Gathering Updates...

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Duna
Sojourner

Gathering Updates...

Postby Duna » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:08 pm

Okay.. When all of the gathering plans started Dranix's parents were fine with us using their house and everything.. Well the closer it gets and the more they think about things.. the uneasier they get about letting people tromp through their house.. Now We ARE allowed to still use their property.. but they have decided that the bathroom in the house is off limits to all but some of the Indiana people.. and those are allowed only because they have meet them on several occasions and know them.. And we found out that the bathroom in the camper doesn't work properly.. so it won't be hooked up at all...

Now I need to find out if you guys would be willing to put in about $3.00 each to help cover the cost of a port-a-potty for the weekend..

Also anyone that is driving if you have access to tents, or camping gear.. could you bring some of it.. even if you won't be using it..

There are alot of you I don't have full plans for.. SO.. If anyone's staying at a hotel please let me know.. and let me know if you would mind if people who are crashing in tents used your shower in your hotel room...
The Bathroom thing just came about in the past few days... We found out renting a port-a-potty for the weekend will cost like $75..

Let me know please people....
Just under 3 week until the gathering...
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:30 pm

I'd be tickled to pitch in for a port-a-potty. Have Derek and Hei discussed this with the owners of the property? Are they okay with a port-a-potty being out there? Do they have outside running water that we can use? I was already kind of worried about this whole set-up, since I know I wouldn't want a bunch of people I don't know tromping through my house, but we're talking about a whole weekend of mudders with no showers. While you people are sitting alone in your apartments staring at your monitors, whether or not you take a few minutes away to shower isn't really an issue, but with us all together...

You might want to double-check on the costy of that port-a-potty, though. They're tons more expensive here in Oklahoma. Ask the dealers if there are any other fees involved.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Dranix/Straxin
Sojourner

Postby Dranix/Straxin » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:47 pm

It was actually my dad's idea for a Port-o-Pril, and it costs a flat fee of 75 bucks to be paid before or after, both Hei and my father have called all the places around here and its the same rate for all of them, so Port-o-Neklers are cheap around here. As for showers are concerned, we have a hose and a pool...close enough :P
Fotex ASSOC:: 'something's gay here'
Inama ASSOC:: 'its a maxler group, there's a whole lot of gay :('
Lazus group-says 'if you saw me naked, you wouldn't be so impressed methinks'
Rylan ASSOC:: 'the only thing that hurts is my butt'
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:12 pm

While you're pricing porta privies.. check into showers. If I were still going I wouldn't mind chipping in 15 bucks for a bathroom and shower. *shrug*

Though August and a hose... it would work.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:24 pm

Okay, things to think about from my SCA clan experience...

Showers... if we're going to use cold water from a garden hose that's all fine and dandy, but you'll need to set up an area away from the house where the property owners won't mind it getting muddy. Somewhere you can hang a curtain would be nice. If you have hoses that stretch out to there, I'll spring for one of those two-headed nozzles for the spigot so you don't have to detach the hose every time somebody else needs water in the campsite. If you don't have enough hoses, they're five dollars at Wal-Mart, and I'm sure we can work something out. I'd suggest to people to pack their own towel.

Food preparation... you'll need tables out there already set up. At the tables you will need tubs for water containers, because handwashing is a must. You'll need several large ice chests, each labelled for what goes in it, because you really don't want to mix your meats in with your fruits and veggies. Along with the ice chests, you'll need gallon-sized ziplock baggies. You'll need a couple of containers for dry goods like hamburger buns and paper plates... a decent breeze will have your dinner accoutrements spread everywhere, otherwise. You'll need cutting boards or those disposable things, because cutting on paper plates is a nightmare, and you'll need two tubs set up for washing any dishes that may accumulate, like knives and grilling utensils (unless all that will be done inside, of course).

Water... it's going to be hot, so it wouldn't hurt to have a couple of large water igloos with icewater. I'll bring my sports bottle and a cup, because it's just the wise thing to do when you need water on a steady basis.

Trash... it would be a good idea to set up at least one large trash receptacle close to the prep area. We can all pitch in to police the area of garbage, but using just plastic bags tied to a chair could have trash strewn everywhere at some point.

I didn't even begin to cover everything, but it'll be discussed as it crops up, I'm sure. This is an odd situation, so I don't know what you will be able to handle inside, but when I go camping I'm really not used to there being an "inside."

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:38 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Okay, things to think about from my SCA clan experience...

Showers... if we're going to use cold water from a garden hose that's all fine and dandy, but you'll need to set up an area away from the house where the property owners won't mind it getting muddy. Somewhere you can hang a curtain would be nice. If you have hoses that stretch out to there, I'll spring for one of those two-headed nozzles for the spigot so you don't have to detach the hose every time somebody else needs water in the campsite. If you don't have enough hoses, they're five dollars at Wal-Mart, and I'm sure we can work something out. I'd suggest to people to pack their own towel.

Food preparation... you'll need tables out there already set up. At the tables you will need tubs for water containers, because handwashing is a must. You'll need several large ice chests, each labelled for what goes in it, because you really don't want to mix your meats in with your fruits and veggies. Along with the ice chests, you'll need gallon-sized ziplock baggies. You'll need a couple of containers for dry goods like hamburger buns and paper plates... a decent breeze will have your dinner accoutrements spread everywhere, otherwise. You'll need cutting boards or those disposable things, because cutting on paper plates is a nightmare, and you'll need two tubs set up for washing any dishes that may accumulate, like knives and grilling utensils (unless all that will be done inside, of course).

Water... it's going to be hot, so it wouldn't hurt to have a couple of large water igloos with icewater. I'll bring my sports bottle and a cup, because it's just the wise thing to do when you need water on a steady basis.

Trash... it would be a good idea to set up at least one large trash receptacle close to the prep area. We can all pitch in to police the area of garbage, but using just plastic bags tied to a chair could have trash strewn everywhere at some point.

I didn't even begin to cover everything, but it'll be discussed as it crops up, I'm sure. This is an odd situation, so I don't know what you will be able to handle inside, but when I go camping I'm really not used to there being an "inside."

I, ofcourse, reserve the right to hose down those girls that i want to.

Pril
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:09 pm

well food prep will be done inside.. just the grilling will be done outside..
we've discussed setting up an area for hand washing.. with soap and the hose.. about the only primitive thing will be the bathroom situation.. we've got cooler's we're going to use, as well as having plenty of pop and water on hand.. I"m hoping things will go fairly smoothly..
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:39 am

Pril wrote:I, ofcourse, reserve the right to hose down those girls that i want to.

Pril

..must.. post.. pictures.. afterwards.
BEER
Minofagal
Sojourner

Postby Minofagal » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:34 am

mmmmmmmmmm beeeeeeeer.....

what about beer?
Kaisi tells you 'get smirn, he's better than me'
--HELP! My legs aren't long enough!--
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:26 am

Minofagal wrote:mmmmmmmmmm beeeeeeeer.....

what about beer?

it's bring your own.. otherwise Jenera and I would be in way too much debt tryin to cover the costs of the amount of beer these people go through. :)
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:47 pm

Duna wrote:we've discussed setting up an area for hand washing.. with soap and the hose..

From my years of camping, I'd like to suggest a fairly easy and self-contained solution for the handwashing. Just fill an empty Tide liquid detergent container (the super size with the little spigot-like tap on it) with water, put a bar of soap in the toe of some pantyhose and tie the pantyhose to the spigot of the Tide container. Et voila! You can push the button, get water, soap up, then rinse. The soap never gets lost, dropped, accidentally pushed into the weeds and the water doesn't put out more than you need to get the job done.

More than once, I've used this system while camping for a week with a group of 30 (a story in itself) and it worked like a charm.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:48 am

wow! that totally rocks sotana.

man i am so envious.

why aren't the souther california mudder setting up some mud gathering. come on, you are letting indianian outshine you. man i so want to hang w/ smelly mudders :(.

edit. where to why
muma
Sojourner

heh

Postby muma » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:44 pm

i decided i'm only coming down for one day. probably on saturday (but i'll get there early). isn't that when everyone will definitely be there? i'll bet some ppl will arrive late on friday.

it's a 3 hour drive for me so i can do that, hehe.
Es gibt keinen Löffel!
Miax OOC: 'Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.'
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:43 pm

The actual meet and greet part will be on Friday, Muma. We're all heading over to Paige's Crossing early Saturday afternoon. So if you wanted to bring food and meet newcomers, you'd have to get here on Friday.
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006

Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'
Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'
Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'
Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'
Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:04 pm

It's a for sure, had to cancel the motel reservations.

Maybe next year. I'm sorry Jenera! *hugs*
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:51 pm

Shar wrote:It's a for sure, had to cancel the motel reservations.

Maybe next year. I'm sorry Jenera! *hugs*

*sniff* *cry* noooo... not allowed... :(
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:58 pm

who from NY is going?
Are you flying or driving?
when are you leaving and when are you coming home?

email me mrcollins21 @ yahoo.com

and dont send me naked pictures of your sister dartan its creepy
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:27 am

I was told you were flying to Indianapolis and riding all the way to the gathering in my lap, Thanuk.

Of course, I think I was just told that so certain people could see how I acted in a state of apoplexy. I think my reaction of "Hunh, cool." was rather disappointing for them.

goroz
Sojourner

Postby goroz » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:49 am

OMG NUKKIE! you better come :P
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:00 am

goroz wrote:OMG NUKKIE! you better come :P

you WILL regret it after the weekend
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:15 am

okay.. for those of you last minute people... if you fly in...
either fly into indianapolis thursday morning around noon.. let sotana know if you will be doing this..
otherwise fly into fort wayne friday morning-ish.. let me know if this is what you are doing and i will arrange you a ride..
or Southbend about 3 pm on friday.. we already have a driver going there at that time..

If you plan on driving.. get ahold of me and I will give you the addy you need to mapquest the directions...

Otherwise.. if you don't get ahold of me telling me you need picked up at X place about X time.. you will be stuck.. and if you don't ask for the addy you won't have a clue as to where to go...

AND that will be your problem :)
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:22 pm

2 weeks til the gathering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goroz
Sojourner

Postby goroz » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:59 am

and the deet de dee of the day goes to.......
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:49 pm

Bumpity :)
goroz
Sojourner

Postby goroz » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:19 am

now that its a week away im 95% sure i wont be there pierceton days!!!
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:08 pm

bump
goroz
Sojourner

Postby goroz » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:31 pm

update the list of attendees :P
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:16 pm

Since people wanted an updated list.. here it is..

Preliminary List of Attendees

Dranix (definite)
Jenera (definite)
Ashiwi (definite)
Okep (definite)
Osheara (definite)
Branthur (definite)
Yayaril (definite)
Sotana (definite)
Shalruk (definite)
Nekler (definite)
Sipes (definite)
Goroz (definite)
Larim (definite)
Kifle (definite)
Duna (definite)
Teflor (definite)
Lazus (definite)
Mirlantharn (big maybe)
Cofen (definite)
Rer (definite)
Muma (definite)
Touk (definite)
Boboloppe (definite)

= 22 definites and 1 maybe

seems like i'm missing someone somewhere..
goroz
Sojourner

Postby goroz » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:02 am

Shalruk wont be there as he will be in MN
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:11 am

So what do I do if I'm sick...

rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:12 am

You're planning on being sick in 4 days?
Minofagal
Sojourner

Postby Minofagal » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:03 am

quick! somebody moonwell me there!

Sotana gonna be there right?
Kaisi tells you 'get smirn, he's better than me'

--HELP! My legs aren't long enough!--
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:05 am

goroz wrote:Shalruk wont be there as he will be in MN

oh blah.. well his spots set for those that are still working on getting here..

Ashiwi wrote:So what do I do if I'm sick...

suck it up, yer coming. :)

And yes Mino, Sotana's gonna be there.. but her moonwells don't work that well IRL :P
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:22 am

Duna wrote:And yes Mino, Sotana's gonna be there.. but her moonwells don't work that well IRL :P

Yes they do! I just require the cookie in advance for intercontinental welling.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:25 am

Damn I want to go... I think next year I will hold Gathering in San Diego. Screw your crappy weather:P
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:54 pm

Gormal wrote:Damn I want to go... I think next year I will hold Gathering in San Diego. Screw your crappy weather:P

our crappy weather?? our weather is just gonna be hot.. *shrug* then again, with enough warning you could always try to get leave for next years... do military personel still get a discount to fly? I know they used to.. *shrug* Dates not set for next year, yet.. but we were thinking June or July sometime....
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:27 pm

It's 4 days to the gathering and some people are arriving in 3, just a last minute reminder.

Make sure you bring light clothes, a check on the weather shows highs of 80s (heat index and humidity bringing it up to 90s) and isolated t-storms. Bring your bathing suit even if you think you won't be swimming, as hot as it is, you may decide to jump into the pool if only to cool off. The food is in the process of being made and there will be cold water and pop available, but it's bring your own booze. Please bring a pillow, especially to those staying at my house thursday night. I've got plenty of blankets but a lack of pillows. Make sure you bring all of the bathroom stuff you need as well as anything else you cannot do without. I welcome people to bring their laptops if you can't stand not being on the mud or whatever, but as of now, I only have one extra router port open. Derek's parents' have given us permission to put a fire ring behind the barn so there will be a nice fire to roast marshmallows on in the evening. Because of the isolated t-storms, I may consider just trucking everyone back to my house to sleep, not too happy about people sleeping in tents on the field through storms, but we'll see how the weather goes.

If you haven't contacted either Duna or I about addresses and phone numbers, please do so ASAP.

Can't wait to see you all.

Love,
Hei
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006

Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'

Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'

Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'

Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'

Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:19 am

There is ABSOLUTELY no better sleep that you can get than in a tent, in the rain.

Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:00 am

If it turns into a giant mud orgy, someone video it
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:29 am

I will... I promise.

From a safe distance.

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:39 am

She lies! Kelly is the center hub!
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:50 pm

Ashiwi wrote:There is ABSOLUTELY no better sleep that you can get than in a tent, in the rain.

I beg to differ.

Its actually kind of funny, the weekend after my accident I went camping (Had planned it months in advance, payed alot of money, etc). We got to the campground, and we were setting up our tents. I hadn't been camping since I was a kid, and I didn't have a tent, so I borrowed one from my friend Ray (who wasn't camping with us). Clouds were looming in the sky ominously, and we were putting them up as fast as we could. My friend was helping me put mine up, as I had no idea what I was doing.

When the words came out of my friends mouth, a sense of dread filled my entire body, and the rain started coming down in buckets. What were those words you might ask?

"Hey Ed, where's your rain guard?"

My friend Ray forgot to give me the rain guard .... And those buckets of rain were happily, maybe even gleefully, slipping right through the mosquito screen and soaking all my belongings inside the tent. We tried damage control, and the rain stopped 10 minutes later, but it was too late. I had to sleep in there that night (no room in other tents), and the next day I made my buddy drive me to Wal-Mart for a new tent!

Funny story, thought I'd share :)

I love you Kelly, and I hope everyone has fun at the gathering!
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:09 pm

Ashiwi wrote:There is ABSOLUTELY no better sleep that you can get than in a tent, in the rain.

Amen to that.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:41 am

Eddybearrrrrrrr....

While I know I will enjoy myself, I also know that it will not be as completely as I would if you were there. Unbreak my heart Eddybear and show up!

Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:01 pm

If needed, I could maybe be convinced to drag my wireless router along for anyone that has a laptop with wireless networking.
Derek's parent's place doesn't have any kind of internet connection though, so the only place anyone would have a net connection is if they were at Derek and Hei's place.
goroz
Sojourner

Postby goroz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:31 pm

Derek's parent's place doesn't have any kind of internet connection though, so the only place anyone would have a net connection is if they were at Derek and Hei's place.

AH and since they live right across the street i think there might be other places with routers and internet connections but who knows maybe ill misplace mine sometime between now and then :P
Dranix/Strexin
Sojourner

Postby Dranix/Strexin » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:07 pm

I just realized it was too far for me to make it so I won't make it this year, maybe next year...
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:34 pm

Sorry boys, not going to make it this year. I've got a cat in desperate need of a good polishing.
·• Kuurg •·
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:54 pm

Kuurg wrote:Sorry boys, not going to make it this year. I've got a cat in desperate need of a good polishing.

ummm yeah you treat that vagina right!
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:47 am

I'm flying into Fort Wayne at 6:30 on Friday. Pril/Teflor have already volunteered to drive out to get me, but if anyone else is flying in at the same time, it might be easier. Send me a PM or an email.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”