Undecided Voters

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Undecided Voters

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:15 am

Are there any undecided voters around here? If so, what is it that you're undecided about?
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Yasden
Sojourner

Re: Undecided Voters

Postby Yasden » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:54 pm

I'm undecided on paper or plastic.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:57 pm

Well since there's no democratic candidate yet, I don't think that there's much to be decided about.

Edit: Can a mod retitle this thread to "Teflor tells you how to vote!" please? tia
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:50 am

TBH, you'd have to be pretty dense to not have made a decision by now.
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:42 pm

BEER
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:20 pm

I am not yet decided. Please help me make up my mind.
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:34 pm

shalath wrote:I am not yet decided. Please help me make up my mind.

This is a joke post, right? You can't find anything at these 2 places to tell you who has policies which are in line with your own thinking?

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/

Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:54 pm

I haven't decided whether to vote for Bob Barr or if I should do a write-in vote for Ron Paul.
Vaprak, the Destroyer
-Formerly Tempus of HomelandMUD -- pre-merger
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:56 pm

Vaprak wrote:I haven't decided whether to vote for Bob Barr or if I should do a write-in vote for Ron Paul.

Dr. Paul, no question. Bob Barr is a hack.

Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:24 am

Xisiqomelir wrote:
Vaprak wrote:I haven't decided whether to vote for Bob Barr or if I should do a write-in vote for Ron Paul.

Dr. Paul, no question. Bob Barr is a hack.

Yeah, but wouldn't it be un-american of me to not vote party lines? Seriously though yeah I couldn't vote for Barr on good conscience, he's flip-flopped on EVERY issue from when he was a representative to now. I don't trust him, at all.

The problem with Dr. Paul is that he's not really a great leader. I think that's also why he's so interesting and attractive as one.
Vaprak, the Destroyer

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:47 pm

Xisiqomelir wrote:

This is a joke post, right? You can't find anything at these 2 places to tell you who has policies which are in line with your own thinking?

It is probably a joke considering he's a Brit :)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:18 pm

Ambar wrote:
Xisiqomelir wrote:

It is probably a joke considering he's a Brit :)

We all know what's happening with THOSE elections Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xUy2inkGHQ

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:34 pm

Oh how I wish American politics were that exciting.
Last edited by Kifle on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:14 pm

Dr. Ron Paul came out today endorsing four 3rd party candidates: Cynthia McKinney (Green Party candidate who hit a cop and was very un-appolagetic about it), Ralph Nader(Independent), Bob Barr (Libertarian Party Candidtate, somehow), and Chuck Baldwin (constitutional party candidate).

Dr Paul had to say about his endorsements: "The strongest message can be sent by rejecting the two-party system, which in reality is a one-party system with no possible chance for the changes to occur which are necessary to solve our economic and foreign policy problems. This can be accomplished by voting for one of the non-establishment principled candidates -- Baldwin, Barr, McKinney, Nader, and possibly others."

As I was reading about Chuck Baldwin the constitutional party was sort of resonating with me, but then I found out he was an ordained baptist ministor and I forgot about thinking about voting for him. Absolutely no chance of me voting for McKinney or any green party candidate past or present (Nader included). I really wish the Libertarian Party had put someone better than Bob Barr on the ballot. Geesh.
Vaprak, the Destroyer

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:45 pm

Anytime you see that Milf around, that's a guaranteed vote from most I'm thinkin! For her age, she's a cutie.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:30 am

Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:08 pm

I want to write in Ron Paul so bad!
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:58 pm

mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:Image

David and Miroslav? I'd vote that ticket.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:51 pm

Alta wrote:I want to write in Ron Paul so bad!

Ugh... just what we need, an insane man running the country. Stupid was bad enough...

Seriously, when someone says we shouldn't help people in a disaster because we might have to cross property lines... I'm sorry but that's just inhuman.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:52 pm

Nobody seriously wants Ron Paul to run the country. At best, a few people agree with a few things he's said, and maybe some people like that he's an active anti-current to the two party system. But nobody, not even Ron Paul, thinks Ron Paul should be running the show.

My vote:

- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:33 pm

I'm voting for Gormal one of his campain promises is we will all have a goat in our garage or was that bedroom....
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:24 am

Ragorn wrote:Nobody seriously wants Ron Paul to run the country. At best, a few people agree with a few things he's said, and maybe some people like that he's an active anti-current to the two party system. But nobody, not even Ron Paul, thinks Ron Paul should be running the show.

My vote:

Lol, the channel/fireball combo is still around?

avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:03 pm

Ragorn wrote:Nobody seriously wants Ron Paul to run the country. At best, a few people agree with a few things he's said, and maybe some people like that he's an active anti-current to the two party system. But nobody, not even Ron Paul, thinks Ron Paul should be running the show.

Sub "a Liberatrian" for "Ron Paul" and you've got a winner. No offense to the libertarians here, but I think Ragorn summed it up nicely.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:48 pm

I just don't have that much faith in humanity. If there are people who'll vote for Bush just because he opposes abortion, there will people who think Ron Paul should run the country just because he wants to go on the gold standard.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:43 pm

Yes, I agree Sarvis. Thats one of the biggest reasons why I want Ron Paul to run the country. The odds of that happening are nil. And yet, people will still complain as the value of their dollar goes down and the price at the gas pump goes up.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:16 pm

Corth wrote:Yes, I agree Sarvis.

Holy crap! Did everyone just see that?!?

Thats one of the biggest reasons why I want Ron Paul to run the country. The odds of that happening are nil. And yet, people will still complain as the value of their dollar goes down and the price at the gas pump goes up.

Right, because the value of gold _never_ fluctuates.

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:52 pm

At least they can't print gold on paper.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:12 pm

Corth wrote:At least they can't print gold on paper.

Someone's not familiar with gold leaf. ;)

(Yes, I know what you really meant...)

drdactyl
Sojourner

Postby drdactyl » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:07 pm

The two party system we have is b.s. The differences between Obama and McCain are so trivial that it really does not matter. Vote third-party if you really want change (unless you are content with the pennies in your pocket). Vote Nader http://www.votenader.org/
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:39 am

Wasn't really sure which of the 30 policital/economical threads, so here goes:

A blog article tying McCain's polling figures to the S&P 500: http://stateoftheunion.wordpress.com/2008/10/09/behind-mccains-fall/
Vaprak, the Destroyer

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:51 am

Wrong thread!

Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:57 am

Nader? You must be joking.

I just found out that McCain voted in favor of the bailout. *Grumble*

I'm seriously going to write in Ron Paul, now.

The first Ron Paul follower I ever met was a very sweet guy who came into the bank every so often (I was living the good life as a bank teller for awhile... after the stress of midlevel management and before I began a life of servitude as a SAHM.) He was trying to show me that money is bogus. He really wanted my $2 bills because they had the proper verbage on them. I started saving them for him whenever he came into the bank. He had a stamp he put on a piece of paper for me with a website that linked me to some Ron Paul Federal Reserve thing. He made me very uncomfortable, but was really a very nice guy. Needless to say, his followers scare me.

REVOLUTION!!!!

He has no chance but I'm writing him in anyway. I think you are misreading him if you think he doesn't think he can run the country. He knows it isn't about him, so he's spreading the "message of freedom" rather than saying "write me in". I didn't get to vote in the primaries because I don't like the two party system and so I always register unaffiliated, but now is my chance to vote for him. His followers scare me, so it took me awhile (and Kiryan listening to endless hours of youtubes about him) before I actually gave credit to his ideas. Really, you should listen his stuff... see what he's all about. No really. Very interesting. Even Howard Stern likes him. Are you gonna listen to Oprah or Howard Stern?!?
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:05 pm

Alta wrote: Even Howard Stern likes him. Are you gonna listen to Oprah or Howard Stern?!?

Neither, if I have any choice in the matter.

Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:24 pm

One thing that I continue to find interesting, and a little shocking personally, is that everyone keeps beating up Bush's approval rating (with good reason, I can't argue here), but nobody seems to bring up anything about the Democratic Congress approval rating which is half of Bush's. I just think it's interesting that various Democratic campaigns (including Obama) keep tying the Republican candidate to Bush when Bush has an approximately 22% approval rating (very bad), but Congress has a 12% approval rating (probably about as bad as it's ever been, ever).

I guess it's ok though since its really hard to tie Obama down to that 12% approval rating because he wasn't present much of the time, and quite a few times when he did actually bother to show up he just voted "present".

Btw, before anyone bothers to attack "republicans like me", I'm a moderate Libertarian. I dislike the Democrat and Republican agendas equally, and can't stand polarized liberals and conservatives either. Kthxbye.
Vaprak, the Destroyer

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:42 pm

Vap, you have to look at a congressperson's individual popularity rating. The 12% popularity is by design rather than it being some indicative number with any usable value. Congress, by design, will never ever be very popular; however, if you look at their individual ratings and reelection numbers, you will find that not many people are that upset with their congressional representatives. Point being, they are there to represent the state, county, district, etc. -- not the entire country. So, by logic, I wouldn't expect people in El Paso, Texas to support the same things as people in Los Angeles, California. So, when people in El Paso see that their "guns for tots" pork barrel didn't go through, they get pissed at Congress; when the "fake boobs for tots" pork barrel bill doesn't pass through Congress, LA people get made. However, each of them are still very happy with their representatives in that they brought up the "issue." Hence, nobody likes congress, but they love their representatives.

Also, Congress, again by design, was meant to be a slow moving, get nothing done body of government. It is in place, with it's requirements of voting, so that the Constitution is something that is entirely too hard to change. Congress is supposed to slow down change. I should say the Legislative Branch as a whole. All of this better applies to the senate, but you get the picture. Congress will never have a good approval rating (nor should it) for very long (they occasionally get something done).

This is why people knock Bush for his approval rating. It is the lowest in history, but this rating is not expected to be extremely low. Of course you will have party dissent, which will cause the numbers to hover around 60+ at times, but that is to be expected.

Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm

I poked around a bit, but anyone got some historical references to what standard congressional approval ratings are? Or a nice chart/graph? Ooh Pictures!
Vaprak, the Destroyer

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:01 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9icTPtMPRU

Best I could find real quickly, but I'm sure Gallup will have some type of charts available for years past.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:04 pm

Vaprak wrote:One thing that I continue to find interesting, and a little shocking personally, is that everyone keeps beating up Bush's approval rating (with good reason, I can't argue here), but nobody seems to bring up anything about the Democratic Congress approval rating which is half of Bush's.

Actually, I find that most people are just sick of the "they're as bad as we are" defense.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”