Watchmen

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Watchmen

Postby Ragorn » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:02 pm

Did not like. Did not read the graphic novel.

Discuss.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Re: Watchmen

Postby Shevarash » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:42 pm

Read graphic novel. Liked.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:57 pm

Hadn't read graphic novel. Thought movie was ok, but dragged in parts.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:57 pm

Will watch this weekend. Am illiterate.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Larble
Sojourner

Postby Larble » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:44 pm

Pril wrote: Will watch this weekend. Am illiterate.

I always suspected as much....it explains a lot with regard to your mudding.

Furbie
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:56 pm

Update: Liked Rorschach. He was the only character I truly thought was novel or unique in any way. All of the other characters were either one-dimensional, uninteresting, poorly acted, or all of the above. Dr. Manhattan just utterly failed to capture my attention in any meaningful way.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:20 pm

Ragorn wrote:Update: Liked Rorschach. He was the only character I truly thought was novel or unique in any way. All of the other characters were either one-dimensional, uninteresting, poorly acted, or all of the above. Dr. Manhattan just utterly failed to capture my attention in any meaningful way.

None of them were unique, really. Well... the unique thing about them was their being more "human" superheroes. All of them were very similar to DC heroes though, as the comic idea was originally going to use the Justice League or something but DC didn't want to do that. Bleh, I don't remember the details... but basically:

Night Owl = Batman
Rorschach = The Question
Silk Spectre = Wonder Woman (I think)
Dr. Manhatten = Superman (I think)
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:15 pm

I've never read graphic novels, but I've been reading up on this flick and will say that I'm really skepitcal. Reviews are pretty mixed across the board from both camps of those who've read or not read the original. Hopefully it'll be more than just another Snyder visuals wankfest.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:36 pm

To be fair, I think the enjoyment I found in it was essentially in seeing the visuals come to a life of a story I already knew. I could see being pretty unimpressed if not for that. The movie left out a lot of key points of back story and character development that were critical to the original story.

My suggestion: read the graphic novel, wait 6 months, then watch it on DVD.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:01 am

Didn't read, didn't like the movie .. the first hour dragged and dragged, The last part when there was finally some action I did like. We had this guy at our showing who actually laughed in parts .. Honestly it made me think I'd fallen asleep and missed a lot, was really creepy

The man went twice.

This is one I am glad I went to see at a matinee showing
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:23 am

Ambar wrote:Didn't read, didn't like the movie .. the first hour dragged and dragged, The last part when there was finally some action I did like. We had this guy at our showing who actually laughed in parts .. Honestly it made me think I'd fallen asleep and missed a lot, was really creepy

The man went twice.

This is one I am glad I went to see at a matinee showing

Wierd... I had woman who kept laughing at my showing too.

Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:40 pm

I enjoyed the movie, and I enjoyed reading the comic some years back and yes I did see it twice.

Rorschach was cast perfectly, he was straight from the comic. Really great.

I agree with Shev, I enjoyed seeing the transition from the page to screen, and I won't spoil anything but the ending I thought fit the movie better than the comic's ending. I don't think it detracted at all. I look forward to the directors cut when it comes out. That's one I will have to own.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:57 pm

Havent seen it, havent read it.

I heard there is some giant squid that is supposed to randomly obliterate NY at the end, and that they left that part out. I think that sucks. I am pro-squid.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:54 pm

so.. squid pro quo = "a favour for a flavor" ?
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:21 pm

didnt read graphic novel, enjoyed the movie

hated the attempted rape scene

loved every scene where i got to see lori's boobies, hated that she was such a tramp. hated the flamethrower thingy when they were banging in the archimedes

i liked dr manhattan and roescheck, the other guys were pudwhacks.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”