Please wipe cash from all pfiles

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
spunionring
Sojourner

Please wipe cash from all pfiles

Postby spunionring » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:20 pm

This is ridiculous, the economy is so far out of whack, money is a joke.

I dont want to lose everything.. but at this point, the only answer is a cash (and probably gear) wipe, imho
Ragorn
Sojourner

Re: Please wipe cash from all pfiles

Postby Ragorn » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:02 pm

Sounds like someone needs a bailout!
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:33 pm

Ragorn wrote:Sounds like someone needs a bailout!

Actually some people already got a bail out by making money from nothing. Now inflation is ridiculous money is worthless. Hrm... wonder what will happen to the US economy....
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:25 pm

Making money has always been easy, people are just now starting to flex their financial muscle and those who've never striven to keep a good bankroll are feeling left out. Stop crying about it. If you think someone still has cash leftover from the cheating that went on, call them out and stop being a pussy about it.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:39 pm

I agree with Gormal. The amount of cash flying around is nothing. There are quite a few hoarders in this game.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:42 pm

If you suspect someone is using money gained illicitly, please petition, email or mmail a staff member and we will handle it.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:39 am

I'll agree with spunionring on this one. Or at least investigate it a bit more. All of a sudden, now, plat starts showing up like water on auctions? No, sorry, it can't be a coincidence, now of all times. Mystery alts galore bidding up items like crazy...
Zotus
Sojourner

Postby Zotus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:36 am

ill hook it up!
pm and we'll talk transfers :)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:28 am

125) 100221 the fiery burning crown of Dresk'akla 30000 10 Zolo 7 m OPEN Gizep

75) 100160 an iron gorget studded with bloodstones 5556 10 Dubuk 6 m OPEN Aneku
76) 100161 an iron gorget studded with bloodstones 5556 10 Dubuk 6 m OPEN Aneku

68) 100153 a ring of ethereal armor 7778 10 Dubuk 6 m OPEN Aneku

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:26 am

do you guys realize that the bug was caused by someone bidding with a million plat that they'd earned? Why is it hard to believe that a lot of people have a few hundred thousand then? My personal highest was 240k and that was a couple of years ago, mostly from farming airship and trollbark.

Lets look at it this way:

Code: Select all

auc list +10000p
Auction list

item#)    item id                                item description    bid bidinc        top bidder time  status seller
====== ========== =============================================== ====== ====== ================= ==== ======= ======
   11)     100041             a glimmering adamantite shock lance  20000     10          Nymantar  2 m    OPEN Aneku
  125)     100221           the fiery burning crown of Dresk'akla  30000     10              Zolo  6 m    OPEN Gizep
  137)     100233               boots of magma alight with flames  15010     10             Miras  6 m    OPEN Gizep
  141)     100237                         a set of faerie goggles  15002     10             Aneku  6 m    OPEN Gizep
  150)     100246         the runed blade of an elven swordmaster  11001     10             Aneku  6 m    OPEN Gizep
  153)     100249                        a ring of ethereal armor  10011     10              Hefa  6 m    OPEN Gizep
  176)     100272               a winged shining steel great helm  18001     10            Aremat  6 m    OPEN Gizep

Thats everything currently up for over 10k, which in my opinion is where things start to get pricey. Anything below 10k and its really not expensive. You have 6 people with a combined total of 120,000 current bids, which for the sake of argument we'll double assuming they have a good proxy on it. Thats 240,000 plat or 40,000 per person average bid.

The average top end bid is 40,000 platinum, which is really quite easy to obtain.

There have been some items recently that broke 100k, but auction prices have been trending upward in recent months (most since Aneku started selling top end stuff like crazy about 2-3 months ago). People have had the cash, they're just now being forced to use it as they see that the market value of items is rising.
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:32 pm

Personally I think that there is still quite a lot of illicit cash floating around. For instance, I bid on a mask with all the cash I had available:

You are about to bid 35725 platinum on item 100056 a lupine mask set with fangs.  Please confirm you want to do so. (Y/N): [No]
Your maximum proxy bid has been deducted from your account.
The auctioneer says 'Your proxy has bid of 33334 out of 35725 platinum on item 100056 a lupine mask set with fangs has been registered.'
Auction: Lathash bid 33334 platinum on item 100056 a lupine mask set with fangs

But it was beaten by this:

23)     100056                    a lupine mask set with fangs 113100    100           Elainor  N/A  SELLER Zihas

Not a character I really know (indeed I have no idea who the player is), but I did see him borrowing 15k from a friend not long before the auction bugs were discovered, and therefore he was likely pretty short of cash. And yet after the bugs he's dumping 113k on a mask which is a normal load from GF? I'm not afraid to suggest that sounds suspicious - indeed I'd suggest it's a form of money laundering, making illicitly obtained money "legitimate". And this isn't the only such incident.

Am I upset that my bid (probably more than the mask is worth) was beaten? *shrug* I don't mind since someone was willing to pay more (no idea what his actual proxy was, Elner tried beating it up to 110k). But I do think that there is money around that shouldn't be.

-simon
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:04 pm

There were only a handful of people who got cash from the auction bugs. Taishanos, Aneku, Liminam, Ancuc, and myself were the only ones who got crazy amounts from it. I know for sure that all of us had our alts all examined and checked multiple times for excess plat. Elainor may or may not have been there, I don't remember. He does however always have items up for sale on auction, which I'd bet gives him a steady income of 5k per week minimum.

I spend a ridiculous sum of money on consumables and still manage to keep my bank account moving upwards. I've seen people make 3k in one day off of just mobs, why is it so hard for you guys to believe that people can have 100k to burn on an item they really want? <worn on head> a tin foil helmet
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:28 pm

One thing I find rather humorous and even a bit disturbing is that dscale robes went for about the same price that lupine did, not to mention that there were three lupines on at one time.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Kelzen
Sojourner

Postby Kelzen » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:05 pm

Gormal wrote:There were only a handful of people who got cash from the auction bugs. Taishanos, Aneku, Liminam, Ancuc, and myself were the only ones who got crazy amounts from it.

That's not true. I know half a dozen more people that ended up with 100k+ from the .auction boom.

Whether they kept the cash is unknown.

Gods-only know whether this recent auction inflation is a natural phenonemon that has been kick-started by .auction or whether it is artificial.
Targsk group-says 'i just wanna cr and try this again before i start feeling like moritheil'
Zotus
Sojourner

Postby Zotus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:15 pm

i gained almost 100mil off the auction bug, i then procceeded to spread the plat around alts, friends' alts, random alts, random people, etc.

each char with 500k to maybe 5mil. as of a couple weeks ago, 1/3 of my alts still had over 10mil, i never bothered logging in my other 2/3's to check if the other plats are still there, but seeing recent auctions, looks like the gods failed in finding all the plat.

:)
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:17 pm

Zotus wrote:i gained almost 100mil off the auction bug, i then procceeded to spread the plat around alts, friends' alts, random alts, random people, etc.

each char with 500k to maybe 5mil. as of a couple weeks ago, 1/3 of my alts still had over 10mil, i never bothered logging in my other 2/3's to check if the other plats are still there, but seeing recent auctions, looks like the gods failed in finding all the plat.

Case and Point

fobble
Sojourner

Postby fobble » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:37 pm

1. Write a script to cap the plat of all the characters that have not logged in since auction bug.
- This would remove plat that could further come in and hidden on alts that haven't been logged.

2. Write a script to check plat in bank of all characters that have logged in since auction bug and flag any large amount of plat. Those flagged, review them individually case by case or just cap the ones that get flagged and have individuals petition if that was legit plat.
- This could be painstaking process depending on how many get flagged but needs to be done.

If you want to get creative and there's archive of old data. You could write a script to compare the amount of plat in bank account of characters of data previous to auction bug against bank account of characters currently to flag it.

I'm not a coder so I can't script it nor know the difficulty but I'm sure it can be done unless we don't archive the data chronologically or if its been too long to have backup data from that time ago.
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:44 pm

[quote="Gormal"]do you guys realize that the bug was caused by someone bidding with a million plat that they'd earned?

Jake that's just not true. I sold a whole assload of eq to get enough cash to bid on those robes, in end with help from some guildies etc. I managed to get up to 470k. Yes I can think of a couple of individuals who would have more money than this, due to having a whole lot of eq and selling it at regular intervals. Ross springs to mind, aneku also.

The other 2 clowns who busted the cap and exposed the bug were the ones putting down million plat proxys. It's not usual, they're not people who've earned anything. To have half a million legitimate plats confiscated by the admins as part of this ring of cheats, and then have you turn around and say..oh actually lots of people have this much money, it's fine.. It's pretty damn insulting man.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:43 am

Yeah so we were right. Please find the assholes who have the plat and delete it.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:50 am

Just pwipe

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:20 am

This will happen to our dollars one day too :)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:40 am

loshaenar wrote:Jake that's just not true. I sold a whole assload of eq to get enough cash to bid on those robes, in end with help from some guildies etc. I managed to get up to 470k. Yes I can think of a couple of individuals who would have more money than this, due to having a whole lot of eq and selling it at regular intervals. Ross springs to mind, aneku also.

The other 2 clowns who busted the cap and exposed the bug were the ones putting down million plat proxys. It's not usual, they're not people who've earned anything. To have half a million legitimate plats confiscated by the admins as part of this ring of cheats, and then have you turn around and say..oh actually lots of people have this much money, it's fine.. It's pretty damn insulting man.

This is a complete distortion of the truth. The ONE person who actually bid 1 million platinum had to have earned it to even bid that high. Once the cap was broken, it let other people earn false money. I really don't think any of you understand how the bug worked. Tai: did you return all of your platinum that you earned via the bug? Are you saying that you had 500k unfairly taken from you?

Pava, Ancuc, and Aneku all had a ridiculous sum of platinum before the bug was exploited. I'm not sure who the 4th person you're referencing is, but I could be overlooking someone who was bidding alongside them. Again, you seem very bitter on the subject so I'm assuming you lost what was actual money you'd earned. If that's the case then isn't your complaint against the administration? This is the dumbest conspiracy theory yet, and no one is offering any specific evidence or observations to support it.

Use names, use items that were sold. I know that keeping the details fluid keeps your eRage tank on full, but stop making these horrible generalizations without supporting them. Right now you're protesters standing on the lawn shouting about injustice and fraud but flogging people that ask questions with your signs rather than engage in a real discussion.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:48 am

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:Yeah so we were right. Please find the assholes who have the plat and delete it.

Come on, Juan. There isn't a definitive answer anywhere in there, or even a remote reference to it.

Let me put this another way: Our guild bank sits at 1000001 platinum all the time because Lilithelle earns 30k per month plus potion/scroll/wands/random other things all on her own. She isn't even auctioning a ton of gear to earn it, usually she only sells things that are cheap and can help lowbies. I really think all of you are clueless about earning platinum, and how the economy here works.

Yes, someone could've snuck past with extra plats from the bug. Is it a mud-wide problem? No.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:04 pm

Gormal wrote:
Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:Yeah so we were right. Please find the assholes who have the plat and delete it.

Come on, Juan. There isn't a definitive answer anywhere in there, or even a remote reference to it.

Let me put this another way: Our guild bank sits at 1000001 platinum all the time because Lilithelle earns 30k per month plus potion/scroll/wands/random other things all on her own. She isn't even auctioning a ton of gear to earn it, usually she only sells things that are cheap and can help lowbies. I really think all of you are clueless about earning platinum, and how the economy here works.

Yes, someone could've snuck past with extra plats from the bug. Is it a mud-wide problem? No.

Gormal read the damn thread. Namely Zotus's Post:

zotus wrote:i gained almost 100mil off the auction bug, i then procceeded to spread the plat around alts, friends' alts, random alts, random people, etc.

Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:14 pm

Jake, read Zotus' post. I'm not talking Lilithelle's plat or Trite's plat. I'm talking the cheaters who got the plat and kept/still have it.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:36 pm

I'm saying its possible that even if the gods did get all of the Zotusplat, there is still a shitload out there that can lead to this type of inflation. Call out the specific people you want to accuse of having tons of plat and are winning auctions. I know a lot of people who are bidding high plat amounts on many items up that weren't able to get any of Zotus' windfall.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:42 pm

Gormal,

What we're saying is we have no idea who has that since during the .auction boom as people have chosen to call it. The gods can search the logs we can't.

Here's what we DO know.
a) Some people made millions upon millions off of the auction boom
b) Some of those people gave coins to alts/friends/friends alts
c) Some of those people dropped a LOT of coins on the ground
d) Some other people picked the coins up off the ground

I understand that there are those people that have earned their cash. What you have to understand is that there are more characters with large amounts of cash that was obtained illegally than there is of people who obtained it legally. I don't know who all has illegal cash but if you look at Zotus' post you'd realize that he has around 10(?) chars with large amounts of plat due to the bug. How many people have that much cash legally? Lili, Lase, Aneku... Who else? can you name 10? And that's just Zotus. What about the others?

Also Jake to put stuff into perspective:
5 mil on a char. If you farmed 100k a month would take you over 4 years to get 5 mil.

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:54 pm

Perhaps shop prices should be dymanically priced relative to the median player income!
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:46 pm

So far only one person has been named as far as abusing free plat. If you guys can't point a finger at someone who's spending more than they could have then this is just more of nothing. Why does the 5mil plat figure even matter in how long it would take to acquire? No one's even spending more than what, maybe 2-300k right now?

I'll concede that there is plat in the game that shouldn't be to some extent. However, the quality of items thats been up on auction for the last 2 months or so is a drastic escalation from what the game has seen in the past. Its great stuff and people are willing to break their bankrolls to get it. There isn't an item on auction i can't go bid on right now and be top dog I'd bet and I'm not using windfall cash.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:12 pm

I say we invent a new kind of currency. We'll call it Torilmark at a value of 10 plat per torilmark, and start handing it out to mobs.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'

// Post Count +1
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:21 pm

except rogue potions, money is pretty stupid in the game anyway. There've been ideas in the past about using money to buy a single notch of an attribute, or skill level, but noooo.

Another inconsistent about money in the mud is how much money mobs have in the first place. DS, Pirate Ship, etc. Even huge mobs, kings even..have around 12 plat? C'mon...

Actually, PURGE money system, and make it the PRESTIGE system. Where shopkeepers and the like do things socially for you because of your deeds...
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:46 pm

Gormal wrote:I'm saying its possible that even if the gods did get all of the Zotusplat, there is still a shitload out there that can lead to this type of inflation. Call out the specific people you want to accuse of having tons of plat and are winning auctions. I know a lot of people who are bidding high plat amounts on many items up that weren't able to get any of Zotus' windfall.

In my logs, after Ancuc dropping huge amounts of plats, I have multiples of:

Dicok gets a huge pile of coins.
Dicok gets a mountain of coins.

and multiples of

Elainor staggers in from the west.
Elainor staggers east.

and multiples of

Kanenan staggers in from the west.
Kanenan staggers east.

and lots of movement in and out of Nozzimimos and Kekbon and that's just from one part of one character's log.

Lots and lots of people picked up piles of cash, off the floor, from the bug, given to alts, etc. I don't want to go through my logs in detail because they are incomplete, they will only catch some of those who did it.

Can we live with it? Yes we can if we must. But don't go giving me shit like "no-one cheated".

-simon
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:22 pm

So you neglect to quote the 2nd half of my post where I say that there is illicit cash in the game then accuse of saying that there isn't? Not sure where you're going with this but I'll play your game... go on.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:02 am

Gormal wrote:there is illicit cash in the game

Dude, there is? WTF I thought you just said there wasn't jake.

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:21 am

Gormal wrote:There were only a handful of people who got cash from the auction bugs. Taishanos, Aneku, Liminam, Ancuc, and myself were the only ones who got crazy amounts from it. I know for sure that all of us had our alts all examined and checked multiple times for excess plat.

Zotus wrote:gained almost 100mil off the auction bug, i then procceeded to spread the plat around alts, friends' alts, random alts, random people, etc.

Jake why can't you just admit you were wrong and move on?

muxxissinix
Sojourner

Postby muxxissinix » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:54 am

Gormal wrote:There were only a handful of people who got cash from the auction bugs. Taishanos, Aneku, Liminam, Ancuc, and myself were the only ones who got crazy amounts from it. I know for sure that all of us had our alts all examined and checked multiple times for excess plat.

Talk for your self, I still got few billions on Aneku.
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:37 am

Gormal wrote:So you neglect to quote the 2nd half of my post where I say that there is illicit cash in the game then accuse of saying that there isn't? Not sure where you're going with this but I'll play your game... go on.

Huh? Wtf? I quoted your entire post (which was the latest post on the thread when I started replying). You might have *later* decided to admit you were wrong, but I replied to your post as is.

Your post challenged folk to "call out specific people", so I did. We all know that there is a shitload more cash than there should be. People deliberately went out to fuck things up after the bug, so that they could get away with as much as they could.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:11 pm

Just a little bit of info i happen to know first hand. There was a previous money bug in a previous incarnation of toril/sojourn. It did not require you to have the amount of money required to make the particular transaction happen, and it allowed you to do it anyhow. It did end up placing a -amt of money in a different field as part of the bug, but it was quashed a LONG time ago. The way it got quashed was by limiting the field(s) of different transactions. IE you cannot bid 1 mil on anything. make the maximum 6 figures not 7. I was told that in addition to this change, they added a field that logged any transaction or transaction attempt above a certain amount. I guess that last bit wasn't true or wasn't worked into the auction code or else we would know exactly where all this was/came from.

So Jake, i'm not certain your stance on they HAD to have earned 1mil in order to originate the bid is completely founded. Otherwise you do have some good points.

And i completely agree that the economy is TRASHED since this bug was discovered. There is no denying it. I think the simple answer is just don't use auction anymore. Make money useless. We as the players have the power to do that. Make equipment strictly trade only. Sell stuff only when you need money for quests/consumables.

Del
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:10 am

I bid 1 million plat on an item. The mud let me. This is actual first hand knowledge.
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:50 am

Gormal wrote:do you guys realize that the bug was caused by someone bidding with a million plat that they'd earned? Why is it hard to believe that a lot of people have a few hundred thousand then? My personal highest was 240k and that was a couple of years ago, mostly from farming airship and trollbark.

Lets look at it this way:

auc list +10000p
Auction list

item#)    item id                                item description    bid bidinc        top bidder time  status seller
====== ========== =============================================== ====== ====== ================= ==== ======= ======
   11)     100041             a glimmering adamantite shock lance  20000     10          Nymantar  2 m    OPEN Aneku
  125)     100221           the fiery burning crown of Dresk'akla  30000     10              Zolo  6 m    OPEN Gizep
  137)     100233               boots of magma alight with flames  15010     10             Miras  6 m    OPEN Gizep
  141)     100237                         a set of faerie goggles  15002     10             Aneku  6 m    OPEN Gizep
  150)     100246         the runed blade of an elven swordmaster  11001     10             Aneku  6 m    OPEN Gizep
  153)     100249                        a ring of ethereal armor  10011     10              Hefa  6 m    OPEN Gizep
  176)     100272               a winged shining steel great helm  18001     10            Aremat  6 m    OPEN Gizep

Thats everything currently up for over 10k, which in my opinion is where things start to get pricey. Anything below 10k and its really not expensive. You have 6 people with a combined total of 120,000 current bids, which for the sake of argument we'll double assuming they have a good proxy on it. Thats 240,000 plat or 40,000 per person average bid.

The average top end bid is 40,000 platinum, which is really quite easy to obtain.

There have been some items recently that broke 100k, but auction prices have been trending upward in recent months (most since Aneku started selling top end stuff like crazy about 2-3 months ago). People have had the cash, they're just now being forced to use it as they see that the market value of items is rising.

21)     100152                        a ring of ethereal armor  15001     10       You (47000) 17 d    OPEN Aneku
   22)     100153                        a ring of ethereal armor  15001     10           Elainor 17 d    OPEN Aneku
   64)     100210                             a sapphire bracelet  18002     10             Miras  1 m    OPEN Gizep
   65)     100211                             a sapphire bracelet  20000     10           Elainor  1 m    OPEN Gizep
   68)     100214                              a stark white mask  15001     10         Nolumakil  1 m    OPEN Gizep
   75)     100221           the fiery burning crown of Dresk'akla  30000     10              Zolo  1 m    OPEN Gizep
   79)     100225            a set of flayed demonleather sleeves  12344     10             Dubuk  1 m    OPEN Gizep
   87)     100233               boots of magma alight with flames  55030     10             Dubuk  1 m    OPEN Gizep
   88)     100234      the iron crown of the frost giant warlords  10303     10             Elner  1 m    OPEN Gizep
   91)     100237                         a set of faerie goggles  16065     10             Dubuk  1 m    OPEN Gizep
  100)     100246         the runed blade of an elven swordmaster  85011     10             Zihas  1 m    OPEN Gizep
  103)     100249                        a ring of ethereal armor  12107     10             Dubuk  1 m    OPEN Gizep
  122)     100268                     a periapt of battle prowess  10565     10             Dubuk  1 m    OPEN Gizep
  123)     100269                     a periapt of battle prowess  15556     10           Elainor  1 m    OPEN Gizep
  126)     100272               a winged shining steel great helm  24170     10             Elner  1 m    OPEN Gizep
  145)     100291                             a dimensional vault  13511     10            Fibble  1 m    OPEN Gizep
  186)     100361         a shimmering holy sword of the planetar  15000   1000        No Bid Yet  5 m    OPEN Mufar

And that's still 1m before Gizep's big auction...
muxxissinix
Sojourner

Postby muxxissinix » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:59 pm

You are too naive if you think you can win your bid with just 47k plats.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:27 pm

Gormal, i realize it let you. That was my point. I do believe that the game has a standard dikumud overflow error for such large amounts. I think that this error was overlooked when the auction code went in. That is all.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:04 am

Sapphire bracelet is up to 31k. Magma boots at 55k. Something is still very wrong in Bedlam. Admins, you must fix this. Auction/economy here is a joke.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:42 am

Coins in bank: 48900000 platinum 0 gold 0 silver 0 copper

// Post Count +1
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:19 am

This thread is pure win.

1) People posting evidence that they have cheated.
2) Gods doing nothing about the cheating.
3) People actually denying that there's any cheating happening.

Posting in an epic thread.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:38 pm

There seems to be some confusion here.

1) Zotus was the worst offender of this bug, and he was deleted and banned prior to this thread even starting, due to this being around his 17th serious offense. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously, and I'll have to make sure to delete his forum account as well.

2) The staff has been killing themselves to deal with this problem and track down as much of the illicit money as possible. You can criticize our efforts if you like, but to infer that we're doing nothing is ridiculous.

Again, if you have some evidence of wrongdoing or illicit money please inform the staff. If you're reading this and you yourself have illicit money, I highly suggest you come forward with it now. Coming forward will not result in punishment, but if we catch you holding out I can't promise the same.

As an afterthought, this whole incident has really been sad to watch. The saddest thing is that due to the burden this has put on the staff, we now have no time left to devote to new content - which was starting to gain some momentum before this happened. That's something to think about next time you decide to abuse an obvious bug. And to those who have done nothing wrong, I apologize that you've had to suffer though this as well. Please believe me when I say that fixing the fallout from this bug is currently our highest priority.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:12 pm

Thanks for the followup, Shev.

As an old, crotchety, retired player, my insight into the workings of the MUD is somewhat limited. All I really see is what hits the BBS and what a select few people communicate to me via IM/tells when I log on. This thread seemed to showcase one or more players flagrantly flaunting their violation of the game rules, with no involvement from the staff. Knowing that Zotus was deleted and banned helps me better understand that this isn't an issue that's just floated under the staff's collective radar. I apologize for my unfounded criticism, and I hope that you guys are able to manage the fallout quickly and effectively.
- Ragorn
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:47 pm

17th serious offense? Maybe someone should have banned him much sooner. I don't think multi/botting is a serious offense btw. Most I've ever done was try to drown a dragon and that got me a 3 day ban.

Shevarash wrote:There seems to be some confusion here.

1) Zotus was the worst offender of this bug, and he was deleted and banned prior to this thread even starting, due to this being around his 17th serious offense. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously, and I'll have to make sure to delete his forum account as well.

2) The staff has been killing themselves to deal with this problem and track down as much of the illicit money as possible. You can criticize our efforts if you like, but to infer that we're doing nothing is ridiculous.

Again, if you have some evidence of wrongdoing or illicit money please inform the staff. If you're reading this and you yourself have illicit money, I highly suggest you come forward with it now. Coming forward will not result in punishment, but if we catch you holding out I can't promise the same.

As an afterthought, this whole incident has really been sad to watch. The saddest thing is that due to the burden this has put on the staff, we now have no time left to devote to new content - which was starting to gain some momentum before this happened. That's something to think about next time you decide to abuse an obvious bug. And to those who have done nothing wrong, I apologize that you've had to suffer though this as well. Please believe me when I say that fixing the fallout from this bug is currently our highest priority.

Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:21 pm

Dalar wrote:17th serious offense? Maybe someone should have banned him much sooner. I don't think multi/botting is a serious offense btw. Most I've ever done was try to drown a dragon and that got me a 3 day ban.

If you can find a way to drown a dragon you deserve a medal, not a ban.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:13 pm

Yeah, using ingenuity here can be seen as exploiting a bug. Like perm blinding lvl 50 mobs, etc. Yet the player gets punished in those situations. There's a HUGE difference between exploiting a bug (like this auction incident) and blinding mobs, utilizing one-ways (stupidest damned thing ever), etc.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”