FREE Rangers

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Zoldren
Sojourner

FREE Rangers

Postby Zoldren » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:38 am

Currently Rangers are:
"it's a legacy from the original system set that Toril is based off of, that being the 2nd edition dungeons and dragons"

FYI:
Minsc is a bald, purple-tattooed ranger from the Forgotten Realms country of Rashemen. (defeninately wasn't good as he was previously a berserker, then ranger, then turned good)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranger_(Du ... 26_Dragons)

First Edition:
"Rangers were required to be of good alignment, and were limited to humans and half-elves." - what no elfs?

Second Edition:
The Ranger's Handbook also introduced several new ranger-only kits, such as the Sea Ranger, Mountain Man, and Giant Killer. There were also rules for halfling, dwarf, and gnome rangers.

Third Edition
"The race and alignment restrictions of the earlier editions were dropped, allowing evil rangers for the first time."

good alignment link ya too
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_ ... 26_Dragons)#Neutral_Good

Point being. Can rangers finally be free of restrictions. I'm no D&D Expert but I don't see a problem with it.... But I do know from playing BG its more alignment than race....

I mean if we can have good/neutral trolls and liches.... and liches grouping with paladins and ap's evil rogues grouping with paladins/druids/rangers...

While where at it... get rid of racial grouping restrictions (except racial enemies?) and implement alignment based grouping.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Re: FREE Rangers

Postby Ragorn » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:37 am

Coming in 2.0(tm).
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:11 pm

The alignment system is a problem for more than just rangers.

Also: Coming in 2.0.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 pm

OR, just delete evil races...
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:56 am

Not evil races problem that you can't figure out how to play them

and this is about alignment choices

not just races
Gizep
Sojourner

Postby Gizep » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:49 pm

evils are for advanced players, dont believe me, the help files themselves say so. i think it's just one of those things where people would rather take the easy road than deal with the innate problems evils have, like trolls vs red dragons mmmmm crispy.

evils arent dead, just too many people would rather take the easy road or just cant handle walking past a paladin and getting smoked like a cuban
As long as we live in this world we are bound to encounter problems. If, at such times, we lose hope and become discouraged, we diminish our ability to face difficulties. If, on the other hand, we remember that it is not just ourselves but everyone who has to undergo suffering, this more realistic perspective will increase our determination and capacity to overcome troubles.
-- The Dali Lama
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:19 am

Gizep is an advanced player.

Also: [Gizep] GCC: 'yep, cuz we ran all the fake evils off'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:52 pm

Gizep wrote:evils are for advanced players, dont believe me, the help files themselves say so. i think it's just one of those things where people would rather take the easy road than deal with the innate problems evils have, like self-righteous players who cop an attitude based on the race they picked at character creation

FTFY
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:46 pm

i went to the supermarket yesterday and i punched this bitch right in the coinpurse but its cool cause i rolled orc
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:13 am

for one, evils aren't any harder to level than goods, the only reason they might be is because of lower numbers. I have 2 and they were easy :P. For two I thought dire raiders were the answer to evil rangers.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:17 pm

Do rangers taste better when they're free?

Or is this a part of the whole PETR movement? (People for the Ethical Treatment of Rangers)
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:51 am

Ashiwi wrote:Do rangers taste better when they're free?

Yes.

Come find out for yourself.
- Ragorn

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”