Battle (sub-class) idea

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Battle (sub-class) idea

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:39 pm

I remember from the origional Sojourn, you used to receive so many training sessions per level - You could also chose your own specialization. What if a player doesn't have a warrior, warrior-sub, or rogue, but still wants to have fun in melee?

It came to me as a means of having fun with battle bards, aka Izans, battle clerics, battle mages, etc. The catch is if they chose to raise their offense/defense (not sure on mages as they don't get these) the cost would be a reduced effect of spell strength or song verse. Bards are clearly effective either having 50 hps/verse or having an nicer instrument that has 70 hps/verse. For clerics, etc it would allow them to tank or whatever. I'm sure clerics already tank better than rangers, but we won't go there *halo tease* Could introduce a whole new avenue of RP as well.

I don't know how the system works as it is, but my guess is that if you chose to raise a melee attribute, the cap on ..say healing songs or spellcast healing/specialize healing would drop as melee were raised higher.

Lastly, I was wondering since I didn't get any diety reply for a 411 as to my Tensor's Transformation idea a few months ago. This, as well, would add a new 'fun' for mages..
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:05 am

I'm finding it rather hard just to eq melee oriented cleric eq now that I'm actually paying attention to hit/dam for them. Druid/Sham are totally out of luck - not to mention no off/def skill. *poke poke* If ppl agree or not, I'd just like feedback. I think it'd help RP and allow another avenue of playing styles.
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:42 pm

Youre looking at the wrong eq then, you can make a very high hit/dam cleric/shaman, you will be lacking serious hp though
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:45 pm

Well, shaman aren't made for hitters since they don't get offense/defense, but as far as clerics, I don't see why there's not much eq like that in the game that's hps +hit or dam. Bards can't hit crap even with 40 hitroll so I've noticed. Pretty sucky from a fun standpoint :P

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”