Next Toril Gathering

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Next Toril Gathering

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:42 pm

I haven't heard anything back about a trip farther north, and Dave thought it might be a good idea to meet more mudders, so would anybody be up for a camping trip in Oregon with a bottle of tequila and a campfire on the beach? Deep sea fishing would be on my agenda, too. I have a friend up there who might also consider going with me on a hike up a mountain or through the forest.

Anybody else game? I'm still open for some northern lights and tundra running, too!
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Gormal
Sojourner

Re: Next Toril Gathering

Postby Gormal » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:34 pm

rut roh
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:05 am

I'm game for whatever.

Wherever we go... if we go camping...

I want to be able to build a fire. A white man's fire, not some little city slicker fire.
I'd love to be able to bring a nd shoot my bows
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:07 am

White men shoot guns, not bows you pussy.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:46 am

I disagree Jake.

In the south, Bow Hunting is a big deal. Has its own season and everything. :P
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:39 am

one bottle of tequila? srsly? thats it?
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:52 am

real men hunt with bows
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:28 am

When are you planning for Kelly?

I'm headed out to the west coast sometime in June, I'll see if I can arrange another trip out there :)
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:07 am

Red men hunt with bows. White men hunt with guns. Its not my fault that you faggots are indian sympathizers.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:01 pm

I was kind of thinking September, but I haven't written anything in stone. My logic is that in September the kids will be going back to school, but it won't be so chilly that it would make sitting on the beach uncomfortable. If people are amenable to that timeframe, I'll start checking weather for the area and I'll see about reserving some cabins in the campgrounds. I'd love an idea of how many people might like to go, as the cabin situation is iffy. I'll also check hunting regulations and whatever the rules may be on tent camping in the wilderness areas and campfires, as I don't plan on wasting a trip to a real forest. We don't have those in Oklahoma. Or oceans. Or beaches. Or mountains. Or volcanoes. Or Jake.

I will need a cabin to myself, as I may be bringing somebody with me.

One bottle of tequila is for me. BYOB. If you want to sip off of mine, you'd better bring something to barter with. For the second night, I'm sure there's a liquor store in the closest town.

Eddiebear... I will spend one night crying if you don't manage to make it this time.

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:28 pm

I was very lucky to get anything for September, as all of the summer is completely booked for these parks and almost all of the cabins are booked nine months in advance. I was able to get two yurts for the dates 09/20/2009 through 09/25/2009 reserved. The cabin numbers are A8 and A23, which are a good distance away from each other, but not really much farther apart than we were on the ship! The yurts will sleep 8 per, and have electric hookups and beds. We'll have to supply our own camping supplies. I only put a confirmation deposit down on the cabins, and they're $30.00 a night, which is very affordable for multiple people. If we need to make other arrangements, I'm certainly willing to discuss it and help out in any way I can.

I know Mike and Laurel are in that area, already (unless they moved), so if they show up they will probably be driving. A good friend of mine in Oregon has agreed to help me get this all situated and I'm sure he will happily help me out with bedding and supplies. He's also offering his sightseeing services and we were discussing a three mile hike through a gorge to see Fairy Falls. It's all tentative, of course.

Beverly Beach has a beachside within walking distance, and campfire pits available for cooking the fish we'll catch out on the deep sea fishing tours. As long as we're over 21, we can drink (as I'm now 42, I can drink enough for two people), but we will not be drinking anything red, or with the word "Turtle" in the name.

Beverly is just north of Newport, if I remember correctly, and the area is breathtakingly gorgeous. Feel free to google.

If more people are interested than will fit in these two yurts, then we'll see about other arrangements. If nobody wants to go, then I'll be enjoying the beach under the starlight on my own.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/B ... &parkId=12

Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:43 am

Count me in... first one thats actualy close enough that I can travel to. Most likely make my own camping arangements as my family usualy Travels with me wife and both kids 5 and 7.

Kelly were there any other Yurts available for those dates, we'll reserve one for ourselves, Yurts are rocking for camping, we usualy reserve one on Seaside Oregon for the 4th of July... best time ever every year. But they are usualy booked 12 months in advance and are fully booked 2hours after available

Look forward to meeting ya...
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:23 am

Ah hell. If Ross goes, then maybe I should bring my family up there, too. She always says she wants to go camping!
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:57 am

Well, if we're turning this into a family event, I would have a high percentage chance of being able to go as well. Although, earlier in the summer is better for me than later.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:47 pm

Unfortunately those were the only yurts I could get at the same time for any extended period of time. I don't remember if there were any available for just one or two nights during that time period. They were scarce as could be, so I was glad to get those.

I'm happy to meet the children of anybody who wants to bring them. I doubt we'd be able to fit all of them in two yurts, and none of them in mine (::halo::), but from what I understand that time of year has fantastic weather and there's tons of old-fashioned tent camping space available. Having contacts up there will enable me to set up food storage, and we can have campfire dinners nightly, if we need to. We should catch enough fish between just a couple of us on a fishing tour that we could feed a whole horde fish fry for a night or two.

Google Beverly Beach and call their reservations line to see if they have anything else available. You might also want to check the other campsites in the area, as I understand there might have been something available around that timeframe at Umpqua Lighthouse or one of the other really close parks. If nothing else, there's always hotel space in Newport, which is a rockin' little town with amazing seafood and super-fun portside shopping.

Did you guys ever look at the pics I took last time I was in Oregon?

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j113/ ... on%202007/

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:59 pm

Just tell me exactly what to do, where to go, etc and I'll show up.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:42 am

Gormal wrote:Just tell me exactly what to do, where to go, etc and I'll show up.

Dress in your nicest furry outfit, my doorstep, bring whipped cream. I'll do the rest.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:54 pm

You missed the step where he swings by to pick me up on the way!

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:55 pm

Things just took a turn... for the sexy.
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:45 pm

I can't see why we wouldn't do this. We would be bringing our 6 kids (ages will be 13, 11, 8, 3, 1 and about 1 month.) We have a wedding Mid-September to be at in Portland, so even if we move, we may still be around at that time. Maybe we will come out for the wedding and just stick around a few weeks. I was hoping for the June plans. When I have a 1 month old I am very tired, still fat and pretty much hating life, so September is not the greatest time, but that's ok. You all can see me at my worst!
Here is a thought, but it is much more expensive:
http://www.oregonalpinechalets.com/
I think we will probably be staying somewhere else in the RV. I don't see staying in yurts with a bunch of ppl and a newborn crying all night. I would love to stay at the above option, but it's during summer rates, so it's pretty pricey.

Vena/Laurel
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:02 am

Things just took a turn... for the kinky.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am

I miss Kayla.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:47 am

Corth wrote:I miss Kayla.

Not as much as I do! Anyway, for those who haven't noticed I try to keep my garbage out of threads that have some real purpose.

Granted, that's about .00001% of threads on the BBS these days (the rest being Kiryan or Gormal's random crap) but I do try!
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:13 am

Well no one got ahold of me about any gathering in the north....

Hrm, a gathering in Oregon with the possibility of Ross, Gormal and Kelly there.. hrm.. I just might have to see what I can do about it. I'll have to check into a few things first.. if I can get off of work and such. :) It would definitely be interesting... :)
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:14 pm

Gatherings since announcement of Toril 2.0: 3+

Toril 2.0 being played by any one player: 0
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:18 pm

sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:36 am

can we have 1 in vegas next year?
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:59 pm

I'll take all yer cash, Sok.
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:47 am

Oooh! Vegas would be fun! And like cheap and stuff! I vote for Vegas next year!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:04 pm

While I'm not a gambling person, I could use my time in Vegas to check out the lounge acts and see the canyons. You can count me in. Somebody get us some comped rooms for it!

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:58 am

Any chance we could get an idea of anybody who potentially wants to show up in Oregon? I have the two yurts rented, already, but I'm taking one, Rachael's not going to want to share with all you rude dudes, and I'd like to help make sure people have places to sleep. At this time there's plenty of tent spaces available in the park, and we might be able to piece togther another five day stay in actual lodging. There's also possibilities of places available for shorter stays, depending on when you're arriving and how long you're staying.

I'm very happy to make arrangements and make sure people are taken care of, but they have to give me an idea of what I'm working with. Yes, I know it's still a long way away.

Try to remember that I'm putting deposits down on anything I reserve, too, so please be kind to me. For five days a yurt is $156.00, or just over $30.00 a night, which is very reasonable for a beachfront cabin in a national park. I won't pick up the remaining balance, but I'll happily drop the deposits for the chance to meet some really cool people.

I already know some people going... me, Vakrus, Lilithelle, Teflor, Sotana, hopefully Kiryan and Vena (if things work out for them), and Gormal.

Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Thu May 07, 2009 5:48 pm

Kiryan and I will be there, 6 children in tow. We will be driving out and can arrive pretty much any day and return whenever. We are pretty much up for anything, but I don't think the yurts will work for us unless they aren't very full. The 6th child will only be a month old so probably be crying alot and sleeping very little, so I don't think it will be a good idea. I think Kiryan would like to stick the kids in a tent, or use his parents RV, but then we can't really be as close to you as we want because that park doesn't have RV space. Anyway, you should count Vena and Kiryan plus 6. We will be there unless something crazy crazy happens, but even then, I am sure Michael will find a way to get us there.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu May 07, 2009 6:59 pm

Heheh.. wow.. that can't be easy with an infant!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Thu May 07, 2009 7:40 pm

Corth wrote:Heheh.. wow.. that can't be easy with an infant!

Well, when you've had 6, it's no big deal. With the first one, you think everything needs to be just so, but after you've had a few, you mellow out. And if you don't, they probably have pills for that. I wouldn't know, I'm about as mellow as a pillow, and pretty much look like one at this point. I'd have to be mellow to be married to Kiryan. Oh, and since we've had 2 girls in the last couple years, we only really have girl clothes, so Kiryan's first son will be wearing pink to the mud gathering. I figured it would be fine.... the baby doesn't know the difference.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun May 10, 2009 2:39 pm

Laurel, we'll make tons of plans to do all sorts of wild stuff, but when it gets right down to the wire it's all going to be about "Okay, where are we going with the baby today?" Or "what are we doing today and when is it my turn to hold the baby?"

muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Mon May 11, 2009 4:33 am

I want to go too. When approximately will this be? and i'm not sure i can go. i'd need to save money ahead of time. also hello all :D heheh, i just thought of what if someone was addicted to toril gatherings, lol and they had to go just to get their fix
Es gibt keinen Löffel!
Miax OOC: 'Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon May 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Leah, it's going to be 09/20/2009 through 09/25/2009 in Beverly Beach, which is just a little outside of Newport, Oregon. Bring a tent, share a communal yurt, or get a room in Newport and we'll all meet in the mornings.

muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Tue May 12, 2009 8:32 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Leah, it's going to be 09/20/2009 through 09/25/2009 in Beverly Beach, which is just a little outside of Newport, Oregon. Bring a tent, share a communal yurt, or get a room in Newport and we'll all meet in the mornings.

Thank you :D Well actually with those dates I can't go because that's during the week and i'm still in college :x but even if it was during the summer I'm not sure I could have enough saved by then. ah well
Es gibt keinen Löffel!
Miax OOC: 'Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.'
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:54 pm

Funny. I just decided to go back to school and thought "oh, I'll need to wait until spring because the toril gathering is in September." Priorities people! Priorities.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

This is the post that I haven't wanted to make.

Due to a health-related issue, I recently had to take almost three weeks off work to recover. Because of that, my PTO bank is exhausted, and I'm not going to have time available in September. I'm going to have to cancel my plans to go to Oregon.

You cannot imagine how disappointed I am over this. Throughout the time I had to take off, the worst part wasn't the pain or misery, it was knowing that because of that incident, I wouldn't be able to see you guys this year.

I still have those two cabins reserved at Beverly Beach. If somebody indicates to me in the next couple of weeks that they will absolutely be using them, I'll see about transferring the reservations and just leaving the deposits as my gift.

Dangit.

Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:13 am

Way sucky.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:43 am

Thats kinda what happened to me last year ... and this year I had used/planned a bunch before I knew about the plans for Oregon :(

I will try to set aside 5 days specifically for a meet next year.

Your health comes first, I just hope you are better from whatever happened to you.

In the meantime ... you can always start brainstorming great ideas for next year :)

<3 Miss you Kelly!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:13 pm

So who all is comign to the gathering in Oregon?

Laurel and I are game, but if no one is coming I can spend more time in the woods shooting at bambi.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:42 pm

kiryan wrote:So who all is comign to the gathering in Oregon?

Laurel and I are game, but if no one is coming I can spend more time in the woods shooting at bambi.

Dont forget to bag a Thumper he makes good stew!
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:24 pm

It's all falling apart without Kelly! So who is going?

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”