somebody lead tiamat :P

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
flib
Sojourner

somebody lead tiamat :P

Postby flib » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:21 am

that is all.
Kissa
Sojourner

Re: somebody lead tiamat :P

Postby Kissa » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:29 pm

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20804

Rathilan has been trying to organize a run for quite some time.
the mud fails in having a pbase to do it
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:23 pm

Kissa wrote:http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20804

Rathilan has been trying to organize a run for quite some time.
the mud fails in having a pbase to do it

Or people are afraid of following someone to tiamat that leads nothing else.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:51 pm

Yeah, props to Rath for trying, but you can't just decide to lead Tiamat without proving that you know how to lead.
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:29 am

or hold it at a time when everyone can make it.
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:08 am

then what's the solution? who leads stuff? lilli/saler/lase so far that's about all i've seen as of late, honestly if yer a new leader but i've been on multiple tia's with u and u say u wanna lead it i'll follow u. I just wanna do it, it's been awhile.
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:12 am

flib wrote:then what's the solution? who leads stuff? lilli/saler/lase so far that's about all i've seen as of late, honestly if yer a new leader but i've been on multiple tia's with u and u say u wanna lead it i'll follow u. I just wanna do it, it's been awhile.

No, the solution is for Rathilan to lead a bunch of other zones first, to get people's confidence, and then after a while suggest leading Tia. You'd be surprised at how many people will sign up to follow a leader that they trust.

Hell, I have lead many zones, but not for a long time - if I wanted to lead Tia, I'd start off by reprising some of those, go through and lead things like TE, Jot, Muspel, Clouds, SPOB, Seelie, maybe work up to BC, and only then even begin to think of leading Tia. People want to be sure that they'll get to the end if they're going to invest huge numbers of hours on a zone that can potentially go catastrophically wrong. That's why they'll follow Brendan and Mike and Ross and Ellen to Tia, but will be reluctant to sign up to follow others who haven't really proven themselves.

-simon
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:16 pm

Its a shame those runs never happened, I bet the betting pool on if Rath would fall asleep at consorts would have been bigger than all the Vigis death pools combined!
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Don't make me come lead Tiamat seriously. Give another person a chance, its not a difficult zone to lead, just time patience, and a willingness to beat your head against a wall! However if she still hasn't been led by the time it rings in the new year I'll show you all how its done in January!

Nerox
Lonikiple group-says 'i remember this one time at izans, when nerox said tanks west, and kobob ran 2 west, and spanked the group, you guyz remember that?'

Tiamat shouts 'No, it is you who is fucked!'
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:03 pm

cheers, nerox tia.
bawog
Sojourner

Postby bawog » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:54 pm

I didn't mean it like that, someone else should have taken my place when I quit here. When I logged on a bit ago, there was Lili leading zones STILL. Who else leads zones on Toril? I know that Lili and I had an arrangement to lead something just about everyday to keep interest alive and to have a bit of fun in the process. Now I would suspect that there needs to be more people stepping up leading the zones (as much as a headache as it is) and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Tiamat, the legendary zone, I was scared shitless the first time I led the zone, but do it just for fun now. Flib with so much interest in doing it, perhaps you should lead it? Or perhaps someone else? I stop in every once in a while to help people out, and to do the occasional zone or two. Don't me such nilly willies and step up, all it takes is a bit of dertermination!

Brandon
Lonikiple group-says 'i remember this one time at izans, when nerox said tanks west, and kobob ran 2 west, and spanked the group, you guyz remember that?'

Tiamat shouts 'No, it is you who is fucked!'
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:38 am

hell ive considered leading tia.. ive been on a few runs and know my way around the place... but really.. i can hardly get 10 people to do a zone these days because theres only ever people on in the evening when lili leads and they'd rather go with her, honestly i know how to lead most zones that are done these days, even BC and spob.. IC2.. maybe i should schedule my zone runs on the bbs until i can get a decent following.. ill have to consider it in the next week or so.. so keep yer eyes peeled if anyones interested.
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:59 am

While she doesn't lead Tia, I'm curious if this place can survive without Ellen. She's infinitely more important than forgers at least!
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:21 am

Gormal wrote:She's infinitely more important than forgers at least!

three cheers for lilithelle!

hip hip.. horay!
hip hip.. horay!
hip hip.. horay!

no, i dont think "Torilmud" would survive without her, though if 2.0 is ever finished.. "if" i said.. that may not be a problem anymore, because it will essentially be a new mud and may attract many new players. and the more new players that come at once the more likely they will stay, because they have peeps their own level to do stuff with :) though all the negative influence of some players could be what causes the downfall of our favorite game even after 2.0 starts up... so dont hold yer breath!
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”