Hmm, Evils, No No,s

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Valke
Sojourner

Hmm, Evils, No No,s

Postby Valke » Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:51 am

After reading Jegzeds post about different attitudes towards now-day evils, a few questions popped into my head. I was wondering? What are the No-no,s What is it that evils shouldnt do? Now through playin an evil I am aware of a few things, However I am still new to Sojourn. Maybe we can clear a few things up. Maybe this has already been discussed. If so can someone tell me of the post.
Thrand
Sojourner

Postby Thrand » Sat Feb 23, 2002 4:21 am

Sure I can tell ya what not to do as an evil.
Don't not add jegzed to ur exp, but once jegzed is added dont add any more or he wont get a lot of exp. *Snicker*

Oh and don't post on the bbs, most evils find it whiny. But when you do post make sure
you point out how the goodies are responsible for all that is wrong with the mud.

signed
Unsigned
Azzzmohazzz
Sojourner

Postby Azzzmohazzz » Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:00 pm

Well valke, few things I've noticed about evil life.. Don't ask for bids when people are doing handouts (a tell stating a preference is what you get, dicing is generally only done on the goodie side).
Don't sell/trade UD-only items to goodies (especially psilk eyepatch).
Don't leave zoning groups midrun unless you absolutely have to. (even if they go somewhere nasty like smoke invasion)
Don't complain of handouts, generally they are pretty darn fair and go by your level, if you want better handouts, get to 50.
And, most importantly of all: CONSENT the squid before asking for a shift, and for the love of god find me a target and get his consent too Image. *nog me*

[This message has been edited by Azzzmohazzz (edited 02-23-2002).]
rachaz
Sojourner

Postby rachaz » Sat Feb 23, 2002 4:16 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Valke:
<B>After reading Jegzeds post about different attitudes towards now-day evils, a few questions popped into my head. I was wondering? What are the No-no,s What is it that evils shouldnt do? Now through playin an evil I am aware of a few things, However I am still new to Sojourn. Maybe we can clear a few things up. Maybe this has already been discussed. If so can someone tell me of the post.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The most important thing I have realized about evils is that you must treat everyone with the same respect and kindness you would want back. I was affected by the same person that jeg posted about but chose not to post on the board as one post is enough about it. When you are evil raced, you have to realize there are not as many of us as goodies. We need to all work together to overcome the lack in numbers.

If you follow the golden rule when playing as an evil, you will be asked to group most likely. If you are looking for masses of people that don't really have to care about each other, play goodie Image If you insult a druid as good race and can't get a moonwell, there will be ten new ones tomorrow.

Also, even though people say that evils have lost what they once were, I appreciate what they are now. I have never had so much fun just hanging out and talking. I believe most evils are nicer in general to each other because of the forementioned reason.

Rachaz

[This message has been edited by rachaz (edited 02-23-2002).]
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:07 pm

Okay, I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here, and risk getting my toes stepped on doing something that's not exactly ontopic, but this is getting old. I'm a goodie, but that doesn't make me a bad person, nor does it make me difficult to work with, greedy, selfish, or any of the things I'm accused of being simply because I prefer to play a good aligned race. It seems more to me that the people who are giving evils fits right now are the ones who play a character not because that's the class/race they want to play, but because that's the class/race which will net them more gain. Once upon a time the evils were supposed to be MUCH more difficult to play, so the people who wanted an easy road naturally chose goodies. It's not that way anymore, and the people you're fingering as just wanting a free ride are figuring out that getting it isn't so tough on the evil side now. Yes, maybe it USED to be that the evils were the ones who were seeking a challenge, which is what kept away the people you're sorry to have with you now, but there's a great number of people on the goodie side who are just as "decent" as you are, it's just that the slackers are migrating. Once upon a time, if playing evil hadn't been actual work, the evil side might have been just as populated with them as the good side was. To keep going on that all goodies suck because it used to be easier for these people on the goodie side is a real insult to those of us who really try to be an asset to those around us, and there's a lot of us who do.

Instead of turning every other damned thread that comes up into an evil vs. goodie flamefest, isn't it possible that maybe these people you're having problems with are neither, that they are simply the people who will take what they see as the easiest route to get whatever they can get? There are devoted evils, and there are devoted goodies, both sides are full of people who choose to play the race they've chosen to play for more than just how much they can use it to take advantage of the system. Then after that there are the other ones, they used to have it easier on the goodie side because of the obvious disadvantages there were to being an evil, but because of their inherent nature, they're going to where the pickings are good.

Goodies? Evils? Feh, rats are rats, and they're going to go wherever the cheese is easiest to get. The ones who want to be a devoted evil will learn, the ones who just want your cheese will keep switching back and forth to whichever works the best for them that day.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:50 pm

I reiterate my point which coincides with Ashiwi's- The 'community' you so desire is a product of the people, not of the race you chose. I'm sorry if there are those who are playing evil race who don't see eye to eye with this commune system you desire.

Yayaril
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Sun Feb 24, 2002 2:29 am

when i rolled up this wipe as a troll i met turg and krolb. i rememberd their names from the who list from all those years ago. the first thing they told me after we became friendly and the first time i met blung...

"dont tell him you were a goodie"

whatever. i deal with haughty people daily, they are called professional photographers. these people always think their stuff is soooo great when i've seen better stuff shot with a Minox. i've asked this before, and i ask it again, WHY must people who were once a good race and decided to change now be looked down upon by the handful of 'old skool' evils? this makes no sense. my ability to choose what i do is one of those freedoms we are fighting the taliban et al. terrorists for, and when an evil tells me that i cant make any choices that is the level i compare them to.

your time on this game is yours to do with as you please. follow sok if you prefer bidding, but keep in mind he dont like it if you a caster and you bidding on stuff you cant use. other people's alts will take priority over you if it's your first time with that leader in the hand out system.

selling ud stuff azz? dood do you realize how many unknown good char posts from level 5 people i see on the flea board in wd selling psilk eyepatches and lapis and runeds? a LOT! there are a few folks who can actually solo the psilk eyepatch quest, hell a DS member only recently named one of them folks. you think cherzra had 15k plat 6 weeks after open from killing mobs???

rambling....

for the oringinal poster, if you want to be evil, dont try to stand out or be different. dont let anyone know you were once a good race if that even applies, and be quick with the insults against the good players you dont know - you'll be accepted that way!
Azzzmohazzz
Sojourner

Postby Azzzmohazzz » Sun Feb 24, 2002 2:39 am

Just so everybody knows, I am also a goodrace char (Odpol) and I didn't mean to imply goodies lacked some qualities evils didn't. I generally find people here are inviduals, with doofs and nitwits and cool people on both sides of the heap. All I was doing is climbing on a soapbox and saying the stuff I hear a lot on the evil side, and try to adhere to myself Image.
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Sun Feb 24, 2002 7:41 am

I think its kinda neat to have a little rivalry between good and evil!! I understand the way things are, and I am simply questing for more knowledge on do's and dont's. I really dont wanna piss anyone off. I am sure there is a balance somwhere. Image

Ashiwi; Hi, I dont think your a bad person, But youd be a better one if you looked like a drow!! Image Image
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Sun Feb 24, 2002 8:47 am

Grintor is disillusional. Evils have no problem with people who were once goodies. I was a goodie on Toril and now I'm an evil. Todrael is evil first time around this boot too. There are many others. Many people know that and there was never any problem. What happened with Grintor was that he constantly whined and reiterrated the fact that he had been around for 6 years as if that meant anything. Sojourn is a group oriented mud and everyone has his share of work and value. If you think you are above everyone else then obviously people are not going to like you. On the goodie side it's easier because the number of players. On the evil side, almost everyone knows everyone else and information travels fast. Respect others and others will respect you. Help others and others will help you. It's that simple. As long you keep that in mind, you will do great on the evil side.

Yssilk
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Sun Feb 24, 2002 9:12 am

hey yssilk, i was told 'dont tell folks you were once a goodie' less than a month after wipe. my only char at the time was....er....level 23 i believe. my whining started cause i think the handout system is absolute BS, which i still do when i see shit handed out to folks alts over the guy in the group who needs it for the char he's there with. rich get richer, blah blah blah!
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sun Feb 24, 2002 11:33 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grintor:
<B> you think cherzra had 15k plat 6 weeks after open from killing mobs???

I just love when some nobody tosses my name around in threads in which I am not involved at all. Ok, have it your way.

How the fuck would you know how much money I had at what point in time, and exactly how I got it? Do you have access to my character? Just because you are an idiot and don't know how to get it, doesn't mean that other people don't. Go ask other people with some skills how much money they have. You want to know the answer to this debate going on about new vs old evils? Well I'll tell you what a sure-shit way is to get yourself fucked, it's by posting this shit. Idiot.
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Sun Feb 24, 2002 2:50 pm

Can this post be deleted now! Got a little off the subject. Image
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Sun Feb 24, 2002 6:17 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grintor:
<B>hey yssilk, i was told 'dont tell folks you were once a goodie' less than a month after wipe. my only char at the time was....er....level 23 i believe. my whining started cause i think the handout system is absolute BS, which i still do when i see shit handed out to folks alts over the guy in the group who needs it for the char he's there with. rich get richer, blah blah blah!

Grintor:
i agree all the way. which is why you should say (especially when they really need you) "i'm not grouping unless u guys play fair and give eq to those who need it!" *shrug* that might make u an outcast tho hehe. like don't worry about some lowbie having better eq than u , cos maybe u can prove that ur such a good player, u don't need that fancy eq! when i get lvl. 50 i'm gonna zone/fight with out any eq just to see if i can do it!

and yes evils do care if u have a goodie, but of course not all do Image like the ones that freak out cos u used to be a goodie are just retards so it's all good Image
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Sun Feb 24, 2002 8:29 pm

Just wanted to throw in a thought. From everything I've seen here over the years, evils have always been a small tight knit group of people. Not necessarily a click per say, but a group of people that stuck together, and to group with them, you had to give them your dedication and time, otherwise you didn't get theirs.

I've always seen things like this

Goodies operate more like an economic unit. Buy, sell, trade, make money.
Evils operate more like a family or group of close friends. Go for the glory as a group, respect the group, help the group, be dedicated to the group.

People like Yssilk who once were on the good side and went to the evil side can give the dedication needed to easily be accepted. Others are just out to make money and get equipment. Those are generally the ones who don't make it easily on the evil side of the races.

Neither is bad, just hard sometimes for the different sides to see eye to eye.
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Sun Feb 24, 2002 9:10 pm

er cherz? you posted a log about a month after wipe and in it you typed 'score' and everyone asked how the hell you had that much money so fast..it was 15k...i'll go find the link....

i could be wrong. perhaps you did get that much money so fast from killing mobs, or have some money secret. or maybe it was from selling pbone shields cause folks paid stupid amounts for them back then.

[This message has been edited by Grintor (edited 02-24-2002).]
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:50 am

God, I SO disagree ... noone cares if you were a goodie previously ... this isnt REAL racewar so who really cares!!! You'd probably get congratulated for switching to the *right* side if you tell anyone :P

I love my close knit family of evils Image We do care for eachother more, and I agree that it is a "glory for the group not the individual" type thing.. I dont see the nasty attitudes of the evils that I saw as a goodie .. In general, evils help eachother more.. whether it be levels, a nice piece of eq, a quest .. I love the fact that we go running to try to help another evil ..

A guy I had never met before helped me CR in Blood Bayou a couple weeks ago (I should have spiritwalked to 2.corpse :P) ... he died SIX times during the CR .. and never complained once about it... in fact he has become a close friend since then ... I love ya Green Ushie Image

To all my evil friends, thank you Image Thanks for being there when I need you Image Thanks for putting up with me and my quirks (at least im not the spamqueen i once was .. you'd roll your eyes HARDCORE)

-Ambar Squish Squid -=- Still searching for that elusive nice Ogre boy momma told me about -=-
taelin
Sojourner

Postby taelin » Mon Feb 25, 2002 5:35 pm

Best advice for evil life? Take yer lumps, things turn around if you keep at it. Evils in general have their close knit groups. If you take some abuse or get left out its to be expected. You dont expect Folur to leave his buds in the cold so you can come with him either. That being said, talk to folks, do a good job playing you're class and you'll get some respect over time. Is it everything you wanted? Well thats up to you.

If people stick with it the day should come when evils have 2-3 groups wandering the mud for this and that.

Last peice of advice? If you are a goodie converting to evil, don't be excessively lazy and roll a drow just because you get near people fast. You know the mud from an infra/daylight perspective, use it to your advantage! You will not, I guarantee, be able to compete with someone who has been playing with ultravision for years, its a whole different mindset.

Sobu, very talkative for a whisper.
taelin
Sojourner

Postby taelin » Mon Feb 25, 2002 5:35 pm

Best advice for evil life? Take yer lumps, things turn around if you keep at it. Evils in general have their close knit groups. If you take some abuse or get left out its to be expected. You dont expect Folur to leave his buds in the cold so you can come with him either. That being said, talk to folks, do a good job playing you're class and you'll get some respect over time. Is it everything you wanted? Well thats up to you.

If people stick with it the day should come when evils have 2-3 groups wandering the mud for this and that.

Last peice of advice? If you are a goodie converting to evil, don't be excessively lazy and roll a drow just because you get near people fast. You know the mud from an infra/daylight perspective, use it to your advantage! You will not, I guarantee, be able to compete with someone who has been playing with ultravision for years, its a whole different mindset.

Sobu, very talkative for a whisper.
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Mon Feb 25, 2002 6:03 pm

I have really only played one-evil for any amount of time. Vhoc.

What I learned about the evil race during that time was that "evil groups" are centered around their "Zone leader". Everyone that was attached to a certain zone leader became friends and a tight knit family, everyone else was secondary.

It was simple, you logged on, and you were grouped no matter of the time, place, or zone they were in.

I always liked that about the evil side.

A few guilds on the goody side were the same way.
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Mon Feb 25, 2002 6:38 pm

Edit: wow, why in god's name would I have wanted to post on this thread! Image

[This message has been edited by Mplor (edited 02-25-2002).]
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Mon Feb 25, 2002 6:46 pm

Grintor the thing you fail to get is that the reason evils have disliked you is because you are a whiney little idiotic ass, and not because you were a goodie before.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Feb 25, 2002 8:59 pm

dude, grintor. i suggest u no longer post on bbs.

ashiwi the topic was how to fit in as an evil. not goodies are bad or evil are better. there already post where corth made the point of they are different and not either.

but back to topic of fitting in.
dont be stupid. dont think u better than another person. dont whine. if u get piss dont post it, cuz u are asking for death.

sok
Vazzgo
Sojourner

Postby Vazzgo » Mon Feb 25, 2002 10:05 pm

I havent played much this wipe, but i been playing in both. well what i can say is that it doesnt matters if you are in one or the other.

1.- Play with respect.
2.- Never ever whine for loots if you arent the zone leader or if you are lower of the average lvl of the group.
2.5.- Never whine for the weather, your class, race, if you have hair in your ass.. we all are in the same game, so, its pretty equal for everyone.
3.- Have fun.. if you do, ppl will have it too and you will make loyal friends
4.- Act humility (or whatever its spelled)
5.- ahh.. try to hang out and take care each other with the same group of friends.. lvl doesnt matters.. at the end they will support you on everything.

Like i said, these rules apply on any side. One side its not better than the other side, it's just the way you see things.. the only difference on evils is that since they are fewer you tend to group with the same ppl at the end.. but goodies are exactly the same ppl just more.. wich in most cases it's better.

[This message has been edited by Vazzgo (edited 02-25-2002).]

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”