mounted combat auto dismount with 2h weapons

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
kiryan
Sojourner

mounted combat auto dismount with 2h weapons

Postby kiryan » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:17 pm

paladins get mounted combat at level 10

at level 25 I am unable to fight mounted with a 2h weapon... (mounted combat skill 38, mount skill 35).

couple of things.

1. instead of the generic message "I'm afraid you aren't quite up to mounted combat." and the force dismount, why don't you put something descriptive in like you're not skilled enough to fight with a (weapon name) while mounted. Also, how about you unequip the weapon rather than forcing the dismount... you can rewield a sword in combat, you can not mount in combat. Would also be nice if you added the check into the kill command, kill mobxyz "your not skilled enough at mounted combat to fight with this weapon". yes you would still have to leave the combat check in the case of agros spells and ect...

2. a paladin is all about the 2h, shouldn't they be able to 2h pretty much as soon as they get the skill? Dire raiders i can understand since they focus on 1h slashers... but seems odd to me that you have to work up to being able to 2h as a paladin since paladins are emphasized on mounted combat and 2h weapons... I don't know at what level you can 2h while mounted but its about 78 for a dire raider and probably the same for a paladin... which is what around level 40?

That might not make a lot of sense.... also consider you'd have to fight barehanded or possibly 1h weapons until you get mounted combat up high enough...
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:04 pm

well said
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:38 pm

Skill level 75 in order to 2h while mounted, which translates to level 38.

Just an fyi.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:16 am

cry me a river. u just got guard. antis still suck :-P
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:24 am

Downgrade Gura.

Downgrade Sok too while yer at it.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:42 am

Kiryan, you should try going out to the next ren. fair and suiting up in full armor, then ask for a 2h weapon and see how well you do.

FYI, it's a hell of a lot easier without the horse.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:37 am

teflor the ranger wrote:Kiryan, you should try going out to the next ren. fair and suiting up in full armor, then ask for a 2h weapon and see how well you do.

FYI, it's a hell of a lot easier without the horse.

What this has to do with anything, is well beyond me.

Kiryan - it gives antis/paladins something to work for. I think its fine just how it is.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:49 am

at least make the message more descriptive.

your not quite up to mounted combat doesn't quite say try it again with a 1hander.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:02 am

I would rather it force me to remove my weapon than dismount, to be honest. You can find another weapon to wield in combat, but you can't get back on a horse (at least yet).
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:25 pm

Agree with Yasden, the rider already has riding down, it's just the weapon swinging that's not up to par yet. And because antipaladins/paladins can only tank decently on horse, it seems silly of them to dismount. (They should get a little bit of shieldblock skill and a little less mountblock imho, but that's for another thread)
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:12 am

I say maybe add a disclaimer to "help mounted combat"..

"While you are able to ride proficiently, your weapons mastery won't be perfected while mounted until you are ... "

something to that effect

lvl 38 isnt that hard to attain ... I did it with my A-P on BGR/Monestary solo in a few days with sub-par eq ...
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:34 pm

Thats a good point Ambar, reading help mounted combat does explain it pretty well. I never read it before because I already know how the skill works.

The message should be more descriptive for those who dont read help. You shouldn't have to, but it would probably smooth out someone's day in the future.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”