Sojourn Auction

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Elinera
Sojourner

Sojourn Auction

Postby Elinera » Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:47 pm

The idea is that I thought it would be fun if we had a people auction of sorts. I thought it would be a fun event and good roleplaying experience. The general plan is to have a bachelor/bachelorette auction where mudders agree to be a buyer or to be sold.

1) Hoping to have evils involved in this so it would have to held in a neutral area where both races can attend.

2) There would be a minimum bid of 25p per person agreeing to be sold.

3) If money is a problem, equipment can be used.

4) I would need a list of people who would agree to be sold and a list of people who would just want to buy.

5) Whoever is bought is NOT to be maltreated, insulted, or maligned in anyway. This is supposed to be fun and amusing.

6) The money that is bid will go to the person being bought. Example: Yayaril is up on the "block" to be sold. I am the highest bidder of, let's say, 100p. The 100p would go to Yayaril.

7) I plan on holding a contest of some kind, a raffle or a best emote contest which would have a monetary prize that I myself will donate from my personal fund.

8) Once bought, the buyer and the bachelor/bachelorette agree to a time limit. That person also has the right to decide what they will and will not do. I'm getting a lot of these ideas from when I was in highschool and we had a "Rent a Senior" day. The seniors that were bought were made to wear silly costumes and wear silly signs, say silly things. I say that the two people must negotiate their time spent together only because mudders never know when they can log on or would have to log off.

9) I have received a concern about those mudders who play an opposite sex than from what they really are. That is none of my business and if you wish to tell the person you are buying or is buying you the reality of things, that is completely up to you.

10) I will not be buying anyone nor be putting myself up for sale as I am running the event. I am neutral so to speak.

I have received positive reactions to this idea from about 20 people and hoping more people would find this entertaining. My plan is if I get enough interest, I will begin right away in setting this up and once all the arrangements are made, to wait one or two weeks before launching it.

If you have any questions or ideas, please post it here as I check it religiously. I would request that I get real suggestions and real questions and no jokes.

Thanks for your time

Jenera a.k.a. can't remember her password and is using her druid's name
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Mar 06, 2002 11:00 pm

Gladly include me for sale, but I better go for more than 100 platinum..

Yayaril
Elinera
Sojourner

Postby Elinera » Wed Mar 06, 2002 11:17 pm

Heh, it would all depend on how much a person is willing to pay for your insanity, now wouldn't it, Yaya. But everyone who is being sold will start at minimum bid of 25 p.

Jennie
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:07 am

Elinera has 100% of my support! Image
come on ppl now! i know u want to buy someone!
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:49 am

I volunteer myself and touk for this...and i also think that whoever runs this...aka you...should take 10% of the earnings.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:20 am

Sounds like this should be a blast.

So can I get a bunch of women and pimp them off at this thing? *cackle*

[This message has been edited by rylan (edited 03-06-2002).]
Elinera
Sojourner

Postby Elinera » Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:00 am

Thanks for your support. Just let me know if you guys are willing to be sold or you will be just purchasing the "goods" Hehehehe. Image
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:53 am

I will be sold, as long as it's not do that pimp rylan...I cant imagine what the hell he would use me for, and dont want to.
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:55 am

this would be spammy, very spammy.

perhaps the coders could work an auction area of the bbs here that works/smells/looks like ebay? that would be cool Image

have to pay in plats, no real cash.
Elinera
Sojourner

Postby Elinera » Thu Mar 07, 2002 5:05 am

Ok, Muma has agreed to help me bug you guys to participate so I'm working on this. It's not an overnight thing. This could take days if not weeks to work out to everyone's satisfaction and my own. I just did not want to get all involved and realize no one cared.
Muma has suggested BG be the area where we meet as it is relatively easy for goodies to get to and a place where evils can congregate without penalizations. I'll be working closely with Muma, making plans and taking suggestions from the rest of you as well. Thanks for showing interest, this is very fun for me Image

Jennie
Elinera
Sojourner

Postby Elinera » Thu Mar 07, 2002 5:28 am

OK...
To Yayaril, Gormal, Touk, Muma, Cirath, Mazok, Nokie, Twyl, Targsk, Dosarilog, and Kifle, thank you very much for showing interest in my sojourn auction.

I've been talking to a few people and I talked to Kia. What I originally thought of as an innocent fun idea that could bruise a few egos and bring a few laughs has gotten a little serious. People have expressed concerns to me about people getting carried away and despite me emphasizing that I will not tolerate malicious intent in purchasing someone, I am afraid it will happen anyway. I know a lot of you are just showing interest because Im bugging you or because you want to humor me. I'd rather not organize this if that is the case. I don't want anyone's characters dying or being used, or treated badly. There are many other reasons why I just became unsure. I guess I was stupid to not have thought of them, but I wanted this to be fun and always like to look at the better side of people. Kia has already made it clear to me that staff members will not be involved in any way, that its all up to the people organizing it and i got pessimistic. Shrug, I just out of nowhere started wondering if this is a good idea after all...

Jennie
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Thu Mar 07, 2002 6:10 am

If it's still happening, Ssissiv will auction himself.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Mar 07, 2002 7:56 am

like touk is gonna let anything bad happen...hes the enforcer!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:47 pm

A bachelor/bachelorette auction? Is this like "Buy a Date"?
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:05 pm

just make a set of rules of what you can and can't do with your purchased player...

1)no forced mudsex! yes that means you Yaya!

2)no throwing your purchased player into another plane and leaving them...unless it is gormal.

etc...therefor, when the person buys the other person everybody is set on what can and cant happen, so if buyer X wants buyee Y to do something against the afore mentioned rules, Y can legaly say FU X! and X cant complained because he agreed to the afore mentioned rules before the purchase Image

Kifle
Elinera
Sojourner

Postby Elinera » Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:33 pm

Yes Ashiwi, it can be treated like Buy a Date if you want. Touk is treating it like Buy a Teacher/Leader, and I'm not sure how others are thinking of this as. Thanks for your support guys, I really appreciate it. I'm going to do some talking around and see if I can pull this off. ><

Jennie
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:43 pm

omg this is gonna be so much fun! i'm all excited now! ok i'm not good at organizing and stuff, so maybe we can get more help on that? Like i just send ppl tells and bug them with "u gotta sign up for this!"

also, can we after getting bought, when the time is up, go back and buy someone? i mean i don't see why not, but just checkin.
Zanalista
Sojourner

Postby Zanalista » Thu Mar 07, 2002 6:09 pm

Count me in it sounds like fun! I really don't think there are that many 'harsh' folks on that should cause the event not to take place.... this will be held on a weekend or mid nyte time? so that the most people could attend? Please Let me know if I can help you with anything!
Zannie the Geographically Challenged Druid
Elinera
Sojourner

Postby Elinera » Thu Mar 07, 2002 6:13 pm

heh muma, your enthusiasm is catchy.
well, it would defeat the purpose if a person who is being bought buys someone as well. Zanalista, if you would like to help organize this, send me a tell sometime. I can use the help plus I won't get all pessimistic if I have some encouragement. I already have 11 people who have agreed to be sold, Im hoping to get 20 or 25 people. I will come up with some rules as soon as possible.

Jennie
Zazure
Sojourner

Postby Zazure » Fri Mar 08, 2002 3:43 am

giggle I'll play.. Image I am worth at least 25p

Zazzy
Nida
Sojourner

Postby Nida » Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:18 am

Yeah, okay, I guess I'm in. ^_^
Elinera
Sojourner

Postby Elinera » Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:42 am

Ok, well even if I get disappointed, I had fun organizing this with muma so, it was worth it. The date is set for the Sojourn Auction.

Here are the people who said they will or they might participate. If I get any names wrong, LET ME KNOW! Image

Yayaril
Gormal
Touk
Muma
Mazok
Nokie
Twyl
Targsk
Dosarilog
Kifle
Zanalista
Ssissiv
Ushug
Selias
Taegost
Nida
Kokelei
Ashiwi
Zazure

Some of you on the list gave me maybes so I put you on. If for any reason you don't wish to participate, let me know and I'll remove your name, no questions asked.

I was going to hold this event this saturday at 8pm at the muma's suggestion, but its a little short notice. So im planning to hold this at the BG Auction House next saturday evening around 8pm EST. So that's 3/16/2002. If you can, please spare me an hour that night, especially if you have agreed to go up on the block. Image

Here are a few rules I hope you guys take seriously...

1)You cannot force the person you buy to anything against their will. This is supposed to be a good natured silly event and the bachelor/bachelorette has the right to say no. If for any reason, a problem occurs, the money is to be returned to the buyer and the deal broken.

2) Please do not purchase someone intending any malicious or harmful behavior. Ex. DO not purchase someone and drag them to the judge for reward money or drag them onto different planes and leave them there unable to get back. I beg of you. It's just really really mean Image

3) The minimum bid is 25 p. The minimum time a "slave" has to spend with his/her "master/mistress" is one rl hour. Any time spent after that is at your discretion.

Im also holding a lottery at the end. Im assigning everyone there a number and will give out silly door prizes to the people who win. Remember, if you think you cannot act like a 10 year old for one day and have fun at this, I suggest you do not participate. I really don't want people coming by to say how stupid my auction is, ok? If you need to get in touch with me, I'm usually online by 11am est, I might be on the mud as Elinera or Jenera, My aol screenname is Jaellinera and my icq# is 78950306. Or you can always post here, i read it quite often.

Thanks to Muma, Ushug, Llaaldara, and Treladian for your help and support and to everyone else who is participating and humored my idea a bit.

Jennie
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:43 am

Corth is too shy to say something himself, but he's up for being auctioned.

Glorishan
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Fri Mar 08, 2002 8:57 am

Okie in the spirit of Roleplay Jenie
you can count me in

But Elisten better bid/save me cause i dont trust any of you goodies. *love you my elven wife* Image

I wish to talk to you about this more so find me online

Nilan
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Fri Mar 08, 2002 9:21 am

Hmmmmmm, let me think about before I give a definate.

Too many men on that list Image

------------------
Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Slavan
Sojourner

Postby Slavan » Fri Mar 08, 2002 12:49 pm

Yea....I like this!!!
I can be sold...for the right price!!
Fun Fun Fun
Slavan
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Mar 08, 2002 1:08 pm

Yeah, slavan is on sale for 5 coppers *tease*

I think this could be fun. I'll probably participate Image
Slavan
Sojourner

Postby Slavan » Fri Mar 08, 2002 1:39 pm

hey throw me a few discs for my bare ears and ogrehides you can have me whenever :P

Pst! and rylan you know youll be bidding more than that :P
Elinera
Sojourner

Postby Elinera » Fri Mar 08, 2002 3:31 pm

Just to be clear, the people who I list here are people who have agreed to be sold so the rest of you can bid on them. If you want someone to bid on you, say you want to participate. If you want to buy someone, just show up. Image

Jennie
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:50 pm

Ikey wants in!!!

I am clean, polite, and I'm wearing some shiney butt armor!

Ladies, do your worst... I'll be at my best.

Can we make a rule that Muma can't buy me?

For example:

Muma says 'Faster...MmmMmm...FASTER!'
You say 'But my fingers are tired...I just can't type that fast...'

She tried to make me type out the REM "The end of the world as we know it" IN TIME to the music!
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:24 pm

Just a thought about possibly allowing low level newbies take advantage of touks idea for showing them around and such. Would anyone be willing to be auctioned to say levels 20 and under, for a lower starting bid and such? Just thought it might give some of those smaller people a chance to learn from the big dogs, granted, you probably wouldn't get that much money, but you'd be having fun and teaching a newbie at the same time. I'd actually try to do this myself, but I can't make it for the auction. Some of you guys are just to expensive anywho Image Just a thought.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:52 pm

Okay, I was going to protest and say this went way against my grain and I'd never really volunteered, only asked if it was a "Buy a Date" service, but Nekler assured me that he'd bid at least 25 plats, so I guess I can go for that. If I got up there and nobody bid, I'd have to find my rock and crawl back under it.

I really didn't volunteer, but I do like the idea of offering my limited services as a tour guide. I give great tours, ask Kifle! Massage is extra, but the buyer will have to bring the massage oil, as that comes from DK.
Elinera
Sojourner

Postby Elinera » Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:54 pm

Great idea Galkar! *HUGS*
If anybody lower than lvl 20 wants to bid on a high level character to learn more about the mud and the high level character is agreeable to receiving less money, Anyone below level 20 who is not an alt can minimum bid 5 p. Good idea?

Jennie

[This message has been edited by Elinera (edited 03-08-2002).]
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:17 pm

I'm sure people will bid on ya ash.. who wouldn't want a hot elf? Image
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:17 pm

Can i still be sold if i buy somebody? Muahahahahaha

wonder how much me being a resser is worth?

goway goodies! :P

add me to the list but somebody gotta remind me cuz i'll forget im old like that.

see i forgot why i clicked to edit this! good god
oh yah
mudmail me with reminders!

[This message has been edited by Baikalisan (edited 03-08-2002).]
Cerlayne
Sojourner

Postby Cerlayne » Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:53 pm

okies.. count me in.. altho i'm with ash on this one... this cute elf will become surly if no one bids on her... shudder... grin

Cerly
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Fri Mar 08, 2002 7:22 pm

I certainly wouldn't mind bidding on a beautiful elf woman if I had the cash Image
Well, I spose if I traded in all my copper... I could buy both... <evil grin>

------------------
Taegost L'Mirrahn - STUPER DRUID(tm)
Rokub@Skool
Sojourner

Postby Rokub@Skool » Fri Mar 08, 2002 7:23 pm

Sorry To Inform You All But, Rokub can't not partcipate in this auction, I have other commitments during the day and time. Please have fun everyone.

Rokub
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Mar 08, 2002 7:31 pm

Ooo! I could find some uses for Nilan! But alas I must go up on the auction block too Image I give wonderful tours of Myth Drannor!

Kifle
Zanalista
Sojourner

Postby Zanalista » Fri Mar 08, 2002 8:12 pm

[I'll try to send you a tell 2nyte Jen,
I'd love to help you organize and agree to being "sold" as well...
also a thought on the lower levels taking advantage of the "Touk Tour" what about if say 5 newbies can get together, pool their money and group bid on him that way it stays the same amount but a whole group can take advantage of his knowledge and camaradarie? Just a thought...
Thanks
Zannie The geographically challanged Elf
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Mar 08, 2002 10:08 pm

Omrec's faith is for sale Image
Nono, not Faith the sword, his RL faith... see his post in Yaya's Ebil Thread...

I cannot participate, alas... it would be dishonorable of me to force someone to *pay* for my death Image

Since he has not said it yet, I will:
3nj0y.
Kokelei
Sojourner

Postby Kokelei » Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:58 am

Well, you already know I'm up on the acution block. Buying me would entail a lot of drinking probably, but for no one will I give up my private collection.

I may have a few rare bottles of booze for the special someone who does end up purchacing me though... and definitely, a lot of eggnog.

Anywho, for those of you who think you know all about Kokelei, here is a little more. Honest, truthful, often tanked but never tanking, clean cut, a true gentleman, NO shiney butt armor (Gods forbid), dignified, witty, some times sly and secretive, funny, well read, a cunning linguist, and so many more elements that just can't be described here.

You know you want him, he just doesn't know who.

Kokelei "The Temulent Gadabout" Akisthier
Elinera
Sojourner

Postby Elinera » Sat Mar 09, 2002 3:33 am

Gosh, never did i expect such participation, hehe.

At this rate, touk might just be right and no one will show up to bid, hehe.

This post is to say that the auction list is closed! No more participants are needed, as it is i have too many Image Whoever gave me a maybe I am not including as of now. The following people have approached me in some way to let me know they want to be sold.

Yayaril
Gormal
Touk
Muma
Mazok
Nokie
Twyl
Targsk
Dosarilog
Kifle
Zanalista
Ssissiv
Ushug
Taegost
Nida
Kokelei
Ashiwi
Zazure
Nilan
Slavan
Iaiken
Cerlayne
Baikalisan

I am so glad that number of evils and goodies are about the same. Now the only thing left to do is spread the word so we'll have bidders! Next saturday night at 8pm est.
I will mudmail everyone two days before and the day before to remind you to show up. I have some left work to do to make this event even more ridiculous :P
Spread the word around to your friends and newbies as well if they don't read the board. Newbies can band together to make up the plats if they want to buy a tour guide and mud expert, thats a better idea than lowering the money amount. Remember the rules and also that this is supposed to be ridiculous and fun. Thank you all for your support! See you next saturday at the BG auction house bidding room! Ciao! Image

Jennie
Lolok Frozencrow
Sojourner

Postby Lolok Frozencrow » Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:46 am

Would be cool if a few gods were up on the block as well, just for a little added fun Image.

Sounds like alot of fun , i hope to be there.
I hope everyone remembers to log it for the story boards so we can all see what happens.(maybe give a prize for most original)

L ImageL ImageK aka Oromon...
Tesil
Sojourner

Postby Tesil » Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:47 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gormal:
like touk is gonna let anything bad happen...hes the enforcer!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

roflmao...when I read this I got a picture of Cartman on his big wheel riding down the street! Image (South Park for you hermits among us)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Mar 09, 2002 5:21 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cap'n Touk:
Gormal has convinced me to participate.

If possible I'd rather my time be spent teaching someone a zone or helping out with something. I'll *shiver* listen to jpop or even say gormal is l33t if you want, but I'd rather not spend an hour sitting on my arse in BG.

Captain Toukageuia[/B]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

must.... save... money... for... touk!
i got some pocket change for gormal too.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sat Mar 09, 2002 6:36 am

With all those people for sale yer not gonna have folks to buy 'em.

Dornax
Jurdex

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”