Sojourner

Postby Vikaz » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:54 pm

Sarell wrote:Monday December 5th, 7:30pm

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[18 Enchanter ] Edzay (Drow Elf)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You group-say 'so, how did you find this place? :)'

Edzay group-says 'by typing forgotten realms mud on google'

Edzay is a cool guy, we need more Edzay's!

Interesting what the first hit for "forgotten realms mud" is.
Vaprak, Move over the METATAGS!
V
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:55 pm

Could just redirect that page upon load I guess...
Vaprak, the Destroyer
-Formerly Tempus of HomelandMUD -- pre-merger
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:00 pm

Redirecting the page is merely a band-aid. The problem is that the torilmud pages aren't showing up, keywords are there but the title tags could use some SEO and you really need to get rid of the frames, this isnt 1992 anymore, the bots don't like frames which means they can't spider the text of the main page. The more the text on the page matches the keywords the better ranking you will get.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:53 pm

When you're in the menu and select Who's Playing, it usually says nobody.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Postby Cyric » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:17 pm

Yup, frameless website with updated metatags should be up and running within a day or two. I did all conversions this past weekend, and just need to get around to moving the files over and making minor tweaks.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:57 am

I was browsing the games forum on somethingawful.com and noticed that there was a pretty solid response to another MUD's admin advertising their game there as a "lets play" thread. I don't know if anyone else is a member there, but it costs 10 bucks for an account, but with over 60,000 members, I'd imagine it'd be a viable place to drum up a few new members once 2.0 comes in.

I'm sure this could apply to other large forums like Fark, or whatever. I only read these and SA myself, others might have more insight.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:57 am

I was browsing the games forum on somethingawful.com and noticed that there was a pretty solid response to another MUD's admin advertising their game there as a "lets play" thread. I don't know if anyone else is a member there, but it costs 10 bucks for an account, but with over 60,000 members, I'd imagine it'd be a viable place to drum up a few new members once 2.0 comes in.

I'm sure this could apply to other large forums like Fark, or whatever. I only read these and SA myself, others might have more insight.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:30 pm

So, this is the thread I meant to reply to.

Have we tried any advertising with Google yet? The Advertising Outside the Box thread has advertisements for DDO and Shattered Kingdoms. Dunno if it would make a big impact, but probably couldn't hurt.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'

Return to “General Discussion Archive”