How did you meet?

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Sarvis
Sojourner

How did you meet?

Postby Sarvis » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:33 am

So, in light of my extremely pathetic desperation, how did everyone meet their significant other? Maybe I need to be out doing more things that involve meeting lovers... but really I have no idea where to begin...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Corth
Sojourner

Re: How did you meet?

Postby Corth » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:40 am

<reserved>
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:45 am

Damn dude... I'm still up because I just got finished with a long night of drinking, attempting to flirth with chicks and ending up at the titty bar looking for Kayla. What's your excuse?

And how is "<reserved>" supposed to help me?

Damned libertarians. :P
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:17 am

<severed>
Teej
Sojourner

Postby Teej » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:04 pm

Well, I got killed in Myranthea and my ex and his new fling and a guy a friend said I should be watching for were dragging my corpse back for me. My ex and his girl were talking together, ignoring everyone else, so I talked with this other guy. He was nice enough, and we chatted more later - no more Myranthea though.

This would probably fall into the often-recommended 'join a club or activity that you like.' We're both still gamers, and our son plays too, so we still have things to talk about. More important, though, is we worked together as part of a team. I know his strengths and weaknesses, he knows mine, and we can still get the job done. You don't want to find out later that the person you've been admiring doesn't want to lead at all when your most comfortable role is in supporting the leader.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:36 am

My ex-wife, I met at work. I suggest, not meeting your sig-other at work, for the sole reason that if it doesn't work out, you'll have to choose work or happiness :)

Current girl friend, I met at Tampa Bay's Largest Office Party. Basically, a free "happy hour" at the Professional Hockey Team's arena (actually at the VIP club), which for that night is open to the general public. I was with some friends from http://meetin.org specific to my city (Tampa). I saw her across the floor next to the bar with her friend. I went to the bar next to her, got my free drink, and started to talk to her. I can't remember exactly what I said, but I do remember this:

I started to talk about her drink.
That moved to talking about work.
Which moved to talking about stories.

Which leads me to my next point. You need to have stories. Stories are experiences.
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:36 am

was introduced to my wife by a mutal friend's wife. Mutal friend's wife brought two of her co-workers home to get toasted and play table top dnd 2nd edition. My wife sat with her husband and stared at me all night long. A few months later she sent me a valentines day card with a large sheet metal screw on it... opened it up and simply said ya wanna?

she split with her husband and we started dating.

we got married 13 years ago on valentine's day. (so hallmark would help me remember my anniversery).
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:52 pm

I met my husband of 10 years at an SCA event. I was ummm bleh, 8th grade. He was this complete stranger who ended up getting invited up to sit with the Queen. *laugh* Later we re-met him at a mutual friend's house for tabletop RPG. He was an a$$. *nod me*

Took us years (while I grew up and became legal), but we ended up best friends first.

My suggestion is try meetups.com. Its NOT A DATING WEBSITE. Its a free website (unless you become an organizer) where people with similar interests can hook up to do stuff. Once you get out to see people while doing things you enjoy, you stand a chance of meeting someone.

Friendship imo is extremely important in a relationship. It will keep you together and laughing even when everything else is going to crap.

Just my 2c.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:59 pm

I met my wife at a party she was hosting on NYE several years ago. I was at her party with another woman, but a couple weeks later I caught wind from a friend of hers that she was asking about me all the time. We all went to a movie as friends, a really shitty Nicholas Cage movie, and just hit it off due to our mutual hage for the movie. After another week or two of hanging out amongst friends we started seeing each other after work in the evenings every night and the rest is history. Kegor's advice in the other thread is pretty spot on. Meeting women through other women is about as relaxed as it can be and lets to get to know a handful of women at the same time and really find one that fits.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Lathander
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Lathander » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:33 am

Met my wife 19 years ago when one of my friends was dating this girl who was friends with my wife. They played matchmaker to get us together and the rest is history. We dated for 11 years and have been married for 8 years.

Getting an introduction from a friend's girl is always a good way to do it. As someone else said, have a few good stories to tell to show you have had a rich and varied life. Women want to see someone that is in command of their life and has alot of strengths. Don't complain about things when you first meet a woman. Most of all, don't mention strip clubs. :) High quality women don't work at strip clubs.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:11 am

Lathander wrote:Met my wife 19 years ago when one of my friends was dating this girl who was friends with my wife. They played matchmaker to get us together and the rest is history. We dated for 11 years and have been married for 8 years.

Getting an introduction from a friend's girl is always a good way to do it. As someone else said, have a few good stories to tell to show you have had a rich and varied life. Women want to see someone that is in command of their life and has alot of strengths. Don't complain about things when you first meet a woman. Most of all, don't mention strip clubs. :) High quality women don't work at strip clubs.

High wuality women own strip clubs! :p
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Callarduran
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Callarduran » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:06 am

My wife and I initially met through a mutual friend in college - enough to get her name but that was about it. We really met and started to be friends when she joined our game of Shadowrun, and I had to pull her butt out of the fire almost more times than she deserved. Always helps to be the mage in the background with a binding spell when a powered-up troll physical adept tries to pin down the barely-cyber enhanced elf wielding two non-magical knives.

Anyway, we were friends for a little over a year before we started dating. Helped that she finally dumped her long-distance boyfriend (also helped that she found out that he was a COMPLETE NUTCASE).
--There needs to be a word for the irrational desire to reason with the delusional.

Oghma OOC: 'Please use me.'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:33 am

Raiwen wrote:I was with some friends from http://meetin.org specific to my city (Tampa).

That site had virtually nothing for Buffalo. Not surprising really, I'm not sure there's anything interesting going on here if you aren't a Sabres fan!

Which leads me to my next point. You need to have stories. Stories are experiences.

I suck at stories...

Lilira wrote:My suggestion is try meetups.com.

This one's a lot better, but still didn't have much I was interested in. Did find one group for just going out and doing different things, so I joined it. They're not doing anything until the end of march though...

sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:45 am

Sarvis wrote:
Lilira wrote:My suggestion is try meetups.com.

This one's a lot better, but still didn't have much I was interested in. Did find one group for just going out and doing different things, so I joined it. They're not doing anything until the end of march though...

Start your own! I started a group through meetup a year and a half ago and I've met some great people through it, every one of them a complete stranger who joined my group because it interested them. It's not work to maintain because I'm doing something I already do for fun, I just get to do it with people who share the interest, which is even better.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:52 am

:-) Meetups is awesome, especially if you move alot. Our Anniston gaming group was formed through Meetups and our current full-time table of 3.5, as well as a really large gaming community in general for Lexington, KY. Our Paranormal Investigation group too! Just use sense when going to them. For your first one, tell a friend where you're going and try to avoid private homes. Punch in an interest and see if there is anyone looking for that type of meetup. You can get on the list, or you can start one yourself and all those people will get a notification that you are starting a group. They give you most of the tools you need to get it started. :-)

Done hijacking the thread, and no, I don't work for them. *laugh* I'm just a satisfied customer.

Oh and one of my fave quotes ever....

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:25 pm

fuck diablo cody
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:32 pm

I met my wife on a business trip to Thailand. From what I can tell she is really in to me.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:05 pm

Well everyone, in a few months when I'm back here whining about the hot Thai babe who just _had_ to be in love with me you'll all have Avak to blame! ;)

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:10 pm

I met my wife on toril. it was midnight and Lilithelle was leading ET. She was tired and wanted to leave, but we needed her so I starting spamming her with random questions to keep her awake. Turns out she was a worthwhile person.

I think I gave this advice in the previous Sarvis thread. Find an extroverted chick (preferably already married/dating) and be her best friend. You'll meet other chicks through her and you'll learn how to be friends with a chick.

You probably need to learn how to be a better conversationalist. No one wants to talk to someone who thinks they have the only right position. No one likes to talk to someone who can't make fun of themselves and others (being very observant not to cross the line). Another one to watch out for, no one wants to talk to someone who has a friend who has done everything better. I have the most success with chicks letting them do the talking.. often times venting about work or their personal life. Also, anything a chick tells you is private, you don't want to betray that trust. I barely even acknowledge to any of my friends / coworkers who I talk and when.

Oh one last thought. Some chicks just go straight stupid over muscles. I hung out with this super buff guy once and it was sick how many hot chicks basically wanted to pork him for no good reason other than being very very muscular. There are lots of those kinds of chicks, and relatively speaking muscles is a pretty cheap investment for that grade of poon.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:53 am

Little warning about Kiryan's advice becoming the best friend to some married/dating chick may be a good way to get beat up unless u can convince the significant other that u are gay.
Just a little heads up on that.
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:08 am

He didn't say sleep with her. And really if her husband can't deal with her having male friends then there's other issues in their marriage.

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:43 pm

I do have a few female friends, however it doesn't seem like they have any single friends!

In fact, I have a long track record of meeting women I find interesting only to find they already have a boyfriend, fiance or husband.

Well, not that long... but it makes a good percentage of the women I've met overall.

Larble
Sojourner

Postby Larble » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:54 pm

and our current full-time table of 3.5, as well as a really large gaming community in general for Lexington, KY.....

*blink* you're in Lexington??
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:35 pm

Richmond actually.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:15 pm

Sarvis wrote:I do have a few female friends, however it doesn't seem like they have any single friends!

In fact, I have a long track record of meeting women I find interesting only to find they already have a boyfriend, fiance or husband.

Well, not that long... but it makes a good percentage of the women I've met overall.

I'm guessing you're in your thirties? Most people are matched up by then, so yeah, not that many decent single women out there (or men). That's certainly not to say it is impossible or that there aren't any....but it's not college!

Get a job bartending or something.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:55 pm

avak wrote:
Sarvis wrote:I do have a few female friends, however it doesn't seem like they have any single friends!

I'm guessing you're in your thirties? Most people are matched up by then, so yeah, not that many decent single women out there (or men). That's certainly not to say it is impossible or that there aren't any....but it's not college!

Get a job bartending or something.

The girls I'm talking about are actually younger... but yeah you're pretty much right.

Larble
Sojourner

Postby Larble » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Richmond actually.

That's cool.....I haven't run into anyone from Toril from Kentucky since the people at work (Xaril and Keijen) who introduced me to the game back in '96.

Hopefully one day I can catch ya' online and swap stories/info.....hope all is well! :)
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:19 am

Husbands and boyfriends change. Maintain friendly relationships with women who are worth having. Worst case, they usually have decent friends and occasionally some idiot will not realize what they have.
fobble
Sojourner

Postby fobble » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:39 pm

I mail ordered my Russian bride.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:04 pm

I met every man I've ever dated when I wasn't in a state of "extreme desperation."

Women can smell that from a mile away, you know. There are millions of women out there right now who would really love to go out with a decent man. They're not honing in on you for a reason. Get a clue.

Honestly... I know it's like trying to get a tree to uproot itself and walk a mile down the road, but until you change your attitude you're just spinning your wheels. No woman with an ounce of self-respect wants to date a "desperate" man. No woman wants to date a man who has an excuse for why he does everything he shouldn't do. No woman wants to date a man who argues about everything because he's so negative he refuses to see anybody else's point or acknowledge common sense.

Seriously... do yourself a favor and give up trying to "desperately" find a woman. Go to school and better yourself by furthering your education on something you need, or something you simply enjoy. Find a hobby that gets you out of the house and increases your activity level. Make sure you always go out bathed, dressed nice, groomed well, and smelling good. Take care of yourself because you really care about yourself. For cripe's sake take a course in inter-personal communications or find a professional you can speak to about how to better your communications methods. Stop going to the stripclubs and spend your time investing in your wellbeing, because it's obviously money wasted in the wrong direction. Stop trying to validate your identity on the BBS and find yourself outside the world of mudders, then come back and jump back into the conversation.

Worry about Sarvis. When you get that sorted out, dating will happen naturally.

Now that I've cheesed you off... I really wouldn't bother unless I felt there was a likeable fellow under all that bullheaded obnoxious desperation. Go find him.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:54 pm

Ashiwi wrote:I met every man I've ever dated when I wasn't in a state of "extreme desperation."

Women can smell that from a mile away, you know. There are millions of women out there right now who would really love to go out with a decent man. They're not honing in on you for a reason. Get a clue.

Honestly... I know it's like trying to get a tree to uproot itself and walk a mile down the road, but until you change your attitude you're just spinning your wheels. No woman with an ounce of self-respect wants to date a "desperate" man. No woman wants to date a man who has an excuse for why he does everything he shouldn't do. No woman wants to date a man who argues about everything because he's so negative he refuses to see anybody else's point or acknowledge common sense.

Seriously... do yourself a favor and give up trying to "desperately" find a woman. Go to school and better yourself by furthering your education on something you need, or something you simply enjoy. Find a hobby that gets you out of the house and increases your activity level. Make sure you always go out bathed, dressed nice, groomed well, and smelling good. Take care of yourself because you really care about yourself. For cripe's sake take a course in inter-personal communications or find a professional you can speak to about how to better your communications methods. Stop going to the stripclubs and spend your time investing in your wellbeing, because it's obviously money wasted in the wrong direction. Stop trying to validate your identity on the BBS and find yourself outside the world of mudders, then come back and jump back into the conversation.

Worry about Sarvis. When you get that sorted out, dating will happen naturally.

Now that I've cheesed you off... I really wouldn't bother unless I felt there was a likeable fellow under all that bullheaded obnoxious desperation. Go find him.

Holy fuck I'm agreeing with Ashiwi. Every single word of it. I was still getting chicks in my MUD and WoW raiding days though. Once I quit that shit, started caring about my appearance more (I bought a new wardrobe actually), got into a better shape (lost about 20 lbs), started talking normal people (IE people IRL and not online), everything was better for me. I've actually been on dates with about 6 different girls in the past year and am pretty much going to be exclusive with this one I'm with now.

Yarash came to this board a few years ago too. I think he found someone on a hiker's forum or something and they hit it off and got married.

Ashiwi's first statement is correct as well. Women like the fact that guys are self-reliant and are happy with who they are. Being desparate is a huge turnoff.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Lathander
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Lathander » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:11 am

Ash, you are a genius!
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:46 am

Ashiwi wrote:Worry about Sarvis. When you get that sorted out, dating will happen naturally.

Why am I supposed to believe that, exactly? It never has before!

And why are you assuming I'm desperate, obnoxious, unwashed, smelly mess exactly? I'm not desperate, and never have been. Frankly the depths of my "desperation" are trying a dating service and speed dating. Both of those were more about getting past my problems with meeting people and socializing than they were about being desperate.

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:23 pm

Sarvis wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:Worry about Sarvis. When you get that sorted out, dating will happen naturally.

And why are you assuming I'm desperate, obnoxious, unwashed, smelly mess exactly? I'm not desperate, and never have been. Frankly the depths of my "desperation" are trying a dating service and speed dating. Both of those were more about getting past my problems with meeting people and socializing than they were about being desperate.

Sarvis,

You can argue with Ashiwi all you want but she's right. It's not a question of being smelly or unwashed or obnoxious (although if you ask certain people on this forum you are :p). Girls can sense desperation (and by desperation I don't mean begging people for dates/etc, I mean just feeling like you really want to meet someone.) It's kind of hard to explain but it's the plain truth. If you can take Ashiwi's advice and be happy with your life be happy with yourself and have some confidence in yourself everything else will follow.

Pril

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:37 pm

Pril wrote:
Sarvis wrote:

Sarvis,

You can argue with Ashiwi all you want but she's right. It's not a question of being smelly or unwashed or obnoxious (although if you ask certain people on this forum you are :p). Girls can sense desperation (and by desperation I don't mean begging people for dates/etc, I mean just feeling like you really want to meet someone.) It's kind of hard to explain but it's the plain truth. If you can take Ashiwi's advice and be happy with your life be happy with yourself and have some confidence in yourself everything else will follow.

Pril

So women only want to be with guys who don't want to be with them?

And Kifle says women are simple?

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Classic Sarvisism (tm).

"Women are not interested in desperate guys" is transformed to

"So women only want to be with guys who don't want to be with them?"

Because as we all know, if a guy wants to date a girl he MUST be desperate.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:28 pm

My last girlfriend came to one of my parties. I don't really remember talking to her much, but afterwords, a mutual friend said she was asking about me. I caught wind she was going to be at said friend's Christmas party a couple weeks later, so I made sure to show up. I walked up to her, started a conversation, floated the conversation around a little until I found some common ground (we were both interested in healthy cooking), and we chatted for half an hour or so. After that, I asked for her phone number, called her a couple days later, and asked her on a date. Easy enough.

Ashiwi's advice is really good. I always found girls falling into my lap when I was busy focusing on work, school, studying, or something completely separate from dating. Likewise, I've dated two girls who told me "y'know, when we met, starting a relationship was the furthest possible thing from my mind."
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:32 pm

Corth wrote:Classic Sarvisism (tm).

Corth, you ever see The Tao of Steve? Great flick. Theory behind the movie is, you get a girl's attention by doing something truly awesome in her presence, and then retreating from her and letting her chase you. As much as Sarvis tries to turn everything negative, I think he's actually unintentionally right, sort of.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:35 pm

Ragorn wrote:I always found girls falling into my lap when I was busy focusing on work, school, studying, or something completely separate from dating.

I hear people say that a lot, actually. Keep in mind that for the last 6 months I pretty much just wanted to be with Kayla, and no women fell into my lap. Before last year, I wasn't really looking either because, among other things, I was living with my parents and unable to find a decent job.

In either case, no one fell into my lap.

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:39 pm

Corth wrote:Classic Sarvisism (tm).

Wow, that's SO true. You know, if you leave out what Pril said:

"Girls can sense desperation (and by desperation I don't mean begging people for dates/etc, I mean just feeling like you really want to meet someone."

When you put those three statements together you get:

Women are not interested in desperate guys -> desperation is feeling like you really want to meet someone -> women are not interested in people who want to meet someone

It's called logic. In fact, it's called the Transitive Property. (I think, it's been a while since Discrete Math...)

oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:53 pm

Milan Kundera claimed that (rough quote I dont remember exact wording)

Women don't date attractive men. Women date men who dated attractive women

I found this rule right on point in soooo many occasions.
You group-say 'who is da red shape?'
A red shape group-says 'I'm a shape'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:48 pm

Sarvis,

Also try to answer this for yourself: "What do I have to offer a woman?"

What about you would a girl find interesting, fascinating, unusual. (Before you get defensive I'm not saying you don't have anything that's those things you just need to be able to identify them for yourself.)

Then try to figure out what you can do in your life where you can use those qualities to stand out.

(and as far as your interpretation of my prior statement, for the most part you're right. If a person is really seeking someone then usually they are not happy with themselves and are trying to fill a void. A lot of girls don't want to plug holes in your life to make it complete, they want to take a complete life and be part of it or enhance it or change it or what not.)

Pril

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:37 am

oteb wrote:Milan Kundera claimed that (rough quote I dont remember exact wording)

So women don't date men who haven't had a woman before?

Pril is right though about the happiness part. The last girl i dated liked me because I was fun to hang out with and happy all the time. That's why the whole self-improvement advice works. If you can improve yourself and have a life without a woman, women will be all over you.

I'd also recommend reading The Game by Neil Strauss for an insight on picking up women. I'm not saying use this book to learn how to have sex with random chicks. It's a good way to see how communication skills are very important to getting what you want. From what you're saying, it sounds like a relationship.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:56 am

Sarvis wrote:Women are not interested in desperate guys -> desperation is feeling like you really want to meet someone -> women are not interested in people who want to meet someone

There is a problem with your 2nd premise. Here is a better example of that form of logic:

Women are not interested in desperate guys.
Sarvis is a desperate guy
Women are not interested in Sarvis.

Goddamned slippery mage.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:00 am

Corth wrote:
Sarvis wrote:Women are not interested in desperate guys -> desperation is feeling like you really want to meet someone -> women are not interested in people who want to meet someone

There is a problem with your 2nd premise. Here is a better example of that form of logic:

Women are not interested in desperate guys.
Sarvis is a desperate guy
Women are not interested in Sarvis.

Dude, the second premise wasn't mine. It was Pril's. Pril is the person I was replying to. Pril agreed with me that it's what he meant.

Not to mention I'm sure you can look around and find women crying about the guy who never called the next day. Why didn't he call the next day? He didn't want to be with her. Why was she with him, then?

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:28 am

Jeez.. Can't believe I'm about to say this. :)

Your right Sarvis. I missed the fact that you were referring to Pril's definition. Your response actually made logical sense given the premise that Pril put forth.

Goddamned slippery mage.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:30 am

*pat Corth*

Now if I could just go back and get you to re-examine the last few years worth of BBS posts... ;)

oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:37 am

Dalar wrote:
oteb wrote:Milan Kundera claimed that (rough quote I dont remember exact wording)

So women don't date men who haven't had a woman before?

If you treat that literally of course it's not true (same as with desperate guys:P) but try showing up on a party with an attractive woman and I am pretty sure that you will draw more attention from opposite sex.

Also I agree with everyone else here pretty much. Most of women i dated on regular basis just showed up out of nowhere when I was busy with my own usual activities. I think there was only 1 time I was actively searching for a date and got it. It didn't last long tho.
Oh and if you a really desperate become scuba diving instructor. The joke among them is that first thing that happens when you get a license is a (new) wife.
You group-say 'who is da red shape?'

A red shape group-says 'I'm a shape'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:53 am

Sarvis wrote:*pat Corth*

Now if I could just go back and get you to re-examine the last few years worth of BBS posts... ;)

Thats cruel and inhuman punishment.

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:18 am

Women don't date guys who are more interested in making a logically intact assertion than understanding the underlying meaning behind the conversation.
- Ragorn

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”