Jot Invasion 10/14

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Naled
Sojourner

Jot Invasion 10/14

Postby Naled » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:08 pm

For those who missed it. Ross led Jot invasion last weekend. It took the whole weekend actually. Somewhere in the range of 14-15 hours excluding the 5 hour break we took because people needed sleep. And the items we got are not that great to start with especially the mage items. Please reduce the time needed to complete this (rare-load!) zone mightily and upgrade the (mage/cleric) items lots.

It took longer than an average Tia run, and for that you can plan at least. Insane!
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:07 pm

Much agreed.. We started at 8:30 pm(eastern) saturday nite I personally missed about 1 hour maybe 2 in zone itself.. I went to bed at 6 am sunday morning.. when i left the zone Nerox and i spent at least an hour gathering corpses on smoke and pressing them.. we had close to 60 corpses from saturday nite.. we know some rotted before they were pressed and some rotted the next afternoon.. I was back on the mud the next day at noon eastern and we then finished the zone.. taking almost 3 more hours and several more corpses.. that is a good 13 hours there.. and that doesn't include time for spliltting or resses.. the last tia trip lasted 14 hours with splitting and most of the resses.. and those people had more than a month to plan for the trip..

Out of all that effort, I won the gloves.. I will say this the cleric gloves are about the same as the gauntlets from Izan's. and that's only a 2 hour zone?

I'm not saying it's bad eq, but it's not worth almost deleveling 2 levels as well as 14 hours in the zone.. yes, i died enough that I lost 48 and was very close to revisiting lvl 46... if i hadn't gotten a ress on sunday or two.. I would have been level 46 when we finished...

The eq wouldn't be as disappointing if the zone had only taken 5 hours..
okay, the eq in general.. there are only about 4 things for cleric/mages.. it's mainly warrior/rogue gear in the zone.

please, someone take a closer look at this zone...
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:09 pm

that and jot's eq is only pretty darned nice, tia's is insanely nice relative to any zone..which it should be :P
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:00 pm

If this zone was a regular zone, like BC, where you could form a week in advance, and get the groupmembers you wanted, then it would be a much faster zone.

I only participated in 2nd gatehouse, but could see that r2m would have made the fight a lot faster. And there were other places where the absense of players was a bigger problem than the mobs.

Invasions should be a little easier than regular zones, simply because it is harder to form for them.
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:28 am

With being one of the people who was there from beginning to end minus the corpse dragging/pressing. There are a few tweaks that need to be done in order to make Jot invasion what is used to be IMHO.

1.) Either A. Make Glammad not summon everything and add more mob groups to the grid or B. Make the items worth 12+ hours.

We were not moving at a snails pace either, but however when you get more than 2 beards in the room you eat 3 back to back infernos... I love the zone, but not in its current status, due to the fact that there needs to be something done to it. I'm not one to generally flame a zone or say it horrible but in this instance it happens to be a waste of time. I believe that if you pick up one of the two ideas listed above then the zone will be raced to get done rather than run away in fear when invasion is up. Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Nerox
Lonikiple group-says 'i remember this one time at izans, when nerox said tanks west, and kobob ran 2 west, and spanked the group, you guyz remember that?'

Tiamat shouts 'No, it is you who is fucked!'
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:45 am

If the beards could feedback each other with those infernos that would speed things up!! I remember sitting there going Umm.. gee, if Pidi and I could toss them like that, places like Izans would go MUCH faster.

*grin*

Yes I was there for the first 5 hours. RL sucks, but even I have to sleep having two kids that get up with the dawn. :-(
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:54 pm

Groups of mobs have been formed on the grids to aid in clearing things faster.
The beards have been made a little easier to prevent casting.
Finally, the gloves have had something added.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”