RPQ Staff Resignation

News Updates from the Toril Staff.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

RPQ Staff Resignation

Postby Shevarash » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:14 am

Sojourners,

As most of you know already, the RPQ staff has resigned from the MUD recently. Their reasons are their own to talk about if they choose, but suffice it to say that they all had personal reasons for choosing to leave the MUD at this time. We are all still on good terms and nobody holds any ill will. I waited this long to make a formal announcement because I wanted to talk to the RPQ sphere one on one before making it official.

Auril, Eilistraee, Jergal, and Leira were all exemplary staff members and they will be dearly missed. They've done a lot for Toril over the years, including running special events, roleplay quests, coding, admin work, new areas, keeping the theme intact, and in general helping to foster an envrionment conducive to roleplayers. I am very proud of the work they've done, and the fact that Toril featured a dedicated staff for roleplay and questing.

Just to be clear again, this departure is not a split, a catastrophic intra-staff argument, or anything of this sort. This is four people deciding to retire, and I hope you all join me in thanking them for their hard work and wishing them luck in the future.

So what's next for the RPQ sphere? To be honest, we're still trying to figure that out. If anyone reading this is interested in an RPQ position within the staff, or just wants to talk about the future of RPQ on this MUD, please send me an email at shevarash@torilmud.org.

Thank you all for your patience in this matter. Feedback and comments are welcome below, but please remain respectful and polite.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Dalar
Sojourner

Re: RPQ Staff Resignation

Postby Dalar » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:30 am

First!

And thanks for all of your hard work.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Auril wrote:There has been some question about whether the RP-Q staff members have resigned. I have. I can no longer be what TorilMUD requires of its staff, so I have resigned my position. Eilistraee, Jergal and Leira have also individually resigned, although their reasons may differ.

Shev,

This doesn't sound like a personal reason this sounds more like someone pissed them off.

Sorry just my 2 cents.

Pril
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:25 pm

You're welcome to your opinion, Pril. I won't be discussing their reasons for leaving, and if you feel you need to speculate about it you're welcome to - but it isn't going to accomplish anything.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:56 pm

Shevarash wrote:You're welcome to your opinion, Pril. I won't be discussing their reasons for leaving, and if you feel you need to speculate about it you're welcome to - but it isn't going to accomplish anything.

I'm not speculating. I'm quoting the reason one of the gods who quit gave. Not once did I say what I thought it was that Auril could no longer be etc. Just saying that between that the post states that she can no longer be what Toril wants her to be.

To me "personal reason" is along the lines of I gave birth and need to be with my child, my *insert family member* passed away, Work has gotten to hard and I need to spend more time on it. The likely hood of 4 separate people leaving for personal reasons is highly unlikely. Maybe I need to redefine what "personal reason" means.
The best of WTF statments of '06

--------------------------------------------------------

Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'

Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'

Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:07 pm

My intention was to state that their reasons are private, not that they are completely unrelated to the MUD. And once again, I'm not going to discuss them.
Karae
Sojourner

Postby Karae » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:46 pm

All I know is that all of the RPQ staff will be greatly missed, RPing was one of the main reason I came back. I had good times back in the day before I had to grow up and get a job, and start a life.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:17 pm

Karae wrote:All I know is that all of the RPQ staff will be greatly missed, RPing was one of the main reason I came back. I had good times back in the day before I had to grow up and get a job, and start a life.

Me too. I live and breathe RP.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Karae
Sojourner

Postby Karae » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:28 pm

Dalar wrote:
Karae wrote:All I know is that all of the RPQ staff will be greatly missed, RPing was one of the main reason I came back. I had good times back in the day before I had to grow up and get a job, and start a life.

Me too. I live and breathe RP.

Now more than ever it will be up to the pb to iniate more rp
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:28 pm

Which won't happen. It's just not as fun in a player controlled environment. I actually did like RPing in other MUDs, just not this one. Too much bias.

Koric
Sojourner

Postby Koric » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:02 am

Thanks Sojourn/Toril staff and all its players for all the fond late-night memories
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:20 am

It's fun to RP that the forgers are on! It's fun to RP that I've seen only 1 forger who isn't every really visible or on more than what seems to be minutes per month.

TorilMUD Staff

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Forgers:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Cyric (Areas)
Shevarash (Code)
Shar (Admin)

Admin: Areas: Code:
=-=-=-=-=-= =-=-=-= =-=-=-=
Callarduran Dugmaren
Oghma Marthammor
Talona Lathander
Annam
Silvanus
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not to seem like I'm making it personal, but..
Cyric: MIA for years
Shar: See her on rarely in the morning
Shev: ditto, but sporadic, and no announcements from him in x long

It appears that Dugmaren, Annam, Silvanus, Callarduran do the volume of zone addition lately, save our favorite elf who's added at least 3 zones now. Not sure a mud can survive on Forger-autopilot(tm) for much, if any, longer.

Just the other day, there were 7 mortals playing. Too bad that Kegor and Corth weren't really playing, so there's just 5. That was around noon.

When I've seen something besides zones that's new, and not including weapon or strategy mods, it piques my interest. Unfortunately 2.0, nor anything that comes to mind, has been introduced except for more specific ID's on weapon critics in select zones.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:27 am

Suggestion?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:37 pm

Make Dugmaren a Forger, duh
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:41 pm

That won't actually change anything though. I mean I suppose technically I'll be sexier but..

Dug
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:53 am

Yea it would, technically one forger would be on.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:47 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way, Brian! I don't want to come across as an ass or personal to shev and shar, it's just that this game is full-time for some people. At best (at this point) it would seem it's not even a hobby for S/S now. Am I right on Cyric? The last time I even saw Cyric say (echo) anything was when Menzo came in a looong time ago -2006 or 2005-

Having Dug as a co-forge would be nice in you have the power to term all the elve..oh, wait I play elves - and you can term them as you are. Well, damn! At least you could limitless end stuff as you see fit. I'm running out of options to keep my interest here, after xp'g all classes etc. I don't need new zones or anything like that. It's just nice to have cycles of new things, like having some of the old classes brought back - or those damned myconids!

Even having ogre wield 2h sword as a 1h, while wearing shield would be sweet. A 900 lb blob isn't going to think twice about a 15 lb sword in its single hand!
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Yea, cause giving ogre 2h dual wield would save the mud.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:15 am

Clearly there are things that add to the mud. We could all just not say anything since forgers don't even show. An idea is an idea.

Shar's last post was August, 2008
Cyric's last was May 2007
Shev's cycles bi-weekly @ best.

So rather than add something pointless, lay off what I say and add something maybe, and add something YOU think would help the mud for variety. So many people have lost interest in false promises, it's no longer a sadistic joke even.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:09 pm

Dead horse: kicked.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:12 pm

The mud itself is a dead horse. Can't say it's not when the forgers show no interest. RL or not, it is what it is. I don't want it to be that way, but oh well
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:27 am

Friday night, 8:21 pm (EST): There are 22 mortal(s) on.

That includes Kegor and myself. So yeah, dead horse.

Now if people had just listened to me and the few others who had the balls to call out the forgers all these years maybe things would have been a little different. Or maybe not.

In any event, the social mudders who typically stood by and defended the do-nothing forgers can't even get their meet and greet booked this year. Apparent lack of interest. They thought that even if the game sucked at least they would have their mud friends. But when all is said and done the whole thing revolved around the game.. and when the game sucks, so does everything else revolving around it.

That about summarizes things?
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:12 pm

Corth wrote:Friday night, 8:21 pm (EST): There are 22 mortal(s) on.

That includes Kegor and myself. So yeah, dead horse.

Now if people had just listened to me and the few others who had the balls to call out the forgers all these years maybe things would have been a little different. Or maybe not.

In any event, the social mudders who typically stood by and defended the do-nothing forgers can't even get their meet and greet booked this year. Apparent lack of interest. They thought that even if the game sucked at least they would have their mud friends. But when all is said and done the whole thing revolved around the game.. and when the game sucks, so does everything else revolving around it.

That about summarizes things?

I don't necessarily agree with this Corth. I think the meet and greet issue is majorly due to people growing up and just being busy. I'd personally love to go but just don't have the time with everything that has been going on.

Mike
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:41 pm

I think he is saying that it is easier to draw from a pool of 100 versus a pool of 10. The fact that the average age has increased also means that the average income and stability has increased.

I also strongly agree with Corth on the suggestion that the place never had to die. It was always going to be a tough sell with graphical versions and a million other distractions, but there are also many times more people online now than in 1993. I also always point out that the number of people playing tabletop roleplaying games continues to grow.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:44 pm

Not to mention that there are still muds with pbases that rival or exceed this one at it's peak.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:58 am

One of which, is derived from Sojourn 1, where you can dual class...and it's very successful. That avenue did not dumb the game down, as xp is relative to your class order..also, strength lies in the synergy of your Class order. You have primary, secondary, tertiary, quaternary, quinary, senary, septenary, octonary, nonary (Avatar class) XP literally doubles per class as it goes out. So secondary needs 2x primary's to get same level, quaternary needs 8x primary's xp to be same level, etc.

Chaotic, and very broad in how you can play there. Given that, there's clearly other options of variance that can be done here. 2.0 is a great example. The mud I just spoke of doesn't seem as interesting as what little I saw of feats of 2.0
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:59 am

Dead Horse: Bloody pulp.
Khalil
Sojourner

Postby Khalil » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:08 pm

I nominate Corth as the next forger!
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Khalil wrote:I nominate Corth as the next forger!

Corth is on basically all the time! :)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:42 pm

:(
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Touk will keep things going! Fret not!

Return to “T2 Announcements Archive”