KOTOR MMORPG Confirmed

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Teyaha
Sojourner

KOTOR MMORPG Confirmed

Postby Teyaha » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:13 am

Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Re: KOTOR MMORPG Confirmed

Postby Shevarash » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:02 pm

Cool - certainly sounds more interesting than yet another fantasy Age of Vanhammer or something. Can't be worse than SWG, right? :)
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:03 pm

should be a highly competitive product. the only turkey bioware has released was jade empire. they were given a lot of freedom to create the lore for the timeline (10,000 years before A New Hope) for the two console games.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:08 pm

Teyaha wrote:should be a highly competitive product. the only turkey bioware has released was jade empire. they were given a lot of freedom to create the lore for the timeline (10,000 years before A New Hope) for the two console games.

Err... Jade Empire was a turkey?
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:22 pm

Sarvis wrote:
Teyaha wrote:should be a highly competitive product. the only turkey bioware has released was jade empire. they were given a lot of freedom to create the lore for the timeline (10,000 years before A New Hope) for the two console games.

Err... Jade Empire was a turkey?

Jade Empire was fucking fantastic and I believe won a few goty awards. I've been waiting for two since I beat it. I also wish kotor was going to be another single player game. That series just keeps getting shittier and shittier as they bring more out.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:46 pm

I'm a little surprised they're doing a KOTOR mmorpg... I mean, it's the star wars universe so it's covered by SWG already (even if it does suck.)

I would have expected a Mass Effect mmorpg first...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:09 pm

Eh, it doesn't surprise me at all. Kotor is an older, established name backed by an even older, even more established franchise while mass effect is new and wasn't that great imo. They needed to do something with kotor, but an mmo wasn't what I wanted to see. However, even though swg is around, like you said, it is trash. Also, just because there is a SW mmo, doesn't mean there isn't room for one that actually works and is fun to play. Just like with other fantasy genre mmos -- there are handfulls but multiple titles have seen success at the same time (eq, wow, etc.). I'm hoping they don't drop the ball, but I have faith in bioware. They make great games. I'm just a little worried that they got bought out by EA seeing as how they have a track-record for making sub-par release products and work their employees to the bone which ends up in shittier work.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:45 pm

jade empire was their only rpg to not get critical acclaim all around. it got mixed reviews. for bioware, that's a turkey

so the bar is high for them

swg is so far off canon it should be shut down imo

i'm sure a mass effect mmorpg is in the works. i'm curious as to when this upcoming mmorpg is supposed to happen. at the end of KOTOR 2 there are only a handful of jedi left in the galaxy.

could be it's under sith control again. in the entire history of the star wars galaxy the sith and the jedi trade-off control frequently. 150 years after return of the jedi, the sith control the galaxy yet again as an example.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”