Citadel

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
torkur
Sojourner

Citadel

Postby torkur » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:20 pm

Not going to bitch, but just curious....why was it upped so horribly? I just tried multi-ing and with help formed a group of 6 and spanked horribly on 6th level. Much cursing followed and the cr involved over an hour of help from Simon.

The gear isn't top or second tier and is mainly used in quests. It pops even with people in it and alot of the mobs are not pwbable given they are flagged cleric. You can still run about and twink some if you're a rogue, but it has been destroyed for anything straight up small groupwise which was its niche for years before. While I think before being soloable was a little too easy for a single lvl 50 shaman, now the lvl 53 blocking aggro cleric war trackers at every exit, the tons of come to combat lvl 35-45 cleric mage warrior types and various normal other mobs seem extreme. The best item from it is a pair of DI goggles.....honestly seems like a waste and why noone wants to bring the 10+ ppl zone groups needed for it.

Anyway it can be looked at to keep the difficulty, but not make it so silly?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:08 am

Morena finished this zone a year ago easily.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
muxxissinix
Sojourner

Postby muxxissinix » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:14 am

Citadel is still a pretty easy zone if you know what you are doing :P
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:24 am

I can also sell you a Fianna mask if you want. Will trade for Luminous quicksilver.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:15 am

given the guardians are so annoying, I don't recall anything but groups of four getting spanked. Lili, me, and forgot who else had to help CR and it was still a bitch. There's DI specs, the mask/boots are fairly nice, but definitely not 'zone' quality. *shrug* Anything Lilithelle seems to solo stuff, the entire zone gets upped. Hell, just look at how Scorps items involved were so hosed. Not only did the items get crapped on, the mobs therein were upped to boot. What's the point besides overkill and underthrill.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:50 pm

Get an illusionist. That whole zone can be done with 3 people without too much trouble, and can be done solo with a little ingenuity in handling the elementals. Its an illusionists playground.

I find it harder with a group of people actually. I think that is kind of a cool quirk for zone that is mainly for quests.

BTW, when did this get upped? I was in there not even a couple months ago and didn't notice any increased difficulty.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:48 am

I am quite aware you can teleport and fold/well/gate people in and I am quite aware you can lure off the guardians blocking the stairs. That was how we cr'd actually. I evidently will have to do so again unless I want to drag a group of 10+ for gear noone wants to wear other than situationally. The point still stands as to why they were upped from previous?

It wasn't done on the "preferred list" before the changes, but was fun as a lvl 35-40 zone. Now it's twink or WAY overpowered fights for rewards. Not like anyone in the thread has EVER pointed this out on anything else....

Dartan- Put your mask on a char with 80 agility and see how well it does finding hidden mobs or against ones that cast para. Or where you not once always bitching shaman got para'd in zones too often? I forget since you bitch 24/7 and don't know how build different kits it seems.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:02 am

I thought it was cool the way it was. You can still do it solo: it just isn't fun anymore so you don't. Mind you it certainly isn't fun doing it as a group either when you could be doing a better zone. So I guess I think they took a fun solo / low level zone and made it into a boring zone for no apparent reason. Put it back how it was? (Jot too plz)
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:18 am

torkur wrote:I am quite aware you can teleport and fold/well/gate people in and I am quite aware you can lure off the guardians blocking the stairs. That was how we cr'd actually. I evidently will have to do so again unless I want to drag a group of 10+ for gear noone wants to wear other than situationally. The point still stands as to why they were upped from previous?

It wasn't done on the "preferred list" before the changes, but was fun as a lvl 35-40 zone. Now it's twink or WAY overpowered fights for rewards. Not like anyone in the thread has EVER pointed this out on anything else....

Dartan- Put your mask on a char with 80 agility and see how well it does finding hidden mobs or against ones that cast para. Or where you not once always bitching shaman got para'd in zones too often? I forget since you bitch 24/7 and don't know how build different kits it seems.

For the billionth time, you keep crying about the whole sense-life/infra crap. Yes, Fianna mask is fairly decent, but it is only good on ranger/rogues. Randar's mask is much better in situations where you actually get switched to frequently (clerics, mages, sometimes tanks for some reason).

That's why you wear +agi gear (ashgorrock gloves, TTF belt, gith invasion earring, GF cape, oberon sleeves, helm of petrified worms, dwarven amulets) or roll 100 agi. Then you boost your maxagi so it hits elven. See that Tiamat log of me tanking 11 demons when Dlur was mortally wounded? If you were there, that was maybe the 3rd time that happened and people kept dying when it happened except for me... Also, I get my sv para on my tank with randar wristguards (omg they suck), mage/cleric from marble bracers, and congealed blood earrings on my rogue...

You're right though I do bitch about things 24/7 but people still agree with me and say I'm right. People just laugh at you saying l2play. Even your own guildmate is doing it lol. Your kits do suck and you still don't have a good grasp of how to gear yourself out. Maybe Lilithelle can show you?

sv para is very common on congealed blood earrings and mage/clerics can use bc bracelets and green marble bracers. Also, it's better to use gf mask for min/maxing.

Barbarian shamans got para'd so often due to a code error...

You tell Krenalazmagg 'yo'
<254h> t Krenalazmagg do you remember if barbarian shamans use to get para 100% before
You tell Krenalazmagg 'do you remember if barbarian shamans use to get para 100% before'
<254h> t Krenalazmagg and they fixed it so they didn't
You tell Krenalazmagg 'and they fixed it so they didn't'
<254h>
TICK IN 5 SECONDS.
Krenalazmagg tells you 'yeh, when seelie first started people were taking 2 shaman at least just incase'
Kalessar gets a set of flayed demonleather sleeves from his heart of the forest.
<254h>
Kalessar covers his arms with a set of flayed demonleather sleeves.
<254h>
Krenalazmagg tells you 'it was definately a bug'
<254h> reply wasn't there something in the code and eilistraee fixed it
You tell Krenalazmagg 'wasn't there something in the code and eilistraee fixed it'
<254h>
Krenalazmagg tells you 'like the saves were reversed or something dumb like that'
<254h>
Krenalazmagg tells you 'yep'

You see, the beauty of flaming is the truth will always set you free. In this case, I have the truth and it set me free from your useless flame. I'm not sure what I waste my time more on. Recovering from Cofen wipes or responding to your stupid flames (2 flames in one, sup Cofen).

Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:31 am

Dalar wrote:
torkur wrote:I am quite aware you can teleport and fold/well/gate people in and I am quite aware you can lure off the guardians blocking the stairs. That was how we cr'd actually. I evidently will have to do so again unless I want to drag a group of 10+ for gear noone wants to wear other than situationally. The point still stands as to why they were upped from previous?

For the billionth time, you keep crying about the whole sense-life/infra crap. Yes, Fianna mask is fairly decent, but it is only good on ranger/rogues. Randar's mask is much better in situations where you actually get switched to frequently (clerics, mages, sometimes tanks for some reason).

That's why you wear +agi gear (ashgorrock gloves, TTF belt, gith invasion earring, GF cape, oberon sleeves, helm of petrified worms, dwarven amulets) or roll 100 agi. Then you boost your maxagi so it hits elven. See that Tiamat log of me tanking 11 demons when Dlur was mortally wounded? If you were there, that was maybe the 3rd time that happened and people kept dying when it happened except for me... Also, I get my sv para on my tank with randar wristguards (omg they suck), mage/cleric from marble bracers, and congealed blood earrings on my rogue...

You're right though I do bitch about things 24/7 but people still agree with me and say I'm right. People just laugh at you saying l2play. Even your own guildmate is doing it lol. Your kits do suck and you still don't have a good grasp of how to gear yourself out. Maybe Lilithelle can show you?

sv para is very common on congealed blood earrings and mage/clerics can use bc bracelets and green marble bracers. Also, it's better to use gf mask for min/maxing.

<254h> t Krenalazmagg do you remember if barbarian shamans use to get para 100% before
You tell Krenalazmagg 'do you remember if barbarian shamans use to get para 100% before'
<254h>
TICK IN 5 SECONDS.
Krenalazmagg tells you 'yeh, when seelie first started people were taking 2 shaman at least just incase'
Kalessar gets a set of flayed demonleather sleeves from his heart of the forest.
<254h>
<254h>
You tell Krenalazmagg 'wasn't there something in the code and eilistraee fixed it'
<254h>
Krenalazmagg tells you 'like the saves were reversed or something dumb like that'
<254h>

You see, the beauty of flaming is the truth will always set you free. In this case, I have the truth and it set me free from your useless flame. I'm not sure what I waste my time more on. Recovering from Cofen wipes or responding to your stupid flames (2 flames in one, sup Cofen).

even i knew that...
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:33 am

Inames wrote:
Dalar wrote:

<254h>
TICK IN 5 SECONDS.
<254h>
<254h>
<254h>
<254h>

even i knew that...

lol

torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:10 pm

Dalar wrote:

<254h>
TICK IN 5 SECONDS.
<254h>
<254h>
<254h>
<254h>

So much for talking about Citadel being fun early in the wipe and being changed in silly anti-group ways.....

I was going to write a long response, but really it's not worth it. You're completely right Dartan. There are no better min/max options better than quicksilver mask like erlans medallion, magma boots, ttf sleeves, or gd boots and you're not a tank until you hit elven agility notch.

This makes me realize just how wrong I am. Please teach me how to be like you. I just can't seem to jerk off to Blood Dome and Tiamat tanking logs and I don't get an erection from finding rares. :( How do I start this? I know I also play the wrong classes, like Paladin, the wrong races, like non-elven, and the wrong gender, like male. My gear is completely crap like all the rest of the rogues and tanks who wear the same stuff. I am regularly laughed at when asked to help guildies on fights because my gear just sucks that much and I want to make it stop!

Btw, how is the new Paladin working out for you? Need me to help bitch about how game breaking forced tog vicious is in your thread? I can Bait some gods into an arguement if you like, but I know it's nowhere near your baiting skills, Master.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”