Tiamat 6 more weeks, post #3

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
kiryan
Sojourner

Tiamat 6 more weeks, post #3

Postby kiryan » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:10 am

Tiamat is still out and six more weeks have passed for a total of twelve weeks since I started aggressively pushing this topic and over 4 years since it was originally removed.

How much longer are you going to sit up there and tell us to shut up and deal with it, you'll do whatever you want whenever you feel like it? How much longer are you going to continue to present a unified front supporting a course of action that has failed to produce tiamat in over 4 years. How much longer are you guys going to continue to let this reflect poorly on the administration? Why is the staff incapable of delivering on a promise made over 4 years ago and again after the mud split?

Why again can't we imp old tiamat? Because it was too easy? Because it will harm the game? What do you think failing to even come remotely close meeting our expectations is doing?

Do some risk management, approve a parallel project or put together a schedule above all DO SOMETHING.
Thracx V'staluz
Sojourner

Postby Thracx V'staluz » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:24 am

Incessant bitching will certainly hurry it along.

You'd figure someone would learn from the first two unsuccesful rants that this strategy isn't good.

Hey man, if this game in its current state doesn't entertain you, go play another game that does....it's like walking into McDonalds and demanding a taco....it just doesn't work that way.
"Only the educated are free." Epictetes
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:27 am

Well, McDonalds has never said that it would someday have tacos either.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:48 am

can't help but wonder if there would be a need of a voluntary beta run to see how it goes?
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:43 am

Thracx V'staluz wrote:Incessant bitching will certainly hurry it along.

You'd figure someone would learn from the first two unsuccesful rants that this strategy isn't good.

Hey man, if this game in its current state doesn't entertain you, go play another game that does....it's like walking into McDonalds and demanding a taco....it just doesn't work that way.

sitting on our thumbs and kissing @$$ has accomplished what in 4 years?
Thracx V'staluz
Sojourner

Postby Thracx V'staluz » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:45 am

kiryan wrote:
Thracx V'staluz wrote:Incessant bitching will certainly hurry it along.

sitting on our thumbs and kissing @$$ has accomplished what in 4 years?

I don't think this will accomplish anymore than what sitting on our thumbs will....especially since it appears it's not a very vast majority that are just itching for tiamat to come back in...atleast they aren't showing themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I woudl love for tiamat to come back in too...but I don't think this is the best method of showing how anxious we are for it.
"Only the educated are free." Epictetes
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:56 am

so what would be.
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:54 am

kiryan i think you should chill out with tiamat :p
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:14 pm

Thracx V'staluz wrote:especially since it appears it's not a very vast majority that are just itching for tiamat to come back in...atleast they aren't showing themselves.

Thracx it's not that we all wouldn't LOVE to see Tia come back in, we would, but we don't really see a point to taking the apprach that kiryan is taking, and we don't see a point to argue with his approach either since it didn't help in the first 2 rants.

On a different note do Shev or Eil or someone think they could give us an update on the status, even if the status is "Sorry guys shev's been swamped with rl so not much work has gone in lately." would be better than silence.

Pril
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:42 pm

The update for Pril and everyone else that isn't dealing with eternal PMS:

The status of Tia, as of last week, is that she is 85% done.

Shevy has been attacked by that dreaded RL Monster that can apparently kick even Tia's ass. He's reportedly gotten the foe down to pretty hurt and thinks he can have it dead and Tia done within the next month or two, but you all know how tricky those RL Monsters can be.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:44 pm

Thanks Marth
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:53 pm

How on Faerun are you going to beat Tiamat when you can't even beat Choking Palace?
Eilistraee
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:05 pm

Eilistraee wrote:How on Faerun are you going to beat Tiamat when you can't even beat Choking Palace?

Beat Tiamat? who said anything about beating it? We just want to go mass suicide there! :p

Pril
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:06 pm

pwned?
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:58 pm

Eilistraee wrote:How on Faerun are you going to beat Tiamat when you can't even beat Choking Palace?

Why is it I always think Choking Palace is a sexual reference, especially when uttered by a drow goddess?
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:19 pm

No current staff member made the decision to yank Tiamat. If you're pissed that it got taken out 4 years ago, send Miax an email. I've been working on a new version of Tiamat since about December of last year - the dragon code was the first phase of that, obviously. Its pointless and idiotic to hold me responsible for a project that was oft delayed by previous owners of the MUD when I'm spending my free time trying to rectify it.

There are lots of reasons why the old Tiamat can never go back in, some of which are legal in nature and beyond our control. The new one will be bigger, badder, and hopefully more fun.

You can either wait for it or not. Whining, complaining, self righteous demands, and attempted shaming will be duly ignored.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:25 pm

Shevarash wrote:
Whining, complaining, self righteous demands, and attempted shaming will be duly ignored.

In this case, Kiryan, your post on the subject has not gone ignored but instead has earned you your LAST OFFICIAL WARNING before I yank your user account(s) on this BBS.

If you don't like the answers you are given, STOP ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”