Suggestion (again)

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Suggestion (again)

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:46 pm

I know it's been brought up before, but do you guys think you can post changes to items under the "Object Changes' section of bbs? They appear under the news but it would be nice if they appeared on bbs as well so that newcomers to bbs dont see last post was during summer of last year :P

Thanks as always.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:24 pm

With all of the eq changing that goes on and is suggested, I think that the object changes forum should be reopened for players too.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:01 am

They need a SKILLS thread as well. As far as reporting how a skill could be abused, broken, etc. I'd assume it would include spells.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:15 am

eq stats change too often period. the frequency of change is ridiculous.

areas at one point was too resistant to change, now they are far too plyable to specific vocal and whiny players.
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:41 pm

Actually, this was talked about and I thought it was going to happen, but something else must have come up and it hasn't gotten done yet.
What I suggested then on how the object changes forum would be run is:
Players would not be allowed to start new threads, but rather any time an object is changed the person doing the changes will start a new thread, hopefully with the date the item was changed in the topic.
After that, the players will be able to post in the thread about the changes to that object if they choose. Any posts off topic about that item would be removed.
If players want to see an item changed, they can mmail areas just like they currently can. From there, if an areas member is unsure if the item really needs changed, they may post in the forum with a topic format of something like "Suggested Change to: blahblah." so you guys know its a suggestion and not something that was actually changed. Also, this way other players don't know who suggested the change and that person doesn't get flamed in the thread or otherwise.

Of course, this is just my suggestion on how it should be run and organized and I suspect other areas members will likely have different visions on how to run it. ;)

Or we could just remove the forum all together and you guys can read the news in game or follow the news link on the front page. I believe it still gets updated when the in game news does, could be wrong however.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:01 pm

No removing forums please. Opening the BBS and seeing a new post is one of the few joys I have while at work.

Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:53 pm

Oh, I meant just the Object Changes forum since in its current state it is never used.
I'd personally rather see it turned into a useful forum of some sort rather then see it removed.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:35 pm

That's pretty much what I was saying Marth, but somebody was walking over towards my desk so I had to hit submit and minimize :)

I'd love to see the forum used and have a place to provide feedback on object changes.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:00 am

kiryan wrote:eq stats change too often period. the frequency of change is ridiculous.

areas at one point was too resistant to change, now they are far too plyable to specific vocal and whiny players.

kiryan
Sojourner

*cough*
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:06 am

my hipocrisy knows no bounds

my sexual orientation does however

*baaaaah*
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:55 am

Oooh Mike resorted to the goat comeback... I believe that equates to: OWNED.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:08 pm

That doesn't mean you're going to mount him does it? Don't be fooled Gormal, he's not quality goat entertainment.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:25 pm

[quote="Llaaldara"]That doesn't mean you're going to mount him does it? Don't be fooled Gormal, he's not quality goat entertainment.[/quote
burned
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:50 am

No wait... just another unoriginal goat joke.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:22 am

Re-open the object changes forum please. Its obvious that it would be used more than some of the other forums and help clean up gameplay disc for things that have to do with... gameplay, not eq stats.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”