Shev? Shar?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Pril
Sojourner

Shev? Shar?

Postby Pril » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:54 pm

Did you guys dissapear again? Haven't heard anything from either for a while and getting a little worried.

Pril
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Kifle
Sojourner

Re: Shev? Shar?

Postby Kifle » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:16 pm

You act so surprised.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:46 pm

It's actually them being gone and no other gods visible that make me so cynical (AKA how I bitch about progress of Silverymoon)

Although I don't mean to harp the gods that are invis behind the scenes, and I'm quite brash, it'd definitely be nice to not see an empty 'who god' list, which is almost always the case lately.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:42 am

I know Shar's been on at least for a couple short stints lately. I was told by another staffer that her usual log hours are around 6-10am or something so that's why no one sees her. As for Shev, who knows.

11/12/07 [Shevarash] Project Bandaid: Phase 2

Last substantial news update from Shev.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:00 pm

Present and accounted for, sir.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:25 pm

Shevarash wrote:Present and accounted for, sir.

So what's up any 2.0 breakthrough's/updates?

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:29 pm

I got this one:

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:21 pm

Gormal wrote:I got this one:

Dude.

Enough.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:57 pm

Seriously Jake back off I asked Shev a simple question. If i wanted you to be a jackass I would of asked you for YOUR input.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:38 pm

Are you really going to believe any answer you get? Seriously, google the term "track record", and just enjoy what you got cause it aint changin.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:57 pm

Gormal wrote:Are you really going to believe any answer you get? Seriously, google the term "track record", and just enjoy what you got cause it aint changin.

Seriously, which part of back of and let Shev give us an update don't you get? google the term "bbs trolling" and see what you get because that's what you're doing in this thread.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:36 pm

I know this is hard for you more delusional people to comprehend, but any form of update is nothing more than smoke and mirrors from Shev. The last time he did anything was months ago and he never even followed through to finish the job. Acceptance is the next step, its time to move on and enjoy what you've got. Or you could make a thread asking Cyric for updates. Not trying to flame or insult, its just the simple truth.
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:23 pm

Pril wrote:Seriously Jake back off I asked Shev a simple question. If i wanted you to be a jackass I would of asked you for YOUR input.

No no no, you would *have* asked for his input. Just because Jake is pulling a unicorn doesn't mean it's OK to make mistakes.
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:52 am

Gormal wrote: Not trying to flame or insult...

then be more diplomatic with your verbal diarrhea
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:17 am

Gormal wrote:This is a climax of what's been a string of extremely shitty posting from you lately, Thil. You need to think before you hit that post button, because its getting out of hand.

See, I'm not taking on the main people. I don't ever try to actively piss people off, I just am good at being outspoken - which is a bad thing. But you don't make fans by talking too negatively. Such a pain to learn tact, which I've yet to do.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:04 am

No matter how many examples of Shevarash's failures, lies, and screw ups I detail, there are so many white knights that I think are simply afraid he'll shut to mud down if people criticize him. I could care less about his feelings at this point, so whether or not he gets pisse doesn't matter to me in the least. There's a reason that "coming in 2.0" is the punchline to every joke from staff and player alike around this place. Shevarash came back after an inexcusably long hiatus, made 2 stat changes (one of which he didn't finish), only to vanish yet again. Seriously, I've done more work fixing bugs and balancing things than he has lately, which is to say that I've done something.

Do I give a shit about 2.0? Nope. Do I think its every going to happen? Nope. Do I find humor in the desperate belief people around here have that it will come in? Yep.

Don't get mad at me because the only argument you have to defend Shevarash is that "its his mud". Its Bush's America, but you all seem to enjoy complaining and mocking that guy too.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:22 am

you're such an asshole

he took time off for his newborn, and that's inexcuseable to you

seriously i hope to hell you die in a fire in real life. selfish assholes like you are pathetic
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:24 am

Gormal wrote:
Don't get mad at me because the only argument you have to defend Shevarash is that "its his mud". Its Bush's America, but you all seem to enjoy complaining and mocking that guy too.

what horseshit

last i checked, bush didnt work for free

if you dont like it here anymore then please get the fuck out.
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:39 am

Teyaha wrote:you're such an asshole

seriously i hope to hell you die in a fire in real life. selfish assholes like you are pathetic

I'm TELLING!

Seriously, you hope that guy dies in a fire because he's abrasive on a mud BBS. Fuck YOU!

The thing you douches are missing is that Gormal seems like the vocal minority because everyone else left!

This place should be a case study for failing communities.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:43 am

abrasive? he's a straight-up asshole. taking care of your kids is inexcuseable to him. that's just ass-hattery in its purest form

but hey i guess you want us all to post like him. fine.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:52 am

Please refrain from quoting Teyaha, the majority of us ignore him for a reason. Guess what, I'm as much of an asshole as you can make me out to be because yes, I hold it against Shev for taking time off to be with his kid- without turning over the reigns. It was irresponsible, selfish, and counter-productive so guess what, accountability! What would anyone who plays a real mmo do if your GM locked the officers out of the guild bank and vanished for 6 months? Its HIS guild right? Sorry, no pity from me and I'm done debating something that is just stupid at this point with the Defenders of Shev.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:56 am

you're still a fool. you keep comparing what the admins here do to people who's PAYING JOB it is to be as such

were you dropped on your head at birth? are you seriously this naieve or retarded?

hrm lets take this to the next level. how do those paid-for gm's deal with people who post shit like you do on their boards? the offensive pictures and links?

oh right they warn, suspend and eventually perma ban
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:04 am

You paid your guildmasters? Take a second and read before you flame, dude.

Edit: Can we get some kind of moderation on this guy for blatant attacks on a player please?
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:14 am

Gormal wrote:You paid your guildmasters? Take a second and read before you flame, dude.

Edit: Can we get some kind of moderation on this guy for blatant attacks on a player please?

shev isnt a guild master fool, he's a GM - game master

the only way i'll accept moderation is if your shit in this very thread is moderated for your attacking sheverash on a personal level.

yes it was personal. you found his taking time off for his newborn inexcuseable. that's a personal attack.

shev isnt a guild master. he doesnt have to hand anything off. your attempt to give a world of warcraft reference failed as does nearly everything you bitch about anymore. you have got to be one of the biggest whiners on these boards in a few years. if a guild master up and disappeared in wow a petition can be made and a new one appointed. i know of two guilds that had to have this done just recently. it's still not the same thing.

i thought you were ignoring me? of course you werent. you were just being a drama queen, as is typical and to be expected of you.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:25 am

Teyaha wrote:you're such an asshole

At my worst, I'd like to kick someone in the nuts (in person) when they get on my nerves from bbs stupidity (that both I or the other party divulge in..)

But all I can say after hoping some dies irl is just -w o w- :( Although Gormal and I are semi-picking on each other on the bbs, I've still the utmost respect (ok, slight respect just so lilithelle won't puke reading this :P ) for him as a player. And regardless of BBS or what happens in game, irl people could be completely and utterly different. Even bbs silliness can be just RP for someone. Hoping someone dies is way out of line.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:31 am

Yes I have been ignoring you Teyaha, I just couldn't believe how far off the deep end you've gone. Saying that something someone has done is inexcusable is not an attack, though. Its okay because I understand you live in a different world than the rest of us. You can't compare the imm/player relationship to a game master when you've got players running the equipment, any player can be a god, etc. Everyone here has a stake in this place as much as Shev does, so its more like a guild for purposes of that particular argument. Either way, you've reminded me why I DO have you on ignore, so I'll let you get you final insult in now and go back to ignoring you.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:40 am

the flatline picture was an attack. your REASONING made it clear yet again it was personal. ragorn even told you to knock your shit off right after. all of your attacks from the time the new bbs rules were implemented have been personal and attempts to circumvent said rules because in your supreme arrogance you feel they should never apply to you. you. are. an. asshole.

you are just like a broken record - repeating yourself over and over, but in your case it's a desperate plea for attention. nothing but hot air.

this game is a privilege and not a right. not for you. not for me. if shev closes up shop and doesnt give the code to someone - oh well. we'll move on. he doesnt owe you or me a god damned thing. we could all be wallowing in whatever abortion of a game lloth was going to put together, let's not forget this, along with the petty drama that comes along with that. if shev closes up shop i'll look back on the years spent here in memory, but i wont piss myself in BBS angst like you are doing weekly over it. grow the hell up.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:12 am

8)

This is my favorite soap opera: everyone has amnesia.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:29 am

Since this is a flame thread.. I gotta say...

Yayaril.. what the fuck happened? You used to be really funny. Lately when you post its just douchery. Whats going on?
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:33 am

Pril - I hope to have some updates to post in the near future. Everything is good here, and I haven't gone anywhere.

Gormal - Hey, I wanted to thank you for being such a faithful cataloguer or my failures, lies and screw-ups. I know that it's a thankless job, and you're probably feeling overworked. Just to give you a heads-up, I'm planning on a massive lie next week, a small deception, and some fairly critical screw-ups. Also, thanks for fixing those bugs and balancing the MUD too - you're a swell guy! I hope I can contribute to the MUD like you someday. Hugs!
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:34 am

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:50 am

Shevarash wrote:Pril - I hope to have some updates to post in the near future. Everything is good here, and I haven't gone anywhere.

Thanks Shev

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:51 am

I assure you that I'll be holding my breath. Not planning on addressing someone wanting to set me on fire then either I see?

Corth: God favoritism - check. 2 more to go.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:03 am

favoritism? with all the shit they let yo get away with on the general forum?

kettle?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:51 am

Teyaha wrote:you're still a fool. you keep comparing what the admins here do to people who's PAYING JOB it is to be as such

were you dropped on your head at birth? are you seriously this naieve or retarded?

hrm lets take this to the next level. how do those paid-for gm's deal with people who post shit like you do on their boards? the offensive pictures and links?

reported
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:53 am

Shevarash wrote:Just to give you a heads-up, I'm planning on a massive lie next week, a small deception, and some fairly critical screw-ups.

cant wait to hear what you guys have been workin on shev, hope its somethin cool :) btw loooooove the sarcasm. haha.

********************************************************************************

hey gormal if you try being a little nicer and dont pick out every little misfortunate piece of shev's work and shove a list of them down his throat he might possibly consider caring what people say about you - nothing against you just some friendly advice, see i used to get flamed on just for correcting someones spelling of scardale... so i understand where these people are coming from
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:08 am

Dalar wrote:
Teyaha wrote:you're still a fool. you keep comparing what the admins here do to people who's PAYING JOB it is to be as such

reported

ever considered trying to be original? your constant regurgitation of WoW general forum antics was old last year especially when said antics are equally as old
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:18 am

Corth wrote:Since this is a flame thread.. I gotta say...

Yayaril.. what the fuck happened? You used to be really funny. Lately when you post its just douchery. Whats going on?

:(
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:00 am

How quickly people forget the years I spent defending Shev and being a nice guy about everything. It doesn't work. Being a jerk doesn't work, being a kiss ass doesn't work, I just do what I do because it amuses me. I'm curious to see if/what Shev introduces next week, but it better be something good that's also been balanced properly and not some shimmed up code to keep up pretenses.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:13 pm

Pril wrote:Did you guys dissapear again? Haven't heard anything from either for a while and getting a little worried.

Pril

I'm on Mon - Friday. Haven't gone anywhere :)
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:49 pm

Yayaril wrote:
Corth wrote:Since this is a flame thread.. I gotta say...

:(

Oh man.. now I feel bad. Its like making fun of the special olympics. WTF.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:53 pm

Teyaha wrote:yes it was personal. you found his taking time off for his newborn inexcuseable. that's a personal attack.

How is finding something inexcusable an attack, no less a personal one?
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:16 pm

Now that we've all hopefully got that out of our system, I'm locking this thread and would like to politely remind you all that personal attacks and flaming are not permitted on these forums. Thanks!

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”