Forming a Scorx run today

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
selerial
Sojourner

Forming a Scorx run today

Postby selerial » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:40 am

Ok, I've never done Scorx before, so tips and/or previous leaders or even group members for a Scorx run would be appreciated. After having the first ring for three-odd years, I've finally decided to see if I can get a Scorx run going.

I don't want to interfere or clash with a BC run too much, and I want to try to be flexible with scheduling, but to allow for people to gather I'll aim for April 3rd (a Sunday) as the date, and probably mid-afternoon as the time (say 4pm eastern).

As a general description, which is admittedly only hearsay at this point, I will spawn a fight before we do the run, after which will we have mud week to clear the fight.. (24 minutes x 7 mud days = 168 minutes, or a bit over two and a half hours). There will be a mix of some 30-odd level 50+ mobs, some healers, some chanters, some other, and Scorxariam which is a Red Dragon. It's safe to assume you'll want Protection From Fire gear, but complete ensurance will come in the form of being Realmed. The mobs will all be in the same room and do not track. The fight takes place in a small pocket dimension. For the bulk of the fight, the tactic will be to send in only the tanks and the nukers, using single targets on the healer mobs first, then the other casters, then the others. Obviously, any tactical advice that I can get will be greatly appreciated, especially if any of my information or assumptions are incorrect.

Given a standard run, there will be no rewards for the group, but if I cannot find enough suicidal people, I can probably find an item or two to dice (only if the run is successful). While this will cost you an hour or two, it will be costing me a couple k of plat and three years of non-fire embody grumpiness.

The good news is that, previous to dragon code updates, a Scorx run could be completed fairly safely in an hour or less. The bad news is the dragon code updates... if you're going to plan on making this run, especially the tanks/nukers, expect some number of deaths and CRs, since I don't think post-change Scorx has been tested.

After all the pre-amble, here's my speculative proposal for a group composure. Please respond to this post, PM me, or mwrite me with your availability. I do not have a tell logger so do not consider tells to be valid notification unless I acknowledge it (if I am flagged AFK, I usually am indeed AFK). If someone has a better idea as to how the group should be configured, I'm entirely open to suggestions. I have a 50 ellie and a 43 warrior as available characters, if this gets rolling and I need to use my warrior I'll get him to level 50.

Tanks (3 Warriors)
Vigis 50 War
Pril 50 Pal (alt: 50 Rog, 50 Inv)
Ilashi 50 War

Nukers (5 Invokers/Liches/Elementalists/Illusionists)
-
-
Inama 50 Elementalist
Jalahon 50 Illusionist
Selerial 50 Elementalist (alt: 43 War)

Healers (2 Clerics)
Kaln 50 Cleric (alt: 50 War)
Salen 50 Cleric (alt: Chanter)

Group Healers (2 Bard/Shaman)
-
-

Protection (2 Enchanter/Illusionist)
-
-

CR/Free slot (Rogue/Bard)
Kifle 50 Rog (alt: 48 Sha)

Tentative/Fill In
Rarlaj's 48 Inv
Lahgen Bard
Aristan 50 Anti
Ambar's something (chanter?)
Arilin 50 Dry Smelly Corpse

Note that the classes I have listed are essentially suggestions - it might be that other classes can make due, but having never done this fight I don't know, so I'm looking at the most ideal configuration.

Review Kanenan's Thorn log for a general idea of what we're going to be doing. It can be found at http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15490 <-link

For taking the time to read this, and especially if you can help, thanks!

----- Edited

Also, if you have multiple characters, please indicate which you would prefer to use, otherwise I'll be assigning based on need or whim.

I have added my AIM ID to my profile information, you can reply to this post, pm me, or IM me if you want to discuss anything.
Last edited by selerial on Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:30 pm, edited 16 times in total.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:56 am

I don't think I'll be able to make that, but good luck. For what it's worth, if I am on that day, remind me of your run and I'll see if I can hang around welling people together for you.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:34 am

I'll give you my services, sel. Either as 50 rogue or 48 shaman if you want me. Lemme know.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:48 pm

Ya got me Sel. 50 pallie 50 rogue and eh i guess 50 voker i'll exp him and what not.

Pril
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:16 pm

You've got a tank. Vigis 50 Warrior
rarlaj
Sojourner

Postby rarlaj » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:45 pm

last time i went... the room is flagged fire plane so spell wont do the job of pff... have to have item...

the only good raced character i have is a 48th lvl voker with !inferno !lball.

if you need a fill in, i might be available unsure as my wife being off that day...

Rarlaj
Rarlaj - Athiyk Cretok - Orbdrin D'oloth
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:53 pm

Rer: 48 Warrior -or-
Sakor: 45 Shaman

Let me know.
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:49 pm

Thanks Rarlaj, I've created a Tentative list and added your voker. Lacking areas should be ok for this fight, since it's largely going to rest upon targetted spells (force missile, earthblood, nightmare, ice tomb).

Rer, I think I'm good for warriors (though given the two-three weeks before this thing fires off, that can change, if so I'll contact you). I could use the shaman, although you'll probably want to be at least level 46 for nofail gheals. I'm working on leveling up my warrior, if you want to work together to get our characters to 50, I'll stick you in to the gheal slot.
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:15 pm

Yep, I can definitely get above 46 no problem - just shoot me a tell and I'll be happy to exp with you.

Oh, and Rer >>>>>>> Pril. Make Pril be voker ;)
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:16 pm

You have me if you need someone to lead it.

Aristan, 50 anti. If not, no big deal, I can watch from the sidelines if need be and give advice.
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:13 am

I greatly appreciate the advice you've already given me Aristan, and if there is space to fit you in to the group I'll definitely jump for it. As it stands we're good for warrior types, but I'll put you on the Tentative/Fill In list.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:21 am

No worries. Like I said, I can hang out up there with the group and give you advice and assess the situation between runs since I'll be !aggro.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:57 pm

Ted, I so want to help you .. since we sorta did our quests together ..

I have a lvl 49 elementalist, 47 scaler, 48 bardie, 41 cleric, and various and sundry ebils ...

Michael has his lich and his rangerdork ... he also has his (buahaha) lvl 41 voker guy .... (rofl he just smacked me) ... and a 47 rogue

if we can, we will be there for ya ... let us know what ya need

hugs

-J
jalahon
Sojourner

Postby jalahon » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:10 pm

i dont see why i shouldnt be able to help! Illus for this is kinda neccesary since people who die will need to be gate folded in.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:40 am

In theory I can help out... 50 cleric/49 scaler (no timestop). That's after Spring Break is over so I oughtta be home.
emote Rescuepractice
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:20 am

I've lead it a few times, I'll help and even lead if you want. The extra damage done now by dragon races didn't really seem to impact on Thorn fight, Thorn is 54 or 55, Scorxariam is 53 or so. Seems like only ancient wyrms are significantly worse. Lots of single target nukers good, best to keep chanters, illus, and at least shaman or bard out, and maybe clerics, to keep spells rolling on those doing runs. runs are so short, enough time for one spell only. Might be best to use 2 enchanters to speed up spell up. Maybe one or two dedicated people to get the dead back into the fight. The zone is prime plane but isn't wellable, so you have to smoke the dead, then fold them off smoke, rather annoying. Its also flagged like fire plane so you burn without perm prot fire and can't move without fly. So if you relocate in after death you tend to burn to death and die before you get out of relo lag to loot :P So even mages need help getting back. Embodies for tanks are handy, nothing slows things down more than tank deaths. 3 tanks are minimum, 2 can sometimes manage but when one dies you'd have to stop runs till their back and lose much momentum. There are typically 8ish full healers. Warrior mobs at level 45, 56. Clerics are 48ish, and 51 level enchanters. I usually target the 45 level warriors first to reduce the damage being dealt to tanks fast, scale/displace hits. Clerics don't heal other mobs as fast as they heal themselves, if their spells drop for example they might stop full healing other mobs to spell themselves. But when they are hurt they do nothing but heal till full then respell themselves. I good run before was 1 hour, excellent was 45 minutes. More typical was 1 1/2 to 2 hours with a dozen deaths total. Remind me closer to the actual date, I'm bound to forget! Thanks all who are helping Selaerial, this spell is major big for elementalists.
Lilithelle/Inama
Demuladon
Sojourner

Postby Demuladon » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:21 am

With dragon upgrades.. I wonder if it would be worth keeping elves out of fight till the end?
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:47 am

I doubt I could make it but if I am on and have time I will try to help.
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home
MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:16 pm

A bit over a week left and we still need some people (especially vokers) to sign up. I hate to be spammy, but I'm going to have to start promoting this a bit more until I get a full list.

On the topic of Grey Elves, I am thinking about taking that in to account in the group configuration. While Thorn isn't especially scary (he's a faerie dragon, kinda small?), the MD dracolich was definitely kicking some ass. Obviously we won't know how bad Scorx is going to be until it happens, but if I can get a group configured without grey elves it might be worth it to run that way, for the safety of the group.

Thanks again to everyone that's already signed up or offered to help.
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:50 pm

Finally someone who is going to lead sees the light! Grey elves = bad m'kay?
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev

The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home

MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:13 pm

Crumar wrote:Finally someone who is going to lead sees the light! Grey elves = bad m'kay?

::clears throat and crosses arms::

Excuse me?
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:24 pm

Crummy, Grey Elves are GREAT (in bed or nekkid or both!)

Pril
Elet
Sojourner

Postby Elet » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:55 pm

Pril wrote:Crummy, Grey Elves are GREAT (in bed or nekkid or both!)

Pril

remind me of slavan.... *drool*
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:13 pm

If ya make it the 2nd will be there, with bells on .. gotta work at the *other* job on sunday tho :(
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:41 pm

Sel,
I'm getting internet set up at my new place on Saturday, if things go haywire though, I'll cart the computer over to the neighbor and jack into her connection :) See you Sunday.
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:02 pm

Ok, clearly not wanted since my name still isn't up there. Not gonna bother with exping a bunch then to get to 50 as Rer or 46+ as Sakor by Sunday. Also, making other plans for Sunday afternoon - football in the park!
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:52 pm

rer wrote:Ok, clearly not wanted since my name still isn't up there. Not gonna bother with exping a bunch then to get to 50 as Rer or 46+ as Sakor by Sunday. Also, making other plans for Sunday afternoon - football in the park!

Actually, I didn't know what the name of your shaman is and I haven't seen you on (as Rer) when I've been online with free time. As it stands I'm offering a group with no rewards and a reasonable risk of death, so clearly I'm not going to be choosy about who wants to volunteer for such things.

On the other hand, physical activity probably isn't such a bad thing either. ;+)

I appreciate your offer to help no matter what the outcome is.
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:33 pm

Well, this is it folks, the day has arrived. Remind me to schedule these about a week in advance next time, rather than three weeks. =+P

All you vokers, chanters, and shamen, time to go in to hiding.. I mean come out of hiding today. A large red dragon needs to be fed. Buahahahahahahahaaa.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:40 pm

sigh .. have fun without me :( I work 2-9 EST

best luck!!!
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:39 pm

I'm currently waiting for a student to drop by, so, after our meeting, I'll get on if Zmud will load on my lady's computer...for some reason the free version has a problem with my rig, and I have no Idea why.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:36 pm

How'd it go man?

Return to “General Discussion Archive”