as found on one of my journies

Share your original RP stories here.
amolol
Sojourner

as found on one of my journies

Postby amolol » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:32 am

on one of my journies through a forrest theat i frequent i found a diary. within it were the contents of the life of a guard. here is his story.

It is the year of Torm god of paladins. It is the month of flame rule, Day 14.

Today is the day I shall start keeping a journal of my adventures. Today is my 16th birthing day. It is also the day I am eligible to join the flaming fist guard and serve Duke Elington. Today I shall shop for basic supplies. I shant need much for the guard will provide everything for me.

Day 15,

I awoke today and did not write in it. Therefore I am writing on the eve of the sixteenth two hours after dinner has been served in the mess. Tomorrow my training starts my uniform has already been given to me. I share a bunk with a red headed lad by the name of Lancy. He is from a merchant family; evidently the merchant style of life does not suit him so well.

Day 16,

I was awakened at mist fall this morning, somewhere between the fourth morning chime and the fifth. Once again no time was left in the mornings for my writings so I shall start writing in the evening when I have free time before I sleep. My muscles ache from the regiment of tasks I performed today. I have not yet started training with weapons. I am told that I won’t get to combat for at least a tenday. Today we built a temporary rampart. Or at least we tried to. Tomorrow we shall try again and perhaps it shall withstand more than a single blow from a mace.

Day 17,

Once again my muscles ache from the amount of work performed today. We tried a different form of building this time. Though it took more time to build it was much sturdier when we buried the pikes more than a foot deep. We also lashed the tops of the structure together with a rope that was provided this day. It withstood the mace blow but when the horse kicked it, it fell over. Tomorrow I shall give my idea from something I heard from my grandfathers soldiering days.

Day 18,

Today we built the wooden structure the same but we also added a few rows of spiked long poles in front to ward off the horse. We also place stabilizers in the back to help hold it up incase of a battering ram. This time the captain smirked and walked away. I cannot tell if it was a good or a bad sign.

Day 19,

Today is what the captain called a resting day. We were allowed to go without any tasks but we could not leave the compound to shop or visit our parents. Lancy and I played a few games of chess and threw darts with some of the other recruits. It helped my muscles relax a bit and gave the recruits a chance to relax.

Day 20,

Today was another training day. Today we learned how to care for a suit of armor and how to sharpen and care for a blade. This was not as hard on our muscles but I have a feeling tomorrow will be a bit more physical.

Day 21,

As I suspected, today was more physical. Today we made a circuit through the city in weighted armor as well as a hike around the outside of the city. One of the less conditioned cadets passed out and was returned to the barracks for a whipping. If he does this again he will be discharged and bring shame to his family name.

Day 22,

Today we took another hike. Élan, or so it seems that is his name, managed not to pass out this time but he did vomit. Today we were also made to muck out the stalls and clean the barracks. The armor I wear becomes hot and stuffy I shall wet a rag and place it on my neck and head next time we go on a hike.

Day 23,

Today we cleaned our armor again. As well as did exorcizes to build up muscle. Lancy received a squad leader badge today; he was able to pick 20 of the recruits to start training with as a team. I am one of the twenty and tomorrow we start training with wooden weapons.

Day 24,

Today we started our combat training. My most comfortable weapon is the long sword. In addition to our “personal” weapons we must learn to use a pike, a halberd, and a short sword. Lancy seems fairly competent. I assume it is because he was taught how to manage groups of people. The other recruits seem a little jealous that we were able to start before them. Today they built another temporary wall, they seemed fairly efficient but were still lacking because Lancy picked the twins. Kabari and Gret are as big as northern barbarians. Perhaps they are. They are not as fast in wit but what they lack in thought they make up in muscle twice the amount. They are each a full shoulder and head as tall as a normal man and half again as wide.

Day 25,

We trained again today; we were split apart for most of the day learning our preferred weapons. We chose a secondary preferred today mine is the crossbow. We met in the later part of the day to train with a long pike. After that we were given a one-day leave through the city. Lancy and I went to a bar that I know. Then we went to my parent’s house

Day 26,

We went back to the barracks and relaxed for the day. Lancy and I played chess and discussed battle strategy. Afterwards we spared for a bit. Lancy is better with the pike than I am but once we get closer I have the advantage. I’m a better shot with the crossbow too.

Day 27,

The cadets ran today while we trained with weapons then ran again. There is a rumor that our squad may make it to the black flame force. The black flame force is the elite force of Baulders gate. If we could make that we would be the envy of all of the other soldiers. No cadet force has ever gotten black flame recommendations right out of training. It also seems that Lancy has an aptitude for magic, and may become a battle mage. If he becomes a battle mage then we would truly be a force to be reckoned with.

Day 28,

Today a regiment of dwarven defenders came to stay at Baulders gate. They are a curious people. The tallest one, who seems to be their leader, is no more than five feet tall. He has flaming red hair and has a build like a brickwork building. He has a thick, barreled chest and broad shoulders. In truth, it looks like some mage had wrapped muscle around a keg and added legs, feet and a head. They drink a lot of ale and they talk very gruffly. They seem to hit it off with the twins. Interestingly enough they are a good-natured gentle folk despite their reputation for being able to bash through an oak door with nothing more than their bare head. While watching them train today I learned something interesting about defense. They stick closely together and though they are short they lower their bodies even more and thus become a stalwart bastillion of defense.
Later I asked them to show me some things. I bet next time I challenge Lancy that I will win.

Day 29,

Today we trained with the defenders. It seems that what little that I was shown yesterday was enough to push me ahead of the class. I actually managed to knock one of the defenders down. He then proceeded to take a different stance and no matter what I did I couldn’t get around him or knock him down. The dwarf that I knocked over is named Wodat. After some one on one training they took us on as a group. Though Lancy had been learning magic he was not allowed to use it during this training exorcise. No matter what we tried we could not flank them or break through their shields. Tomorrow I shall ask them to teach me how to do this.

Day 30,

It is two days to shieldmeet. It seems that the dwarves are staying through the holiday. I asked to be taught more today they taught me how to avoid flanking but nothing else. They tell me that if I knew anymore that they would be revealing hundreds of years of secrets. They also seem to be decent brawlers. I spent the morning working out with the trainees and the afternoon learning hand-to-hand combat with Wodat. He keeps telling me to stay low. He tells me that a low centre gives you better balance and will make me a stronger fighter. That evening I practiced my marksmanship with the twins. They had adapted the long bow as their secondary weapon.

Day 31,

Today is the eve of shieldmeet. It only comes around every four years. I spent another day working out and training with the dwarves. In the three weeks that I have been here I have noticed a great improvement in my muscle tone. It is because of this that the dwarves don’t break my bones. There is a tradition that on the eve of shieldmeet one gift is given to one person of your choosing. Several people may end up with several gifts if multiple people chose him as the receiver. Such a thing happened tome today. It seems that three dwarves chose me as their receivers and Lancy chose me as well. This year I cheated and chose two. I have chosen Lancy and Wodat. The dwarves gave me a shirt of chain mail a sword with an ebony black hilt with a fireball engraved on the blade. And they gave me a shield. The shield is a small shield for me but the weight of the shield and chain mail amaze me. Wodat tells me it is made of mithril Lancy’s gift to me was a cloak. He tells me that he put a magical imbuement on it. I gave Lancy a spell book that I found in a shop. And I gave Wodat a mug full of ale, the shopkeeper tells me that he has had it for seven years and the ale has never run out. Nor has the ale inside it ever become warm. This seems like a good gift for a dwarf.

Day 32,

Today is shieldmeet; shieldmeet is the accumulation of the four, quarter days of the last four years. It is the 32nd day of flame rule. This day is filled with parties, celebration, and inebriation of the citizens while government officials make money off of the citizens with their shops.

Day 1 of Eleasis the month of highsun

Today people are recovering from their hangovers from shieldmeet. And the instructors are not being any nicer. We were wakened at the fourth chime of the morning to go running around the town in our armor. I ran in full plate mail today instead of the chain mail that I now own. We arrived back just in time to see the dwarven defenders head back north. I am told that three more foreign troops will be coming to help train us. In the next two months we will be training some of us will graduate early while the rest will stay for the full three-month term.

Day 2,

Today we did more training exorcises. It turns out that my work with the dwarves has paid off. I am now the best fighter in the squad. Not even both of the twins can take me on. I let Lancy look at the sword that Wodat gave me. Lancy tells me that it has the element of fire imbued upon it. This is curious. I can’t wait until I am allowed to use it in training. After a run today we worked out to build more muscle and of course we trained. The slow dull grinding pace is starting to get to me. Besides the dwarves we have had little variation in our routine. I’m starting to doubt my choices to join the guard.
linsow
Sojourner

Postby linsow » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:46 am

:shock: i read that last week!
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:48 am

yea. but the rest of the mud hasnt. not that they wi.ll but i thought i might put up the offer
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:34 pm

i pondered about what i have read and how i came across it. perhaps there is something goinf on in baulders gate. i shall go investigate. i continue reading in awe of the story.
Day 3,

I continue the dull grind of training, running, and building muscle. There is something new needed in my routine. As I am not allowed to leave the compound like the other students except for on holidays there is little for me to do. The black flame guard holds to a different standard than the flaming fist. I can now almost take on the twins by myself. Lancy by contrast hasn’t been training so much on combat though occasionally he does pick up a rapier or short sword. He says that it will encumber his spell casting. I wondered if he might consider a dagger or a dirk.

Day 4,

Today once again we ran trained and worked out. Today I bested the captain with a pike; he seemed a little miffed. Today the twins picked up a new weapon to train with. One had a war hammer and the other an axe. They seemed to be able to swing them with great ease. I took a long sword and a shield. They almost had me, but somehow I managed to perform a defensive stance and stop the hammer blow with my shield. My arm went numb but I managed to finish the fight. Our cleric proclaimed my shoulder dislocated and set it back; He also gave me a salve to put on it.

Day 5,

My shoulder aches with the pain inflicted yesterday. The twins are looking slightly sheepish. We ran trained and worked out once again. Today Lancy and I took on the twins. We beat them without breaking a sweat. Lancy seems very apt at using magic. The two of us seem to be a fairly good team. Tomorrow I will ask the twins to help us take on all of the other recruits; Just to see how good we are, and for a bit of excitement.

Day 6,

My shoulder still aches. It gives me something else to focus on while I jog around the city. Today I talked to the twins and they have agreed to help Lancy and myself. We will challenge the cadets tomorrow and compete at the end of a tenday so that I can be properly healed.

Day 7,

Today we challenged the cadets; the captain said that it seemed like a good idea but that he would be fighting on the side of the cadets. We agreed and so did the cadets, the date is set for the seventeenth. The twins Lancy and myself have been training twice as hard to prepare. My shoulder is still in pain and I have developed a tapestry of colors. Yellows, browns, blues, and purples adorn my left side. I shall ask the cleric for more salve.

Day 8,

Today I obtained more salve, it seems to dull the pain. Lancy has acquired a new robe. It seems to have hidden pockets inside it for his spell components. He also seems to have new spells that he seems to be memorizing. I can’t wait to see them work. He was told that he could use non-lethal spells only. I wonder if he actually has any. The dull grind of training eating and sleeping seems never ending. I will have to change something soon.

Day 9.

My shoulder aches less now. I don’t need to put the salve on but I still do; it frees up my shoulder to move a little bit more. Lancy practiced a few defense spells on me today. He also practiced entangling spells as well as binding spells. He has also enchanted my hand crossbow. It has nearly twice as much range now. Perhaps it will be of some use.

Day 10,

The dull grind of training moves on. If we are not let out soon I shall attempt to scale the walls for a bit of entertainment. We have been training separately from the other cadets; Lancy is in charge of us. We continue the same training regime there are reports of a squad of monks coming to visit. I assume they will teach us about brawling. I have seen one or two of these monks fight when provoked. I would rather not be on the receiving end of their blows; it will be an interesting learning experience.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:06 pm

Day 11,

The monks have arrived. They arrived early this morning. I awoke to the sound of their training. They use no weapons yet fight against swords and other weapons. I walked out and watched them intently. Soon, or so it seemed, Lancy brought me breakfast. It became late morning very fast. These monks seemed to have an endless supply of strength. I joined them for a few bouts; I learned hand grips and a few simple throws. The things that the dwarves taught me seemed to be of little use. Only setting myself low seemed to help. I learned how to strike effectively; a quick jab here a “hook” there. I will probably wake up battered and bruised. The monks are alike and different from the dwarves in many ways. They do not drink or fight randomly about them yet there seems to be the same comrade amongst them. After a while they started practicing what they called cat falls, they seem to be able to jump from heights three times their own height without taking any physical damage. They are a very dexterous sort, they rely on speed and precision rather than strength like the dwarves.

Day 12,

I woke early again but this time I asked if I could join them. They politely obliged and taught me some of their basics. They also fight with pole arms but not as much as their hands. Every one of them has taken a pact to never use a bladed weapon. They are a curious people. Some of them came from rich families some from poor. But in this society it seems that no one is out of place. I spent the day learning as well as the usual training regime. It is five days until we battle the cadets. I intend to learn as much as I can.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:45 pm

Day 13,

The twins seem to be doing extraordinarily well this morning. They are happier than normal, I wonder what they are planning. I went to the training grounds to find the captain talking with one of the monks. This monk wore a slightly different garb than most he very well could be the leader of their group. I waited patiently until they finished talking me. The monk had already noticed me but the captain hadn’t. The captain saw me and motioned me over. We stood there for what seemed like an eternity. Finally he reached into his pocket and produced two small insignias. He handed one to me and told me that the other was to go to Lancy. I wasn’t sure what they were but he told me that they would come in handy some time in the near future. I finished out the day in the same fashion as normal.

Day 14,

Lancy woke me up early last night. He told me what the insignias were for and what they did. Each one allows us to do two things: Levitate at will and become invisible.
This is indeed handy. He told me that they were also gave us command over all other cadets regardless of their status in a squad. After I had gotten over my amazement I went back to sleep. When I woke back up I started out my usual regime of training first with the monks then the teachers then with the twins.

Day 15,

The monks did not train at all today in fact all they did was meditate. Perhaps this day is reserved for the advance of thought instead of prowess. I tried to address one today to find out but he was completely oblivious to my presence. Lancy took me away from them and told me not to disturb them at all. Today Lancy began instructing me in meditation. It is something that I asked him to do when I saw the monks. He seemed more than willing to help. It seems that it is not only for those who use magic or worship a god but it is also used for completely clearing ones mind for a battle.

Day 16,

Tomorrow we fight the cadets; the monks will be here to watch. I wonder if they will encourage me. Today instead of training I spent the day relaxing and clearing my mind. Again today I worked on meditation with Lancy. Time seems to pass by very quickly when I do this but I feel refreshed when finished.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:46 pm

some feedback on this would be welcome. this story will end up eventually going somewhere. there is still more journal after this so please feel free to coment where necissary.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:34 am

Even if it went nowhere, it's interesting to read.

Plus, not everybody's life is a fantasy novel anyway :p
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:54 pm

Day 17,

I woke up early today to find the twins and Lancy already awake. One of the twins game me a smile and said “we thought you were gonna sleep through the whole thing!” Lancy was lots in a trance, resting to regain his lost spells. The twins were playing a game of Sava. I sat down to watch after I got a cup of tea. It surprised me that none of us were on edge about it. It was a very peaceful experience: though very serious. About half an hour before we were supposed to go fight I started strapping on my gear. I took my mithril chain mail in place of the full plate mail. The twins wore their plate mail and Lancy took a light chain mail covered with his robe. As we walked out the entire regiment was there, even the monks were watching. We took our stance and waited for the charge. I never noticed exactly how many cadets were there. It seemed like we waited for an eternity. We all had training weapons to help avoid serious injury. The twins each had great swords I was wielding my long sword and shield. I also had my crossbow and a short sword with me all Lancy had was a dagger. Our general plan was to let the twins fight through the mass and I would protect Lancy as best as I could while he cast around me. As soon as we started Lancy uttered a few words and the captain fell asleep on the spot. The twins started swinging left and right taking down cadets easily. They fought at each others backs as a whirling torment. I was kept busy as well defending Lancy he was casting no lethal spells trapping people left and right. It was over in a few minutes with unconscious cadets and those that were kneeling from being dealt “killing blows”. One of the twins was down but the rest of use remained standing. It was a slight victory, a personal one at the most and it was defiantly a learning experience.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:16 pm

Fresh writing style, haven't seen something quite like it on the boards here. (posting comments as requested :P)
Kesena
Sojourner

Postby Kesena » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:48 pm

Intesting read, I enjoyed it, lil mind candy to pass the time at work. If you plan on doing more, I look forward to reading it.
Gre'as'anto Lani
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:06 pm

once again i stopped to ponder my readings. the day grows dark and i should make a camp fire. when im finished i will continue reading. the story is captivating as if some spell were placed on it to hold the reader to it.

Day 18,

The captain woke up sometime last night having no recollection of the battle. The students that were attacked had bruises and such but there were no serious injuries. Lancy and myself secretly picked two more people that seemed like they might be useful to our little group. One of then named Timis a lighthearted fellow that seemed to have a knack for sneaking around a battle and attacking from the outside rather than head on combat. He has ferret like features and seems to be very good with a set of daggers. The other is named Ellarn he is a studying cleric he is skilled with a mace and also seemed well at throwing healing where needed. We will ask the captain if the two can join us when he has fully recovered from his drowsiness. Today resumed the grind of training and the continuation of boredom. I’m lad for our little distraction.

Day 19,

The monks left today on their march home. The captain said that some Elvin archers will be coming in within the next few days to help finish up our training. More training and still no peek over the walls, our training is almost complete I don’t know if our group will remain with the cadets or become one of the personal guard of Baulders gate. Maybe we will even be sent out on small missions to help fend off the forces of Amn. I am not sure what we are meant for but I hope it will happen soon.

Day 20,

Same dull grind of training, though we did get our two new members they seem content to be by themselves, still shy from the move from one barracks to another. Ellarn seems fairly outgoing despite the shyness. We shared a cup of tea while we talked of our homes. Timis on the other hand seems content to sit in a corner and observe. For now I suppose that it is acceptable. Lancy seems to be a little weary of leaving his things out around Timis. I feel the same; he appears to have a love for shiny things.

Day 21,

I suppose the new company is refreshing. Timis and the twins seemed to hit it off right away. All three of them are fighters. Albeit in a different manner they all enjoy the splatter of blood wherever it can be found. Ellarn, Lancy, and myself seem to enjoy the finer points of battle, more the directing kind. I myself still enjoy the gruesome part of it to an extent. I suppose that it is fitting for all of us, getting away from the home seeing the world and perhaps get into some trouble on the way.

Day 22,

More training. Though we all train in our different ways we are each good at what it is that we do. The twins seem to enjoy bashing each others heads in while Lancy and Ellarn busy themselves with spells. Timis seems to be randomly sneaking here and there picking up bells from around the compound that he had placed earlier. He even had placed some on guards to see if he could get them off. He was caught only once and cursed himself for it. Unfortunately the captain was the one who caught him. He spent about an hour running around the compound. I have busied myself with learning how to wield two weapons instead of one. Perhaps I might decide to learn a few spells from Lancy and Ellarn. The elves arrived later that night by ship. Few people noticed their arrival. I saw it only because I was staring at the water.

Day 23,

Today we met the elves and practiced with our various projectiles. Some threw slings others with bows and others with spears and such. A few of us had opted to take the crossbow. I had a light crossbow myself but with the enchantment Lancy placed on it I might as well have been shooting a heavy crossbow. Out of all hundred cadets that were training with the elves in this session my aim seemed to be the best. But not any ware near as good as the elves. I suppose their heightened sight allows them to be more accurate. After a while of this I stopped to watch the other cadets. Timis seemed to be fairly accurate at throwing daggers. He would rival most drunkards in a bar.

Day 24,

Another session of shooting and throwing today coupled with the standard training routine. At least all of the cadets are hitting the dummies now. Some stick some don’t but at least all are hitting. By tomorrow they will be sticking them I think. After dinner I played a few games of Sava. I have seen it played before but have yet to play it myself. Sava is the Drow version of the human game chess. It is slightly tricky to learn but once you get the basic concept it is a lot easier.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:53 pm

Day 25,

I woke up early today; after I ate breakfast at the mess I met Lancy for another session of meditation. After we finished our session we met the rest of the cadets for more archery practice. Lancy at one point dropped his bow and started throwing glowing darts from his hands. They appeared to come from his fingertips. As they hit the targets they left little scorch marks.

Day 26,

Today the captain woke us while it was still dark. He told us that we were going on a 4-day hike. We were to go from Baulders gate to the city of water deep and back. It will be a change of pace but I feel that there will be a little harder than it sounds. There are many hazards on the path. We started at noon and we marched solid for about 4 hours before we were allowed a break. We broke for about 15 minutes for a short break. We marched for another four hours before we slept. Most cadets slept immediately after the camp was set. I stayed up for a while talking with the captain and Lancy.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:11 pm

Day 27,

We broke early this morning, if I had to guess I would say at about five in the morning. The sun was still on the horizon when we woke the dew was still cold on the grass. A small cold breakfast was eaten and we set out again. Somewhere around noon we broke for a twenty-minute break. The captain announced another eight hours of hard marching before we hit the southern gates. Two hours into it we were attacked by a party of gnolls, there where about 30 of them. Our squad had the lead so we met the first onslaught. It didn’t take the captain long to engage in combat either. Most of the cadets stood around dumbfounded. Finally they engaged and the gnolls were dispatched. It was the first time I had actually killed something. I’m glad that it wasn’t human, if it was I’m sure that it would be harder to deal with. I am surprised at how swiftly we all reacted to the situation. The battle was a victory but not without loss. We lost about 10 cadets and one of the twins was seriously injured. He took the first of the assault completely unprepared for the blow; it surprises me that he is still alive. We stopped just outside of a set of gates. As I recall they were tall and made of solid oak. Fatigued from marching and fighting I don’t remember much from the original entry into the city. We spent the night in the troop barracks. I managed to get this in on the evening of the twenty-eighth.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:08 pm

Day 28,

I woke up late this morning. After last nights ordeals I slept hard. Perhaps to hard. Lancy was waiting for me outside the barracks. He wanted to go for a short jog around the city and see what was to be had. From the small section of the city that I saw it is an enormous place with grand buildings and many traders. The bazaar was teaming with people looking for all sorts of wares. Spell components weapons armor pet’s gems of all sorts. There are allot of taverns about. Most of them play host to adventurers and wanderers. You can defiantly tell that this is the place to be for wealth. A number of pickpockets run around "acquiring" various items. Lancy stopped off at several component booths looking for rare ingredients. While I made myself content by looking at arms and armor. We returned to the barrack around noon and spent a few hours training with the guards. The captain says we will leave tomorrow afternoon. I hope everyone is healed by then.

myspace.com/tgchef
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:45 pm

Day 30,

On the second day of our march we were just north of the town. I could see the smoke stacks in the late afternoon light. We turned west to go around the town and then south past it into a forest. We passed the town with little incident but the forest was alive with life. A magical hum seemed to emanate from the ground its self. The trees seemed to almost move and some seemed to be talking to each other. The captain did not slow his pace so neither did we. Eventually we passed a mound of dirt, which the captain said was an ogre mound. Later we entered a part of the woods covered in spider webbing. We were all wary of touching any of it, but still we kept a fast pace. Even the captain was showing signs of fatigue. We broke out of the forest around nightfall. I could barely see the sun on the horizon. The captain went about two miles away from the forest then turned southwest. Around midnight we finally stopped. I am to tired from running to sleep right away so I talk to the captain while I write this. He says we have one more forest to go through but unless something has changed in the past year then all should be fine. He tells us that we will meet up with the company about ten miles north of Baulders Gate.
Last edited by amolol on Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

myspace.com/tgchef
Lalsed
Sojourner

by the way

Postby Lalsed » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:16 am

by the way, I really like these posts- everytime I check the bbs I look and see if this is updated. So, just so you know it's not going unnoticed, cool style and interesting story thus far.

p.s. post more
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:30 pm

Day 1 of Eleint (the fading)

Today marks the first day of Eleint; we awoke at sunrise. I expect that it was around 5:00 but I’m not sure. Our party continued its march southwest through till noon when we took a break. We were near a small barbarian outpost. They didn’t seem to mind us being there. In fact the twins went so far as to enter the town to trade for rations and water. As we sat ate and enjoyed the sunny afternoon we dipped our feet in a cool stream it was cool and refreshing, probably a glacier run off. We waited about an hour before moving on again. About a mile south we encountered a small or raiding party of about 30. We backtracked to see where it was going. It marched right up to the village and stopped. After short negotiations the orc party moved on further north. I made a note of it and the captain will probably tell duke Ellington. The increased evil race activity concerns me a little. Next thing you know there will be drow raiding parties at night. Our march stopped again at midnight just short of a forest. This forest isn’t nearly like the one we passed earlier it doesn’t have the same magical glow.

Day 2,

We woke up once again at sunrise; we ate in silence and quietly packed up. It seems that we fear the worst about the increasing raiding parties. Our march went strait through the forest and soon we were on the main path to Baulders Gate. We caught up with the rest of the cadets in a few hours less than a days march from Baulders gate the recruits seemed lacking in number. A few of the cadets were attacked by predators during night watch and others feinted on the jog. Some died from exhaustion. They were pushed hard. Some barely managed to keep standing during their break. They had left a day after we did it seems. Which is why we caught up with them so soon. We stopped 10 miles north of Baulders gate. Tomorrow we will enter the gates of our hometown and return to our barracks. Timis and myself stayed up to keep watch. We saw a few dwarf like creatures creeping about. They were short and stalky like a dwarf but they had less muscle. Or rather their limbs were less developed. It seems that someone is watching the traffic of the city.

Day 3,

I reported my findings to the captain in the morning. He seemed slightly worried about it but made no comment. When everyone was packed and ready we left and quick marched to the city gates; some barely made it. We continued a regular march through the city to our barracks. For the rest of the day our squad trained in our usual fashion, the rest of the cadets took the day off.

nearing waterdeep it placed the jornal in my travel pack. i will ask one of my mage friends to see if they can scry the owner of the diary. my next stop is baulders gate. it is a few days south of here if i travel constantly. i shall keep an eye out for the increased raiding parties.perhaps i will trace the foot steps of this mysteriuos writer.

myspace.com/tgchef
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:33 pm

for the reders.those of you that read this story and watch for updates. i usualy update my story on monday wednesday and sometimes friday. everynow and then you will see updates inbetween but check back around noon PST on those days and you will usually find an update.

myspace.com/tgchef
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:10 pm

I am definitely enjoying this story Amolol! Keep it coming!!
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:14 pm

bumbity bump bump

myspace.com/tgchef
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:55 am

as i crested the hill a mile from Water Deep i could see that the gate was still closed. the merchants were just lining up outside the gates so i had at least another hour. i sat against a nearby boulder and took some iron rations out of my pouch. as i knocked the rations against my knuckles i dreampt of a hot meal and a warm bed. such comforts were far and few between upon the road. i sipped at my canteen and continued towards the gate, as i approached a guard smiled at me and i nodded as i passed. the smell of the streets was almost enough to make me vomit. i had been away from "civilization" for to long. despite my longevity of absence i still remembered the path to the dead orc inn a well known place to get a warm meal a soft bed and enough information to make a politician blush. i set up a room and ordered a meal of fried potatoes. as the wench served i asked "do you know of a man by the name of hitecible? or maybe a man named mirlantharn I'm looking for them to answer some questions i had." she politely shook her head and walked away.

after my meal i walked to the bank to withdraw some money i had left in case of an emergency. as i walked around the city taking in the so called jewel of the sword coast i asked for the two men. after inquiring at the mage's guild and a few other of their frequented establishments i learned that they both had gone on separate adventures a quite a few seasons back. unless i could dig up some information on them i doubt i would find any answers. tomorrow i would go to kangs and see what i could gather. for now i would be content sleeping in a soft warm bed and sipping warmed ale bvy a fire.

myspace.com/tgchef
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:30 am

i spent the rest of the night thumbing through the journal for things i may have missed. i read nothing new and found no new clues. as i sat by the fire reading past entries warming myself with hot mead i listened for any sign of my friends. it had been a long while since i was here but i still knew well not to ask about for kang. i caught up withmyself in the journal and decided to read on.

Day 4

we marched back into baulders gate in the early morning. as we passed the gate i noticed that the guard was a bit tighter than normal. when we returned to the compound the captain let us have the day off. i spent the afternoon sparring with the twins and throwing daggers with timis. lancy went to tehe captains office and then to the mage guild to pay his dues. i slept well that night in the comfort of my own bed. less than three months ago my bed was in another section of town, but now im not sure that i could sleep comfortably in that bed if i tried.

myspace.com/tgchef
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:45 pm

i apologize for the sloppiness of the last few additions to the post, i dropped this story almost three years ago. and recently picked it back up again, i dropped it at a very very bad point in the story. at this point i will be needing to RP a bit with amolol to try and discover a little more about the story. even if you know nothing about it at all because im making the whole thing up on the fly i very much so welcome any additions to the story. for the next week i will be waiting on the next portion of the story. and the development relies on you. if you would like to add any suggestions to the story or get your name put down on the story at all just send me a tell in game (wodat tempenible amolol) pm me or mrwite me a date and time in the next week and i will meet you at kangs tavern for a small RP session. if it is a good session or even s mediocre session you will probably make it into the story i will not be taken any he left and got eaten by a dragon abrupt endings and such i would like to draw this out for a while it is something i am going to use for a character build for amolol.

myspace.com/tgchef
Tirtho111
Sojourner

Re: as found on one of my journies

Postby Tirtho111 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:19 am

hello,
interesting read, I enjoyed it and i loved it so far.....by the way, I really like these posts- every time I check the BBS I look and see if this is updated. So, just so you know it's not going unnoticed, cool style and interesting story thus far. keep going.........and good luck
thoracentesis

Return to “Stories”