they cannot see themselves spending the pdays re-leveling/re-eq'ing if there is a wipe.

Yeah! no pwiping till next year, i already used all my vacation time!

Orku
Sojourner

Postby Orku » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:41 pm

What about those of use who are trying to learn the mud for the first time, who took forever to get to the level we are now, and are still not level 50?

The players that have been playing here for 10 years will get to level fifty and have uber leet eq with in no time, compared to the ones that have only been playing ofr a few months.
Zissa OOC: 'orku i will go to class for you if you go to work for me'
You OOC: 'if you don't mind me going naked'
Zissa OOC: 'sure its a bunch of sailors'
You OOC: 'got screwed on that one'

Senosa gets a bright green pillow.
Senosa says 'Pillow fight.....'
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:08 am

Nilan wrote:pwipe yerself if ya want to pwipe.

some of us play this game have put lot into our characters and rplay. wasting time and energy pwiping after people try to develope characters is a slap in the face.

if you like pwipe, pwipe yerself, duckpond yer gear and start over if yer bored.

some of us enjoy playing

nilan

I think he already did pwipe himself.
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:59 am

Orku wrote:What about those of use who are trying to learn the mud for the first time, who took forever to get to the level we are now, and are still not level 50?

The players that have been playing here for 10 years will get to level fifty and have uber leet eq with in no time, compared to the ones that have only been playing ofr a few months.

well the idea is that the new people and the old players all group together, cuz we're all the same level, and you level up and learn the mud from those of us who know it already.

Orku
Sojourner

Postby Orku » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:04 am

Thats not true Thanuk, some players won't group with players taht are newbs unless they really need them. The players that have been playing for awhile will know where to go, while players like me will still be trying to do what we did, and then it will just put a bigger gap between players like me and players that are more knowledge and experienced

Vassana
Sojourner

Postby Vassana » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:16 am

Agree Orku.

I'm on the goodie side in the same situation! I've thought for a long time that after a wipe ppl reform thier guilds quickly, set ptimes and get to work. Of course there is nothing wrong with that, and I for one hope to be part of it one day. Till then we got earn our bones I guess.

For the moment with eq changes and the inability to solo as much as a paladin I am stuck. Its been very hard to find a group lately. Why would that change in a pwipe.

Soon I will know enough to lead stuff on my own to xp, but I am still learning. Long ways to go. However, I will probably take a break from Toril and see how the changes fall out with eq and melee.
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:55 am

Yes, this has already been discussed. . . and I still come to the same conclusion. The people who want a Pwipe can really form their own club and pretend like there was a Pwipe. Just start over, and create your own comraderie. Forcing _everyone_ to start over just so you can make new friends because you don't have enough to form groups with now just isn't fair.

From what the poll says, there are 20 people who want a pwipe. . .so you could just all get together and decide on what classes/races you'll play and just go from there, pretend that the rest of us don't exist and mosh onward =)

Personally, I've spent far too much time investing in my character to have it all erased because some people want to force everyone to pwipe. I went through it 4 times already, and frankly I don't have the time or the energy to reinvest. I'd love to continue playing. . . if a pwipe is done, please allow me to 'rejoin' with the same character I have now in a year or two. . .because thats the only way I'd come back. I think there are a large number of people in this situation.

Not to mention all those newer people who've finally acheived a zoning level and are just getting started on the real good parts of the game. A wipe would not be fair to them.

And Orku has a very good point. Most of the experienced people who have the time will rocket to the top again, leaving the newer people struggling even further behind than they are now.

It is fairly obvious, in my perspective, that not wiping gives the most possible enjoyment to the most people.

It is not about pleasing the few who want to pwipe, or the many who don't. .. its about finding the solution that allows both groups to enjoy what they want. . .and that, I have to say, seems to be the !wipe option. It will take some effort on the parts of those who want to emulate a pwipe. . .but hey. . this is an RP game. . . go RP! =)

Lost
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:57 am

I hate to disagree with Orku and Vas but I do ...

During my tenure as a goodie not much happened for me .. I played a class not necessarily *needed* in groups (druids back then were not what they are now)

I joined the evil side day one of this wipe and things immediately changed. Everyone was grouping with everyone all the time and anyone was welcome. I started with a cleric this wipe, a class ALWAYS needed. During the month or two we were still all wearing crappy eq, I got to know lots of people, and since we were always together I started being included ... til finally today I have some high end eq, and I am sought out for zones and stuff (not as my cleric tho .. ick:P)

My suggestion for those of you who *don't get groups* is to roll a class everyone needs ... invoker, cleric, enchanter, warrior. Soon as it's high enough to zone .. THEN play your other classes and soon even your alts will be gettin *the good groups*

-just Jen's .02
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Orku
Sojourner

Postby Orku » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:14 am

Well when i was exping, i got alot of I'm an alt, and i'm not goign to help you cause you aren't LEET! Now it wasn't directly said, but more through their actions. It might have all been just a few people, but it did leave a mad memory, So I only ended up grouping with a few of the same people to xp.

Now grouping for a zone is a different story, i got invites and all that. But gettign xp groups was hard.

Maybe its just my magnetic personallity that repels people away from xping with me.

But If tehre was a pwipe, i would learn some new thigns, but i would start seriously learning things again till i got to the level I am now.

Sorry If i came of a lil rude in my other post.

Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:18 am

If there was a pwipe i'd certainly start only grouping in a small clique to get max exp and items so that i could... get back to where I am now with my limited play time available... bit pointless. I certainly wouldn't be zoning with 5 bards and 4 necros like last night fun :). No idea why would want a pwipe really, I completely disagree with the argument there is too much gear in game, I would say i'm a fairly well equipped player and I still don't have the perfect set I want on my chars *shrug*, shudder to think about all the less experienced players having to start over again. Certainly agree with wey that it could be fun for a group of people to start all new chars if they wan't, :9.
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:48 am

Please don't PWipe! I've had the MUD wipe on me several times now JUST before I get to level 50! I'm so close again, don't do this to me! I can almost taste level 50!

Umm, yeah, on a more serious note, I'm very against the idea of pwiping as well. The island of EM is basically a posterchild for what will happen if we pwipe. People like Weylarii and I and others who know the island (ie: know the MUD) very well will be level 20 and off the island in a heartbeat. Similarly, players all over the world (evils and goodies alike, but probably more on the goodie side due to the numbers) will be doing what they always do after a wipe. Smallest groups for the most productive exp. The old players will know where to go from the get go to get a good base of eq that will allow them to do the best exp with the smallest groups, and the gap between 'elite' and un'elite' players will only grow.

I really don't think it's a matter of people not wanting to let go of their gear (for the most part, there are some who are more attached than others, which is fine. Everyone plays the game for their own reasons). We're going to get the gear again. For the most part I have the best eq for each slot, but it's not like it's unattainable if there were a wipe. It's just a matter of fact that nothing would change if the MUD were to wipe. Within a few months we'd be right back where we started. After one year you wouldn't even be able to tell there was a wipe. So I join Weylarii in his challenge. If you want to play in a wiped environment, wipe yourselves (keep it clean, Thanuk). Or if you want, there's something else out there that can be a ton of fun for you if you're willing to give it a shot. Roll a new character. Don't tell ANYONE who you are. Don't transfer any gear. You won't have your primary's eq or reputation to piggy back on, and you can experience the MUD as though it were wiped with a twist.

So yeah, this got long winded, but until I get level 50, no wiping!

Glorishan
Touk says 'ac > glorishan > mr > touk > hps'
Siamorphe OOC: 'If AFKing is the devil, then Corth is the Antichrist and Glorishan is the False Prophet who supports him.'
Referring to the guild on 8/28/06: Oghma responds to your petition with 'your leadership team averages 280 days MIA :('
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:50 pm

Glorishan wrote: If you want to play in a wiped environment, wipe yourselves (keep it clean, Thanuk).

Uhm.......

That's what your mom said?

Diel
Sojourner

Postby Diel » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:36 pm

thanuk wrote:Oh btw, you forgot the largest portion of people who don't want a pwipe, which is the "I spent a crapload of time getting this character where he is because i can only play twice a week and i dont want to have to start over now" crowd. You'd be surprised how many of those there are.

Can I get a "hell yeah"?
Hoppel ASSOC:: 'ROFL ON THE BEST FLOOR EVAR!!!1!1!oneone'

Klandan group-says 'No, I just won't group with him. Just making that clear up front.

Hibbidy tells you 'kill giant'

Twyl tells you 'I hate my life'

Don't blame me because you aren't an interesting person and have a problem finding anything to talk about.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:34 pm

Given that it's like 40% for and 60% against... we should go with democracy.

Have a random purge of players, 40% are deleted, 60% are untouched.

I think we can all agree to do that.

Ok, close the thread and make it happen.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:34 pm

Glorishan wrote:The island of EM is basically a posterchild for what will happen if we pwipe.
Glorishan

Where did those holy word scrolls go :( haha

T
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Frensolith
Sojourner

Postby Frensolith » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:14 am

pwipe would be great, because then i could strand glorishan on lake turtle again and it would be GLORIous!

Frensolith!

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”