Questionable Conduct

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.

Questionable Conduct

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 04, 2002 3:17 pm

I'd warrant that a good number of us at one time or another have run afoul of The Powers That Be on the MUD - whether by exploiting a bug in the game, interacting with others in a crass/vulgar manner, or whatever. what questionable conduct have YOU engaged in?

I'll start. back when I started playing, a high charisma allowed you to buy an item from a shopkeeper and then sell it back at a profit. I racked up a fair bit of money that way until one day I tried to log in. after I typed in my character's name, the game said:

"*Snap!* Guess we fixed that bug, huh?"

then there was the time mystra accused me of multiplaying. eventually she decided that I probably wasn't, but I got so irritated by her interrogation of me that I started spamming my indignation over petition. she eventually responded:

Mystra responds to your petition with 'Take it to /dev/null/ and shut up.'

she then caged and silenced me. I was let out of the cage a day later, but I wasn't unsilenced for approximately 35 levels.

--D2
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Jan 04, 2002 4:07 pm

Last wipe, I had to transfer eq to my goodie and the way I did it was as follows.... camp my goodie S of the WD gates. Put all the eq in a leather skin, run my evil up to near WD s gates, start camping, drop the bag right before I camp and log on the goodie right after. Oh the relief of that stupid no eq transfer rule being gone now!

Cherzra - breakin' the law, breakin' the law!
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Fri Jan 04, 2002 4:48 pm

A long time ago, back when platinum-plated bracers loaded on the ground instead on their guardian mob, there was always a frantic race through the tunnels of Undermountain to pick them up.

I got to the point where I had the path memorized - in fact I still do. So I'd frequently win the race and had a fairly large stock of the things on me.

Someone, I never knew who, decided that I was camping on them and confiscated them. I was pretty outraged, but what're you going to do? Eventually they were moved and I just ensured that I never had more than 2 or 3 on me - unlike the 14 that had been taken :P

Sylvos
Tanras
Sojourner

Postby Tanras » Fri Jan 04, 2002 5:08 pm

Where to start:

soj1:

Was a 43 conjurer and decided it would be really nice if I could snag and sell a dragonbone bracelet that a friend's retired evil had so I transfered it multiplaying at TP(Yes I was a newbie). Got deleted for that.

soj2:

Was first lich and had just releveled to 50 and was trying to finish a dagger of oblivion. Instead of actually doing the quest I worked out a big ol trade with Laiynok (Pheten/Yarith's necromancer) for the dagger. Well, it was decided that since it was actually Yarith(goodie) who originally did the quest for the dagger(even though Laiynok had it for a number of months), this was an illegal trade and I lost lichdom and was demoted to level 46.

Now, what was not realized, was that when I got demoted, no one bothered to reset my hps. This means I had level 50 lich hp as a level 46 human. (Lich hp >>> human hp last wipe) So I releveled to 50 and reliched in like 2 weeks. Then got back to 50 as a lich and I had 423 naked hp. I'm still bitter about that whole situation because I don't think I disobeyed any rules, but needless to say I did not volunteer the info that I was ub9r naked.
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Fri Jan 04, 2002 5:17 pm

Hrmm, I don't remember which incarnation of sojourn it was on, I think Toril... My buddy and I have shared teh same ISP/pw/dialup number for years...
And we were both logged on one day, and one of the gods snagged him for multiplaying, and I was talking to him on AIM at the same time, so I petitioned, at the exact same time he did, with the exact same wording, "We're sharing a connection, we're in two different towns"
Same punctuation and every thing (Dangerous minds think alike I guess)
So then *I* got snagged
It took forever to straighten it out, and I think another friend or two got dragged into it.
Both of our chars were deleted (I had just re-rolled my Ranger and only had newbie eq and sucky stats, so I didn't care)
But then they banned our ISP for ever
Thank heaven for IP spoofers Image

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Jan 04, 2002 5:18 pm

my cs site got banned, so sok and i were mudding from a different site and thought that being shown as two separate connections was good enough, well it wasnt, had an encounter with one of the gods right before we were going to do cc, sok got a bit riled got deleted and i got eq purged and caged for 9 months.

got an unsolicited petition while leveing up my paladin in ic... "whats a paladin doing wielding an evil weapon" (nightbringer). petition its not flagged evil only. about 10 minutes later i fumbled it and it was just gone. no room echo about being picked up or anything just gone... i petitioned some other god reported that there wasnt any nightbringers in ic. i still ponder about that one.

there was a druid spell quest that gave you too much exp for how easy it was. went from 46 to 50 pretty quick by doing the quest 40 or 50 times.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Fri Jan 04, 2002 5:22 pm

My God such vile evilness Image rofl

I did none of that.

Nilan is innocent Image
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Fri Jan 04, 2002 5:35 pm

I think all the prominant evils of Soj2 will remember the Balor weapon fiasco.
Delduwath
Sojourner

Postby Delduwath » Fri Jan 04, 2002 6:38 pm

Back on toril, I just had to know what the eyepatch on the troll brewmaster did. The brewmaster must be like a 50th lvl multiclass warrior/mage who tracks and is aggro to everything and doesnt go back home once he is out. I tried luring him to the Ghore gate guards back when guards would assist players and tried to get guards to assist against him. After my 5th or 6th death in as many minutes, I was noticed upstairs and caged. I'm glad I wasn't deleted.

Also about that same time, I used to lure guards to room with pink viel and let them kill the mob that has it. Got several of them that way before the assist code was changed. Of course I would invariably forget that they disentigrate when dropped and lost about four of them when arranging eq.

-Dumb Troll
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Fri Jan 04, 2002 6:43 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zrax:
I think all the prominant evils of Soj2 will remember the Balor weapon fiasco. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 5 min brass run? Image
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Fri Jan 04, 2002 6:57 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jegzed:
The 5 min brass run? Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the one, super Blung and the balor sword of beheading, was life much less complex then or does it just seem that way in hindsight.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Jan 04, 2002 7:39 pm

Heh... I remember when I started on this mud. I came from a MUSH/MUSE background, where there's no combat, and only role-playing basically.

I chose to play a female character, not knowing in my ignorance and youth, that this was a really bad thing. I didn't know that people would take it beyond the game. I played up as a female in game, and tried to veer away from my rl person. At one point, I slipped and said I was female in rl. I hadn't realized it at the time, but man what a shitstorm that was to create.

In the process, I hurt two people I considered close friends, and really ostracized myself from others. I had to get Malar to change my name to a males, and resex me, etc... Because I was getting so much flak, that I couldn't even do anything without godawful nasty tells. I deserved it. But I really didn't know any better back then. On a MUSE/MUSH, it was ok to role-play female for RP purposes. On here it wasn't. I learned tho.

I would like to make a public apology to both Albrecht and Wabook. I wronged both of them badly. It wasn't intentional, however. It was the act of a teenager who just didn't know any better about the female persona. I'm sorry guys. I've held that shame for years now.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Jan 04, 2002 8:30 pm

We were doing a crypts run, and didn't realize that Valos forgot to drop the key until we were totally inside. Needless to say, we spanked in the first room before we could leave a sitter. After about an hour, two players (I think it was Jasix and Visae) left the group. I asked what was going on and Jasix said "Man, if I tell you, and they catch us, you're going to get deleted for knowing about it. So pleeeeeease don't ask." I caught on immediately, and about three minutes later, there was a very serendipitous crash. Easy CR after that.

Last wipe I had some very complicated plans concerning a number of evils whose names I don't even remember now to secure a rejuv item. I was told there was a rejuv potion in the underdark, but I knew that if anyone took notice that Ragorn was somehow 10 years younger without any way for goodies to have access to rejuv, I'd get deleted in a hurry. Well, plans were made to transfer this potion (I still don't know if it even exists), but before I could get my grubby little hands on it, Sojourn closed.

One more. Before archery went in on Toril, we organized a meeting of Rangers to try to get some things changed. It was great, we had like 20 some-odd Rangers groups in the guildhall (no group caps) discussing constructive ways to improve the class. We talked for about two hours and I logged the whole thing. Right as we were leaving, I got a petition response from Someone who said "very interesting, too bad none of that will ever happen." Well I fucking flipped, I grabbed Thricia's alt and grouped with her (anti-paladin!), proclaimed that we were getting married, and petitioned "I'm grouped with an anti, suck me" or something along those lines Image

Home set to Calimsham Desert. I wrote a very entertaining story on my alt, who was promptly deleted. The next day I was sitebanned, and I missed the rest of Toril!

- Ragorn
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Fri Jan 04, 2002 8:31 pm

I've aleady spoken with Modu about this long ago and he forgave me so it's nothing new to him.

Way back when Knights Test was first put into the game I was playing my first character on Soj1, a human sorcerer named Noc.

(the name Nokie came from Noke which in turn came from Noc (people thought 'Noc' was pernounced 'knock' so I made 'Noke' but then people though 'Noke' was pernounced 'Nokie' but I digress..) Noc came from my old BBS name 'NO CARRIER' if you're old enough to know what that means, good for you!)

Anyway, so Modu & crew were the first group to go through knights test. All throughout their adventure there, I was clairing Modu watching the progress.

At the time, Modu and I shared the same ISP (CRL - California Research labs, anyone remember them?) and Modu's home directory was open for anyone to read. His tinyfugue wold file was also world-readable, so I was able to farm his sojourn password.

Curiosity and greed took hold of me and I created a new charachter named Khyron (inspired from the evil villan in Robotech Macross Saga) but created him from a seperate unix account.

I logged on Modu and Khyron from this third-party unix server to mask my identity and transfered all of Modu's equipment to Khyron!

Wanting to test how well they tracked things, I didn't plan on transfering Modu's stuff from Khyron to Noc until a few days had gone by. Fortuntely for me, the next day Modu got his stuff back and I was questioned if I knew anything about it because it was discovered that I was clairing him a lot the night before.

I, of course, lied and wrote off the failed eq hijacking to the tough security of the sojourn staff. I think it was Denier who asked me too *sniff*

Long ago I admitted all this to Modu and he forgave me. I still think that he's one of the best casters that ever graced Sojourn.

And of course, I'm a lot more mature now and would never try to do something like that again, FYI :)

So remember folks, "chmod go-r" all your tintin/tinyfugue/etc config files especially if they contain passwords!

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers
Kalthanan
Sojourner

Postby Kalthanan » Fri Jan 04, 2002 9:08 pm

Hmm, worst thing I remember doing was goofing around GN with my baby barb when the town first went in.. I remember killing some low level mobs and the corpses would get raised by caster mobs and the guards would immediately come to kill the undead.

Anyways, I'm poking around and I find Kralgar and his pretty axe so I'm thinking, 'is there any way I can make the mobs fight each other like the high mage and princess back in BS'.. so I ended up leaving, killing another mob and dragging the corpse into Kralgar's room.

Lo and behold, the corpse gets raised, guards come running in blah blah blah big fight, guards die making more corpses which in turn gets raised thus summoning mooore guards.. I leave the room and nervously wait until the noise of battle dies down and walk in to loot the money and items off most the mobs.. which had all died cept for Kralgar Image

At which point I petitioned to Mask that something funny was going on in GN and logged off.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Jan 04, 2002 9:10 pm

I have never done anything that is questionable.. the gods are just unreasonable Image

Corth
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Fri Jan 04, 2002 10:09 pm

Back before ogres and trolls had anyone to group with (other than each other), I'd level up my ogres by taking them to CV and attacking the human slaves, then allowing the ogre guards to smite them. I got a lot of money (well it seemed like a lot at the time) and if the guards managed to mort the human, I got a lot of experience too. Erevan caught me at it a few times, kept chastising me, caged me once, nothing more severe than that.

Twinkish? I did the lloth amulet quest for exp instead of the gear, maybe 40+ times. Had tons of money and nothing really to spend it on so it seemed like it wasn't really all THAT twinkish, especially since it was costing me 1k plat each time I did it.
Got Dueleren demoted from 49 to 46 for that and my best eq taken away by Mask.

------------------
·•Kuurg•·
ShadSteph
Sojourner

Postby ShadSteph » Fri Jan 04, 2002 11:14 pm

Hrm. I was one of the last Conjurers to be deleted for botting when creating rations raised the skills. Later that day is when the change to minor create was imped.

Hrm. I made 500k+ plat in a week w/o leaving the UD, or grouping. Alot of people made money this way, I just took it to extremes (the mob gave me exp too) (I also dropped alot of it in Calimport when the city was new)

Also used the money system D2 referred to, but only for a very short while.
Podar Brightwolf
Sojourner

Postby Podar Brightwolf » Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:49 am

Hrm. I don't remember exactly when this was but I was a newbie ranger before xp in hometowns was nerfed due to having lvl 50s who had never set foot out of Waterdeep. Anyway, I was grouped with a higher level Ranger named Antenes I had met and someone else in the group gave me a sword he had found, the Lost Sword of Cyrmch Hugh (or however it's spelled). Anyway, I got this spanky new weapon and wielded it as we were walking to the docks. I started getting tells about the sword and I didn't know what was going on so I paniced and togged tells. All of a sudden, I get summoned to Someone's room and questioned about the sword. I wasn't going to turn in anyone and finally made that clear. End result, I got caged and silenced for a week or two. Wasn't fun to log in a petition how long was I gonna be stuck there then log off due to boredom.

Podar
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Jan 05, 2002 1:35 am

D2, your situation reminds me somewhat of Ronik. Ronik was one of the people I regularly grouped with in early Toril. He was a shaman, in his first incarnation, and we helped him do the quest and he got his spirit... eventually he got up to the early 30s.

Well, one of the long-awaited moments in every shaman's life is the first time they get their spirit. He was overjoyed to see that he had gotten a tiger (we had placed bets on 'elk' and 'rabbit'.)

He then proceeded to spend the next 3 months futiley battling Mystra for a lastname that involved tigers. Tilandal and I, as well as some admins checked his descr several times; it was impeccable. Mystra was adamant, however; no northland-dwelling people would ever have tiger-related names, she said. Tigers lived in jungles. Wholly ignored were his protests that he wanted a lastname related to his spirit. (Come to think of it, she could have just given him a bear.)

Eventually Ronik left for EQ. He hasn't come back yet, despite IM'd suggestions.
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Sat Jan 05, 2002 2:05 am

Ohh, good topic D2! I've been wanting to come clean for a while now, just too afraid to do it. I'm assuming that all will be forgiven *grin* =).

Anyway, back on soj1/toril, a friend of mine and I started to scam people big time. We'd roll up level 1 characters, tog anon, and then start yelling that we had all sorts of gear for trade. Eventually someone would want to trade, so we'd go to the bank, wait for the other person to give us their items/cash and then split with the loot.

This worked especially well with the polished steel amulets, because you could emote pulling one of them out of a bag, and no one would know! I even remember one time where my partner was going solo, but got caught, so he dropped a bag containing a nightbringer, emerald LS, etc in the WD park... I went to pick it up, and Mask petitioned that I return the EQ because it was stolen. I returned it, and that was that.

Until I decided to make a solo run on free eq, so I rolled a level 1 thief (how fitting), and started shouting that I had flaming silettos for sale. Mystra sum'd me to interrogate me, and I dropped link. Tried to log back on a few hours later and I was banned =P.

Just want to say I'm sorry for stealing the stuff, and I was much younger then.

Sel
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sat Jan 05, 2002 2:15 am

So, I don't know if this is disreputable or smart, but waaaay back when I spent alot of time in HP, thieves didn't like me much. Had a thief tracking me, so I ran into a room and spammed close door. Everytime the thief would open the door to get me, I would close it. This went on for about 30 mins until I healed up, then I killed it. It worked quite nicely since thieves gave me great exp and I could only take them when I had full hps.

Oh yeah, did that again the other night Image

Vigis *they think THEY'RE devious* Wolverinefang
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Sat Jan 05, 2002 2:18 am

Once in Soj2, I was roleplaying my troll, and
used a conjunction in a sentence. I was too
ashamed of myself and just quit right then.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sat Jan 05, 2002 2:41 am

About 5 years ago, soon after starting playing sojmud (and any muds for that matter), I never knew what multiplaying was.

I had my druid to mid lvl, then had a warrior or rogue or something, killing south wd things. I would run to the INN, log the druid in, bark/blee/heal my rogue, rent druid, then go out and kill more.

Another time, My (mid lvl) druid died on EP after going thru the portal at ruins, I never even knew what planes were, or where ep was, and thought thats the only way to get to it.
After trying to cr myself a few times I kept getting killed, and thought I needed invis.

So I logged on my friends char (for some reason I knew his password etc), ran down to ruins with him (sorcerer), and invised my druid, rested sorc there and proceeded to try to cr with my druid.

Such innocent times.. hehe.

Oh, and on another mud a whiles back, a friend and me worked out that if you give an item to another player, and then the game crashes b4 you save, you both have the item after game reboots. We knew how to crash the mud, and did it a few times with bags full of quite good eq, heh.
The imms there fixed that soon after.

Mogr.
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Sat Jan 05, 2002 2:56 am

Some people might have known about this Image

My first big char was Ranila the ranger. At around the time I reached 50, I persuaded my rl good friend to start playing sojourn so I helped him rolling up a barbarian warrior named Wargo. I gave him eq and stuff and helped him level high enough to start zoning. When he was 41 or so he decided warrior was too boring for him so he rolled a gnome conjurer called Bfible. Bfible was so much more fun than Wargo so he pretty much played it exclusively leaving Wargo sitting at the inn. Soon after, the no group rule between Paladin/Ranger with evil aligned char came in. At the same time, I have some rl issues and decided to quit. However, I wasn't able to hold out for long and my friend persuaded me to come back. I told him I didn't want to level another char so he promptly gave me Wargo. I assumed the roll of Wargo since then. Some people knew about the change in identity and didn't say anything and some people did. Gods questioned me and my friend about it and we insisted that we were not multiplaying Image and Wargo belonged to me exclusively while Bfible was his (even though I used to play his char just to get a feel for the class). Gods warned us that they better not catch us multiplaying. Felt lucky that we escaped that one, we decided not to test the rules anymore...for awhile at least. Image After a while illithids came in. Just about everyone rolled up one, so did me and my friend. He actually really liked the race/class so he decided to go evil. However, after leveling a bit he found his char's stats too pathetic to keep. He knew about my squid's (Xizzerillazz) stats and he like it yet he couldn't roll up a similar one. Since no one knew anything about Xizzerillazz so I had no problem giving him the char. Image

Yssilk
Iltavera
Sojourner

Postby Iltavera » Sat Jan 05, 2002 4:22 am

Back during toril, I used to trade eq between my good/evil chars by loading everything into a plain bag or something, finding an empty room in BG that no one went to, mapping route to inn, and dropping, run to inn, log off, log on evil, run back, and pick up bag. Probably still very illegal, but I never got caught.
Gromsharulaz
Sojourner

Postby Gromsharulaz » Sat Jan 05, 2002 5:58 am

*laugh* squid bags! way way back I found out that the squid merchant in Ix was damn easy to kill when I accidently quaked in his room and aggro'd him. So I got myself a spanky illithid bag. I had 3 at one time, one I paid for two I slaughtered for. Later I traded off one of them for some spanky eq.
Hmm I also used to abuse the gate guard code. Heh I got several runed mithy's that way.
Think that's about it for my mischief...

- Gromsharulaz Darkmace, The Insane Twink Derro of the Underdark
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat Jan 05, 2002 6:13 am

when i get older and become senile i will break into sojourn3 and silence/cage all the gods. but since i'm still young and not senile i will just continue be the rule obeying mudder that i am *grin*.
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Sat Jan 05, 2002 7:19 am

So THATS what you were doin eh Vigis?
That door spam caught me by suprise when I walked by. Heh. I did look north about 15 times before I saw it was you Image
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Sat Jan 05, 2002 8:06 am

rofl sok!

can we say you, diac and your warrior in CC??? :P

worst thing i ever did was look at tesi's attitude toward the mud as the model.

I had actually imm'd here for a week. Was fun. had to be invis to all but i let a few friends on icq know. I was also told to not log in my immortal unless one of the other admin folks were on. so first thing i'd do is log my assassin and see what imms were on, and petiton if i didnt see any. one night there none vis and no answers to my petiton so i stayed on as my assassin and talked to a few friends for nearly an hour. eventually an imm went vis and i logged the admin. at the end of the week i was pulled aside by kia and berr and said that i'm not fitting in and they let me go and cited the fact that i was supposedly playing my mortal more than the imm that week. man i was PISSED afterwards, and started badmouthing the imms in tells to friends. mystra was snooping and i got threatened with deletion. that was when i realized none of it was worth it. (yes, i used to be a nicer guy if you can believe it!)

i do feel bad for badmouthing the imms, but i think if given the chance i could have been a pretty good imm/area wank here. it's too bad we'll never know.

i've never multied, trans'd gear to an evil char, outcasted, abused a bug or otherwise abused the code in my 6 years on this game. the risk vs. reward was never great enough for me to risk deletion/banning on characters that would take me the equivalent of 6 months of nonstop play to replace.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Jan 05, 2002 9:24 am

i used to play exclusivly from the high school computer lab when i didnt have net access at home. How could a young lad ignore the free computers next to him? YI lasted about a day doing this and lost all my eq as punishment.
Astansus
Sojourner

Postby Astansus » Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:12 pm

I gave 10 plat to my level 1 evil cleric from my lvl 50 paladin so I could enter bloodstone. Two minutes later I was caged and the paladin's align set to -1000. I was told that if I didn't get him to good align within a week he would be turned into a warrior. I tried for a day but it wasn't worth it. That was 4 years ago and I haven't played since.

Cheers
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sat Jan 05, 2002 3:40 pm

what priest doesnt have some sort of food alias .. to make all sorts of food then get it all? .. too much of a pain in the ass to cast it .. get the food .. mem it .. etc ...

anyway was feeding myself one day with my alias and got summoned by Mystra (wow that as along time ago) and questioned about my *bot* keep in mind i was at the keys the whole time and was only filling my food supply up .. she did forgive me after i apologized :P (yeah ok so it improved my summon skill.. shrug:P)

other than that i am the model of a sojourner :P nothing illegal at all .. tho i know a few of my friends have sent me frantic messages about how to get out of a bad situation .. come on guys fess up :P some of those stories are GREAT

i also think that the switching eq thing from goodies to evils or vice versa isnt or wasnt illegal .. hell neither player was in the mud at the same time .. and you risked all your eq by dropping it and camping out (o yeah i did that a LOT)

-Peace

Ambar
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Jan 05, 2002 4:51 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Astansus:
<B>I gave 10 plat to my level 1 evil cleric from my lvl 50 paladin so I could enter bloodstone. Two minutes later I was caged and the paladin's align set to -1000. I was told that if I didn't get him to good align within a week he would be turned into a warrior. I tried for a day but it wasn't worth it. That was 4 years ago and I haven't played since.

Cheers</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately, this type of story was somewhat common...

Corth
Snizzle
Sojourner

Postby Snizzle » Sat Jan 05, 2002 5:49 pm

My stuff really wasnt all that bad, I guess.

Playing a thief all the time used to leave me in the position of being welled, picked, paid and out quite often. I really didnt mind, but I always wanted to go with the Tia groups. Was never asked, never had the eq etc etc. I got the bright idea that it would be neat if I walked through the end of the Tia fight and camped in the vault. Next fight I would be in the vault b4 anyone!

Little did my dorky halfling self know that one couldnt camp there. I must have tried 8-10 times. At one point Mystra got tired of these antics and started randomly transing me around the realms everytime the zone cleared and I was still there trying to find a way to stay. LD, crash, camp anything. I must have died a jillion times trying to carryout that caper. Never succeeded.

I blew a Imm reward for RP one time, least I think I did. Mystra summoned to her chambers and there was a chest there. In those days I never broke RP. As she talked to me, I kept picking the chest and opening, trying to get the contents as she slammed the lid. I was enuff aggravation that she froze me in the room with the chest and left. Which was true torture - and lots of laughs. I never got the reward, but had tons of fun trying to steal what was going to be given anyway.

I rank that time with Mystra as one of my top 5 mudding moments. She was great!
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Sat Jan 05, 2002 8:32 pm

Where do I start?

Was caged once for quiver palming the WD innkeeper (back when you couldn't rent if he was dead). The mud crashed before my forced camp in the cage finished, so I didn't log on for a couple days. When I finally logged on, the caging hadn't saved and I just carried on.

Used to be able to kill shopkeepers if you started the fight with quiver palm. Made a few plats looting the shopkeeper at the end of the WD docks and selling his stuff back to him when he repopped. Also got some Strange Boots from the shopkeeper EM, which I wore to the end of my days.

Later I decided it was more fun to hunt for exploits and then immediately tell the staff about them. I found that the staff often let me keep my ill-gotten gains and were glad to be told - as long as I didnt do it again or tell anyone. I think there are some exploits I found that still exist, but I can tell ya about the time I drowned yan-c-bin for a first cloak of elvenkind and lightning earring. As for 3 man Kost? *cough* He's been soloed. Image

Mp
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Jan 05, 2002 9:11 pm

One more I forgot. I rolled a cleric named Taekwin way back in the day. I levelled him to 11 and realized his stats were terrible and I didn't like playing a cleric. I decided to send him out with a bang. So, I unloaded all of his equipment, made a few dynamic shouts, and as soon as Lord P walked into the Great Market Square, I cause serioused him!

Well.

Six elite guards immediately rescued me and assisted each other. Lord P went down in a flash of steel. Taekwin was summoned, caged, and silenced without even being asked what happened. Apparently there was some sort of bug I didn't know about, and Kiaransalee just assumed I was abusing it. No questions, no defense, just sent to the cage and told to roll a new character because "I'd never see him again" Image

- Ragorn
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Sun Jan 06, 2002 6:43 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Snurgt:
<B>Once in Soj2, I was roleplaying my troll, and
used a conjunction in a sentence. I was too
ashamed of myself and just quit right then.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is hilarious. (:
Io
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Mon Jan 07, 2002 12:46 am

Back in 95, Lavey, myself, and about 4 or 5 others mudded on Soj1/Toril from the same lab...so we got pestered about multi'ing quite often. Never did it though, mind you. However, Lavey and I were the only ones that continued to play after the year ended, and I had the passwords for the other 4 guys. Sure, I could've played em if I wanted to..but I had more fun playing Targsk. However, one friend had a Human Thief who I kept camped in tower right at the entrance to landsharks, and I would do solo exp there for hours (barkwoof too!) by simply logging him on, picking the door, camping out, then relogging on Targsk. I was using straight telnet back then, so I couldn't have multiple connections, and I didn't even know about the multi'ing rule yet rofl...when I found out though I stopped doing it immediately cause I'd just gotten BS bonemail and didn't wanna be deleted! :P

I used to abuse justice in Ghore quite often. *sulk* All those gleaming metal clubs you saw around back in the Soj1/Toril days? 99% of them I got :P Luring troglodytes out of their hole and bringing em to the gate guards....and then dragging gate guard corpses to the fortune teller or chief guard...there was major carnage constantly in Ghore late at night...I was honestly surprised I was never caught. Again, I didn't know it was illegal until Lloth told everyone it was...so I stopped doing that too. :P I guess I was guilty of not reading the news back then...rofl.

Used to camp on Ascuren and get bark shields every boot....uhh....used to also camp out with Vandent and get griffon helms at boot too....before the camping rules were put in. I don't think I've ever gotten into serious trouble about anything before, other than a few spats over stupid rares back in the day.

Oh wait forgot something else. Back when the faerie dragon used to load like almost every boot, I'd solo him lickety split and sell/trade gossamer wings galore. He used to be bashable then though...dragon bashed, no breathe...then they fixed that after seeing me killing faerie dragon about 30 times. :P

As for you Mplor, shame on you! I thought I was the only one who soloed Kost! :P *nod me*

I did occasionally get bored and would slowly solo my way into CC, via regen chant healing. I think I managed to kill about 20-30 trackers by luring them out to bridge, then running to tower and healing before the zone popped. Never got ballsy enough to try actually walking in there and doing eq. I stopped doing that after I forgot to shut the door one time and a few undead dragons wandered out and ended up on the river and one at RC a few hours later....sorry to anyone who died from those fiascos. :P

All in all I don't think I was too bad in those days....most of the stuff I did I didn't know was illegal...but now I'm a good boy and play by the rules. Though I'm still tempted to give a gaudy crown to some people once in a while....

Deathmagnet
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Mon Jan 07, 2002 4:42 am

First off, Gaudy Crowns don't para anymore. Just blind, and you can take them off. Don't ask how I know *wink*

This particular incident happend this wipe. I had actually developed this idea to try to 'claim' Korahl on Evermeet, but the opportunity to test it out came on a boot when the White Dragon loaded instead. So, I run to dragon load spot at boot, see it loaded, and go about my work...

There's a zone south of Sylvan Glades that has a hidden entrance, but when you go south after searching it out, you have to research the entrance to get out. So I run to the room, search it out once, and run back to the dragon.

By this time, Salen is in the room with the dragon, and another lifeform (didn't have DI up, so I saw the lifeform of the dragon and what I assumed was another player...turned out it was Yssilk, bad evil!). Since dragon was invis, my only way to engage it was to quake it. So, being the nice person that I am, I made sure to emote a warning that I was quaking before I did anything (aren't I a nice guy?). Oh, by the way, I thought I was wearing prot cold, guess I wasn't, but got lucky and didn't lose any eq doing this.

My eq wasn't exactly spanky, and I had only slightly over 800 hps with vit. Insert earthquake, insert only 14 hps after first round of combat. I blitz to the zone I searched out, and wait for dragon to dim. I made sure not to search out the entrance leading out of the zone, because I didn't want dragon to wander out. It dimmed, I worded, formed a group, and smited.

Meanwhile, a group of evils is wandering around Sylvan Glades trying to find where I put him. They're trying to track it, etc... Many of them were sending me unpleasant tells too, and sometimes my feelings got hurt!

Well, after a semi-long conversation with Miax, he globals about how illegal that is, and won't be allowed, etc... Until this post, I'm fairly certain none of the evils knew how I kept them from finding it. Sorry guys!

I didn't think it was illegal at the time, oops.

I promise I'll be good from now on!

Glorishan
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Mon Jan 07, 2002 6:33 am

I never really got in trouble on Sojourn in any of its incarnations. Only once that I can recall. Last wipe no one ever did Tiamat, although evils did try, they never suceeded. While in a group, I was talking to Waelos about Tiamat, and he seemed pretty upset that Dawn's Fire had been taken away. I told him dont fret! Because I had heard that the gods were going to change up the eq every once in a while, and that Dawn's Fire might make an appearance! (I really did hear this, Miax had globaled it at some point, cant remember). Little did I know, Waelos chose that point to petition about it, and got into a heated argument with Mystra! And then I was transed up to godville and accused of spreading rumors! I apologized for any inconvenience caused, and was sent back on my merry way with a firm reprimand not to spread anymore rumors!
Frensolith
Sojourner

Postby Frensolith » Mon Jan 07, 2002 9:50 am

heh ragorn, that happened to me once, but in GN. had a barb that i didnt care about, so i went and attack a barbarian mob with guards in the room, ended up guards started fighting each other and more kept coming in. well, found a lil bit of plat off that. then got a petition. eek!

Another time way back when I had a thief named Gren. I was running around WD following this barbarian who had recently lost all his eq. As we were moving around, we came up to a room which had some eq on the ground. Saw "a pile of rotting leaves" or something like that, so i picked up "leaves".
then imediatly walked out cause i was following. Being the nice thief i was, i decided to give this crappy item to the poor nekkid barbarian who was xp'n with me. so he runs to the inn for awhile, and i start gettin tells to give this thing back. Silly cloak of green leaves! It was lying on the ground for crying out loud! So after a few bad words, i say ok hold on, and since the inn is silenced, i can't tell the barbarian that he has to give the cloak back. So i go up and start poking and tug etc and the owner of the cloak came in and saw me in the inn! So a few seconds later i got teleported and accused of stealing the cloak and tring to hide it on some alt. So soon thereafter I was teleported, did some pleading, and managed to survive the ordeal.
So after apologizing to the cleric whose cloak he thought i was trying to yank, he got all pissy and was like "You better go roll antoher char you @$@#$ &^%$ 12 ^$#2  because you will never be grouped with that name!"
After that, i wished i had stolen the damn cloak! so like 2 days after i told him no i wasn't goin to reroll, (i was a 24 thief) the infamous "Dream" happened, and since i level'd em in like a few days, i lost him. After i rerolled, i had to change my name because Gren wasn't appropiate!
that sucked Image

oh, and there were these holy word scrolls.. oh wait.. nevermind...

Frensolith, Elven Warrior

[This message has been edited by Frensolith (edited 01-07-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Frensolith (edited 01-07-2002).]
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Jan 07, 2002 9:59 am

How could I forget the holy word scrolls?

God, we're such twinks, cheesing our way to level 7 like that.

- Ragorn
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Mon Jan 07, 2002 11:45 am

well i got two about two characters. RL friends of mine , they are prolly gonna get mad at me but...who cares:P

a druid and a necro figured out that there was a goat in the mountains between buffs and bs but on backside of mountain who gave level 50 mobs worth of exp but can be killed just as easy as the other goats!they got a shit load of exp this way and were caught and told not to do that crap again.

that very same necro last wipe in the begining of it figured out that every time he lost a level and re-leveled he actually gained more hps at level 21 or so he had 400-500 naked hps i think kia caught him and deleted him. he then proceeded to log on his low level squid and mouthed off to the imms ang got that character deleted.

and mine hrmm where do i start....when i first started here oh about 6 or 7 years ago i got nailed for multiplaying when i honestly didnt know any better and was sitting in the inn in wd. now my lil brother got my started on this game. god rest his soul. he hooked me up with cool eq but i got bored playing a human warrior so i rolled a pally i think or was it a beserker. i think a beserker. jellok!!!!! that was his name. heheh cant believe i remember that. anyway i logged on both my characters but it was so damn spammy inside the in i took them both outside the northern gates when some words came out of what seemed nowhere said and i quote "What in the hell do you think you are doing?!" i responded with i dont know. BAM gone deleted both characters.

as far as the transfer of eq from good race to evil i used to use something like e;n;e;e;rent;0; (hit enter to log back on as goodie) 1;get all;rent;0; wait about 10 15 minutes and log goddie back on got nailed for it once 2 wipes ago or maybe last wipe i dont know.

oh did i forget to mention who the necro and druid were?

Dont worry ARGL and VERARB i wont tell them who it was:P
if ya cant pick on your friends who can ya pick on

------------------
Gogk, Everyone Picks On The Fat Kid
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Jan 07, 2002 3:45 pm

God, I'm a terrible player. I keep thinking of more Image

On Sojourn 2, archery was still being tested and balanced. Well I figured out through trial and error one day that archery did a HELL of a lot more damage than anything else a level 26 could put out. So much, in fact, that I was doing 90% of the damage when we killed WD mobs, and I was notching three times faster than everyone else. So, what did I do, I grabbed a tank (thanks Vandic!) and proceeded to shoot the hell out of cats, tanner, and dockies. I levelled from 26 to 31 in three days and notched archery and range specialist from poor to good in that time.

After the weekend was over, I posted the results, and that day damage experience was nerfed to hell.

Oh, and one last one... abusing one way rooms and range code to solo everything from the displacer beast to Anna.

- Ragorn
The Reason Invoker Tables Are Sooooo Bad!!
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Fri Jan 11, 2002 8:43 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gogk:
<B>a druid and a necro figured out that there was a goat in the mountains between buffs and bs but on backside of mountain who gave level 50 mobs worth of exp but can be killed just as easy as the other goats!they got a shit load of exp this way and were caught and told not to do that crap again.

oh did i forget to mention who the necro and druid were?

Dont worry ARGL and VERARB i wont tell them who it was:P
if ya cant pick on your friends who can ya pick on

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

bahahahah i remember those goats, about 5-6 yrs ago; my trophy musta looked like "75.9 a ram". They changed it quick after i found em tho, sniff
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Fri Jan 11, 2002 8:47 am

hrm

[This message has been edited by Verarb (edited 01-11-2002).]
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Fri Jan 11, 2002 8:48 am

err boy i messed this thread up. Move along.

[This message has been edited by Verarb (edited 01-11-2002).]
Abue
Sojourner

Postby Abue » Fri Jan 11, 2002 1:34 pm

This becomes a very interesting thread. One that almost brings some scornful memories. I have a two year gap of time where I didn't play here because of certain events that happened. The first one was probably my fault but since I was a real live newbie at the time they certain imm. could have been a little nicer about the subject. The second one was what chased me away for a couple of years until Sojourn3 came out and declared they were a nicer mud.

1) I was on as my bard whos name was Thimon. I had ran accross some neat stuff (Mid level eq. heheh) I had some extra on storage. I ran across another real live newbie. I got excited to help someone else out like i got helped out. So I went link dead at the fountain in waterdeep with thimon and pulled out the storage to give some eq away to this newbie. Next thing you know. Both got deleted for Multiplaying. When I tried to plead my case for a possible lessor sentence I got bitch slapped and wsa told not to make a certain some one feel bad cause it wasn't going to work.

2) I was at school at the time. They only real thing I did wrong was... I was mudding while I was suppose to be working. heeh. I was mudding from a dumb terminal at the time. Non of that fancy crap you get with ZMud. Just pure free hand typing. I was in a little group doing exp. I was summoned by a low level imm. and accused of running a group of 4 robots plus my self. Ya right. heeh. keep in mind I was on a dumb terminal. I was using the schools Unix machine which it was my job to maintain. For this silly event I was site banned. Why? Because a certain other head imm. couldn't finger me to verify that I was telling the truth. Just before I was site banned that certain head imm started telling me how to run my site. Now here is where the mischief part comes to play. Being in my position I had access to many different sites that I could log on from. I went on to log on from several other sites and petitioning. "I'M BACK!!! Image" I didn't stop until I had 6 different sites banned and 4 characters deleted. I think they put a stop on character creations to. heeh. Finally the last time I logged on I petitioned. "I am leaving now for good. Not because you are so nice as to site ban me, but because I refuse to patronize an orginization this corrupt and abusive." Then before I could be site banned or deleted I logged off. It sure was nice timing. Duris had just opened its doors from beta the day before.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Jan 11, 2002 3:07 pm

i wonder which immort set that goat up heh. that has god twink written all over it.

anyone remember the 10d10 dualable spellbooks?

on another mud some of us played called kallisti (mana based mud) that we often refered to as exploit mud... there was an undocumented command that infinite major para all mobs in the room. there was silent eq (disabled tell/gsay ect...) but made you invisible to mobs. a god with two mortals one of which was a cleric/invoker/druid (druids could swap hps for mana) and one that was a monk rogue warrior. There was some neat code causing a room to do damage to you for casting earthquake cept a mob the turtle couldnt figure out who was damaging them turtle was worht like 6m exp while level 50 was somewhere in the neiborhood of 120m. monks had a skill that replenished their hits and mana but only once every 24 mins unless you dispelled them then they could do it again instantly. god there were soo many... i prolly havent listed 1/10th of the exploits/cheats.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 01-11-2002).]

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”