Faralee of Silverymoon

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Faralee of Silverymoon

Postby Jhorr » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:06 pm

Is this mob on strike? I've been looking for her for weeks - early in boot, late in boot. I've never seen her so absent.
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:29 pm

She's on strike cuz you all selling her masks.
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:56 am

And I thank you for it.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:01 pm

I havn't seen her for over a year and I have been looking. So yeh I guess they on strike.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:52 pm

Checked the load and it is working correctly.
You guys have been around long enough to know the whole thing about luck/dice rolls/ect, so I won't repeat it.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:37 pm

Thanks for looking into it.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:28 am

Aye thanks Marthammor! I was pretty damn sure it just didn't load, good to know it's just my regular luck pwning me :) *grins*
Shadow Scream
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:09 pm

The bearer may exchange this parchment at any time for his or her reward by presenting the parchment to Faralee of Silverymoon.

NOT!

Has anyone been able to quest her? Maybe that's why I'm missing her?
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Marthammor » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:30 pm

She is a busy gal, she can't wait around in one area all the time you know. So what that really means is you can exchange the parchment at any time she happens to be free and visiting the area. ;)
Vandic
Sojourner

Postby Vandic » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:43 pm

So, anyone found her in the last 2 months?
Vandic wields a massive mithril axe of gazebo chopping.
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Marthammor » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:20 pm

According to recent reports, May 27th was the last time she was visiting the area and someone 'talked' to her.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:57 pm

I found her a while back. She's alive.
Vandic
Sojourner

Postby Vandic » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:33 pm

Marthammor wrote:According to recent reports, May 27th was the last time she was visiting the area and someone 'talked' to her.

The question is, I've heard conflicting reports that she might now be visiting other "areas" as well.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:08 am

I think GN quests are actually becoming easier by loading less. Doesn't that sound ridiculous? Yes, but the problem is, there is no way people can learn the quests without asking someone how it is done, and then they just get the full rundown.

I really dislike rare quest mobs that are either A: just where a quest starts, or B: just where a quest ends, that don't always show up. You can't expect someone to bother doing quests if they go to a zone 50 times, looking for an un-namedsomething that 'might' exist. Some start/end mobs I know where they load and I can't find them, it makes it impossible for someone who doesn't know the quest already to do it, as if the things does load, it will get done in 30 seconds. So people who have heard about the quests or seen the items have no real other option than to ask people where to look for the mob directly if they want to participate in the quest. :( It makes it especially hard fo global or large area quests, including some spellquests. I'd probably leave the ones that are in as classics, but definately something to think about for future zone writers, do you want people to try to work out your quests? Kralgar on the other hand is a realy cool quest, as the start mob is always there, so you can happily get under way.

One of my fondest memories of questing was stumbling onto scorp earring mob and working out the whole quest. I just don't think you could do that anymore.
Shadow Scream
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:41 am

Don't you think that waiting 40+ days for a mob to load is extreme? Especially for one that's just used as a hand in to get rewards?
Vandic
Sojourner

Postby Vandic » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:16 pm

Silverast Rubicyn wrote:Don't you think that waiting 40+ days for a mob to load is extreme? Especially for one that's just used as a hand in to get rewards?

Agree mightily. Of course there're multiple quests in GN/Lurkwood that require 4-5 rares, and with these uber-long uptimes we've been having lately, the low % rareloads just become harder and harder to find.

Pick a rare of your choice. Say he's got a 10% load rate. Assuming an average boot time of 1 day (liberal estimate lately), that means there's only about a 50% chance of him loading in any given week. If you've got 5 people looking for said rare, It could take as long as 10 weeks for person X to find him. Now make it a quest with 4-5 rares that have to be found in the right order and the math becomes downright ugly. If you only really get to play a couple of hours per day on average (like me) you're just praying for a boot during that window...hence the reason I've got an unfinished scorpion earring in my bag that I started some time in 2003.

</whine>
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:00 pm

Sarell wrote:One of my fondest memories of questing was stumbling onto scorp earring mob and working out the whole quest. I just don't think you could do that anymore.

There are those who would say (not neccesarily me, in fact I disagree) that if you don't do it that way, you don't deserve the gear anyway.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:11 am

New angle. If you wan't a chance to check rares. I'll run BC again next weekend :P 4/5 crashes on last 5 trips! AFTER INNER CITADEL CLEARED (3 on bel) *grins*
</venting>
Shadow Scream
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Marthammor » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:13 pm

May 27th was the last time she was quested, I didn't say that was the last time she loaded. It may be the last time she loaded, but I have no way of checking that for sure.

As a player that loves trying to figure out quests, I personally agree that the long uptimes are playing hell with trying to find these super rare mobs and would like to see someway of zones randomly resetting at various times throughout the boot.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:28 pm

I posted an idea somewhere, where you have a few zones with a super long poptimes, like 6 hours. And if area writers want, they could make their zone repop at this time? Not items as these would just get farmed, but quest mobs definately. Or could just change the check for rare quest mobs to load, from depending on a once off item, to each pop to be nice. Would have to think deeply about what ones warrant it.

I don't know about reloading zones entirely, there are a LOT of zones that never get adventured to, and lots with great things that people could probably use that don't get done each boot. If zones repopped people would just do izans over and over.
Shadow Scream

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”