GODS: Please end needless racism

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

GODS: Please end needless racism

Postby Thilindel » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:34 am

Request: Please allow ANY type of lich to group with good or evil! They're all so abhorrently evil, would it really matter if yuan-ti/drow were kept from the human version's group?
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Re: GODS: Please end needless racism

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:14 am

If you're going to remove that restriction then remove all grouping restrictions.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:11 am

That'd be nice, but undead is undead.

You don't see 'annihilate undead' doing more or less to a lich that was formerly a drow, yuan-ti, etc.

I would just like to see lich be treated as an undead that is grouped. Not a drow, human, or whatever. Best silly example is you kill a drow NPC as a human. You group an elf, and then raise the drow as undead. Yep, you can group the 'drow' undead. hrm!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Gukov
Sojourner

Postby Gukov » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:52 pm

It really doesn't make sense as far as my assumptions and knowledge of lichs go. I assume that a lich does not retain any kind of real identity with the race that they used to be in life. I imagine they're mostly caught up in power, immortality, death, and more power.

Come to think of it, it makes even less sense that a lich can group with any good race at all, given that they're probably more evil than your everyday orc or what have you. We'll let that one slide though... just let all lichs group with whoever they wish regardless of how they started out.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:04 pm

If you want to go by the book, there ARE good-aligned liches in the Forgotten Realms...
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:02 am

Lynia is a neutral lich!
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:27 am

Lynia must find power and life slurpies as merely 'slightly' appealing!
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:31 pm

Thil is actually onto something here. Any evil lich should be more evil than anything else in the nearest kingdoms... so... make it so that only Evil Races can group with liches. Even evil humans wouldn't stoop so low. Thats just... vile.

As for "good liches," well... you would need a spellcraft check of like 35+ , AND need to live in the correct setting, to even know about them. So being a good lich ought to bring you plenty of old-fashioned racism from the ignorant, un-educated, iron-age populace.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:55 pm

paladin + lich + evil rogue + anti paladin + druid + ranger + assortment of different races = a goodie group....*scratch*

we've been begging for years for the grouping restrictions to change from race to class/alignment....
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:04 am

Alignments still kind of suck as you can't choose neutral even for a variety of races. You should be able to choose ANY alignment for ANY race in my opinion. If its RP we're concerned about, then why is there a ranger and a drow rogue working together on nearly every RP event?
therdann
Sojourner

Postby therdann » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:58 pm

All elfs should die. They stink and have pointed ears... and hug trees..... burn them
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:58 am

Gormal wrote: If its RP we're concerned about, then why is there a ranger and a drow rogue working together on nearly every RP event?

ROFLMFAO
therdann
Sojourner

Postby therdann » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:18 pm

Hey.. I bet you they still have the outcast command!

Been there done that!!!!!!! snoop outcast = listen to 10000 petitions of crying for even trading with evils or dropping coins to them!

oops for those times I didnt sethome out of aggro hometowns!

Ahh the good ole days..

You dont want everything from the good ole days LOL
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:20 pm

(not saying anybody specific, but) what kinda stupid shit would think that 'helping' evils deserved punishment? RP as you described is coerced by admin, which was way out of their mind in their own personal facade of abuse of legitimate power.

A player is a player is a player. This so-called "racewar" bullshit only gets in the way of gameplay for those who don't choose to RP. It should be player/personal choice as to who I'd group. There are some evils I can easily think of that I'd gladly group with than certain goodrace players.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:02 pm

Thilindel wrote:A player is a player is a player. This so-called "racewar" bullshit only gets in the way of gameplay for those who don't choose to RP. It should be player/personal choice as to who I'd group. There are some evils I can easily think of that I'd gladly group with than certain goodrace players.

IF the RP made sense it would be one thing... but saying this is a RP mud, but not alllowing a ranger to change alignment RP or not, other evil/goodie race/class alignment change/group combos...... but still allow evil chars and lawful good chars to group... I DONT THINK SO...

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”