Lost BC Demonleather sleeves: Cooperation or Competition?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Lost BC Demonleather sleeves: Cooperation or Competition?

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:50 pm

Ok, disclaimer: Do not mud while at work. Awful things can happen, such as:

Yesterday morning, I inadvertently handed my pair of flayed demonleather sleeves
to the quest mob in the alligator marsh that wants flayed snakeskins. I thought I
looted it after I killed the mob, but must have missed it in all the chaos of my workday.
I asked Marthammor today if he could help me track it down.
He explained that he can see who picked it up, but cannot tell me who it was.

Doesn't that seem a little silly? I mean, I understand the error was on my
part. It's not like I'm asking him to transfer that item back for me. It would help
to know who picked them up so it's easier to track them down and get it back.

So that's the question... is this a mud that is more about working together and helping
each other and doing the right thing? Or is it more important to keep free found BC loot
and not cooperate and help each other?
Dalar
Sojourner

Re: Lost BC Demonleather sleeves: Cooperation or Competition?

Postby Dalar » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:41 pm

He's not an admin. Let the admin sphere handle it :) Patience my friend.
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:15 pm

Got it. Sorry to freak out about this. Just that BC is very seldom done, I've only been once.

The only other point I was trying to make is that perhaps the policy doesn't need to be so strict.
If I had known the person who picked them up, I wouldn't have had to send tells and mmail out like crazy. Not a big deal, pretty minor really. Thanks all!
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:56 am

The rule is in place to keep people from harassing the person that picked them up. I suggested that you post in public places such as the boards in-game and these forums. I even told you what side to look on. Not much else I was able to do and I don't believe the admin sphere would offer any more then that either.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:36 am

He got them back.
Lorendel Ebonmist
Sojourner

Postby Lorendel Ebonmist » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:30 pm

I have done things similar to that as well, when inquiring, all was told was that "someone" picked up the items(s), since i was in an area that was frequented by anyone else, i eventually discerned that that "someone" was a mob. Rogues peeking came in very handy, especially since, iirc, it was nabbed by a scavenger mob that couldnt wield/wear it ...

Im sure part of the policy is in place to maintain a certain level of immersive value. imho the mud already stretches the limits of "game realism" in a fantastic world, "realism" may be intrepreted by some as an oxymoron, but in the spirit and flavor of RPG worlds, we "are" actors on a stage, adopting personas and roles like actors in a movie or play. In "our" current version of the mud, "The Gods" helping out any/every person that misplaces or loses something is very "unrealistic". I do sypathesize with your particular plight (resolved) and it does suck to lose rare/hardearned eq...but on the otherhand i'm glad to hear news of some old-time, albeit hard-lined stances on char-imm interaction....on a different facet...clerics should get the commune spell, perhaps being able to ask an imm 3 yes/no questions would be a nice option....a grand spell quest would be in order of course...*ponder*

anyways glad you got your sleeves back....i hate losing eq to my own stupidity...but like in RL, it has made me wiser and more careful, well maybe not so much like in RL...but certainly im wiser with my characters....

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”