Mud Handover Plan

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Drogga
Sojourner

Mud Handover Plan

Postby Drogga » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:35 am

To Toril Admins,

since you guys doesnt seems to have much time anymore for the mud, do you guys have any plan to handover the mud to new breed of admins whom perhaps has more enthusiasm to do changes and upgrade the mud. Looking at my favorite mud getting more deader each day aint very fun. Maybe you guys can start looking for new breed of admins from the current active players too. Maybe arrange for a date where all those who interested to be admins can come and register for evaluation. try not to be too choosy and not too loose at the same time. Perhaps we can see this mud revived from this lame state.

===================================================

Development News
Updates and notes from the development staff.

last update:
Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:52 pm
Shevarash
Last edited by Drogga on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Re: Mud Handover Plan

Postby Thilindel » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:41 am

They already said they won't do it . . some reason! Not really sure why not though.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:39 am

The staff does have time, and is working on the MUD. We could use more help though, and if you're interested in joining the staff and helping us out, please let us know! Oh, and the Dev News post is clearly not indicative of the last update on the MUD, and never has been.

shevarash@torilmud.org - Code
nightsinger@gmail.org - Admin
dugmaren@torilmud.org - Areas

Thanks for your concern, Drogga!
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:47 am

Btw, the reason Shev hasn't been around much is that he has been auditioning for the position of Press Secretary in the Obama administration. Cut the guy some slack, its a great opportunity!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Kissa
Sojourner

Postby Kissa » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:19 pm

the mud is at its all time low..
perhaps its because of the absence of lilithelle

peak times before lilithelle left had like 50-60 players which is already sad

now its down to 30-40

with nearly half afk.

lets play some starcraft instead !
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:22 pm

Lilithelle didn't leave she went on vacation and i know as far as i'm concerned my life just got busy so that's 1 more person who hasn't been on much lately.

Pril
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Kissa
Sojourner

Postby Kissa » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:25 pm

yeah i know she went on vacation, but its kinda shows how sad the mud is when it depends on one or even just a couple people to be playing.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:12 pm

With Lili gone quite a few of us, myself included, have taken this as a great opportunity to get stuff done in RL and relax a bit. Plus the mud has been kinda unstable lately for doing anything major. The important thing to me is that in the absence of forgers the power/authority is entrusted to someone so that things can get done/fixed without too much delay. Seems to me that between Eilistraee and Dugmaren those things are pretty well covered at the moment.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:35 pm

Corth wrote:Btw, the reason Shev hasn't been around much is that he has been auditioning for the position of Press Secretary in the Obama administration. Cut the guy some slack, its a great opportunity!

When I say Obama, you say Ayers!
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:55 pm

Kissa wrote:lets play some starcraft instead !

Oof, my mate tried to talk me into getting into that the other week too.

Barely have enough time for 1 gaming addiction, let alone >1!
BEER
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:10 pm

All I know is when politics, artifacts, and god favoritism return, Lilithelle deserves a BIG ass artifact. She leaves for a week and the mud grinds to a halt. Amazing. She is definitely the most important person involved in the game right now, players and immorts combined.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:10 am

agree corth,
I tried leading a few times, no one came, went and played ps3 instead. few other times others tried to lead.. nobody came.. went played ps3 instead...

its not just lilithelle, its the fact people would rather follow lilithelle, or exp than follow someone else.

afk
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:31 am

People would do zones if there was a point, like say, heroic badges (WoW) or epic points (duris). Everyone has all the gear now.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:40 am

Dalar wrote:People would do zones if there was a point, like say, heroic badges (WoW) or epic points (duris). Everyone has all the gear now.

i like the epic points system on duris, pretty cool and sound concept, i would love to see something similar incorporated into toril zones
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:20 pm

I've been pretty busy myself lately. New work projects, girlfriend's birthday, parents in town, etc.

I sent you my resume about a year ago, Shev. You reviewed it twice, yet haven't heard anything since.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:32 pm

Shevarash wrote:The staff does have time, and is working on the MUD. We could use more help though, and if you're interested in joining the staff and helping us out, please let us know! Oh, and the Dev News post is clearly not indicative of the last update on the MUD, and never has been.

shevarash@torilmud.org - Code
nightsinger@gmail.org - Admin
dugmaren@torilmud.org - Areas

Thanks for your concern, Drogga!

Poor Roy? he still alive? o wait that's not Roy he comin back ever?
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:02 am

The first rule of TorilMUD staff is "do not talk about the failures of TorilMUD staff."
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:59 am

Second rule is to not point out some quote imaginary rules!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:05 am

Someone please translate thilindel for me.

Goddamned slippery mage.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:11 am

You mean you've never had a god quote something, thinking it was you..but was really someone else? Yet still is pissed at you as if you'd said it? Or citing rules or whatnot about something that never was? Darn, I'm ambiguous again!
Drogga
Sojourner

Postby Drogga » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:33 am

I'm not a programmer but i surely love to help maintaining the mud in anyway i could. Spent half of my lifetime in here, surely i do concern about the mud. but not sure if you want any help from people like me... hehe. anyway do let me know if there is anything i could help.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:11 pm

Hey just to post it in 1 more place... maybe sucker another 1 or 2 of you in.

Area creation is open to anyone, and new zones are like fun 'n stuff. You don't even need to make a full zone, add some quests, add a couple rooms to XP somewhere new, team up with somebody to put in something bigger. Write yourself a guildhall etc., write up a quest or 2 for a new rogue dagger, or some shiny green pants that match your armor.

Dugmaren Brightmantle - is now hiring!

(ps - this does not mean i have tons of free time to build your ideas myself, i'm just facilitating here)
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:24 pm

I'd suggest adding a new shop in WD that sells: A magical white wand vibrates here (humming)
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:05 pm

Vena and I are hoping to get back into mudding sometime in the next year.
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:12 pm

there'd be no point for an epics system here.. this game is built around the idea that once you hit 50 the main grind is over and you just focus on getting eq and possibly working on skills, whereas duris is built on epic skills and other...fun.... stuff like that, that keep the game engaging after you hit the top tier level, plus cargoing umm mining.. questing uhh.. epic tasks.. pvp.. uhh.. the issue is there's just not that much to do on toril if you're not questing exploring exp'ing or zoning..

mini games...... this game needs mini games.. but that's the thing.. with duris there's always the danger that when you're doing those mini games, cargoing, mining etc. you will get hit by the opposite side racewar and suffer a detrimental or positive outcome, so there's always that idea of risk versus reward which makes those activities somewhat more gratifying because there's a danger aspect to them.

there's not that much of that on toril, sadly. I think there might need to be more death in this game, more loss to make the gains more gratifying. I'm not sure how you'd accomplish that.

I really did enjoy when we could trade between towns, that was alot of fun. It gave you something to do when your friends were'nt around. It also encouraged exploration, maybe bring something back like that. Possibly an easter egg system or something like that. Have items, sold for decent cash in random spots in the game, all the player would have to do would be to find them. I don't know.. it could be a fun thing to do.

The usual easter tradition of placing eggs around hometowns and in certain random areas is pretty fun but if you added that you could make some decent plats out of it then that would add a reason people would want to explore areas they hadn't been before, could also add some nasty aggros every once in awhile that could pop out when you picked up the egg.

I don't know.. I agree with the fact that there's alot of space in this game, alot of room to move around, but there's not that much to do with it. Make quests easier to figure out possibly, make cash quests, go get me... idk 40 iron rations and i'll pay you.. blah blah platinum pieces.

give newbies a reason to stick around, give them something that will engage them when they first enter the doors.

Ahha.. as I went off in this post, sorry. I have been playing alot of the other mud as of late and can compare between the two. appologize if I hijacked the post :P

Here's one thing I love about duris, their in game quest system, they have quest masters in most hometowns they are bartenders, you get a quest to either ask someone something in a certain area of the game or kill a certain number of mobs in a certain area, you're rewarded with a random piece of equipment (could be anything that loads there) and one level notch for finishing them. that's a great idea that could really give noobs and experienced players alike something fun to do when nothing else is going on.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:46 am

The important thing is that there are things to do at any given moment. Too many things here are reliant on at-boot loads and there is only so much you can do after a boot has been exhausted.

The random potions loading on mobs is a step in the right direction to creating things to do. Take that, mod it so high end mobs, named mobs, etc, have a chance to load better stuff (seriously, minor globe potions?). One of the reasons there is such a decline is we all know what mobs load what items. Its pretty rare someone kills a mob just to find out if it has anything. Exploring is often just checking mobs for eq and moving on these days. By creating more incentive to smite, pillage and raid without a 'guaranteed' reward you add more to do without it being susceptible to farming.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'

// Post Count +1
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:44 am

I still say, as I always have, as per Diablo II - when you do a zone, treasures should sometimes fall from a tier so it's not so DAMNED predictable. How many zones can you quote that aren't done because the eq isn't worth it?

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”