Baby Let's Cruise... Away, From Heeeere

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Re: Baby Let's Cruise... Away, From Heeeere

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:06 pm

Do I need to start another cruising thread, or is this going to magically go away?
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:12 pm

Unicorn Defensive Shield Activate
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:04 am

Ashiwi wrote:Do I need to start another cruising thread, or is this going to magically go away?

*pat Ash*
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:29 pm

Funny story about scuba diving. Some friends and I all went down to Mexico there a few years back and it was the second last day we went scuba diving. While on the descent my one friend didnt equalize right and blew an ear drum. It was pretty painful apparently. Anyways we were in the airport and he went to the nurse there and asked for some pain killers for the trip back cause the change in altitude would really screw with his ear. Anyways the nurse looks at his ear and decides that he is unfit for the flight, she was worried that the change in altitude would cause extreme pain and possibly even death. My bud got stuck in Mexico for 3 days and the only place he had to stay was in the hospital in Veraderos. It was fricking hilarious.
That is also a good reason to get certified, believe it or not there can be a lot to scuba diving that u dont know about.
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:59 pm

Kiryan really wants to scuba, but we are going there for you so I'll hang with you! There is an excursion where you can scuba down to 20 feet without cert. But I could just see us spending a bunch of money on scuba and messing around, floating on the top, getting aggravated and hurting our ears. That wouldn't be good. The only time I've done alot of snorkel I was on my 1st honeymoon and my exhusband threw up in the water. It was so gross to snorkel in vomit. Just thought I'd throw in that pretty little picture. Hope no one is prone to sea sickness.

Sorry about the high-jacking of your cruise thread. I'm trying to keep it cruise related now. I'll have Kiryan start a new one if he wants to debate the other thing which I will not mention because this is the Happy-Fun-Elven-Cruise-Mexico-New Orleans-and-that-sort-of-thing thread!

*pet* Ashiwi!

Vena

P.S. What is it we are spending our budget on in New Orleans?
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:31 pm

Silly, if Neo wants to go scuba, go scuba! We're going to have days and days together, and you should never pass up the opportunities to do those things you dream of doing. I want to learn how to scuba, because my dream vacation is to someday scuba off the coast of the Canary Islands, but it probably won't be this year. Also, next time I go to the Caribbean, I want to go to Belize and scuba the Great Blue Hole.

And New Orleans is food. Maybe the aquarium. More food. Some swamps? Definitely food. A lot of New Orleans is going to be watching the street entertainment in the French Quarter, and, you guessed, eating.

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:43 pm

Today I did some Offical Cruise Shopping with my birthday money. Yes, it's sad that my wardrobe is small enough to not be up to cruise-snuff, but, at the same time, there's really nothing bad about an excuse for new clothes. Weehoo!!
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 am

I bought a couple of nice shirts for the cruise over the weekend :D It's time for some sun.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:19 pm

I just bought new speedo's and a razor to shave my nipple hair!

LadyKilla!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:05 am

I'll probably be wearing the same old clothes straight out of my closet.

And my chest will probably be just as hairy.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:40 am

kiryan wrote:I just bought new speedo's and a razor to shave my nipple hair!

LadyKilla!

Wax. Don't be a pussy.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:42 pm

Kifle wrote:
kiryan wrote:I just bought new speedo's and a razor to shave my nipple hair!

LadyKilla!

Wax. Don't be a pussy.

For a second, I thought you were replying to Ashiwi, which would have been about 8 times funnier.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:19 am

Okay, I got my cruise paid off today, so that's my cruise, my plane tickets, and my bed and breakfast room taken care of, and earlier than I thought I would have it done. Now it's time to sock my pennies away for alcoholic beverages on board and on the beach, and dinners in New Orleans.

Mmmmmm... tequila in the Caribbean sun, and crawdads on Bourbon Street.

Is it November yet??!?

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:42 am

I contacted the cruise lady today. Haven't heard back yet, but looking forward to it.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:34 pm

get scuba certified kelly. I think its pretty cheap, < $200.

Laurel might get pregnant again and I don't want to scuba alone.
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:15 pm

kiryan wrote:get scuba certified kelly. I think its pretty cheap, < $200.

Show some restraint and she might not! Simply decide which is the most important 'S' for you... :-)
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:51 pm

kiryan wrote:get scuba certified kelly. I think its pretty cheap, < $200.

Use a damn condom, thumper.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:56 pm

i cruise every weekend

Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:22 pm

I don't know why Kiryan likes to lie so bad. He has not purchased speedos or a razor.

Did you all get the "120 days until your cruise" email? It is so exciting! I mean that it is only a few months away!
It says you have to have a passport. I have one, but I thought you didn't need one to get to Mexico by land or sea, only air. Kiryan better worry about his passport before he worries about nipple hair and speedos.

I was going to wait until the end of summer clearances to purchase cruise clothes. What is it we are supposed to wear? I'm thinking summer dresses. I like to lounge in dresses and skirts because shorts are less comfy to sit in. Kiryan will wear his mumu. With his speedo under it. I hope he doesn't shave his armpits and toes too.

Vena
(Laurel)

P.S. I want to mud again. I need to move away from Oregon so I can mud again. Someone? Anyone? Help... me....
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:32 pm

Every morning I wake up and think "Is it November yet??!?"

I'm not going shopping until the end of summer, as well... I love catching everything on clearance. I have, however, already started putting stuff in a bag for the cruise... little things I come across that I don't want to forget when it comes time to pack... binoculars, waterproof bag, compass... things like that.

I'm so excited; everbody I know is already sick of hearing about it from me!

We need to figure out what we're going to do in Progreso. We have too many people to rent a car unless we all want to sit on top of each other. Neo wouldn't want to scuba in Progreso, since the waters are clearer in Cozumel.

Oh, and you won't HAVE to have the passport until around June of 2009, I believe. At the time of our cruise you can still travel by land or water with a birth cert and drivers license. You cannot, however, fly without a passport, so please try to avoid any emergencies or missing the boat.

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:14 pm

Hey... I'm offline for a bit. No idea when I'll be back, could be next week, could be... well...

Of course I'm still cruising!

If you anybody needs me and doesn't have my number, feel free to hit Lilithelle up for it. Hopefully she'll use good judgement on who gets it and who she tells to get lost.

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:45 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Hey... I'm offline for a bit. No idea when I'll be back, could be next week, could be... well...

Of course I'm still cruising!

If you anybody needs me and doesn't have my number, feel free to hit Lilithelle up for it. Hopefully she'll use good judgement on who gets it and who she tells to get lost.

I also have her number and will be writing it on the wall in the Bathroom in SSC.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:32 pm

KEEEELLY I've got your number: 867-5309
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:08 am

I'm so sad Corth won't be making it on the cruise. I thought he could sit somewhere and save our spot the entire cruise. Like a WD target. Except on a cruise. That and I could complain about how they are selling me to death. I am so excited, but at the same time, I'm dreading 2 things. 1. Leaving my babies with Kiryan's parents. 2. The sales pitches on the cruise. I hate sales. I was in sales for too many years and I hate being sold. If we were to make t shirts for the cruise I would want them to say "I am not buying so don't try to sell it to me." We could get it in spanish too. I went on a 3 hour cruise from Fort Lauderdale to the Bahamas for my first honeymoon. The people on the cruise were trying to get us to buy a bunch of stupid stuff and tip them every 5 seconds. The boat was rusty and dirty and there were mice on it. If you wanted to use the pool you had to buy a room to change in and pay for that too. Then in the Bahamas people wanted to braid my hair for a dollar a braid. After awhile I got 1 braid and when anyone asked me I said I already had my braid and showed them. They tried to sell me ugly coconuts with monkey faces on them and other hideous trinkets. They tried to take me on every excursion for way too much money. I am shuddering again! Eeep!

Vena
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:27 pm

Wow I need to speak with Kiryan. I hear that spouse swapping is coming back into style!

My suggestion.. make yourself look really mean. Like Johnny Rotten mean. When anyone looks at you, curl your lip and start to snarl. Foam at the mouth a little like you have rabies. Wear tee-shirts with simple message like "Back the fuck off", "Widowmaker", or "I Scratch and bite". If someone actually does give you a sales pitch, don't say anything.. just stare at him for a few seconds like he's insane. Like he is suicidal and insane. Then kick him in the nuts and yell "RAPE!"

Beside avoiding sales pitches, you probably won't have to interact very much with other cruisers.. and you'll get your own dinner table!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:39 pm

I know what you mean, because I really can't stand people trying to hawk crap to me constantly. I can probably deal with the people in Mexico trying to sell me stuff; it's a very depressed economy and people are trying to feed their families. On the ship, however, it's going to be another story. I'll probably end up getting mean at least once with the photographers, because I found out they take and process tons of photos, sell what they can, and THROW AWAY the rest. Before I get too mean, I'll find out if they at least recycle... if not, I might have to discuss landfills with them until they finally decide to point their cameras elsewhere.

I'm SO READY for my vacation!!!! I need to go NOW!

Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:39 pm

Wonder if the cruise ships have gone the way of Disney yet and take pictures to put on a card or central network?

Just idle curiosity.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:29 pm

Ughhhh. In an attempt to prepare for Cruise sunburns, I decided to get a little sun on the coast in Oregon. It was cold and cloudy and the sun barely peeped out for an hour or two. I got a little burn on my neck and arms on day one and wore skimpy clothing on day 2 to fix the farmer tan. I forgot you could burn on a burn. And Kiryan burned too! Now I get to go into my court case tomorrow looking lobsteresque. I usually tan at a tanning salon before a trip like this but Kiryan thinks a stay at home mom has plenty of time to tan outdoors. In cloudy oregon. With 5 children. Sure, no problem.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:28 pm

I suggest sunscreen... I shall be going with more sunscreen packed in my luggage than clothing.

And don't worry... my farmer's tan is probably FAR more pronounced than yours is! I finally broke down and bought myself a riding lawnmower, too, so between now and then I plan on spending plenty of my time outside, riding around in sixth gear, wearing a wifebeater and shorts, with a beer in my cupholder.

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:29 pm

I suggest sunscreen... I shall be going with more sunscreen packed in my luggage than clothing.

And don't worry... my farmer's tan is probably FAR more pronounced than yours is! I finally broke down and bought myself a riding lawnmower, too, so between now and then I plan on spending plenty of my time outside, riding around in sixth gear, wearing a wifebeater and shorts, with a beer in my cupholder.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Ashiwi wrote:I finally broke down and bought myself a riding lawnmower, too, so between now and then I plan on spending plenty of my time outside, riding around in sixth gear, wearing a wifebeater and shorts, with a beer in my cupholder.

Ahh, the Southern American dream. You do live the life, Kelly :)

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:08 am

We'll me being "burned" is a gross exaggeration, but getting any redness after 2 hours does put me officially back in the saltine ritz cracker white category.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:43 am

Just a reminder! Full Payment is due on September 2nd!

Vena
Laurel

P.S. Kelly, I think I screwed something up when I was trying to pay on the website. I typed in the booking number to set it up and it gave me your name, address, phone number, emergency contact info, birthday (including year, mwahahaha!) etc all prefilled. I guess I'll call them to pay the balance because it was trying to get me to pay your balance which I'd love to but I think it would be better to pay mine instead.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:22 pm

You're supposed to use YOUR booking number to pay your balance, ubergoober!

Besides... I'm paid in full. Lilithelle's the one who's dawdling. Now I'm just in the 'saving money for alcohol' stage.

daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:04 pm

Botef wrote:Scuba is a lot of fun but can also be a really tricky thing to get down in one day. I completed most of my certification when I was in the Philippines because it was so inexpensive and had a lot of free time. The problem I had was with regulating my breathing, so I was floating all over the place the first day out which is more frustrating then fun. It also screwed my ears up from floating up and down so much and made the next few days a bit painful. I'd suggest taking a quick course in a pool in your area if your able, or be ready to spend at least 1 day getting it down first. It can be really tricky because you'll see some coral or a school of fish and naturally hold your breath or alter your breathing, and find yourself floating up and away from what you were looking at!

Snorkeling is loads of fun, be sure to bring your own snorkel mask and fins so you don't have to blow money renting some!

Botef is dead on on this one.. If you can get to the Bay Islands off of Honduras, its hands down the best (and cheapest believe it or not) place to get a Padi license in the western hemisphere. Umatila is the name of the backpacker island, the other one is more exclusive and is called Roatan or something. Getting just a run of the mill open water certificate is a several day affair, so if possible, get it before you go if you plan on diving. Otherwise, yeah, snorkeling is fantastic. Just wear a T-shirt so you dont fry all the skin off your back unawares while floating in that cool blue water..
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:33 pm

59 days people! That's less than two months!!!

Who's finalized? Has anybody who didn't previously decide to go changed their minds? Flamingos! Tequila! Hundreds of bikinis in crystal clear blue water!

Two months until I'm drinking oceanwater and swimming in margaritas...

Just as it should be.

Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:15 pm

We are paid in full! Who's got a head count?
I was worried about NOLA with Gustav and all. Phew!
I am now preparing the babies for the trip. Baby #1 (Kiryan) wants to lose 20 pounds before the cruise. I think I'll make a pumpkin pie today. Just to mess with his diet. That and I think it would be irresponsible of me to help him lose weight just to put it back on in November when we gorge ourselves on cruise food.

Vena
Laurel
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:51 pm

Hey cruisers, just a reminder...

We'll be outside of the US on 11/04/2008, so be sure to make arrangements for your vote! I can either vote absentee, or if I can sandwich it in on 10/31/08 while I'm making all those other arrangements, I can vote a day early in Oklahoma.

Check your local state's election board website to find out what options are available to you.

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:56 pm

How about you and Kiryan both agree not to vote and then you can cancel each other out? :)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:10 pm

I made a point to specifically NOT remind everyone of the absentee ballots. I figured if you didn't plan ahead, then you didn't need to vote. I am that mean.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:17 pm

I just got my room assignment and I'm so tickled! I bought a TBA inside stateroom, since I wasn't planning on spending any time in the room, anyway, and I have R3... all the way up at the front of the ship, with portholes! No, it's not a balcony, or a suite, but it's out of the way, it'll be quiet, and it has windows, no matter how small.

Is it November yet???

Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:01 pm

How'd you get assigned? Do I need to do something? Am I assigned next to you? Are we neighbors? Would you be mine, could you be mine, won't you be my neighbor? When you say out of the way, do you mean away from us? Because we will find you. And knock on your door. Early...... Keeeelly! Margaritaaaaas!!!!!
So seriously, am I supposed to do something? Kiryan just got his passport yesterday. Is it November yet?
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:10 pm

I logged into the www.carnival.com site and found my room assignment. If you're TBA you might not be assigned yet. I'm not sure how close we'll be, but if you're wagging a bottle of tequila, we'll gravitate toward each other.

Tell Neo not to worry about his twenty lbs... I'll be there, and he'll look good next to me.

Laurel, could you PM or email me your telephone number? Some time in the next couple of weeks I'd like to ring you up and finalize some details. I just got Rachael's, so I'm going to pull teeth and try to get ahold of her. I haven't heard from Doug. Teflor has been strangely silent lately, too, and I get the feeling he's stalling.

For all you other people... I bet the cost of the cruise will drop drastically in the couple of weeks right before we sail, so we still have hope that you can join us and our bottles of tequila on a white sandy beach!

Heather, I know you're not cruising with us, but I was driving when I got your message and lost your number, so could you PM it to me?

Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:18 pm

We have R5. Right next door!!!
I hope I can't hear everytime you flush or I'll never be able to use the bathroom the entire cruise!
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:48 pm

4 weeks! Unless, of course, Michael's new employer makes us cancel. He would take a better job in a better state (go MONTANA!!!) weeks before our cruise. They want him to start the end of the month but so far he has said he can't start until mid November. I could slip opium in his food so he fails his drug test! All in the name of the cruise!
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:45 pm

Alta wrote:4 weeks! Unless, of course, Michael's new employer makes us cancel. He would take a better job in a better state (go MONTANA!!!) weeks before our cruise. They want him to start the end of the month but so far he has said he can't start until mid November. I could slip opium in his food so he fails his drug test! All in the name of the cruise!

Getting a new job in the current climate is an achievement worthy of praise. Nice one Kiryan :-)
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:13 pm

Okay, just heard Sotana isn't going to be able to go ... something about a massive cast on her leg. Worst news I've heard all day. ::sniffle::

Laurel, you'd better be ready to sing some really awful karaoke with me!

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:34 pm

Sotana broke her leg while training for Jello wrestling matches on the cruise... how ironic.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:28 pm

It's very disappointing because she was going to be my only real competition. Sigh. All that jello and no druid.

amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:14 pm

everyone knows that cream corn rastlin is where its at :)
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”