Object Changes, Round 3?

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:53 pm

Sarell don't forget the liquid rock rings from magma... also need to do whole zone and they got nerfed.
kitze
Sojourner

Postby kitze » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:20 pm

gonna have to agree with Sarell and Pril, why is magma gear so horrible considering how long the zone takes and how lousy the rewards are?

you get either the white boots & liquid ring or the killing frost ring. and the crappy red magma boots. both white boots and liquid ring were downgraded into being totally useless. killing frost got an upgrade but it still isn't worth the grief of doing magma for.

and i'm not sure how you can twink these things without a full group?
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:37 pm

The "twinkable" items are the ones on the grid that got major boosts in stats such as the marrionets and tattoo of snakes etc. Really magma has good eq, it's just that the good eq in on the grid and the eq ya have to do full zone for got downgraded. it doesn't make sense to me but when i asked gods about it a while back their reply was: "It's what the eq calc'r told us to do" *shrug*

Pril
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:56 am

I'm not sure stats on magma ring, but i reckon i probably should have been downgraded, it had a lot of hitpoints. Wasn't part of the overall theme of DGs to reduce hitpoints for casters, of course, people just made other rings and gear with more hitpoints after the classic HP stuff was downed, so not sure what's going on there.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:26 am

oh, just heard stats on magma ring, yeh it is a pretty pooey ring for what you have to do to get it, downgrade all the other big rings to bring it into line!? :9 cept raw energy, upgrade that of course :)
Shadow Scream
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:08 am

Disclaimer: if any of this information is incorrect, its been due to my limited involvement here on the mud as of late. Please forgive or just plain ignore the incorrect information.

couple notes regarding eq stats/dispersion....

I haven't played much in the last couple months, so my input will not be on things such as BC, and Magma, but more to the effect of other zones in the 45-50 range. I plan on staging a comeback here soon! Anyhow, here's my .02.

TTF - Make the belt and ring less twinkable. farther into the zone or something. Right now it is way too easy to get them.

Muspel- Invasion loads WAY too often. Too many high level items. Couple tweaks to a couple items in addition to lowering %load chance on the invasion as a whole would probbably do the trick. The only true high-end items that seem to load there in invasion are marble bracer, ice ring, robe.

Jot - Got a couple nice items here for the mid-levels in the regular zone, and a couple in the invasion. The real power seems to be the rares. Perhaps adding a rare or two from the regular rare load to an invasion load would help...

Fire/Air plane - A different random rare other than bow/elvenkind on the final fight would be interesting. Not in addition to, but in lieu of. Might lead to these zones getting done a bit more often.

CC - Seems darn close to great on balance, but seems a BIT low on the range of mage eq compared to the range of the warrior eq (ie not a caster equivalent to the ebony or the diamondine).

SPOB - Last i checked the heart items were still INCREDIBLE items, better than their counterparts from any other zone. Perhaps not reducing their power, but reducing the number of loads for each class to two or maybe three, as opposed to 4-5. Given that hearts are still 1/run, this should still make the zone desireable, just not the top for as many slots.

Clouds - Haven't been there since dragon tweaks, but it makes sense that
the zone as a whole would be more difficult. Maybe now the vermillion sleeves will get untwinked. Nooch. And for gods sakes, vermillion is an orangeish red, not pinkish.

Scorps/Seers - other than the twinkable (or previously so) king fight, the dragon code must have made the drakes a little more difficult, which is probbably trivial at best, but hey....the zone seems pretty balanced.

Attic - Did the fight last night. That dragon tore some stuff up. Maybe give the ring a 5 hp boost or somethin.

As far as specific items based on quests (without giving away specifics!)
- All the dragon scale required items for muspel quests - maybe a tweak?
i know for sure at LEAST the red gauntlets could use an upping, i mean, they're not even pff, and the rest of the gaunts have prots.
- Chlora/Infernos armor - Chlora armor used to be some badass stuff. I suggest it get at least upgraded to something that gets worn occasionally. Even if it is only by rangers.(laugh me!)
- Holy/Unholy avenger - This has ALWAYS tweaked me, that paladins have a more straightforward and easier quest for a comparable weapon. Albeit the stoneskin proc didn't really help in a group, it sure helped in soloing, and was arguably better in that regard. As it stands now, the quest for the deathknell has become a LITTLE harder because of the dragon code, and is still considerably harder than the holy avenger quest. I suggest removing the trivial platemail alltogether, or maybe just giving out 1 spellbook that is !align restricts or something. Giving all that it gives is pretty silly. And, it takes away from the points of the one item the quest was designed around.
- Dscales spell has been made harder by this code. Don't know how to compensate the enchanters for this, but give em somethin! And maybe for elementalists a little bump to elemental mastery bracers. Scoriaxum fight was silly before the upping of dragon stats.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:11 pm

Getting on soapbox for this ONE last time:

And just a further addendum regarding deathknell. For the love of god look at the quests for holy and unholy again. The differences are rediculous.

The quest for holy avenger requires 5 pieces, none of which are rare. There is one "reasonably" difficult fight which is the balor in um2. Doesn't even require a full group. You don't even have to leave prime.

The quest for unholy avenger requires a NUMBER of rares (granted a lot are from the area surrounding the quest itself) including a certain item on a dragon that is relatively highly sought after (and deserves a little looking at due to changes). Also, the unholy avenger requires travel to a plane other than prime, the holy avenger does not require any extraplanar travel.Furthermore the trap laid outside the tower of bone is just frigging rediculous. If i am a brand new player trying to do the quest without knowing all the steps my first time in (and having all the equipment with me to do the quest) you would have to have a rogue pick the trap for you on around 10 seperate occasions. In addition, there are a number of "mini-quests" involved some involving more rares in GC, some involving an evilrace hometown. The monetary portion of that step poses a small financial burden compared to the holy avenger also. Finally, it involves one fight at the end that requires a full zoning group, and the proc on Aralesh does over 1k at a time to whomever may be so lucky as to be tanking the sucker.

The gold platemail and occasionally the elven collar (if you're smart about it) come from the final fight. The spellbooks and sword come from completing the quest for kern. Something needs to be looked at here. The sword is by FAR tougher than the holy, and yet has only comparable stats. I would like to either see a small/moderate increase on deathknell, or a SIGNIFICANT revamp of the holy avenger quest. As it stands now, the quests are hardly comparable.

Del
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:08 am

Um...disagree mightily delmair, the anti sword rocks mightily, and you get lots of other items from that quest aswell, i did it just for the collar. There are piles of those swords just sitting around just from people wanting collar, so it is easy to get by asking one of them to trade it.

Also you forgot for avenger you have to find the pallies. And going off prime isnt very hard... certainly not as hard as fighting the balor in um2.
Shadow Scream
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:07 am

Delmair Aamoren wrote:Getting on soapbox for this ONE last time:

And just a further addendum regarding deathknell. For the love of god look at the quests for holy and unholy again. The differences are rediculous.

The quest for holy avenger requires 5 pieces, none of which are rare. There is one "reasonably" difficult fight which is the balor in um2. Doesn't even require a full group. You don't even have to leave prime.

The quest for unholy avenger requires a NUMBER of rares (granted a lot are from the area surrounding the quest itself) including a certain item on a dragon that is relatively highly sought after (and deserves a little looking at due to changes). Also, the unholy avenger requires travel to a plane other than prime, the holy avenger does not require any extraplanar travel.Furthermore the trap laid outside the tower of bone is just frigging rediculous. If i am a brand new player trying to do the quest without knowing all the steps my first time in (and having all the equipment with me to do the quest) you would have to have a rogue pick the trap for you on around 10 seperate occasions. In addition, there are a number of "mini-quests" involved some involving more rares in GC, some involving an evilrace hometown. The monetary portion of that step poses a small financial burden compared to the holy avenger also. Finally, it involves one fight at the end that requires a full zoning group, and the proc on Aralesh does over 1k at a time to whomever may be so lucky as to be tanking the sucker.

The gold platemail and occasionally the elven collar (if you're smart about it) come from the final fight. The spellbooks and sword come from completing the quest for kern. Something needs to be looked at here. The sword is by FAR tougher than the holy, and yet has only comparable stats. I would like to either see a small/moderate increase on deathknell, or a SIGNIFICANT revamp of the holy avenger quest. As it stands now, the quests are hardly comparable.

Del

Dead horse. Dead horse mutilated beyond any recognition. I brought this up before, many before me have brought this up.

Shevarash pretty much said it wasn't going to be changed. Live with it. Deathknell requires over 16 items(if I remember right), most of them rare. Holy avenger is like what, 5?

Of course deathknell has a bunch more goodies with it though.
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:17 am

Delmair Aamoren wrote:- Holy/Unholy avenger - ...the stoneskin proc

What stoneskin proc?
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:57 pm

fotex wrote:
Delmair Aamoren wrote:- Holy/Unholy avenger - ...the stoneskin proc

What stoneskin proc?

My apologies for bringing the old stats into this. I didnt ask for only an upgrade. i've offered another solution as well. CHANGE HOLY quest. or make it a piece of crap. it is just not at all balanced. And change the rewards for the quest. what sense does it make that you are killing a faerie and spirit knights for good only useable eq? its just plain stupid. How many elves would want to help a lich? and how many liches that lost a hand to elves would want to give them something worthwhile? And just plain get rid of the traps. All they do is annoy.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:08 pm

They seriously downed the rate of the heal proc on it too shortly after the eq changes. Like...big time.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:27 am

Changes to a few items in ZK to bring them in line with what worshipers of that god would wear.

Changes to a few items in MD that you likely won't notice.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:04 pm

Was just pondering the days ponderings and realized...
the two items in the game that are flagged as antipaladin only BOTH
have infra flags. This seems kinda silly to me. Maybe removing
the flag from one of the two items and adding something else
instead would be cool... And given the stats on both items i
don't see why an anti wouldn't want to wear both otherwise, but
still seems strange that this duplication would occur.

Del
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:15 pm

Delmair Aamoren wrote:Was just pondering the days ponderings and realized...
the two items in the game that are flagged as antipaladin only BOTH
have infra flags. This seems kinda silly to me. Maybe removing
the flag from one of the two items and adding something else
instead would be cool... And given the stats on both items i
don't see why an anti wouldn't want to wear both otherwise, but
still seems strange that this duplication would occur.

Del

Yeah, toss it back over to twilight!
BEER
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Wed May 11, 2005 12:57 am

kiryan wrote:I'm all for removing stupid flags on top end gear so it can get effects that stack better.

+1
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:46 pm

Vaprak wrote:
kiryan wrote:
Disoputlip wrote:BC may need an upgrade, but the zone is done a lot.

your insane, its been done < 10 times in the 3 years its been in the game and only what 5 times in the last year 3 of those times in the last 3 weeks?

True, but the trend seems to be leaning towards doing the zone 1/week now if the past 3 weeks are any indication...

Score one for Vaprak.

Mostly I think the things that REALLY need upgrades are the zones that are not done at all. I mean, people continue to do Seelie, SPOB, Izan's, ET/TE, TOTM, OHoP, Meilich, and even places like Brass, SF and the like.

How about something like Blip? When was the last time any of you did Blip? Why don't you do it? Oh, that's right. It's because unless you're doing certain obscure quests, there's NOTHING THERE.

I'm saying this not to point out Blip, but how many similarly discarded zones are there that don't just see minimal use or reduced use, but NO use?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:50 pm

Burmadapig wrote:why? if I'm a drow, max_stat +10 is gonna give me +10 of what the cap is for a drow...if human cap for human, etc.

no matter what race it if it's capped it is fair

I guess I don't really see your point nor understand it

What I'm saying is max_stat should only be able to boost any races stat by 5-10...if you have any more max_stat it is ignored

Uh, some races notch at 102, and some notch at 115 . . . are you sure that a flat +5 or so would be equally fair to all races?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
kitze
Sojourner

Postby kitze » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:35 am

can we upgrade:

a pair of burnt demonhide leggings - make 3 dam?
a wrap of woven whispers - take away hp and add pfg?
a writhing bracelet of noxious fumes - make it decent?

lets make these quest rewards at least worth using :)
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:16 pm

While they aren't object changes, there have been changes made to IC2 fights. Please go try out the zone and see if they are better. More changes might be made based on feedback.

Griffon's Nest has also been made more shaman friendly. Enjoy.

Return to “Object Changes”