vince vaughns calling a car gay is offensive

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
kiryan
Sojourner

vince vaughns calling a car gay is offensive

Postby kiryan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:08 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... aad-bully/

This is a good response by GLAAD.

"Vince is right. Comedy does bring us together, unless one of us is the punch line,” GLAAD said on its website. “Then it pushes us apart."

and here's some honesty about the double standard

“Notice how we only ask if comedy has gone too far when it's a liberal protected class being mildly upset? When the media bash Christians or conservatives, then we're supposed to mature and accept it's just humor,” Gainor said. “Writers have plenty of freedom if they are willing to offend someone other than the right. Practically the only commandment most follow in Hollywood is: never offend a left-wing special interest group.”

and left wing activism.

“The gay extremists on the left have shown their true colors here. They are trying not to encourage tolerance,” he said. “They are trying to mandate acceptance. Any individual or business that doesn't agree will be squashed.”

and if you want to call this a one off...

Dr. Laura Schlessinger hosts one of those radio help lines where people call in and she shames them for basically being irresponsible and for some unknown reason thinking that they are going to find someone to tell them they aren't wrong. Anyhow this woman called in and was complaining about her white husband's friends supposedly being racist for asking what black people think. Anyhow long story short, Dr Laura says nigger about 11 times in an academic sense and basically she's going to quit her show at the end of the year because of the controversy.

This quote from the transcript is exactly what I'm talking about. Its ok for black peopel to say a word but not white people. and white people made the word and made it bad. What is more racist than that? Dr Laura was right on with her criticism of this woman as hypersensitive and that her white husband's white friends are not 'racist'.

http://starcasm.net/archives/60802

S: It’s — it depends how it’s said. Black guys talking to each other seem to think it’s OK.
C: But you’re not black. They’re not black. My husband is white.
S: Oh, I see. So, a word is restricted to race. Got it. Can’t do much about that.
C: I know what the N-word means and I know it came from a white person. And I know the white person made it bad.
S: All right. Thank you very much. Thank you very much. Can’t have this argument. You know what? If you’re that hypersensitive about color and don’t have a sense of humor, don’t marry out of your race.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Re: vince vaughns calling a car gay is offensive

Postby Ragorn » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Heheh you're trying to defend Dr. Laura. There hasn't been a more vile, vitriolic, blatently racist instigator in popular media in decades. Just goes to show what great lengths conservatives will go to defend their own kind, regardless of right and wrong.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:25 pm

Except he's not defending her for those reasons or for anything she said to that effect. Thanks for more of your typical bigoted, ignorant commentary.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm

Dr Laura has some pretty tough talk. Shes overly abusive in some situations... like a pro boxer in the ring with a kid and I have to turn her off. however, i'm not sure there have been many times I've disagreed with what she has said.

Give me an example of Dr Laura being a racist instigator outside of this event. The transcript of this call is not like anything I've ever heard her broadcast and I won't defend it because of her racially charged rant on Obama at the end.

I will defend her use of the word nigger. If black people can use it, so can white people and you all need to desensitize.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 pm

kiryan wrote:Dr Laura has some pretty tough talk. Shes overly abusive in some situations... like a pro boxer in the ring with a kid and I have to turn her off. however, i'm not sure there have been many times I've disagreed with what she has said.

Give me an example of Dr Laura being a racist instigator outside of this event. The transcript of this call is not like anything I've ever heard her broadcast and I won't defend it because of her racially charged rant on Obama at the end.

I will defend her use of the word nigger. If black people can use it, so can white people and you all need to desensitize.

Desensitize? Fine, go to your nearest poor neighborhood and start calling everyone a nigger.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Sarvis wrote:
kiryan wrote:Dr Laura has some pretty tough talk. Shes overly abusive in some situations... like a pro boxer in the ring with a kid and I have to turn her off. however, i'm not sure there have been many times I've disagreed with what she has said.

Desensitize? Fine, go to your nearest poor neighborhood and start calling everyone a nigger.

Why would you assume that the nearest poor neighborhood is a black neighborhood you racist ass!
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Actually you could be right. He lives in the south, so he'll probably just end up at some white trash trailer park.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:25 pm

Sarvis wrote:Actually you could be right. He lives in the south, so he'll probably just end up at some white trash trailer park.

How is Oregon "The South"? I mean it's no Siberia but sheesh!

Correction... I'm being told he lives in Montana not Oregon even though I'm pretty sure I was right... Kiryan is it Oregon or Montana? At any rate not the south.
The best of WTF statments of '06

--------------------------------------------------------

Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'

Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'

Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:32 pm

This thread makes me want some fried chicken.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:46 am

Pril wrote:
Sarvis wrote:Actually you could be right. He lives in the south, so he'll probably just end up at some white trash trailer park.

How is Oregon "The South"? I mean it's no Siberia but sheesh!

Correction... I'm being told he lives in Montana not Oregon even though I'm pretty sure I was right... Kiryan is it Oregon or Montana? At any rate not the south.

He's mentioned Arizona a couple times I think...?

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:08 pm

ages are approximate, may be off 1 year or so.

Oregon 0-18
Los Angeles 18-25
Japan 25-27
Los Angeles 27-29
Arizona 28-29 (worked M-Th in LA, spent F-Sun in Flagstaff)
Oregon 30-32
Montana 33

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”