Paris Hilton Jailed :(

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
ssar
Sojourner

Paris Hilton Jailed :(

Postby ssar » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:40 am

The poor thing.

She is really in jail now, and I am feeling really sorry for her.

Such a fine, upstanding, honourable member of the community shouldn't need to go through such torment

I shall be holding a nightly Paris Vigil and hoping, with all my heart, for her journey though this testing time to be safe and as comfortable as possible for her.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:42 am

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:46 am

Still trying to figure out why anyone gives a shit...
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:39 pm

Corth wrote:Still trying to figure out why anyone gives a shit...

because if she's in jail she can't make any more "home videos"
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:23 pm

I wouldn't wish 30 days in LA County Jail on my worst enemy personally. Not the most friendly of places to do time. She will most likely be put in protective custody. But if not, maybe getting beat up by 300 pound cholas and extorted for money and property everyday will straighten her out in a hurry.
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:08 pm

The depressing thing is that the sentence was supposed to be twice what it actually is. After the judge saying that he would not be lenient on her because of who she (or her father) was, the forty-five days mysteriously got reduced to twenty-three.

It's probably a good thing I am not rich and famous. Knowing I could buy my way out of trouble would pretty much kill my ethics.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:19 am

My Paris Vigil continues for our beloved Miss Hilton, facing such torment and terror in a system of so-called "justice" that has let her, no, let the entire universe down by shattering all our hopes and dreams of human kindness and "a fair go".

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4086983a5620.html

"Paris Hilton has been reduced to a sobbing, shivering wreck just two days into her 23-day jail sentence, and has reportedly stopped eating."

""She's called her lawyer and family, but found it really hard to talk because there's a recording in the background telling her, 'You have one minute left. This call is being recorded'.""

Oh No!
I simply can't beleive she has to put up with such, hardships. :(

The poor dear.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:34 pm

While I'm not nearly a Paris Hilton fan, here are some thoughts:

From what I've heard, she's in solitary confinement. If that's true, it's probably for her protection due to her fame. Either way, 23 hours/day in solitary is a hard deal for anyone to have to endure. Again, I'm not certain this is true, but I heard some news people talking about it yesterday (probably not the best source). But yeah, if it's true, I'd probably be calling my family and shrink if I had to deal with that, too.

Make no mistake--the judge made an example out of her when he sentenced her to 45 days (for better or for worse). Most people can and do get off on these sorts of things with a slap on the wrist--i.e. some community service, probation and the like.

Don't forget, she did turn herself over two days ahead of schedule. That shows some amount of maturity to actually do that. To me, she's shown a willingness to accept her punishment and realizes that the sooner she gets on with it, the sooner the whole thing will be over. Not really an easy thing to do.

And who knows, maybe this will give her some time to reflect on her life and enable her to turn over a new leaf. There's really no telling what these sorts of things will do to a person.

Again, while I'm not a fan of hers at all (I don't want my 8-yr-old daughter knowing anything about her), I'm actually a little impressed with how she's handled herself after all of this came about.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:40 pm

Don't worry folks, she's been removed from jail and assigned to house arrest.

You may now resume your regular life. You didn't think Paris Hilton would REALLY go to jail did you?
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:08 pm

Birile wrote:Make no mistake--the judge made an example out of her when he sentenced her to 45 days (for better or for worse). Most people can and do get off on these sorts of things with a slap on the wrist--i.e. some community service, probation and the like.

tell that to the guy i work with that got 3 years 6 months.

its called the golden rule man...

those who have the gold make the rules!
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:14 pm

SOMEONE went to jail SOMEWHERE for doing SOMETHING.

Obviously Paris Hilton is being given a pass because of her wealth!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:47 pm

Corth wrote:SOMEONE went to jail SOMEWHERE for doing SOMETHING.

she has the best justice money can buy, we are all created equal, some are just more equal than others.

it's not just her, it's anyone with money and or influence, ever see a cop speed for no reason with no lights on? or run a red light?

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:50 pm

Corth wrote:SOMEONE went to jail SOMEWHERE for doing SOMETHING.

This is probably the most ignorant and idiotic thing I think I've ever seen you type corth... Probably the only ignorant and idiotic thing... WTF? Did you get kicked in the balls or something today?
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:33 am

Hrmm.. not quite sure how to react. Didn't realize it was anywhere near as idiotic or ignorant as my usual fare.

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:16 pm

I read it as humor/sarcasm myself .. right on par with the topic at hand

Hell I know of a MUDDER who got 5? DUI's and never got anything but house arrest except the most recent time, think he got 4 or 5 years that time.. he still wont do it all tho .. then will probably drive drunk the night he gets out of jail ..

Here in Va for most *minor* violations, depending on severity, you only do 1/2 the time .. considering it is her first offense I am sure that plus her fame was taken into account .. it is how we are as Americans .. how can we blame the legal system?

I detest Paris Hilton myself, but even us talking about her gives her airtime .. *shrug* we as people often perpetuate the things we hate most by airing them on public venues .. Hate how much people are paid for singing/acting/sports? We still watch em don't we :) Or we build hate websites that cause MORE attention ..
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:46 pm

Since i'm as much a media reading whore as everyone else, here.

http://wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=2406
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:02 pm

Ambar wrote: .. considering it is her first offense I am sure that plus her fame was taken into account .. it is how we are as Americans .. how can we blame the legal system?

I thought she got a few dwi's before, I don't think it was her first offense but I could be wrong. Ever case is different as is every person hence the sentence ranges for crimes etc, so the judge can "make the punishment fit the crime" Besides that it's expensive to keep people locked up, you want to pay more in taxes??!! :P

amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:20 pm

you know if we would stop providing prisoners with 3 full meals a day (these are good quality meals to) cable TV, internet, the brand new in all the magazines and news papers a free weight room a yard to "play" in..... these guys are in jail... it should not be a life that is better than mine. anyways wanna reduce costs stop being so "humaine" as for the hilton thing who the f*ck cares
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:48 pm

Latreg wrote:
Ambar wrote: .. considering it is her first offense I am sure that plus her fame was taken into account .. it is how we are as Americans .. how can we blame the legal system?

I thought she got a few dwi's before, I don't think it was her first offense but I could be wrong. Ever case is different as is every person hence the sentence ranges for crimes etc, so the judge can "make the punishment fit the crime" Besides that it's expensive to keep people locked up, you want to pay more in taxes??!! :P

From what I've overheard in the office, she was already on probation for a DUI when she got pulled over for this one. Her license may have been suspended as well.

The question is what the "normal" sentencing is in that area. Doesn't seem like anyone is bothering to find that out though... then again, I don't watch the news so I may just not have overheard it.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:17 am

From what I read the maximum sentence for her violation of the DUI probation is 90 days in jail.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:12 am

I was juts flipping through channels, and caught this tidbit: It was her third time caught driving with a suspended license, and she showed up late for her sentencing.

I imagine something like that could piss a judge off...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Demuladon
Sojourner

Postby Demuladon » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:16 pm

Code: Select all

"I think all heiresses should be put in prison on general principle," John Cusack, star of Being John Malkovich, High Fidelity and The Ice Harvest, told reporters in Beverly Hills yesterday.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/hilton-gets-little-sympathy-from-cusack-and-jackson/2007/06/10/1181414111345.html
Lathander
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Lathander » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:53 pm

Personally at this point, I think it is a bit of a witch hunt myself.

Lath
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:58 pm

Lathander wrote:witch
did you typo :)
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Drogga
Sojourner

Postby Drogga » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:51 am

im agree with corth. life is so unfair to poor people :P
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:35 pm

Lathander wrote:Personally at this point, I think it is a bit of a witch hunt myself.

Lath

I'm ok with that. It's a great thing for everyone involved... the public gets to see Paris Hilton pretend to be humiliated, and Paris Hilton gets to put on a great show for everyone that guarantees she'll be on magazine covers for weeks.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:15 am

Lathander wrote:Personally at this point, I think it is a bit of a witch hunt myself.

Lath

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=2253

05/09/07

Paris Hilton was photographed YESTERDAY once again driving, even though her license is still suspended and just 5 days after she was sentenced to 45 days in jail for driving on a suspended license.

I'm sure anyone would have gotten a much worse punishment if they pulled that shit.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:33 am

I am continuing my Paris Vigil, intently hoping our sweetheart comes through this trying time OK.

http://www.film.com/celebrities/story/p ... 6/15038453

"she didn't want to have to pee in jail. Because her cell's toilet was visible to passersby, she was petrified that someone would take a picture of her on the pot."

Oh, the poor dear!

We love Paris!
We love Paris!
(not)
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:03 pm

ssar wrote:I am continuing my Paris Vigil, intently hoping our sweetheart comes through this trying time OK.

http://www.film.com/celebrities/story/p ... 6/15038453

"she didn't want to have to pee in jail. Because her cell's toilet was visible to passersby, she was petrified that someone would take a picture of her on the pot."

Oh, the poor dear!

We love Paris!
We love Paris!
(not)

So she's ok with have the country seeing her get screwed, but not with a few fetishists seeing her pee?

moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:21 pm

If I might interrupt this stunningly malice-filled thread for a moment, can someone explain to me why solitary is supposed to break people so easily? I mean, do they load the offending person into a disorientation tank or something? Is there light and sound?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:04 pm

moritheil wrote:If I might interrupt this stunningly malice-filled thread for a moment, can someone explain to me why solitary is supposed to break people so easily? I mean, do they load the offending person into a disorientation tank or something? Is there light and sound?

People generally like to have other people around. I mean, sure at home if no one's around you read or watch tv or do something. In solitary you're in a tiny cell with nothing but your mind for company or activity.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”