Broken Loads Thread

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Gormal
Sojourner

Broken Loads Thread

Postby Gormal » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:57 pm

Things that don't seem to load any more:

Muspel Invasion - Basinet (for sure) also check silvery bracer, fingerless gloves, and supple belt of stone (though I think this is just really rare)

Smoke Invasion (not sure if its broken or just hasn't loaded but its been a while)
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:01 am

They say Faralee isn't broken, but I've been trying to find her for 5 years and havn't, and I already know where she loads. Quests steps that are clearly described by one mob, that people would HAVE to ask others where or if something loads are silly. Even load an alternate one that says to you, 'sorry, I'm too busy to deal with this matter today' or something just to make the quests not seem so stupid and based on what your friend knows.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:37 am

but pat u know i've found faralee at least 5 times now.... *whistle*

yes she's hella rare...also..when she does load, some individuals just quest her with the first stage anyway, which can be accomplished in all of 5 mins... so a little self defeating.. just make kri'it the quest mob for gods sake.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:55 pm

I can't remember the exact name of the mob, but it was something along the lines of Phirrus. Anyhow, he loaded in scorn... at least... he used to. Haven't seen him load in 3+ years.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:49 am

Sarell wrote:They say Faralee isn't broken, but I've been trying to find her for 5 years and havn't, and I already know where she loads. Quests steps that are clearly described by one mob, that people would HAVE to ask others where or if something loads are silly. Even load an alternate one that says to you, 'sorry, I'm too busy to deal with this matter today' or something just to make the quests not seem so stupid and based on what your friend knows.

the elf chick? she loads sometime in the boot
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:00 am

I know she loads sometimes. The point is she is the end mob for a quest you could complete 100 times before you find her. I've been looking for her most of this wipe and not seen her and I'm pretty good at finding stuff. It ruins the well written quest if the end is impossible, which is what it would be without being told where to sit every boot by someone who knows where she loads.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:32 am

[quote="Tasan"] I can't remember the exact name of the mob, but it was something along the lines of Phirrus. Anyhow, he loaded in scorn... at least... he used to. Haven't seen him load in 3+ years. /quote]

This is the mob for a flaming longsword, which is a very classic old weapon which could be given a neat proc and the load fixes, I think its Phiraz maybe.
Last edited by Gormal on Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Oooh

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:31 am

OOOh yeah I remember that one! Very cool weapon. I'll see if I can remember anymore details for you.
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:16 pm

Load rate for Phiraz was set pretty so. Bumped it up a tad.

The way Faralee loads was changed. She will load more often, but it can be any time throughout the boot.

There were changes to the load rate of muspel invasion a long time ago which likely made the last two stages way too rare. Hopefully thats been fixed now.

Smoke invasion loading is ok. Just been really bad luck loading.

These changes are all in.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:47 pm

Thanks for staying on top of the forums, its nice to see that for a change.

HI5!
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:31 pm

I know she loads sometimes. The point is she is the end mob for a quest you could complete 100 times before you find her. I've been looking for her most of this wipe and not seen her and I'm pretty good at finding stuff. It ruins the well written quest if the end is impossible, which is what it would be without being told where to sit every boot by someone who knows where she loads.

OMG faralee!
upgrade my masque
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:25 pm

That sword sux ballz now. No proc = sux ballz
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:56 pm

Marthammor wrote:Load rate for Phiraz was set pretty so. Bumped it up a tad.

The way Faralee loads was changed. She will load more often, but it can be any time throughout the boot.

There were changes to the load rate of muspel invasion a long time ago which likely made the last two stages way too rare. Hopefully thats been fixed now.

Smoke invasion loading is ok. Just been really bad luck loading.

These changes are all in.

Please check on those specific items loading, especially basinet and silvery bracer. I haven't seen basinet load in what over a year?
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:19 pm

Those items were from the last two stages if I was reading the file right, so adjusting the load rates should get them loading again.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:11 pm

It is not really broken, because it loads, but iceberry for relo is really bad.

There are some that check jot (for regular rares), and checking iceberry is a natural part of that. That means there sort of becomes a monopoly on it.

Mabye do that thing where it loads late in boot? Or even up loadfactor and put it on a mob that you don't solo, like thyrm.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:02 pm

or ask those that check jot regularly, i think i have given out 5 or 6 iceberries this week alone. It loads plenty.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:45 am

I'm not sure, but I found it with Ross in a wierd room this week. We weren't sure if a mob picked it up or it can load in random rolling hills rooms... I assume the former but who knows.
Thrand
Sojourner

Postby Thrand » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:17 am

Mobs do pick it up, at least fensirs do, as that is one way you can still locate
if a fensir picks it up

Lopi
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:10 pm

In the Faerie Forest there's supposed to be a "Radiant Opal" somewhere... either it doesn't load or it loads but the door is no longer functional (some people have thought it's behind a hidden door that's either a (null) or it might be like a "rowan" but with no key to unlock it at a place in the Faerie Forest). This is almost a pointless item, except that it's used in a quest on Moonshae.

Along the same line, there used to be a cloak of forest shadows around Evermeet somewhere that no longer loads. I actually have one from someone who was just gonna throw it away, since it's statless, but it is an old nostalgic item I used to wear as a monk back in the day.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:39 am

The radiant opal doesn't load behind a door. And the last time I picked one up, while being about a year ago, it was still loading.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:25 pm

Ashiwi wrote:The radiant opal doesn't load behind a door. And the last time I picked one up, while being about a year ago, it was still loading.

I'd searched high and low for the opal a long time ago, and the people who I'd asked indicated it was behind the door. I really don't care to know where it is specifically, and ultimately it's just a trinket really, but it holds a special place for me in that for my first 19 levels as a monk, I held one (screwing up my punch dice to be 1d1, which I saw when I got level 20 ;+P).

So if you could confirm that it still loads, that'd be cool.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:21 am

selerial wrote:(some people have thought it's behind a hidden door that's either a (null) or it might be like a "rowan" but with no key to unlock it at a place in the Faerie Forest).

Some people seem to have forgotten their used to be guildhalls in the game.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:14 am

While I'm not with areas, my study of the muspelheim loading for the equipment pieces mentioned above indicates that they do have the ability to load.
Eilistraee
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:46 pm

Thanks Eilistraee.. I also noticed that Obelar (sp?) still loads... what a cocktease!

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”