Sojourner
Location: Not close enough to stalk... Latitude 45°30'30" Longitude -121°50'30"

Postby Hsoj » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:54 pm

what 2 airports were close?
-==~ Tafah Auvry'ar'lyl | Fatah Fire Bath ~==-
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:03 pm

Southbend and Ft. Wayne are the closest; however, Indianapolis is pretty close to me and Chicago is about 2.5hrs from Jen/Dranix. But I'm sure SB and FW are the preferable two since they're roughly 45 mins to an hour away from either of us.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:37 pm

Just a travel tip: If any of you live in a city that Southwest Airlines services, go to their website and sign up for Ding. I can get a flight from Omaha to Chicago for $25 (one way of course) and the same rate for the flight back. You have to buy about a month in advance, but the rates are very cheap.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:20 pm

FYI...

jenera wrote:For those of you flying, unfortunately, northern Indiana airports are too small so no flights come in past midnight and doesn't support Southwest airlines. In order to use Southwest, you'd have to fly into Midway Airport in Chicago and rent a car and drive the 2.5 hours to northern Indiana.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:25 pm

I live in Jersey, and I'm debating on whether I should fly or drive. If I do drive, I'd be renting a car, and wouldn't mind splitting the cost of the car/gas with anyone who wants to go along for the ride. Just let me know.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:33 pm

Silverast Rubicyn wrote:I live in Jersey, and I'm debating on whether I should fly or drive. If I do drive, I'd be renting a car, and wouldn't mind splitting the cost of the car/gas with anyone who wants to go along for the ride. Just let me know.

Oh, you tease. :)

Road trip!--and I'm not kidding!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:35 pm

Woot! Bring the Birile!!
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:57 pm

Vigis wrote:$10 bucks on Dranix to take out Kifle when Jenera gives the word. I won't give odds for characters, but IRL if anybody wants to back Kifle at 2 to 1, I've got it :P

Disclaimer: Since this is not a betting site, I'm not really putting odds out there. However, Vegas has Kifle as a 10-1 underdog :p

I'm placing my bet on..........

Kifle wrote:Chingate! I'm still learning :(

It's okay, Kifle, I speak it better than I spell. I haven't really practiced my spanish writing skills ohhhh..about 12 years or so..:P El queso esta podrido! donde esta el bano?

back to original topic, I'm glad to see that Janera can be a bit more relaxed now with the help she's getting. :) Everything will be fine! cheers!
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:04 pm

If anyone else lives in Uzbekistan and wants to carpool to share gas and tolls and stuff, let me know.
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:31 pm

actually, i can't get a non-stop flight and thing that's one of my layovers
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:31 am

OMG Bump!! I almost couldn't find this!
malakwee
Sojourner

Postby malakwee » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:39 am

Oh man! living in malaysia sucks when it comes to wanting to attend something on the other side of the world.

First grats to the lucky couple... pictures! dont forget! Let us on the other side of the world feel happy for you too and be envious!

And grats to the community that is gathering... would be wonderfull to attach a face to all the fantasy characters that I see and meet, love and hate...

Warmest regards
Malakwee
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:28 am

Bumps and more bumps
Hopefully more people are finding that it's more plausible to attend. I'm usually always near the computer somewhere if you have specific questions. For all of those who wanted to help me cook, I'll run through some kind of menu with you guys in the future, will be taking a list of names about March/April, still looking for individuals who want to volunteer their skills and talents for my wedding so I can cut the costs of holding a gathering and a wedding the same weekend, and for those of you who still have no idea about this, you can always look at the pictures!

http://tangible-illusion.com/gallery/torilmud

Enjoy!
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006

Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'
Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'
Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'
Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'
Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:34 am

Jenera wrote:still looking for individuals who want to volunteer their skills and talents for my wedding

It is possible I could bust out my world famous tripod if coaxed enough.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:03 pm

I'm sure you still carry the scar, Kifle.

muma
Sojourner

yay, gathering.

Postby muma » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:27 pm

i'm going to try to come, but it depends on what i'll be doing in the summer. anyway, it's exciting :D i had a lot of fun at the last 2.
Es gibt keinen Löffel!
Miax OOC: 'Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.'
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:29 am

Jenera wrote:So it has been decided. Dranix and Jenera are getting married in real life on August 5th, 2006. Hope to see everyone there.

Everyone should have pocket pc's there so this wedding can be simulcast as a MUD wedding as well! :)

Congratulations!
Io

Olit tells you '2000hrs on each of your 5 corpses'
Dugmaren responds to your petition with 'It'd be less spammy if you just deleted again.'
Lilithelle says 'to divine most peoples fates you need to read palms or tea leaves, but in ionari's you just read the corpses'
Alurissi tells you 'no, you're not safe, you're a suicide machine'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:19 am

Ionari wrote:
Jenera wrote:So it has been decided. Dranix and Jenera are getting married in real life on August 5th, 2006. Hope to see everyone there.

Everyone should have pocket pc's there so this wedding can be simulcast as a MUD wedding as well! :)

Congratulations!

You financing?

goroz
Sojourner

Postby goroz » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:57 pm

Gonna be a good time cant wait!!!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:07 pm

http://tangible-illusion.com/gallery/torilmud/DSCF0122

Is that a bottle of fiji water? Who's the homo on the right?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:07 pm

Dalar wrote:http://tangible-illusion.com/gallery/torilmud/DSCF0122

Yes, it is fiji, and that is neo.

rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:48 am

Hei, I will be there for sure and will be happy to help with whatever I can. Even if it means being the drunk one so that everyone else looks good by comparison! (j/k - not doing that again!)

I will most likely be flying in - since I'll probably have 100k freq flyer miles left (after spending 200k on 2 tix to Hawaii to get me and the girl down to my cousin's wedding in June) - i'm on a plane too damn much :) But, even when it's too expensive to fly, at least i can get on a plane at any time, which is nice, so I guess it has it's perks :)

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing you all again!
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:11 pm

Kifle wrote:
Dalar wrote:http://tangible-illusion.com/gallery/torilmud/DSCF0122

Yes, it is fiji, and that is neo.

I always thought that was Geo.
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:23 am

On again, off again, on again, off again, yes I feel like a total twit. Unlike people with lots of savings and good credit and all that, Derek and I needed a loan to make this wedding go through. We discovered our credit wasn't good enough due to moments of bad financial decisions and lost jobs and we were denied multiple times. No money, no wedding. Yes, a lot of people have suggested all kinds of things to make it happen, but whether the wedding costs a couple hundred or multiple thousands, it's not happening. So sorry to all the folks I got involved in this. Derek and I will probably go to the courthouse in the next month or so and sign the paperwork and be married and who knows, one day in the future, you guys can come see us have a wedding.

The gathering is still on as that's not a huge expense and I'll put aside the little bit of money for that and people have already commented that they'll donate a buck or two.

Now you guys get to suggest several things and for the love of god, could you guys be serious about it? I will readily admit that the current situation is completely my fault, but of course I'm not happy about it. The gathering is about 6 months away. I need a slogan and food suggestions. The slogan I liked best from a previous thread was TorilMUD - The Text Adventure Your Friends Will Never Understand. If you guys can think of something better, please tell me. As for food, fingerfood type things were suggested, but other than crab rangoon, deviled eggs, and chocolate chip cookies, I'm coming up blank.

Something else I'd like to request is what we can do on Saturday. Friday is for the meet and greet, everyone arrives, talk, eat, drink, hate/love each other. There were suggestions of going bowling or something. Last year we went to the mall, had supper at a buffet type restaurant, and went to the bar. Considering what happened last year, I really don't want to go to the bar again. If I can find out how much it costs to rent the community center for a few hours, maybe we can get a huge poker game going on.

Once again, sorry about the turn of events, no one is more disappointed than I. Have a good night folks.

ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:49 am

wha?
no bar, no pub, no all get drunk and fall over, no getting raucous with the locals?
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:34 pm

Can you guys possibly rent a hotel meeting room or something of that sort? Then take a big square hunk of wood and make a sign that reads "Inn of the Dead Orc"
Kallinar goes MOO
Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:21 am

We should just get Pril to be ordained as a minister in time to preside over the ceremony!!

He'd be like the first Jewish Minister evar!

Seriously, though. I know things are a little tight, but maybe we do a "reception" as our event Saturday night so that you're not missing out on all the wedding fun.

If we were to do a potluck, we could make it work! We'll find a way to do something fun for you two - especially considering everything you have done for us!
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:10 am

Jenera wrote:Now you guys get to suggest several things and for the love of god, could you guys be serious about it? I will readily admit that the current situation is completely my fault, but of course I'm not happy about it. The gathering is about 6 months away. I need a slogan and food suggestions. The slogan I liked best from a previous thread was TorilMUD - The Text Adventure Your Friends Will Never Understand. If you guys can think of something better, please tell me. As for food, fingerfood type things were suggested, but other than crab rangoon, deviled eggs, and chocolate chip cookies, I'm coming up blank.

Something else I'd like to request is what we can do on Saturday. Friday is for the meet and greet, everyone arrives, talk, eat, drink, hate/love each other. There were suggestions of going bowling or something. Last year we went to the mall, had supper at a buffet type restaurant, and went to the bar. Considering what happened last year, I really don't want to go to the bar again. If I can find out how much it costs to rent the community center for a few hours, maybe we can get a huge poker game going on.

I say we do dinner at golden corral again.. much easier than tryin to cook a dinner for all those people ;)
Bowling also sounds fine.. I don't have a clue as far as a slogan.. I'm no good with that stuff.. now for the finger foods.. it is going to be august.. I've got a recipe called veggie pizza.. umm.. I'm workin on ideas for finger foods :) Lemme go through some more recipe books I'm sure I'll come up with a few :)

Oh, and whose couch/chair do i get to crash in/on this time?? :P
Lemme know who wants to volunteer a spot to me :)
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:28 am

You know, I make some killer buffalo wings! and I'm fairly sure there is some law somewhere against gathering more than 10 hungry males in a room without buffalo wings....
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:20 pm

malakwee wrote:Oh man! living in malaysia sucks

agree, you should move.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:34 pm

Hi.

I'll probably go, and I'll probably rent a car and drive from the east coast if anyone else is interested in splitting the cost (I know Birile is).
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:12 pm

Silverast Rubicyn wrote:Hi.

I'll probably go, and I'll probably rent a car and drive from the east coast if anyone else is interested in splitting the cost (I know Birile is).

Add Pril and Jake and that car will have a common theme.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:25 pm

Dalar wrote:

Add Pril and Jake and that car will have a common theme.

People you want but can't have?
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:24 am

I think he was referring to the fact that they all get more women than he does.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:18 am

Ashiwi wrote:I think he was referring to the fact that they all get more women than he does.

ZIING!

Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:32 pm

I share your sentiment

selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:12 pm

I always imagine that it might be interesting to meet everyone.. it's something I'm vaguely considering. If I were to go I was thinking I'd just fly or something, but I guess going with random people I don't really know in a car to somewhere I'm not familiar with could be fun! <.< >.> Maybe.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:24 pm

Silverast Rubicyn wrote:Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.

I agree. Circle gets the square

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:20 pm

You bother because we lub and miss you.... AND you promised me a waltz!

Even if Hei isn't getting married we can still waltz under the starlight.

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:33 pm

selerial wrote:

I always imagine that it might be interesting to meet everyone.. it's something I'm vaguely considering. If I were to go I was thinking I'd just fly or something, but I guess going with random people I don't really know in a car to somewhere I'm not familiar with could be fun! <.< >.> Maybe.

Just don't let him drink until you've reached Indiana and you should be fine :)

Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:08 pm

Ashiwi wrote:

Its a date!

Update: After speaking with Birile last week, we decided to do the driving thing. I'll be leaving from New Jersey, picking Birile up in Albany, then heading out to Indiana. From Albany, its about an 11 hour drive (I'm sure I can cut that down :D).

Anyway, if people are serious about going, and want to carpool (splitting the cost of the rental/gas), please PM me so we can get a plan together. I'm not going to be offering forever, because I don't want to change plans at the last minute.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:34 pm

Silverast Rubicyn wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:

Its a date!

Update: After speaking with Birile last week, we decided to do the driving thing. I'll be leaving from New Jersey, picking Birile up in Albany, then heading out to Indiana. From Albany, its about an 11 hour drive (I'm sure I can cut that down :D).

Anyway, if people are serious about going, and want to carpool (splitting the cost of the rental/gas), please PM me so we can get a plan together. I'm not going to be offering forever, because I don't want to change plans at the last minute.

Oh no ya don't. You're mine for that 11 hours. I don't like to share, bad enough I'll have to share w/ Kelly once we get there.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:37 pm

sotana wrote:You know, I make some killer buffalo wings! and I'm fairly sure there is some law somewhere against gathering more than 10 hungry males in a room without buffalo wings....

I love hot blondes who can cook.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:53 am

Birile wrote:Oh no ya don't. You're mine for that 11 hours. I don't like to share, bad enough I'll have to share w/ Kelly once we get there.

You don't want to share with me??? I'm hurt. Truly.

muma
Sojourner

guess what

Postby muma » Mon May 15, 2006 7:56 pm

i got a summer job, so i'm going to the gathering!
Es gibt keinen Löffel!
Miax OOC: 'Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue May 16, 2006 4:07 am

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue May 16, 2006 5:16 am

That is one sexy ass if I do say so myself.

Larble
Sojourner

Postby Larble » Tue May 16, 2006 4:24 pm

I'm hoping to make an appearance but I'm closing on a house next Friday so I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make it this year. I'll have to make sure Pril and Rer hoist some beers for me if I can't make it!!

Furbie
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue May 16, 2006 11:55 pm

::gasp::

What do you mean you're not gonna make it, Larble????

Who are we gonna sing "Stacey's Mom" to?

::whimper::

Return to “General Discussion Archive”