I for one, would like to welcome our new Kiaransalee

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Dalar
Sojourner

I for one, would like to welcome our new Kiaransalee

Postby Dalar » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:17 am

How's it going Calladuran? I hope you're having a great day.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:19 am

owned.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:03 am

I still think your 3000th post disappearing is > this.

I mean really... that's just a teabagging and a half.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Lathander
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Lathander » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:23 am

Now wait a minute.

Calling someone on the current staff "Kiaransalee" is really below the belt. I was around in the old days, and no one on the admin staff is like the old crew. I know it's fun to be wacky and stuff, but Calladuran is simply doing his part to help the mud.

Listen, I chuckled when I saw Dart's post on the admin board. I also believe Calla did exactly the right thing to move it. In real life, I have to police people's email so while I may find a joke or picture comical, it is also necessary to maintain a particular atmosphere. Posting big swinging boobs can be funny, but they are not the right thing to put on the Toril BBS. We're not even going to discuss the sweaty blonde and the other picture of the ass grabbing. Your solution of a link off the board would've been better.

In short, Calla did the right thing. If any of you were actually in charge of running something, you would be concerned about appearances and have done largely the same that Calla did.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:38 am

You're comparing your real life job to a recreational webpage? No... I'm sorry but the thread was entertaining and less offensive than things that've been previously posted. There were solutions open that didn't involve deleting it. People post about pirating music, using drugs, and other things that are right up there with mild sexuality. We're adults, I think we can handle a little titty.

I'm not here to be professional, I'm here to have fun. What is this type of administrating doing to contribute to the players' fun? Maybe they could spend a little more time screening in game character descriptions, or something in addition to the usual trouble calls, rule violations, etc. Ninja-deleting people's threads is not only pointless, but its extremely disrespectful.

Yes, I'm coming off harsh on this but I actually took the time to put together a funny thread that even you have agreed was hillarious and it gets killed because we could possibly offend someone! Well now you HAVE offended someone. I'm offended that we're treating GD as such serious business.

Culladuran was out of line. Period.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:38 am

Gorm, some of the stuff you post can be out of line too. I wonder how you would enjoy being called Kia or something of the nature.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:50 am

Sure I get outta line from time to time. But there's a distinction to be made between saying something and doing something. I don't have to power to do anything thats going to affect anyone aside from pissing them off, the staff does. We all have different opinions and choose to communicate in our owns ways, but opting to take action against a player and choosing the lazy way out isn't acceptable.

As for someone calling me Kia, it wouldn't bother me because it makes no sense... calling an overbearing admin, Kia, really gets people's attention though. Hell, get Call to come in here and call me the next Toddrick for making s2 shut down, its not going to bother me. I've been caught breaking the rules before and I admit it when I do, staffers are not infallible and should admit when they screw up.

Look at Eilistraee calling me out in the 2.0 discussion, he got me good. If the staff got involved on the bbs more and were in tune with their playerbase, maybe there wouldn't be so much dissension eh? I think a large problem is this illusion of the "silent majority" that's always held up against the troublemakers like myself, Corth, and Dartan. The fact is that just being here makes you a minority now, and you can't apply the same philosophies to the game that worked in the past.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:52 am

I think you kind of relieve them of having to admit error by calling them Kia.

I mean really.

It's like calling out people on driving Korean cars.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:58 am

I would say that it more forces them to step up and defend or apologize for their actions.
Callarduran
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Callarduran » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:08 pm

Oh no, Dartan is calling me names! Whatever shall I do?

Gormal, the reason I didn't respond is because - I wasn't here. I had better things to do last evening.

The post was removed because it was offensive for a public BBS. Lathander has it exactly right. You want a rules explanation? Fine. In general, I follow the rule of OOC with this. If it is sexist, offensive, or otherwise out of line, it gets edited, moved, or deleted. We have, in general, been flexible regarding what is posted on the BBS, but that was out of line and you know it.

You want to complain about other editings that have been done to you lately? Bring it up with someone else. I didn't do it. Enjoy.
Iduna
Sojourner

well, I thank you!

Postby Iduna » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:27 pm

**Applause** Callarduran, Keeping the BBS Clean of course is your job and no matter how old any of "us" are it needs to be done, no one knows how old others browsing maybe... And, I appreciate you looking out for those of us adults who don't care to have a "lil titty" forced upon us...(as in forced I mean no warning....just a click and Bam! in your face...*flee*)

Mz Prudy...
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:08 pm

Iduna, I already suggested how to add a warning but you're convieniently ignoring that. And Call, even if you didn't do the other prunes, you still DID have time to respond and lock one thread with only a smart assed remark, so yes, you have been home.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:59 pm

Jumping on the admins for pruning threads is so three years ago. Surely there's something better to complain about, like 2.0, long uptimes, or ... me.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:06 pm

Shevarash wrote:Jumping on the admins for pruning threads is so three years ago. Surely there's something better to complain about, like 2.0, long uptimes, or ... me.

Sure, but complaints are like Pringles... you can never have just one!*

*I've disproven that slogan by experiment though...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:13 pm

Shevarash wrote:Jumping on the admins for pruning threads is so three years ago. Surely there's something better to complain about, like 2.0, long uptimes, or ... me.

Done, not a problem, and done. Maybe if I posted tits in those threads you'd respond.
Iduna
Sojourner

Postby Iduna » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:18 pm

Gormal wrote:

Done, not a problem, and done. Maybe if I posted tits in those threads you'd respond.

Just, Don't forget the warning *halo*

and I wasn't ignoring you..:D I noticed you mentioning that on another thread. this just happened to be a different thread..

Return to “General Discussion Archive”