Oakvale Epic Rewards (not so epic)

For discussion of all area related issues - stats, new zones, quest issues, etc.
Kegor
Sojourner

Oakvale Epic Rewards (not so epic)

Postby Kegor » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:41 pm

Just got the stats on the items from this recently finished quest and I couldn't believe it. This quest is still on the serious love needed list in my book. Such an awesome epic oldschool quest that is still a waste of the nice and/or time consuming quest items that need to be sub-quested to finish this quest (a shield of engorged eyeballs, a deep green silk cloak, and the staff of the serpent to name a couple). Most people would be hard pressed to even find info from anyone still playing on half of the sub-quests (because those items have been left behing in the upgrade trends of the past too!). But then again, they wouldn't even bother to ask after knowing the rewards would they?

CURRENT ITEMS REWARDED & CHANGES:
a crystal sword of writhing silvery-white light * Removed: LEVITATE - Added: +1 HIT
a sapphire-encrusted shield * Restrung: a shield of blue-white crystal - Removed: MIN-GLOBE
chainmail of dancing flames * No Change

PREVIOUS TRASH:
There are still currently 3 items in the game (that I know about) from previous rewards of this quest with restrings, restats, and what have you, that can no longer be quested into the game. With the stats they retained I would just suggest you nuke them because I'm sure they are all ponded by now anyways. Those items are as follows [zstat oakvale (o)]:
a shield of blue-white crystal
a suit of blue-white crystal platemail 1
a suit of blue-white crystal platemail 2

Can this be looked at please?
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Re: Oakvale Epic Rewards (not so epic)

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:17 pm

Main issue is that HORRENDOUS shield. Give sword another damage and it's fine. Armor is fine I guess.

But shield has stats similar to BGR items. Remove all that crap it has and give it some hps and like 2 maxagi or something.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:06 pm

Does the missile shield even work? Last time I tried to use it at Bryn Shandar I ended up with 136 arrows. It is like minor missile shield or something?
muxxissinix
Sojourner

Postby muxxissinix » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:04 am

I have to agree that rewards in this quest are really outdated.

I think the +9agi on shield should be changed to some +max_agi at least, or maybe hps or +max_con.
Add an enchantment to the weapon(good version), something like holy ghost touch, the proc (blazing beam) is crap since most of mobs in zones are globed.
And for the armor it is supposed to be a hitter armor or tank armor, stats on this item are really lame (change resists on this maybe?).

One more thing, if this is supposed to be areas discussion, at least you should reply yes, no or not interested in that quest, then we know you guys are still there.

Thanks.
Silvanus
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Silvanus » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:18 pm

I appreciate discussion and analysis of epic quests and rewards balancing.

Return to “T2 Areas Discussion Archive”