The Epic Spank Thread

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
bawog
Sojourner

The Epic Spank Thread

Postby bawog » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:18 am

So after talking with a few people, I've decided to start a thread of what you can remember as the best/funniest/scariest spank you've been involved in. I just find them to be funny and/or frustrating (if yer leading)

I'll start off (I don't have a log sadly)

One time in BC was chantering as I usually do, I got this glass rod from said zone that happened to be room silence, and I thought it was prismatic spray. So he invoked the staff mid Bel fight and killed off a few people, was probally the hardest I laughed in a while.
Lonikiple group-says 'i remember this one time at izans, when nerox said tanks west, and kobob ran 2 west, and spanked the group, you guyz remember that?'

Tiamat shouts 'No, it is you who is fucked!'
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:50 am

Best spank I was ever involved with was the crypts spank where the rogue dragged in 3 extra spectres and the druid and cleric were the only two to live.

Best Sotana group EVAH!!!!! *laugh*
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:06 am

roots spank....

last fight killed 2 evil groups (when there was enough players to have 4 zone groups running at same time) and 1 goodie group that tried to help cr them...

spirit proc'ed like 35-40 mobs....
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:48 pm

BIG roots spank (ryan has way more information) pages upon pages of eq sitting on the ground

and YOUR Izans lead as Pune :P
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:22 pm

Ambar wrote:BIG roots spank (ryan has way more information) pages upon pages of eq sitting on the ground

Yeah. Izans spank was a good one.

Not as good as not having mindblank in Spob that time, but good.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Re: The Epic Spank Thread

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:31 pm

bawog wrote:I got this glass rod from said zone that happened to be room silence, and I thought it was prismatic spray. So he invoked the staff mid Bel fight and killed off a few people, was probally the hardest I laughed in a while.

The person who invoked the glass staff shall remain nameless....cough.

I agree Nerox, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time while mudding.

Silence clamps down on the area.

You say in real life 'ooooh my god'.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:32 pm

Huh, I figured 'Epic Spank' thread would be about self-discovery, wherein pubescent male teens would chime in by the dozens. Thank god it's not!
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:41 pm

Thamos tells you 'o....m....g'
Thamos tells you 'that was sooo room silence'
Teba group-says 'wtf happened there'
Erarim group-says 'apparently someone room silenced'
You group-say 'I thought it was prismatic spray!'
Erarim group-says 'apparently you thought wrong!'

I nearly pissed myself from laughing so hard.

HAHAHAHA oh yea that 4hr CR incident, i remember that! Totally forgot to hide and died over and over again, classic as well.

Heh its was after all my birthday when we did that, and I think I actually stopped playing for a few weeks after that incident, deleveld to 49 iirc.

Keep em coming, chuckling on the ones that I can recall, good times, oh gawd the horrors of when some zones weren't CRable, post em!
Lonikiple group-says 'i remember this one time at izans, when nerox said tanks west, and kobob ran 2 west, and spanked the group, you guyz remember that?'

Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:06 pm

That was my first Spob run, ever. and you quit for like 2 days ;) but it was the weekend of yer Birthday :)

The spank when I first tried to lead Izan's. ;)
my first and last attempt at leading :P
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:09 pm

There was a time very early in wipe when we were doing Scorps. The entire group had gotten beat down except me. I'd dragged every single corpse out and was pulling the last ones into the ress room where everybody was sitting nekkid when somebody very kindly searched me out when I ran for a post-CR potty break.

Scrops love nekkid adventurers... they eat them for lunch. Or dinner. Or a late night snack. I must have had a dinner bell in my back pocket because the king and his entire staff came over for chow.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:20 pm

The roots spank was so bad.. every time we got to the final room on our CR attempts, there was so much spam from all the EQ on the ground that I would lose my link.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Imis9
Sojourner

Postby Imis9 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:49 pm

I'll never forget that Roots spank in 96 or 97. It was Valentine's Day in 97, I believe. Trilca called me on the phone at around 8am or so and said I had to get on.

My worst spank had to be the first time I led CC. A sorc with us was wandering around and died. We had to CR and as we worked our way to the library by Q, it repopped. What a mess that was.

Another was when Jot Invasion was newer and the group got spanked totally at the big fight east of the silence room. It was one of those that at the end, we were using minor created junk just to get across the grid to get the original corpses before they rotted.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:51 pm

The CC spank before the dream.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Cap'n Touk
Sojourner

Postby Cap'n Touk » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:30 pm

I was leading Gith one night when some nasty lag popped up, we couldn't stay connected for long enough to get a 2nd bash off, needless to say the Githyanki had fun. I was falling asleep by about 6am, seashell necklaces were poofing as corpses rotted, and Mplor popped on in the morning and graciously helped CR.

T
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:34 am

Once again, Rich .. who was that mage who walked his group into Ghore? mmm farsight ftw!!!

-Italian Proverb
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:27 am

Tia fight right after She came back in...

Someone dropped a pile of pcorpses in Ghore... I wasn't in the corpse pile, but I was helping to look for them!!!

Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'

Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:18 am

Lilira wrote:Tia fight right after She came back in...

Someone dropped a pile of pcorpses in Ghore... I wasn't in the corpse pile, but I was helping to look for them!!!

lol :) that reminds me of having to soulwalk to a Vigis corpse in the snake hometown. I think he entered the wrong portal or something, but was fun trying to loot and word a couple times, before getting killed by the guards :)
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:26 am

Lilira wrote:Tia fight right after She came back in...

Wasn't Tia. It was BC before they fixed the door. Pril was playing as Agor and called the portal safe...portal went to Ghore. I got about 10 of my corpses through but was too low on moves to get them back out when the alarm bell started going off. I finally got all of them back thanks to the help of A LOT of people.

Best part of that trip though was thinking I had won the dagger and Pril making us re-bid so he could get his half point bid in there :) I don't recall who said it, but I'll never forget the words "That's TWICE Agor has fucked you tonight Vigis!" Good Times :)

Edit #2: Just remembered the BEST part of that trip. Somebody was dragging our corpses and ended up dragging them into a perm-dark !ground room. Kiryan had to RP to get them back.

And yeah Duna, I remember jumping that portal to snakeville :)

My favorite spank (aside from the obligatory Morispanks) was CC with Pril leading it. I think we went through 3 or 4 complete spanks before Touk took pity on us and helped us take out Q. By that point, every person in the group had cleared out every alt and storage cache of spare gear. I think by the time we won, I was making do with a minor created shield and dagger so I could hit bashes.

My other favorite one was also CC. I was wielding the MD evil only sword and pitched it while fighting Q. Q of course picked it up, wielded it, and proceeded to proc wither, blind, etc. on me :)

Edit #1: Some of my favorite spanks ever: http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopi ... highlight=
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:53 pm

Ambar wrote:Once again, Rich .. who was that mage who walked his group into Ghore? mmm farsight ftw!!!

I worded with everyone's gear and was overloaded and over the memory cap thing waiting for someone to get into the WD priest guild. Fun times.

I loved any spank where we had to break into CR gear and ghetto our way back to our gear. With no risk of equipment loss, spanks are just an annoyance because its just more time you have to exp.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:10 pm

Amen, all my favorite spanks were from back in the early days of wipe. Back when my skills weren't full, when I still stood a chance of getting caught, when getting it and getting out was actually my skill instead of what the game considered to be skill, when "breaking in" meant breaking a sweat and being nervous in your seat about the potential outcome.

I remember being in a group that had their collective asses handed to them in SG. Man, that was fun. Scouring Clouds for idiots who lost their minds in a bad fight and ended up playing pinball all over Wonderland, annoying, but a total blast. Having the wrong mobs walk into Astral fights, and getting your ass kicked by your own tank, and getting so cheesed about the damage he's putting out you want the cleric to stop healing him mid-battle, and every tank that rescues ends up blinded by his ebony. Sending tells to people doing exp in IC to let them know we were getting ready to do werewolves, because we KNEW those bastages were capable of bending us over backwards and making us their bitches.

What made it fun was knowing we stood very good chances of getting smacked down in the hardest, most humiliating fashion possible, but we were there anyway.

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:04 am

Lilira wrote:Best spank I was ever involved with was the crypts spank where the rogue dragged in 3 extra spectres and the druid and cleric were the only two to live.

I'm not sure if I was in this particular group, but it sounds FREAKISHLY similar to another crypts spank I was in.. at least since torilmud. There are a few others before (soj2) that were pretty spankalicious.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:09 am

Duna wrote:lol :) that reminds me of having to soulwalk to a Vigis corpse in the snake hometown. I think he entered the wrong portal or something, but was fun trying to loot and word a couple times, before getting killed by the guards :)

this happened recently to another barb warrior... silly warriors.

but a snake and myself were able to CR him.

illusionists rock.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:13 am

My worst CR memory is Dragonia.

Lost two sets of EQ. back when amethyst rings were 60 hps !bits. Most guildies lost their eq, too. I stopped playing for about a year, too.

I think there were at least two, maybe three sets of CR gear from at least two groups on the ground.

In a silent room surrounded by dragons that wandered...
Oghma
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Oghma » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:48 am

One of my favorite spanks was a crypts run where we were in the room just south of the sarcophagus or whatnot, when all of a sudden a player who shall not be named was ported into our room on accident by Miax. A few flees later, we had a bunch of deathknights and spectres, and a group full of pcorpses. I remember losing level due to a failed ress, and cussing Miax out via petition. He ended up giving me a bunch of exp (more than was warranted) probably just to shut me up.

Fun times.
Oghma The Lord of Knowledge, God of Bards
[ Administrator ] of TorilMUD
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:02 pm

hrmm.. now that I think about it, there was that one time in magma, sarell lead it.. we were in about 9 or so hours when like i was like ok I'm done.. like we just kept throwing ourselves at the last dragon guy, i think we wiped god, like 8-9 times at least, the funniest was like.. Gormal was like ok! FIC! and like charged in, I followed him, like the dragons hit him maybe twice and he like crumpled to the ground dead, I tried to flee but it just wasn't happening, that was a really funny/frustrating night.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:48 pm

Targsk's Roots spank. The one where the goodies even came in to help but the roots spawned an insane amount of spirits and all the spam just kept making people DC and spank further.

It was such a mess it was funny. :)
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:16 am

Okay, I have to nominate a few of my own memorable spanks:

1. 58 deaths in CC that ultimately involved 3 full groups (something was buggy with the dragons.) I went in as CR group 1 and we got toasted. I think Omrec came with a 3rd CR group, and I know Ashiwi died like 8 times and volubly reminded me about it after. I can't even remember who the original group's leader was. This is my all-time highest record for spank in a normal zone.
2. Imix invading Brass.
3. Off-planar spank: "I just want to take a closer look at this dragon." (Said by MT . . . who wandered off with other tanks attached.)
4. Levitating Jabber. It would have been funnier if it hadn't happened at 3 AM.
5. 10.5 hour crypts run, with 4 spanks, 3 crashes, and 1 emergency reboot.
6. There was a rumored "spank in pods" that dogged me for ages. I never actually spanked there; we just killed a global load dragon there and some people died, and it got inflated into "Mori managed to spank in pods!" :D

Oghma wrote:One of my favorite spanks was a crypts run where we were in the room just south of the sarcophagus or whatnot, when all of a sudden a player who shall not be named was ported into our room on accident by Miax.

I remember that! I wasn't on that run because at the time I was burned out on crypts following my really bad run.

Llaaldara wrote:Targsk's Roots spank. The one where the goodies even came in to help but the roots spawned an insane amount of spirits and all the spam just kept making people DC and spank further.

alendar wrote:roots spank....

last fight killed 2 evil groups (when there was enough players to have 4 zone groups running at same time) and 1 goodie group that tried to help cr them...

spirit proc'ed like 35-40 mobs....

Mm, I was there for that! Good times.

Vigis wrote:My favorite spank (aside from the obligatory Morispanks) was CC with Pril leading it. I think we went through 3 or 4 complete spanks before Touk took pity on us and helped us take out Q. By that point, every person in the group had cleared out every alt and storage cache of spare gear. I think by the time we won, I was making do with a minor created shield and dagger so I could hit bashes.

Oh man, Qspanks.

Tasan wrote:The CC spank before the dream.

I wasn't a part of it, but I certainly recall it. That's the one with the dozens of titanium rings on the floor, right? :P

Lilira wrote:Best spank I was ever involved with was the crypts spank where the rogue dragged in 3 extra spectres and the druid and cleric were the only two to live.

I don't remember if this is the same one, but I was in one where I and another caster were the last to live, and we were down to cure serious and potions at the end, and just tossing out nukes. The ranger even cast all his cure criticals while tanking before he died :P

Hmm, does anyone remember the MD spank where all the summoned demons kept summoning more demons?

I should also put in a word for any and all multi-lich fights (i.e. Paracs after procs went in.)
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:20 am

I don't remember which incarnation of Toril/Sojourn this was, but we had a great run of spanks when Jurdex led us through brass. We were all passing out at keys while we tried to come up with enough prot fire gear to CR from repeated spanks.

Another memorable one was when we kept dying in Hulburg, Eil had one of my favorite globals ever. It ended with Lili self-deleting and Jhorr trying to get us safely out. Good times.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:20 pm

Hmmm theres loads of good ones but I having trouble remembering many. So many great spanks.

Crypts spanks always make me laugh, so many classic spanks in that zone.

Sok's IC2 run right after remo changes.

Many a spank on the archivist and the chaos that follows.

One of the worst for me was the 18 hour evil SPOB run. I feel asleep on my keyboard by the 15 hour mark and woke up just in time to do the last two fights.

One of my favorites though, even though its not quite a true spank, was the day Artikerus proc'd a handful of gith knights in DK and got loads of people caught in the cross fire.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:12 pm

rofl..

Artikerus proccing Damn Giths in the Cemetary south of WD... ya know, the one with the level 35? level cap?

That was entertaining to deal with!!! People sitting outside to spell the babies up so we could run in and try to kill it.

Clan Blindhammer
Sojourner

Postby Clan Blindhammer » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:20 pm

It was called 'population control'. I was helping ease the burden of overpopulation in Waterdeep.
King Artikerus Blindhammer
---------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'I have no opinion, keeps me out of trouble.'
Malar responds to your petition with 'you die more than a morigroup'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'please go away :P'
Rillifane responds to your petition with 'be the nance.... you are the nance... you are one with the nance...'
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:38 pm

In the cemetery... Mmmmhmmmm...

I have some ocean front property in Arizona for ya...

moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:40 am

Hmm, so according to this, in general new procs = fun memories.

Though I do have to say that my memories of when new beholder procs were imped are not fond.

Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:58 am

There was the infamous Roots spank back in '97, of course. I think I may have helped in the tail end, and of course the ensuing chaos where loads of EQ mysteriously went missing..

But there were a few Crypts spanks that were just awful. One in particular stands out. It was an instance where I had to take my Jot (if I recall) group down and help out, and we even ended up spanking due to where the mobs were and the pop. We were the third full group to go in, I believe. It ended up being I think 40+ unique corpses in there, let alone the duplicates.

Dornax
Jurdex
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:18 pm

almost forgot Zobex quaking in the lich only circlet fight!

almost as classic as the glass rod in bc
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:34 pm

The time Ruraz was sitting for BC and decided he wanted to go in for the next round on Bel. Total spank and no sitter :)
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:47 pm

Lessee.....*deep breath*

1. SPoB: Raxar's - 15 hours. Qazap's - 13 hours. Feezuu's - 13 hours. Larim's - 11 hours (aborted).

2. Roots. My spank courtesy of the fixed bug with tree summoning all roots in zone becoming unfixed. The epic spank back in '97 where I had everyone's gear. Kris had to use an imm bag to hold half of it, the other half almost completely filled my portable hole. Kris had to do a backup from the day prior to the spank due to dishonest people.

3. Crypts. Too many to count. I can think of at least a dozen where the zone took 2-4 hours.

4. Nerox's Izan run.

5. The CC spank where half the country dropped off the web due to some major ISP outage. The imms wouldn't cut us a break, and everyone came back almost 24 hours later (NOTE: This was back when crashes happened frequently. This was a miracle in and of itself!) to a HUGE spammy screen of eq (mostly all in 1 room) on the ground. Kris again ended up having to do a backup from the day prior. Twinks.

6. 18-24 hour Tia runs due to retarded clerics not knowing how to use fheal pendants properly. Way too many to count.

7. More to be added when I can actually remember some of the more obscure ones...:P
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:30 am

ANY group that starts with

Targsk tells you "consent"

-Italian Proverb
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:26 am

Wasn't a spank, had a few deaths, but a Crypts run led by Sotana where my ISP dropped in the middle of us going and I (as Eya) got left in the room with the sarcophagi. After spending an hour on the phone with my provider they finally got it fixed and I spent some time on skype while the group broke BACK in to get me out.

And to this day I love everyone who immediately jumped back into the group of their own accord to rescue me, as well as the people who jumped in to fill in the blanks.

moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:28 pm

Oh man, I forgot to mention Zenriel's war against Kossuth back in the day. He sigged that for the longest time . . . "The lord of the iron wastes holds up his hammer, shouting 'weak fools!'" It began as me leading Jot with a skeletal group and escalated into an epic struggle to recruit more for Kost and other rareloads, marred by mud lag that killed Ashiwi at least half a dozen times. I voluntarily turned the group over to him since at that point I hadn't led Kost before. The whole thing took ~11 hours due to people refusing to help since lag would get them killed.

For some reason the SPOB spanks I was in weren't as memorable, but I think I was there for Larim's aborted run. If memory serves we had come to the conclusion that a large number of us just had to leave by that point.

Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:53 pm

Ambar wrote:ANY group that starts with

Targsk tells you "consent"

That's not true. :P

I've only had 3 real bad spanks that I can recall. One being the infamous pit (otyugh had friggin dragonkin procs) in TTF.

If you want guaranteed spank, you consent Qazap or Moritheil. *duck*

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:59 am

moritheil wrote:an epic struggle to recruit more for Kost and other rareloads, marred by mud lag that killed Ashiwi at least half a dozen times.

I remember that one. We'd been up there for hours and hadn't taken out a single one, and I finally got so ticked off at the mobs that I threw up my hands and went in and suicide-assassinated one. That was actually one of the hallmark moments that totally addicted me to roguing.

It was also one of the hallmark moments that taught me that my place in the mud was in the corpse pile.

bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:44 am

4. Nerox's Izan run.

Oh come on that one wasn't too bad was only like what 60 pcorpses or so! I still say that battle bard cheated, and did it with a blind entry *cackle* will always keep this in my logs...

Kramel ASSOC: 'we doing this !rogue?'
You ASSOC:: 'hell yea why not'
*Spank ocourred*
Kramel ASSOC: 'so how bout that rogue?'

Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:28 pm

Yasden wrote:If you want guaranteed spank, you consent Qazap or Moritheil. *duck*

my shaman doesn't consent Q for this very reason :)
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:52 am

Oh common now. Take it easy on Qazap. He only had a few bad ones as he was getting the hang of it. I lead some pretty bad spanks in nearly every zone available in my day, but that's how you learn to do it. In defense of evil leaders past, I should add that working with evils to lead zones is much more difficult, and always has been. Still had a very good time doing it. Well... 90% of the time.

We have to go easy on people that are willing to lead. It is becoming more and more rare now that anyone wants to even try it. Mostly in part to harsh critisisms from people that are far to lazy to even contemplate it themselves. I'm not applying that last sentance to you, Raiwen. There are a very large number of people that do it, though.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:57 pm

Jaznolg wrote:He only had a few bad ones as he was getting the hang of it.

-only
#sub few {almost every zone he led for a good 6 months}

And yeah, he was getting the hang of it, but we still have to give each other a hard time when we have crappy leads, even if the spanks weren't our fault. As a leader, you always get stuck with the blame in some form.

I'm just bustin' his balls. He was an ex-guildie back in the OD days, same way we busted on Feezuu for his SPoB lead.

Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:39 pm

Back in OD we had a special forum on our BBS where we roasted Targsk (especially after his TTF lead)--he was the only one not given access to the forum. It was great fun. :twisted:
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:57 pm

Jaznolg wrote:We have to go easy on people that are willing to lead. It is becoming more and more rare now that anyone wants to even try it. Mostly in part to harsh critisisms from people that are far to lazy to even contemplate it themselves. I'm not applying that last sentance to you, Raiwen. There are a very large number of people that do it, though.

I'd love to learn to start leading zones personally. I'm not the greatest zoner in the world, working on that, and when I get decent, I want to start leading some. However, seeing some of the bs people dish out, makes me worried about the crap I'd have to deal with. Especially trying to lead a zone fairly new to me, with a group full of people who all know it well enough to lead it. That'd be a damn nightmare.

Everyone's got a learning curve. Let em get past it!
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:28 pm

Oghma wrote:One of my favorite spanks was a crypts run where we were in the room just south of the sarcophagus or whatnot, when all of a sudden a player who shall not be named was ported into our room on accident by Miax. A few flees later, we had a bunch of deathknights and spectres, and a group full of pcorpses. I remember losing level due to a failed ress, and cussing Miax out via petition. He ended up giving me a bunch of exp (more than was warranted) probably just to shut me up.

Fun times.

Is this the same spank that I think it is?? If this is the same spank that I think it is, then this is the same spank where I say 'you rock for keeping my name out!' and where I so shamelessly plead the 5th! Of course only if this is the same spank that I think it is! I think! it...is! same spank is! this!

I thought that spank would have been forgotten by now--if it is the same spank that I think it is. And if it is the same spank that I think it is, then I'm sooooo terribly sorry, if it is the same spank that I think it is!

:/ *hides face in her hands* I did not know any of that happend til I logged on the next day and got flooded with tells from chest heaving, nostril flaring, pissed off players! Well, a bit exageration there but still annoyed with me for that night's event. And who could blame them? I'd be annoyed, too!.....that's if that is the same spank that I think it is! ;)
When poverty comes knocking on your door, love escapes through the window.

-German Proverb-
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:16 pm

Haha, merciless criticism is also a tradition!

To some extent, the learning curve for leading incorporates the learning curve for ignoring verbal abuse. It also incorporates learning curves for your own class and other key classes. If you have bad ideas about what classes do, or about when and how people die, you will be disabused of them after a few spanks.

Also, leading blind when the group knows the zone isn't so terrible. It can be embarrassing at first, but just explain that you haven't led the zone before. They'll either demand that someone else lead - and you can learn it - or they'll say they don't care.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”